PDA

View Full Version : This is hidden racisim

Pages : [1] 2 3

13and3
12-30-2005, 04:33 PM
How in the hell can Johnson County Kansas City Chiefs fans justify not footing any of the bill for improvements to arrowhead stadium. I grew up in Kansas City Mo, Jackson County's largest tax base, and let me give all of you a little shocker, they are mostly poor people, and they are mostly black people.

As a black man, a Jackson County resident, and as a Cheifs fan I supporoted bi-state, even though it was a ill thought out plan. But the feeling of the black community now is that we will not support a bill that relieves 50% or more of the real Cheif's fan (according to King Carl these are all season ticket holders) responsibility to help keep this team here, in OUR METROPOLITAN AREA!!! There is no way that that this burden should fall on the shoulders of people already overburdened with crime, and poverty. Taxes need to be levied for the debacle of an education system we have here in the Kansas City school district, not on the damn Chiefs! Or maybe even we could use the money to build some bridges and get rid of all those dumb ass traffic lights on 71 highway so we all can get through the ghetto a little quicker.

In my oppinion as well as other blacks in the community let the Chiefs go, I rather loose my team that support a bunch of stingy bast#*#$ in Johnson, Cass, and Clay counties. I cant afford season tickets, single game tickets, or even a damn parking pass; If they leave I'll watch them on tv like I always have.

SLAG
12-30-2005, 04:35 PM
So let me get this straight

Your Not happy with the Chiefs?

:hmmm:

Noted

:cigar:

Mecca
12-30-2005, 04:36 PM
Of course what he doesn't point out is, the city makes money off the Chiefs. If they leave you don't think they'll find some way to get that money back...........

Chief Henry
12-30-2005, 04:37 PM
:deevee:

OK Whitlock...whats next

13and3
12-30-2005, 04:39 PM
Love the Chiefs, but hate being used.

Mr. Laz
12-30-2005, 04:42 PM
How in the hell can Johnson County Kansas City Chiefs fans justify not footing any of the bill for improvements to arrowhead stadium. I grew up in Kansas City Mo, Jackson County's largest tax base, and let me give all of you a little shocker, they are mostly poor people, and they are mostly black people.

As a black man, a Jackson County resident, and as a Chiefs fan I supporoted bi-state, even though it was a ill thought out plan. But the feeling of the black community now is that we will not support a bill that relieves 50% or more of the real Cheif's fan (according to King Carl these are all season ticket holders) responsibility to help keep this team here, in OUR METROPOLITAN AREA!!! There is no way that that this burden should fall on the shoulders of people already overburdened with crime, and poverty. Taxes need to be levied for the debacle of an education system we have here in the Kansas City school district, not on the damn Chiefs! Or maybe even we could use the money to build some bridges and get rid of all those dumb ass traffic lights on 71 highway so we all can get through the ghetto a little quicker.

In my oppinion as well as other blacks in the community let the Chiefs go, I rather loose my team that support a bunch of stingy bast#*#$ in Johnson, Cass, and Clay counties. I cant afford season tickets, single game tickets, or even a damn parking pass; If they leave I'll watch them on tv like I always have.

or it could be that people on the kansas side just fuggin hate missery and all their b!tching ....... and it has nothing to do with skin color.

wutamess
12-30-2005, 04:43 PM
Maybe you're being really closed minded. The Chiefs dump and bring BIG money to Jackson county so look at it as an investment.

I do not want to see the Chiefs go across the border for fear that the new location will become another Invescoe II. I myself am black and live in Raytown... I enjoy my season tickets and don't mind paying the extra money in order to keep the teams in Jackson county long term.

Don't fall for the excuses... There's always an excuse as to why Jackson county/Kansas City shouldn't spend money. Instead look at the positives. Maybe renovating the stadium will cause roads and highways to be fixed (and I'm quite sure that plan is already in the works anyhow). And as for your... spend on schools rant... That's complete & utter BS. If we vote the stadium down, DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK that we'll come up with a way to improve the schools and fund it?

