PDA

View Full Version : RIDE TO THE GAME?

mike_b_284
12-29-2005, 03:45 PM
Is anyone coming through downtown on their way to the bengals game? I got tickets for me and my girlfriend (her first game), and can't afford a parking pass. But we will be able to chip in some on gas.

Sully
12-29-2005, 05:12 PM
If you can meet me closer to the stadium, and know that if you are riding with me you will be staying till the last seconds tick off, then we could work something out.

JBucc
12-29-2005, 05:13 PM
I'll send a limo to pick you up

SCTrojan
12-29-2005, 05:21 PM
The KC Metro express is a pretty good way to go, although it's $10 bucks per person, round trip. You get out of the parking lots pretty quickly. And they pick up all around the downtown area.

sedated
12-29-2005, 05:29 PM
hoof it.

your girlfriend will give you some good lovin after that

4th and Long
12-29-2005, 05:31 PM
The KC Metro express is a pretty good way to go, although it's $10 bucks per person, round trip. You get out of the parking lots pretty quickly. And they pick up all around the downtown area.
Your plan requires he spend $20. It cost $20 to park at Arrowhead. What part of, "can't afford" did you miss?

Chan93lx50
12-29-2005, 05:32 PM
How hot is your girlfriend? Then we can talk

4th and Long
12-29-2005, 05:49 PM
hoof it.

your girlfriend will give you some good lovin after that
:shake:

SLAG
12-29-2005, 06:14 PM
:shake:

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Hoover
12-29-2005, 06:16 PM
Take the Metro for 10 Bucks

SLAG
12-29-2005, 06:18 PM
Take the Metro for 10 Bucks
:stupid:

Halfcan
12-29-2005, 06:19 PM
Your plan requires he spend $20. It cost $20 to park at Arrowhead. What part of, "can't afford" did you miss?

Math-who the hell needs math in the real world-lol,

Hoover
12-29-2005, 06:21 PM
If he can't afford to get to the game, maybe he shouldn't ge going to the game.

Halfcan
12-29-2005, 06:48 PM
Next thread-"Hey is anyone tailgating-I will chip in for a bite of steak for me and my girl-and an extra 50 cents for a sip of beer."

milkman
12-29-2005, 06:53 PM
Before you blast the guy, why don't ya find out how he came by the tickets?

Maybe he got them as a gift.

Would you deny him the opportunity to go to a game live, simply because he's poor?

SLAG
12-29-2005, 06:57 PM
GOOD LORD THATS ALOT OF MONEY
http://www.nndb.com/people/879/000025804/rock03.jpg

SLAG
12-29-2005, 06:57 PM

Would you deny him the opportunity to go to a game live, simply because he's poor?

Hmm... I wouldnt call him poor by Global Standards

Iowanian
12-29-2005, 07:23 PM
I hope he finds a ride.

Better get down town and sell some plasma though....gf is gonna want a $6 hotdog and a $5 diet coke.

Hoover
12-29-2005, 07:24 PM
Does he have any family that could drop him off at the game?

SLAG
12-29-2005, 07:25 PM
I hope he finds a ride.

Better get down town and sell some plasma though....gf is gonna want a $6 hotdog and a $5 diet coke.

Dont worry about this guy too much if you can help him get a ride that would be cool but I know he knows how to make it happen either way

Hoover
12-29-2005, 07:25 PM
I hope he finds a ride.

yep, when my brother and I went to the raiders game the most expensive place we ate at was the effin stadium....

Drank a lot of beer.

milkman
12-29-2005, 07:30 PM
yep, when my brother and I went to the raiders game the most expensive place we ate at was the effin stadium....

Drank a lot of beer.

First game I went to, that I had to pay my own way, I was working nights at the 7-11, making a buck-85 an hour.

4th and Long
12-29-2005, 07:31 PM
First game I went to, that I had to pay my own way, I was working nights at the 7-11, making a buck-85 an hour.
What year was that, old timer? :p

milkman
12-29-2005, 07:37 PM
What year was that, old timer? :p

Let's just say Lenny Dawson was still a Chief.

