PDA

View Full Version : Firefly - complete series on DVD for $22 + free shipping

ENDelt260
12-30-2005, 09:04 AM
http://www.buy.com/retail/Product.asp?sku=40231032&adid=17662&adid=17662

Just a heads up

KcMizzou
12-30-2005, 12:23 PM
Sweet, I'll have to order this. I gave my set to a buddy, and got him hooked too.

The movie's pretty good too... but I actually enjoyed the series more.

Hydrae
12-30-2005, 12:27 PM
I just watched this series the last week. I have to say that I agree with all those who say it is a shame this series got cut so quick. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing. Great contrasts with the cast members, decent story lines and great humor.

Now I need to find the movie so I can see how much of the story they actually finish. I want to know what they did to River in the "Academy". What is the real story behind Shepherd Book (I have liked Ron Glass since his days on Barney Miller. I was thrilled to see him in this)? So much more to find out about these people and no shows to learn it all. :deevee:

cookster50
12-30-2005, 12:33 PM
Now I need to find the movie so I can see how much of the story they actually finish.

I must say that I enjoyed seeing the movie in the theater a lot more than on the tv. This is definitely a movie that is better on the big screen IMHO.

Baby Lee
12-30-2005, 01:57 PM
"Currently unavailable from the manufacturer."

ENDelt260
12-30-2005, 02:12 PM
"Currently unavailable from the manufacturer."
Damn.

Glad I got my order in this morning.

Simply Red
12-30-2005, 02:15 PM
Damn.

Glad I got my order in this morning.

Tell me more about the series. Not familiar I have been watching "Sleeper-Cell".

Tribal Warfare
12-30-2005, 03:28 PM
Tell me more about the series. Not familiar I have been watching "Sleeper-Cell".

Just watch the movie Serenity. It starts out exactly how the series did , but it has more goodies. In general, Joss Wheldon the creator of Buffy The Vampire Slayer elaborated a series that mixed the wild west and the science fiction genre. Personally, I thought it sucked, but I love science fiction and different ideas concerning the genre. It also had a hot prostitute on the program too.

jspchief
12-30-2005, 09:15 PM
I started watching the series after the movie was given good reviews here.
My overall opinion is that the series was pretty hit or miss. I really enjoyed some episodes, but others were just aweful. Without knowing the actual original order that the episodes came in, I'm guessing the writing and acting improved as they progressed.
My Tivo is still getting episodes that I haven't seen yet, and I'm still interested enough to watch, so apparently it's good enough.

I will say I have a hard time reconciling the whole western meets space aspect. and the props look really low budget at times, especially the cheesy guns. I also think a lot of their villains are lame.

It's actually made me wonder if I shouldn't give some of the other sci-fi series a shot. I've never given shows like Stargate a chance, but maybe should reconsider.

KcMizzou
12-30-2005, 09:19 PM
My overall opinion is that the series was pretty hit or miss. I really enjoyed some episodes, but others were just aweful. Without knowing the actual original order that the episodes came in, I'm guessing the writing and acting improved as they progressed.
My Tivo is still getting episodes that I haven't seen yet, and I'm still interested enough to watch, so apparently it's good enough.

I will say I have a hard time reconciling the whole western meets space aspect. and the props look really low budget at times, especially the cheesy guns. I also think a lot of their villains are lame.

It's actually made me wonder if I shouldn't give some of the other sci-fi series a shot. I've never given shows like Stargate a chance, but maybe should reconsider. I haven't heard much about Stargate, but people rave about the new Battlestar Gallactica. Haven't seen either, but I plan to check out BSG sometime on DVD.

Bowser
12-30-2005, 10:38 PM
I haven't heard much about Stargate, but people rave about the new Battlestar Gallactica. Haven't seen either, but I plan to check out BSG sometime on DVD.

There are many similarities between Stargate SG1 and Firefly, only Firefly is a lot darker, and bloodier. FOX screwed the pooch dumping this show. I hope the SCI-FI channel picks it up after the good reviews the movie brought.

And trust me, if you like sci-fi at all, you will love BSG.

Valiant
12-31-2005, 12:23 AM
Im a huge stargate sg-1 and smallville fan... You cannot go wrong with any of those shows...

Valiant
12-31-2005, 12:28 AM

It's actually made me wonder if I shouldn't give some of the other sci-fi series a shot. I've never given shows like Stargate a chance, but maybe should reconsider.

Sci-fi worth buying or netflixing..

stargate sg-1 is huge, over 10 seasons I believe and one spinoff.. Action, humor and long story lines...

Babylon 5, five seasons worth of quality story telling...

Smallville, superman what else can I say..

BSG, is boring to me... the original is better from what I have watched granted only about ten episodes of the new show...

A old series that was really good and got canceled imo was 'the kindred...'

Count Zarth
12-31-2005, 12:35 AM
It's too emo.

KcMizzou
12-31-2005, 12:42 AM
It's too emo. I'm not sure I even know wtf emo is...

Barrymore50
12-31-2005, 01:19 AM
Wal-Mart has a dispaly at the front of the store of "TV on DVD" for $19.96 for each set. Includes: Firefly (Complete series), Wonderfalls (complete series), Angel Season 1, Buffy Season 1, and many more. Just thought I'd let everybody know...especially if you're by a Wal-Mart.

Tribal Warfare
12-31-2005, 02:20 AM
I'm not sure I even know wtf emo is...

It's an even pussier version of goth

Valiant
12-31-2005, 11:33 AM
It's an even pussier version of goth

pop punk goth..

unlurking
12-31-2005, 11:44 AM
I got the seasons 1-8 of SG1 on DVD for XMas. Have converted the first 2 seasons to AVC MP4 and have been slowly watching it on my PSP on my commute. I never really got into it until SG Atlantis (like the wraith), but have been enjoying it. Already have all my Farscape episodes converted and will probably watch them again after SG1. One of my all time favorite sci-fi show.

Hydrae
12-31-2005, 01:43 PM
Wal-Mart has a dispaly at the front of the store of "TV on DVD" for $19.96 for each set. Includes: Firefly (Complete series), Wonderfalls (complete series), Angel Season 1, Buffy Season 1, and many more. Just thought I'd let everybody know...especially if you're by a Wal-Mart.

Is there anyone who isn't "by a Wal-Mart?"

Baby Lee
12-31-2005, 03:38 PM
Is there anyone who isn't "by a Wal-Mart?"
No Wal-Marts in St. Louis city limits. Closest is at Gravois Bluffs, about 20 miles south.

Deberg_1990
12-31-2005, 05:20 PM
Great show. I started watching it on the Sci-Fi channel over the summer and got hooked. I was never a Whedon fan until this. The guy is a hell of a writer. I recently bought "Serenity" as well and loved it (except for a few developments which i wont give away) I think i read somewhere that said Whedon is done with Firefly and there will be no more movies. Too bad...

banyon
12-31-2005, 05:35 PM
Firefly rocks!!!

http://home.att.net/~the11thhour/FFLL-Poster-lrg.jpg

KcMizzou
12-31-2005, 05:42 PM
Heh... that's cool.

ENDelt260
12-31-2005, 05:51 PM
ROFL "Whore" is just another way to say I love you.