Get out of that typical (*N*) mentality and think you're doing something for someone else without getting anything in return or you're looking for any excuse as to not invest into yourself or your city. Has it even occurred to you that more businesses/money will come into the community as a result?

Sorry to burst your bubble but I'm just sick and tired of all the fuccing excuses. That little tax hike isn't going to make you or break you so why not keep the Chiefs, "In the Hood"? If you're not going to invest in them... what else do you think the city will invest in?

Ask yourself... what HAVE THEY invested in and I think you'll come up with your answer.

13and3
12-30-2005, 04:44 PM
Sure KC makes pleny of money when people fly in and stay in hotels in O.P. we are too blessed. For the most part Jackson County in Johsnon County's sewer. Hmmm love that smell, is that creek, dad can we go swimming and fishing in that river on the plaza?

Mr. Laz
12-30-2005, 04:47 PM
For the most part Jackson County in Johsnon County's sewer.
ah, so you do know that it's not about race ... but about location.

Chief Henry
12-30-2005, 04:51 PM
Sure KC makes pleny of money when people fly in and stay in hotels in O.P. we are too blessed. For the most part Jackson County in Johsnon County's sewer. Hmmm love that smell, is that creek, dad can we swimming and fishing in that river on the plaza?

Could you please share your carp recipes.

FringeNC
12-30-2005, 04:52 PM
A vote against a tax increase is racism?

All this public funding of sports stadiums is nothing but a redistribution of wealth from non-sports-fans to sports fan. Non sports fans don't want to be taxed to pay for the entertainment of sports fans.

I guess any political outcome that minorities don't like is racism in your book.

13and3
12-30-2005, 04:53 PM
Maybe you're being really closed minded. The Chiefs dump and bring BIG money to Jackson county so look at it as an investment.

I do not want to see the Chiefs go across the border for fear that the new location will become another Invescoe II. I myself am black and live in Raytown... I enjoy my season tickets and don't mind paying the extra money in order to keep the teams in Jackson county long term.

Don't fall for the excuses... There's always an excuse as to why Jackson county/Kansas City shouldn't spend money. Instead look at the positives. Maybe renovating the stadium will cause roads and highways to be fixed (and I'm quite sure that plan is already in the works anyhow). And as for your... spend on schools rant... That's complete & utter BS. If we vote the stadium down, DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK that we'll come up with a way to improve the schools and fund it?

Get out of that typical (*N*) mentality and think you're doing something for someone else without getting anything in return or you're looking for any excuse as to not invest into yourself or your city. Has it even occurred to you that more businesses/money will come into the community as a result?

Sorry to burst your bubble but I'm just sick and tired of all the fuccing excuses. That little tax hike isn't going to make you or break you so why not keep the Chiefs, "In the Hood"? If you're not going to invest in them... what else do you think the city will invest in?

Ask yourself... what HAVE THEY invested in and I think you'll come up with your answer.

Your point is a good one, But those rubber necking, slow driving, fine house living, tax dodging, Johnson countians still dont deserve to get a free pass, put the boring as royals over there and we will keep the Chiefs.

Mr. Laz
12-30-2005, 04:57 PM
Your point is a good one, But those rubber necking, slow driving, fine house living, tax dodging, Johnson countians still dont deserve to get a free pass, put the boring as royals over there and we will keep the Chiefs.
I'll laugh my ass off if the chiefs move over by the race track.

just like the middle east and oil ........ remove the Chiefs/Royals and Jackson county becomes a meaningless dump.

Bearcat
12-30-2005, 04:57 PM
He brings up a great point... without all those lights, my drive to class would be cut by 10+ minutes.