4th and Long
12-29-2005, 07:40 PM
Let's just say Lenny Dawson was still a Chief.
ROFL

Can you remember what it cost to park or how much beer and a hot dog cost?

milkman
12-29-2005, 07:52 PM
ROFL

Can you remember what it cost to park or how much beer and a hot dog cost?

Are you kidding?

I can't remember how much I paid for the last beer I bought, and you think I can all those years ago?

:banghead:

Bob Dole
12-29-2005, 08:18 PM

No, but it's tough to pass up an opportunity to flip him some shit...

SCTrojan
12-29-2005, 09:42 PM

I thought it was $25 and that's why I said, it costs $10 per person, though.

Saulbadguy
12-29-2005, 09:48 PM
I'm no financial genious, but if you can't scrape up $20, maybe you shouldn't be going to a football game.

Phobia
12-29-2005, 10:32 PM
I'll give you a ride, dude. You have my number.

Halfcan
12-29-2005, 10:38 PM
I'll give you a ride, dude. You have my number.

I don't think he wants "that" kind of ride-he said he had a girlfriend-lol

Phobia
12-29-2005, 10:46 PM
I know you got vibes when we met last week, but I was serious... My wife won't let me go out with men.

I'm offering a ride to the guy. Frankly I'm a little disappointed in some of the jackass responses on this thread. Dude wants a ride and you guys insult him.

Count Zarth
12-29-2005, 10:52 PM
S T F U troll!

Halfcan
12-29-2005, 10:55 PM
jackass responses on the Planet-that is unusual

Halfcan
12-29-2005, 10:56 PM
S T F U troll!

Kind of like this?

Logical
12-29-2005, 10:58 PM
Sounds like you got a ride, long, long ago I would park in the residential area not far from the complex and walk in to avoid the traffic. I was younger, healthier and much more energetic. I would have suggested that had Phil not intervened. Being in San Diego I could not offer you a ride.

SLAG
12-29-2005, 11:01 PM
if somone wants to give me a ticket to the game I can give him a ride :D

chiefqueen
12-30-2005, 07:49 AM
Take the Metro,

be @ Westin Crown Center no later than 9:40

FWIW - The KCATA claims that they have buses leave every 10 min. but that's not always the case so if you miss the first bus you may be screwed.

chagrin
12-30-2005, 08:02 AM
S T F U troll!

that's actually pretty funny

beavis
12-30-2005, 08:10 AM
Why not? Carl would.

Hoover
12-30-2005, 08:12 AM
Frankly I'm a little disappointed in some of the jackass responses on this thread. Dude wants a ride and you guys insult him.

The planet is what it always has been, a bunch of smart asses. I didn't see anything that was out of line. Dude wanted a ride from Downtown, people said take the metro. I'm sorry if he can't afford it. I really want to take a vacation to Whisler in April, $700 bucks per person for 5 nights at a top hotel and a 4 day lift ticket. That's well within my budget, I'm just having a hard time swinging the $1500 to fly my wife and I out there, so I guess I'm not going.....

Iowanian
12-30-2005, 08:15 AM
Frankly I'm a little disappointed in some of the jackass responses on this thread..

Now there is some Irony.

Share a box of dounuts with whitlock in the press box and Forget your roots.

jspchief
12-30-2005, 08:21 AM
I know you got vibes when we met last week, but I was serious... My wife won't let me go out with men.

I'm offering a ride to the guy. Frankly I'm a little disappointed in some of the jackass responses on this thread. Dude wants a ride and you guys insult him. Is it the free ride? Or the premium ride with all the insider content?

Are you gonna tailgate?

Iowanian
12-30-2005, 08:23 AM
Full use of the Radio and Heating facility inside the vehicle with prepaid premium membership. 1 free poloroid with budding journalist.

Hoover
12-30-2005, 08:23 AM
Now there is some Irony.

Share a box of dounuts with whitlock in the press box and Forget your roots.
I was thinking we could have a public service announcment that if you need a ride to the game please go over to Warpaint. The only problem is by the time they could actually post a thread the game or heck the NFL draft might be over.

Phobia
12-30-2005, 08:33 AM
Yeah, I'm planning to tailgate. You coming this week?

