royr17
12-30-2005, 11:38 AM
Dexter McCleon (Sucks)
http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/9074/maddennfl06200511080236132422l.jpg

Sammy Knight (Gettin Shown Up)
http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/4126/maddennfl06200511080236155237o.jpg

Patrick Surtain (Getting Burnt)
http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/1931/maddennfl06200511080236169764s.jpg

Kendrell Bell (Gettin Ready to level someone)
http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/759/maddennfl06200510260120425746u.jpg

Kendrell Bell (Lays out Tatum Bell)
http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/4034/maddennfl06200510260120477461s.jpg

royr17
12-30-2005, 11:39 AM
Hang on guys i'll resize these

royr17
12-30-2005, 12:04 PM
im sorry guys but i cant get these to resize.

hopefully someone that know what they are doin can. I was totally unaware they were this big.

rageeumr
12-30-2005, 12:39 PM
Anybody else think that Surtain's head looks about 3X too small for his body?

ChiefsFire
12-30-2005, 12:42 PM
was thinkin that too

sammy knight looks like hes got his "O" face on

Simplex3
12-30-2005, 12:51 PM
Ok, do facial expressions make the game any more playable? Maybe they should quit worrying about the bling on some guy's teeth and make the game play better. Just a thought.

htismaqe
12-30-2005, 12:57 PM
Ok, do facial expressions make the game any more playable? Maybe they should quit worrying about the bling on some guy's teeth and make the game play better. Just a thought.

I absolutely agree.

That's one of the reasons I like NCAA so much better. No "crib" mode, etc. Just the game. The only thing NCAA adds is Mascot games, but since the mascots and the physics engine are already there, I highly doubt it takes up that much room on the game disc...

chefsos
12-30-2005, 12:57 PM
Are the Chiefs line dancing on the sideline in pic#1?

G25tailgater
12-30-2005, 01:23 PM
Not very realistic...Kendrell Bell is making a tackle.

irishjayhawk
12-30-2005, 01:30 PM
I absolutely agree.

That's one of the reasons I like NCAA so much better. No "crib" mode, etc. Just the game. The only thing NCAA adds is Mascot games, but since the mascots and the physics engine are already there, I highly doubt it takes up that much room on the game disc...

My sentiments exactly. Moreover, these graphics are not very good. Everyone is drooling over them because a) its the only football game available (sad thing for the NFL todo, decrease competition) b) its the first one on a next gen game. It's note very good, as Surtain looks mutated, (either his head is too little, body too big, both, his neck looks HUGE) the stadium (I know it's a little thing) but the stadium looks horrible as the trademark corners of Arrowhead look gone. It looks like a standard bowl. It is usually a sea of red, not yellow.

If they'd take some time to revamp the game play, make some graphics adjustments (small ones) they could have the best game on the market and wouldn't have to get the NFL to back them.

When I pay $60 a game, I want more than just "we increased the vein size so you can see them now"

htismaqe
12-30-2005, 01:34 PM
My sentiments exactly. Moreover, these graphics are not very good. Everyone is drooling over them because a) its the only football game available (sad thing for the NFL todo, decrease competition) b) its the first one on a next gen game. It's note very good, as Surtain looks mutated, (either his head is too little, body too big, both, his neck looks HUGE) the stadium (I know it's a little thing) but the stadium looks horrible as the trademark corners of Arrowhead look gone. It looks like a standard bowl. It is usually a sea of red, not yellow.

If they'd take some time to revamp the game play, make some graphics adjustments (small ones) they could have the best game on the market and wouldn't have to get the NFL to back them.

When I pay $60 a game, I want more than just "we increased the vein size so you can see them now"

I would venture to guess that we're seeing early-gen modelling in these pics.

They probably haven't fully fleshed out the stadiums yet.

irishjayhawk
12-30-2005, 01:35 PM
I would venture to guess that we're seeing early-gen modelling in these pics.

They probably haven't fully fleshed out the stadiums yet.
Yeah but they still charge premium price for them. That's what bugs me.

htismaqe
12-30-2005, 01:39 PM
Yeah but they still charge premium price for them. That's what bugs me.

I don't believe these screen shots came from the existing Madden for XBox 360, but from next year's version, which is in development.