Garcia Bronco
12-30-2005, 04:58 PM
I would also add that throwing money at the school system doesn't make it better.

morphius
12-30-2005, 05:00 PM
Well, considering that jackson county has spent all the money they made at the stadiums on everything but keeping the stadiums up to date, how do you expect any other county to give that Jackson County Sports Authority any money without representation?

morphius
12-30-2005, 05:01 PM
I would also add that throwing money at the school system doesn't make it better.
Very true, they tossed lots of money at the KCMO schools and they managed to screw that up.

13and3
12-30-2005, 05:02 PM

All this public funding of sports stadiums is nothing but a redistribution of wealth from non-sports-fans to sports fan. Non sports fans don't want to be taxed to pay for the entertainment of sports fans.

I guess any political outcome that minorities don't like is racism in your book.

I doubt that anyone has really given any thought to the demographics of the population in jackson county, but that doesnt change the facts, and actually goes to prove my case that the conditon of the black population that would support the tax is a non issue with the whites.

We can just write it off as happenstance i guess, blacks can just take the same ass rapping we allways have, forgive me for pointing out they forgot the vaseline again.

Garcia Bronco
12-30-2005, 05:03 PM
Very true, they tossed lots of money at the KCMO schools and they managed to screw that up.

In Richmond, Va, the school systems are better funded than surrounding counties..yet they yield poorer results. Why? First and foremost the blame resides with the students...followed by their parents.

13and3
12-30-2005, 05:06 PM
Here is a novel idea, lets throw some more money at some more jails, never a budget cut for that, you can never have to many jails.

morphius
12-30-2005, 05:07 PM
In Richmond, Va, the school systems are better funded than surrounding counties..yet they yield poorer results. Why? First and foremost the blame resides with the students...followed by their parents.
Well, and some depends on what the money is used for, I believe with the influx of money to KCMO they used it to build pools and the like. Which is nice and all, but doesn't really help kids learn much.

RedDread
12-30-2005, 05:07 PM
As a current resident of Jackson County I can agree with the sentiment that surrounding counties should pitch in with a lesser tax hike of some kind, but at the same time they also get none of the revenue that comes from having a stadium in your county. The complaint about education spending is a little misguided, simply because Jackson taxes the hell out of the Chiefs. Without that source of revenue gone there could definitely be a budget crunch or tax hikes just to keep things at the same level they are now. Also remember we have a bunch of hicks living to the east of the city that will be paying for this as well. I also disagree with the sentiment that this is a tax on black people. While they do comprise a larger percentage than in Johnson, they are hardly a majority.

Jackson, MO:
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/29/29095.html

Johnson, KS:
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/20/20091.html

Skip Towne
12-30-2005, 05:08 PM
Are th Jakson county residents being held prisoner?

Mr. Laz
12-30-2005, 05:10 PM
ROFL

13and3
Well, and some depends on what the money is used for, I believe with the influx of money to KCMO they used it to build pools and the like. Which is nice and all, but doesn't really help kids learn much.

Black kids arent hard to please, and we usually are pretty shallow, show us the one in a million kobe and vick, and give us a ball and we and our simple minded asses are pretty much happy

HC_Chief
How 'bout a slice of cheese to go with that whine?

morphius
12-30-2005, 05:11 PM
As a current resident of Jackson County I can agree with the sentiment that surrounding counties should pitch in with a lesser tax hike of some kind, but at the same time they also get none of the revenue that comes from having a stadium in your county. The complaint about education spending is a little misguided, simply because Jackson taxes the hell out of the Chiefs. Without that source of revenue gone there could definitely be a budget crunch or tax hikes just to keep things at the same level they are now. Also remember we have a bunch of hicks living to the east of the city that will be paying for this as well. I also disagree with the sentiment that this is a tax on black people. While they do comprise a larger percentage than in Johnson, they are hardly a majority.