To clarify my statement, I'm not above or against jackass statements. We all know I've made more than my fair share. But the dude needs a frick'n ride and felt comfortable enough to turn to his "friends" on the planet. Insulting him because he can't come up with the coin is beyond anything I've ever felt was acceptable. A lot of people have a hard time allocating $20 to parking. I've ridden in with Joe more than once. I know several friends who can't budget $200 annually to parking.

SLAG
12-30-2005, 08:38 AM

To clarify my statement, I'm not above or against jackass statements. We all know I've made more than my fair share. But the dude needs a frick'n ride and felt comfortable enough to turn to his "friends" on the planet. Insulting him because he can't come up with the coin is beyond anything I've ever felt was acceptable. A lot of people have a hard time allocating $20 to parking. I've ridden in with Joe more than once. I know several friends who can't budget $200 annually to parking.

I have Known Mike_b for quite some time and I Will give him swift kick in the nuts any day of the week

jspchief
12-30-2005, 08:38 AM
Phobia's just luring him in.

Phob: "hey buddy, hop in"
Mike b: "Thanks, man"
Phob: "hey, we gotta make a quick stop at this computer"
Mike b: "ummm?"
Phob: "have you seen this awesome new Chiefs site?"
Mike b: "I probably shouldn't"
Phob: "go ahead, it's on me this time. You'll have a blast"
Mike b: "I guess I'll try it"

two weeks later...

Mike b: "Hey Phob, can I check out that site again?"
Phob: " Sure, that'll be $79.95"
Mike b: "bastard"

Saulbadguy
12-30-2005, 08:41 AM
I didn't see too many insults, other than my own.

jspchief
12-30-2005, 08:41 AM

Yep. I tried to sell my tickets but couldn't get it done. I'll be in the usual spot with tent and heater.

Any idea who else is going?

Iowanian
12-30-2005, 08:44 AM
translation:
"hey mike_b, buddy....come to my new hahd cowah site wheyah tha peopla nica and you can come and pahk in the cah pahk with meh"

I didn't see anything that hasn't been expected here for 5 years. I also did see what I expected, and that was at least 1 offer to give him a ride, included with a little friendly hazing.

dirk digler
12-30-2005, 08:44 AM

Damn those whiners over at WPI have made you soft. :)

Hoover
12-30-2005, 08:47 AM
Damn those whiners over at WPI have made you soft. :)
No thats the stool softener he's been taking

Iowanian
12-30-2005, 08:48 AM
Hoover!
Just how insensitive can you be to people with colon content stagnation disorder? Making a joke about those requiring medication and a large wooden spoon to have a movement is just terribly offensive. Whats it going to be next, poetry about poo bricks used to build adobe homes?

Hoover
12-30-2005, 08:51 AM
Hoover!
Just how insensitive can you be to people with colon content stagnation disorder? Making a joke about those requiring medication and a large wooden spoon to have a movement is just terribly offensive. Whats it going to be next, poetry about poo bricks used to build adobe homes?
Sorry I've disappointed you Iowanian.

Maybe its a Iowa thing?

Phobia
12-30-2005, 08:51 AM
I'll ban you all...

Oh.

Hoover
12-30-2005, 08:53 AM
I'll ban you all...

Oh.
lol, how are your mods putting up with your new system over there?

dirk digler
12-30-2005, 08:54 AM
I'll ban you all...

Oh.

Thanks ExtremeONe

:)

Phobia
12-30-2005, 08:55 AM
Yep. I tried to sell my tickets but couldn't get it done. I'll be in the usual spot with tent and heater.

Any idea who else is going?

OTC and his lady will be there, but I predict another issue like last time when she recovered from a hangover in the car all morning. Heh heh.

Chiefsfan5840 is supposed to be around as well. I don't know who else though. Angel usually stops by if she can con her way to a ticket. Jazzzlovr - I dunno who else. Your friend, chiefsfolife was there last week looking to apologize, hug, and pour a shot of Jagger down everybody's throat.

Phobia
12-30-2005, 09:00 AM
lol, how are your mods putting up with your new system over there?