Maybe I'm wrong?

irishjayhawk
12-30-2005, 01:41 PM
If so, I'm sorry. I thought these were from this year's version.

Iowanian
12-30-2005, 01:54 PM
If they were going to Rub out ESPN's nfl football game, the least they could have done was taken some of the better features from it.

I loved the training aspect of ESPN.

I concur that playability and realism are far more important to me, than the gold teeth on a closeup I'd rather skip anyway.

royr17
12-30-2005, 02:09 PM
I'D JUST LIKE TO KNOW WHO HAS THE GOLD TEETH IN THESE PICS.

Iowanian
12-30-2005, 02:35 PM
I don't know, but I do know I don't need to see the face Jerry Porter makes when he's taking a dump, to improve the playability of the game, personally.

ZootedGranny
12-30-2005, 03:04 PM
The pics are from this year's version of the game.

I've got the 360 version, and its criminal the way they left features out. I knew many of them were gone before I bought the game (owner's mode, editing players, etc), but there were little things like not being able to make formation substitutions, or play with two people on the same team.

Graphically, its amazing, and looks MUCH better than the screens posted in this thread. However, there are also bad mistakes. For instance, they have the Chiefs logo WAY too big on the helmets.

They did take stuff from the ESPN series, such as the horrific running animation, and the sense of not being in control in some plays.

All that said, now they have a graphical asset base to work from, and they do have several solid things they've incorporated to carry from year to year. The thing I'm looking forward to in 07 is if EA will implement a more realistic physics engine, which they've said they're currently working on.

royr17
12-30-2005, 03:08 PM
so you cant edit players ???

well that friggin sucks.

ZootedGranny
12-30-2005, 03:16 PM
There's a shitload you can't do...I come across stuff all of the time.

It is pretty damn fun though. I prefer a lot of the stuff from the current gen version, but its hard to go back once you've played this. I had written the 360 version off until I downloaded the 360 demo and found myself playing it over and over.

Simplex3
12-30-2005, 03:33 PM
The thing I'm looking forward to in 07 is if EA will implement a more realistic physics engine, which they've said they're currently working on.
Yes, the new physics engine in right in line for after you can see the Rat's individual pubes caught in Plummer's 'stache. Don't dilude yourself thinking that eye candy takes a back seat to ANYTHING in the Madden series.

ChiefsLV
12-30-2005, 03:56 PM

That's not Patrick Surtain, it's Beetlejuice!

This is beetle..is as bad as can he knowwws..hes the best
This is beetle..is as bad as can he knowwws..hes the best
Hes big and hes strong and he knows hes better and he knows what he gets
He knows what he knows and he knows what he have and he knows what he gets..he gets better
And hes a TOUGH GUY.. and he knows. He knows the best. I can

Valiant
12-31-2005, 01:43 AM
The pics are from this year's version of the game.

I've got the 360 version, and its criminal the way they left features out. I knew many of them were gone before I bought the game (owner's mode, editing players, etc), but there were little things like not being able to make formation substitutions, or play with two people on the same team.

Graphically, its amazing, and looks MUCH better than the screens posted in this thread. However, there are also bad mistakes. For instance, they have the Chiefs logo WAY too big on the helmets.

They did take stuff from the ESPN series, such as the horrific running animation, and the sense of not being in control in some plays.

All that said, now they have a graphical asset base to work from, and they do have several solid things they've incorporated to carry from year to year. The thing I'm looking forward to in 07 is if EA will implement a more realistic physics engine, which they've said they're currently working on.

I think the damn game is way to simplified.. the fact that I blast a 65 yard FG with tynes my first time playing.. I put up 74pts in five minute qtrs agianst my buddy the first time i played and still lost.. The game looks great, plays like crap... Moss runs left and then dives back right for ten yards to catch passes... The game needs some serious work...

dtebbe
12-31-2005, 01:52 AM
I'D JUST LIKE TO KNOW WHO HAS THE GOLD TEETH IN THESE PICS.

Come on.. it's TEEF in tha Grille

DT

dtebbe
12-31-2005, 01:54 AM
The attention to detail sucks. Everyone knows club level at arrowhead is Empty when it snows or is below 40 outside :)

DT

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 06:22 AM
This year's Madden was stripped WAY down. EA wanted a launch title and nothing less.

It'll be better next year and they won't leave stuff out...