Jackson, MO:
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/29/29095.html

Johnson, KS:
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/20/20091.html
I think if they had come up with something that was usable, that all counties had a say in, then maybe there could have been. But the latest plan they really didn't try from the sounds of it, I think its easier for them if they can do it without going outside the county because they will not have the oversite with people looking into how badly they screwed up before.

chiefsfaninNC
12-30-2005, 05:13 PM
How in the hell can Johnson County Kansas City Chiefs fans justify not footing any of the bill for improvements to arrowhead stadium.

North Carolina could use another team. I would love to see my Chiefs come out here! Since you are not happy with them we will take them.

morphius
12-30-2005, 05:14 PM
Black kids arent hard to please, and we usually are pretty shallow, show us the one in a million kobe and vick, and give us a ball and we and our simple minded asses are pretty much happy
I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic there or not, honestly. I hope you are, but I fret you are not.

SLAG
12-30-2005, 05:14 PM
I think if they had come up with something that was usable, that all counties had a say in, then maybe there could have been. But the latest plan they really didn't try from the sounds of it, I think its easier for them if they can do it without going outside the county because they will not have the oversite with people looking into how badly they screwed up before.

well why was the tax voted down...

the one that was to tax any performers in the state of MO.

It would tax Opposing teams as well as Rod Stewart when he came to sing his merry ol' songs. or Whitney for that matter it would tax all the Performers out of their pocket!

morphius
12-30-2005, 05:17 PM
well why was the tax voted down...

the one that was to tax any performers in the state of MO.

It would tax Opposing teams as well as Rod Stewart when he came to sing his merry ol' songs. or Whitney for that matter it would tax all the Performers out of their pocket!
I think you are confused. That tax is already there on the State level (MO), and it was the State government that wouldn't give that money back to the stadiums for improvements.

Morphius
Or I'm confused

13and3
12-30-2005, 05:18 PM
I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic there or not, honestly. I hope you are, but I fret you are not.

Sacrcastic and embarassingly truthful

stevieray
12-30-2005, 05:21 PM
Rep for being so honest.

:clap:

morphius
12-30-2005, 05:22 PM
Sacrcastic and embarassingly truthful
I would honestly would have liked them do something city wide to spread the load, but I don't think enough other counties trust the JKSA to give up the power needed to get the money. If the current bill fails they will try to go this route IMO.

Mr. Laz
12-30-2005, 05:23 PM
Rep for being so honest.

:clap:
rep for being so honest to whom?

Baconeater
12-30-2005, 05:23 PM
Damn, he's on to us. I guess it was only a matter of time before someone figured out that all white people do is sit around and figure out ways to hold the black man down.

13and3
12-30-2005, 05:24 PM
I'll laugh my ass off if the chiefs move over by the race track.

just like the middle east and oil ........ remove the Chiefs/Royals and Jackson county becomes a meaningless dump.
right now its just a dump, but becasue of the chiefs we have meaning.

Simplex3
12-30-2005, 05:27 PM
I doubt that anyone has really given any thought to the demographics of the population in jackson county, but that doesnt change the facts, and actually goes to prove my case that the conditon of the black population that would support the tax is a non issue with the whites.

We can just write it off as happenstance i guess, blacks can just take the same ass rapping we allways have, forgive me for pointing out they forgot the vaseline again.
ROFL

I assume you mean the "ass raping" where you get legally forced preferential treatement, reduced entrance requirements to colleges, put-asides for business loans, etc? Yeah, you're getting f**ked left and right.

Ever stop to think it may be your "I'm getting f**ked" attitude that is f**king you? Much like the Sprint commercial:

"So you're sticking it to yourself then?"

"Maybe."

Simplex3
12-30-2005, 05:28 PM
Here is a novel idea, lets throw some more money at some more jails, never a budget cut for that, you can never have to many jails.
Not as long as dumbasses keep doing s**t to get themselves put there.

Simplex3
12-30-2005, 05:29 PM
I always figured they were. Why the hell else would you live there?