TheExtremeOne offered up a lot of resistance, was fired, and then later banned. A couple others got fired after 2 weeks of zero posts from them. I think a mod should be around a little more than than that. Everybody else is on board now. Traffic is up and we have some interesting discussions now. We get a lot of rival fans. That's the best part of the move over there, the network offers seamless integration into other team's boards without the hassle of registering at independant sites.

jspchief
12-30-2005, 09:04 AM
TheExtremeOne offered up a lot of resistance, was fired, and then later banned. A couple others got fired after 2 weeks of zero posts from them. I think a mod should be around a little more than than that. Everybody else is on board now. Traffic is up and we have some interesting discussions now. We get a lot of rival fans. That's the best part of the move over there, the network offers seamless integration into other team's boards without the hassle of registering at independant sites.SPAM!

Phobia
12-30-2005, 09:06 AM
Chiefsfolife and I will whoop your ass Sunday, JSP. You and that donkey-lovin wife.

jspchief
12-30-2005, 09:10 AM
Rumble.

Are you bringing the whole setup? What are you doing for grub? I'm kind of thinking about doing it up right since it's the last game. But my hearts not really into it so I may just keep it simple. Not sure yet.

Phobia
12-30-2005, 09:13 AM
I'm not doing anything special for the 2nd week in a row. With family in town, it's far too hectic to go all out with food and everything. In fact, last week I brought a sandwich with me. It was the worst tailgate ever and not just because of the rain. Heh heh.

Skip Towne
12-30-2005, 09:21 AM
TheExtremeOne offered up a lot of resistance, was fired, and then later banned. A couple others got fired after 2 weeks of zero posts from them. I think a mod should be around a little more than than that. Everybody else is on board now. Traffic is up and we have some interesting discussions now. We get a lot of rival fans. That's the best part of the move over there, the network offers seamless integration into other team's boards without the hassle of registering at independant sites.
I knew it would happen. You've ruined that site.

SBK
12-30-2005, 09:32 AM
This thread is a great read.

I was thinking, if I didn't have $10 bucks at the game I'd be pissed, cause it's like $12 bucks or some ungodly amount of money for a Poor Russ and some beans from JackStack......

Phobia
12-30-2005, 09:36 AM
I think cheesy corn should be required eating at Arrowhead. Jack Stack should hand them out as you enter the gates.

jspchief
12-30-2005, 09:38 AM
WTF is cheesy corn?

SBK
12-30-2005, 09:40 AM
WTF is cheesy corn?

I prefer the beans, but some would call it "heaven on earth."

BigRedChief
12-30-2005, 09:42 AM
I think cheesy corn should be required eating at Arrowhead. Jack Stack should hand them out as you enter the gates.

Corn has nothing on the beans at Smokestack. They are frigging crack.:harumph:

SBK
12-30-2005, 09:45 AM
Corn has nothing on the beans at Smokestack. They are frigging crack.:harumph:

They're worse than crack. When I lived in Des Moines I spent many a Saturday afternoon trying to convince my wife that we should drive to KC so I could eat some beans.

Last time I was in town I drove down to the Chiefs game for two reasons, to see KC whup NE, and to eat beans. What a sad pathetic man I am!

Phobia
12-30-2005, 09:49 AM
WTF is cheesy corn?

-It's self descriptive. You should check it out sometime soon. It sounds goofy but it's worth the $5 at Arrowhead.

Saulbadguy
12-30-2005, 11:16 AM
I agree, except now I have to have multiple usernames after I get them banned from different rival sites.

siberian khatru
12-30-2005, 11:17 AM
They're worse than crack. When I lived in Des Moines I spent many a Saturday afternoon trying to convince my wife that we should drive to KC so I could eat some beans.

Last time I was in town I drove down to the Chiefs game for two reasons, to see KC whup NE, and to eat beans. What a sad pathetic man I am!

I'm guessing driving there with you wasn't the problem so much as the drive back.

SBK
12-30-2005, 11:44 AM
I'm guessing driving there with you wasn't the problem so much as the drive back.

6 hours in the car for dinner = "NO" from the wife.

Simply Red
12-30-2005, 12:04 PM
I will be coming through there. I will be coming from the airport. But no, I am sorry but you may be weird. But if you tell me what you and her look like i will through a couple of popcorn-balls out to you, to munch on while you walk.

SLAG
12-30-2005, 12:07 PM
Hey Mike it looks like We are going to the game