PDA

View Full Version : Bromberg Predicts The Perfect Storm

HolyHandgernade
12-29-2005, 08:18 PM
I didn't think anyone would pick the Lions, but two did. Only Bromberg picks the scenario the Chiefs need, however:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/NFL_SC-PRED

RedDread
12-29-2005, 08:21 PM
That's against the spread, no way in hell any analyst worth his salt takes the Lions straight up

Warrior5
12-29-2005, 08:36 PM
The only way it'll happen, is if kcnut confirms it.

ck_IN
12-29-2005, 08:52 PM
The only way the Chiefs beat Cinci is if Cinci doesn't take the game seriously. Palmer and Johnson can slice and dice the Chiefs secondary.

Frazod
12-29-2005, 08:55 PM
That's against the spread, no way in hell any analyst worth his salt takes the Lions straight up

Exactly.

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-29-2005, 09:01 PM
The only way the Chiefs beat Cinci is if Cinci doesn't take the game seriously. Palmer and Johnson can slice and dice the Chiefs secondary.

ya, but cincy's defense is swiss cheese. green and LJ should have a field day. i like the odds of us beating the bengals.

Frazod
12-29-2005, 09:07 PM
ya, but cincy's defense is swiss cheese. green and LJ should have a field day. i like the odds of us beating the bengals.

Probably be like the Indy game - last team to score wins, and you'd better not f#ck up on offense.

cdcox
12-29-2005, 09:13 PM
Cincy should be no problem. Send 8 or 9 guys on a blitz every passing down, hitting Palmer hard every time whether he has the ball or not. Make Marvin Lewis decide just how important it is to win this game.

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-29-2005, 09:14 PM
Probably be like the Indy game - last team to score wins, and you'd better not f#ck up on offense.

yes very true...i could see dante having a big day as well. mcgee for buffalo had a field day on them last week.

milkman
12-29-2005, 09:15 PM
Cincy should be no problem. Send 8 or 9 guys on a blitz every passing down, hitting Palmer hard every time whether he has the ball or not. Make Marvin Lewis decide just how important it is to win this game.

Great plan.

One little problem.

Our blitz execution is pathetic.

cdcox
12-29-2005, 09:22 PM
Great plan.

One little problem.

Our blitz execution is pathetic.

Which part of "hitting him hard whether he has the ball or not," didn't you understand. Its not like Slavil or Gopher getting ejected is going to cause a collapse of our already collasped D.

SD will have already removed any suspense by then anyway. But if the game means something, I sure would find a way to pursuade ML that the game wasn't that important any way.

milkman
12-29-2005, 09:27 PM
Which part of "hitting him hard whether he has the ball or not," didn't you understand. Its not like Slavil or Gopher getting ejected is going to cause a collapse of our already collasped D.

SD will have already removed any suspense by then anyway. But if the game means something, I sure would find a way to pursuade ML that the game wasn't that important any way.

They have to get to him before they can hit him, whether he has the ball or not.

Unless you're advocting hitting him while he's on the way to the huddle for the next play, they ain't gonna be able to hit him.

cdcox
12-29-2005, 09:29 PM
They have to get to him before they can hit him, whether he has the ball or not.

Unless you're advocting hitting him while he's on the way to the huddle for the next play, they ain't gonna be able to hit him.

Well, maybe I am underestimating the ineptitude of our blitz.

milkman
12-29-2005, 09:31 PM
Well, maybe I am underestimating the ineptitude of our blitz.

Yeah, well, maybe I am embellishing a bit.

ck_IN
12-29-2005, 09:32 PM
I think you're underestimating the ability of their Oline. They have a pretty good one.

Rain Man
12-30-2005, 08:02 AM
Oh ye of little faith. Detroit's going to do their part. They didn't draft Joey Harrington for nothing.

beer bacon
12-30-2005, 08:11 AM
Oh ye of little faith. Detroit's going to do their part. They didn't draft Joey Harrington for nothing.

Yeah, that is what they drafted Charles Rogers for.

Simplex3
12-30-2005, 08:12 AM
Cinci's D may be pourus, but they get turnovers like crazy. They've had multiple 5+ turnover games. LJ and Trent have both turned the ball over in the past. If they do here, this game could be out of hand early.

siberian khatru
12-30-2005, 08:14 AM
Yeah, that is what they drafted Charles Rogers for.

And 7 or 8 other first-round WRs.

Herzig
12-30-2005, 08:15 AM
The Lions already came through for us once this season when they drafted Mike Williams and allowed Derrick Johnson to fall to #15. Can they do it again?

GO LIONS!