RedDread
12-30-2005, 05:31 PM
ROFL

I assume you mean the "ass raping" where you get legally forced preferential treatement, reduced entrance requirements to colleges, put-asides for business loans, etc? Yeah, you're getting f**ked left and right.

Ever stop to think it may be your "I'm getting f**ked" attitude that is f**king you? Much like the Sprint commercial:

"So you're sticking it to yourself then?"

"Maybe."

Thanks Simplex! ROFL

RedDread
12-30-2005, 05:32 PM
I always figured they were. Why the hell else would you live there?

On behalf of Yuppie white people everywhere: "The Plaza"

stevieray
12-30-2005, 05:33 PM
rep for being so honest to whom?

honest about how he feels about the situation.

is that a problem? :shrug:

Simplex3
12-30-2005, 05:34 PM
On behalf of Yuppie white people everywhere: "The Plaza"
ROFL

...but isn't that pronounce the Plaaaaaaaaaaaaza?

Simplex3
12-30-2005, 05:40 PM
To address your original point seriously:

Jackson County and the state of MO turn a profit off of that stadium every single year. They then piss that money away on stupid s**t. Now, they want the rest of the surrounding counties to pour more money into the corrupt county govt.

Here's a new idea:

Johnson County annexes the sports complex. It effectively becomes a part of Johnson County. We'll pay for the upgrades, just us. We'll take on all the burden of running it. Hell, we'll even kick 15% of the profits for 10 years back out to Jackson County. I can assure you that Johnson County would do a better job.

That said, several economic studies have been done that show one thing clearly: The only people who make money from hugely expensive stadium renovations are the teams, not the city or the county or anyone else.

SNR
12-30-2005, 05:42 PM

is that a problem? :shrug:You're ugly.

Can I have some rep for my honesty? :p

Garcia Bronco
12-30-2005, 05:43 PM

How about we not build more jails...demand better results from our students..and put the money back where it belongs...in the hands of the taxpayers.

Garcia Bronco
12-30-2005, 05:45 PM

Sounds like what they did...spend money on athletics instead of better learning tools.

morphius
How about we not build more jails...demand better results from our students..and put the money back where it belongs...in the hands of the taxpayers.
But then what would all the lawyers do?

Simplex3
Dude, they let you keep enough of your own money already, you greedy bastard. Think of the stupid and lazy people who don't work hard like you do for once.

:shake:

SNR
12-30-2005, 05:46 PM
How about we not build more jails...demand better results from our students..and put the money back where it belongs...in the hands of the taxpayers.That's the problem. How do you make kids learn?

Simplex3
12-30-2005, 05:47 PM
That's the problem. How do you make kids learn?
Electrodes on their genitals would work.

Bwana
12-30-2005, 05:47 PM
But then what would all the lawyers do?

Or Jessie Jackson? :hmmm:

stevieray
12-30-2005, 05:49 PM
You're ugly.

Can I have some rep for my honesty? :p

and my mom dresses me funny.

Sorry
No
Rep

13and3
12-30-2005, 05:49 PM
ROFL

...but isn't that pronounce the Plaaaaaaaaaaaaza?

this is my first and last reply to simplex, the reason for all the special programs provided for black is the 400 years of slavery imposed on us by what i assume to be his, simplex's direct, ancestreal linange. If you for got when blacks were released from slavery we did not reicieve any back pay, for all those years worked to help whites in the north and the south get rich, and stay rich progressively down the generation even up to his very moment. Furthermore black didnt even gain full civil rights and access to a good education, and good jobs up until about 30 years ago, alot of people on both sides of the fence of civil rights for blacks, are still alive today ( baby boomers). How do you expect a race of people who have been utterly demolished for 100s of years to gain a decent foot hold in 20?

Most of us cant afford the education to get the job. While some of our counterparts graduate from highschools that look and function like college campuses to have mommy and dady put them up in a apt for 4 years all expeses paid, with car and food. We need to find ways to balance work and school our whole lives if most of us are to have any measure of success. You have no idea what it is to be black,talk on something you know, like hunting and killing dangerous deer.

Bwana
12-30-2005, 05:53 PM
talk on something you know, like hunting and killing dangerous deer.

Oh for God sake, are you some kind of anti hunting nut too?

stevieray
12-30-2005, 05:53 PM
[QUOTE=13and3]

Most of us cant afford the education to get the job. While some of our counterparts graduate from highschools that look and function like college campuses to have mommy and dady put them up in a apt for 4 years all expeses paid, with car and food. We need to find ways to balance work and school our whole lives if most of us are to have any measure of success. QUOTE]

This isn't relegated to just people of color.

Green is the color of diversity.

SNR
12-30-2005, 05:55 PM
this is my first and last reply to simplex, the reason for all the special programs provided for black is the 400 years of slavery imposed on us by what i assume to be his, simplex's direct, ancestreal linange. If you for got when blacks were released from slavery we did not reicieve any back pay, for all those years worked to help whites in the north and the south get rich, and stay rich progressively down the generation even up to his very moment. Furthermore black didnt even gain full civil rights and access to a good education, and good jobs up until about 30 years ago, alot of people on both sides of the fence of civil rights for blacks, are still alive today ( baby boomers). How do you expect a race of people who have been utterly demolished for 100s of years to gain a decent foot hold in 20?

Most of us cant afford the education to get the job. While some of our counterparts graduate from highschools that look and function like college campuses to have mommy and dady put them up in a apt for 4 years all expeses paid, with car and food. We need to find ways to balance work and school our whole lives if most of us are to have any measure of success. You have no idea what it is to be black,talk on something you know, like hunting and killing dangerous deer.Ever hear of immigration?

Before you assume someone's lineage, you should... oh wait, never assume things you don't have a clue about. Like someone else's life.

Skip Towne
12-30-2005, 05:55 PM
Or Jessie Jackson? :hmmm:
Jessie Jackson has a job?

chiefs4me
12-30-2005, 05:56 PM

:rolleyes:...

Garcia Bronco
12-30-2005, 05:57 PM
That's the problem. How do you make kids learn?

I don't have all the answers...all I can tell you that my kids will learn if it kills me. That is the decision you have to make when you have children. It's all about them. YHou have to be prepared to discipline them, and make sacrifaces. And I think that's the very heart of the matter in any poor/moderate community....too many kids having kids that don't know how to raise kids, nor the economic means. They're having unprotected sex with little regard for the consequences. To make matters worse...it's a never ending cycle...generation after genaration.

Bob Dole
12-30-2005, 05:58 PM
This isn't relegated to just people of color.

Green is the color of diversity.

Odd. Bob Dole thought it was the color of envy.

morphius
12-30-2005, 05:58 PM
Most of us cant afford the education to get the job. While some of our counterparts graduate from highschools that look and function like college campuses to have mommy and dady put them up in a apt for 4 years all expeses paid, with car and food. We need to find ways to balance work and school our whole lives if most of us are to have any measure of success. You have no idea what it is to be black,talk on something you know, like hunting and killing dangerous deer.

I have to call BS on the affording School thing. If people can live with their folks for a few years anyone can afford to go to a tech school or to a two year school. Heck I paid for a 4 year school myself with a job I got myself. Its all about being willing to do it, and give up some things.

Mr. Laz
12-30-2005, 06:00 PM

is that a problem? :shrug:
so lemme see if i can get this straight...

when someone gives a plethora of solid,substantial reasons for their dissatisfaction with the performance of the Chiefs front office you basically reply with "like or leave it, your opinion doesn't matter anyway"

but some joker starts spouting completely unsubstantiated, baffle-them-with-some-bulls##t tripe like this guy is doing and you start showing respect for honesty?

wow ... just wow

4th and Long
12-30-2005, 06:01 PM
http://www.gsp.org/SteveHatesCans.jpg

"I was born a poor black child." - Navin R. Johnson

chiefs4me
12-30-2005, 06:02 PM

hunting? killing deer?? that's Bwana, not Sim........ROFL

KcMizzou
12-30-2005, 06:02 PM
"I was born a poor black child." - Navin R. Johnson ROFL Classic. I love that movie.

"C'mere Shithead!"

Bwana
12-30-2005, 06:04 PM
hunting? killing deer?? that's Bwana, not Sim........ROFL

And I fly fish as well. Yeah, I am a total bastard!!

13and3
12-30-2005, 06:07 PM
Matt Dillon is the man, where can i get a pic of festus

Simplex3
12-30-2005, 06:08 PM
this is my first and last reply to simplex, the reason for all the special programs provided for black is the 400 years of slavery imposed on us by what i assume to be his, simplex's direct, ancestreal linange. If you for got when blacks were released from slavery we did not reicieve any back pay, for all those years worked to help whites in the north and the south get rich, and stay rich progressively down the generation even up to his very moment.
First, no one on either side of my family has ever owned a slave, though that certainly would have no bearing on ME. The fact that you believe it does proves just how stupid you are. Let's not bother to examine the fact that throughout history blacks have owned more black slaves than any other race. Let's also not forget that blacks have owned white slaves. Horrible crap happens all over the place and runs in all directions. Get over it. I have.

Furthermore black didnt even gain full civil rights and access to a good education, and good jobs up until about 30 years ago, alot of people on both sides of the fence of civil rights for blacks, are still alive today ( baby boomers). How do you expect a race of people who have been utterly demolished for 100s of years to gain a decent foot hold in 20?
So explain Condezleza Rice. Jesse Jackson. Colin Powell. Oprah Winfrey. There are thousands of blacks who got past this supposedly inpenetrable problem long before your 20 (or 30) year window.

There is a great myth that people get rich by having it handed to them. While that may be true for a few rich white liberals like the Kennedys and the Rockafellers, the great majority of those who acheive wealth are first generation, self made types. They busted their ass to get what they have and did it while carrying people like you through an enormous tax burden.

Most of us cant afford the education to get the job. While some of our counterparts graduate from highschools that look and function like college campuses to have mommy and dady put them up in a apt for 4 years all expeses paid, with car and food. We need to find ways to balance work and school our whole lives if most of us are to have any measure of success. You have no idea what it is to be blackHello - commatard on the loose. talk on something you know, like hunting and killing dangerous deer.
I've worked 20 hours a week or more since I was 13. Nobody has ever handed me s**t. I've earned everything I've ever had. Every car I've ever owned I paid for. Every apartment I've ever been in was paid for by me.

I got my post-high school education at a public library. Used that education to start my own computer consulting firm. Never cost me anything but time and effort. You've got the time, do you have the desire? Desire is the only thing keeping you back in this country. Well, that and spending all of your time whining about how someone else is keeping you from becoming successful while you sit around doing nothing to better yourself. Oh, and I've never been hunting in my life. I have helped to clean a couple of deer, however.

You want better education for your kids? The only way that is going to happen is if you get them to study. Nobody, especially the inept and clueless govt, can do that for you. I could put a lazy and unmotivated kid in a golden chair with $2M in computers, books, teachers, and everything else he could ever want and he's STILL going to wind up stupid. OR I could take on motivated kid, hand them nothitng, and they'll wind up smart by going to the school provided to him, spending time studying, and going to the library. Then, he could use one of the many, many, MANY taxpayer and private charity scholarships to go to college FOR FREE.

Kept down my ass. Maybe by yourself.

Bwana
12-30-2005, 06:08 PM
Matt Dillon is the man, where can i get a pic of festus

Garcia Bronco
12-30-2005, 06:09 PM

Most of us cant afford the education to get the job. While some of our counterparts graduate from highschools that look and function like college campuses to have mommy and dady put them up in a apt for 4 years all expeses paid, with car and food. We need to find ways to balance work and school our whole lives if most of us are to have any measure of success. You have no idea what it is to be black,talk on something you know, like hunting and killing dangerous deer.I don't know about all that it's hard for all types of people...I'm two generations away from dirt poverty. My Grandmother grew up in the great depression, wore a sack, had no toys as a child, and worked from the time she was 11 until she 70 years of age. She was first married to an alcoholic indian and had two children. My dear old mom was once institutionalized. She married my dad after an unplanned pregnancy...her second...her first was lost in a car accident. By 1980 my parents had split after I burned down the house between christmas and new year. My mother stayed single and did not date until I was 17. During my freshman year of college, the man she started dating when I was 17 was shot and killed at the check out line at a food lion. I stand before you an honest taxpaying citizen. I paid for my own college, put myself through private school, and worked the whole time.

These types of things happen to people of all walks of life. Everyone is faced with struggle and adversity. Not just one particular group.

13and3
12-30-2005, 06:11 PM
First, no one on either side of my family has ever owned a slave, though that certainly would have no bearing on ME. The fact that you believe it does proves just how stupid you are. Let's not bother to examine the fact that throughout history blacks have owned more black slaves than any other race. Let's also not forget that blacks have owned white slaves. Horrible crap happens all over the place and runs in all directions. Get over it. I have.

So explain Condezleza Rice. Jesse Jackson. Colin Powell. Oprah Winfrey. There are thousands of blacks who got past this supposedly inpenetrable problem long before your 20 (or 30) year window.

There is a great myth that people get rich by having it handed to them. While that may be true for a few rich white liberals like the Kennedys and the Rockafellers, the great majority of those who acheive wealth are first generation, self made types. They busted their ass to get what they have and did it while carrying people like you through an enormous tax burden.

I've worked 20 hours a week or more since I was 13. Nobody has ever handed me s**t. I've earned everything I've ever had. Every car I've ever owned I paid for. Every apartment I've ever been in was paid for by me.

I got my post-high school education at a public library. Used that education to start my own computer consulting firm. Never cost me anything but time and effort. You've got the time, do you have the desire? Desire is the only thing keeping you back in this country. Well, that and spending all of your time whining about how someone else is keeping you from becoming successful while you sit around doing nothing to better yourself. Oh, and I've never been hunting in my life. I have helped to clean a couple of deer, however.

You want better education for your kids? The only way that is going to happen is if you get them to study. Nobody, especially the inept and clueless govt, can do that for you. I could put a lazy and unmotivated kid in a golden chair with $2M in computers, books, teachers, and everything else he could ever want and he's STILL going to wind up stupid. OR I could take on motivated kid, hand them nothitng, and they'll wind up smart by going to the school provided to him, spending time studying, and going to the library. Then, he could use one of the many, many, MANY taxpayer and private charity scholarships to go to college FOR FREE.

Kept down my ass. Maybe by yourself.

stevieray
12-30-2005, 06:13 PM
so lemme see if i can't get this straight...

when someone gives a plethora of solid,substantial reasons for their dissatisfaction with the performance of the Chiefs front office you basically reply with "like or leave it, your opinion doesn't matter anyway"

but some joker starts spouting completely unsubstantiated, baffle-them-with-some-bullshit tripe like this guy is doing and you start showing respect for honesty?

wow ... just wow
apples and oranges. I'm surprised you can't see the difference.

chiefs4me
12-30-2005, 06:13 PM

:D

4th and Long
12-30-2005, 06:14 PM
apples and oranges. I'm surprised you can't see the difference.
Are you really surprised? Be honest. No sugar coating allowed here. :D

13and3
12-30-2005, 06:15 PM
Damn the superstars i wire houses for a living i know who the everyday rich are, where they live, how they live and how most of them got there. Accoridng to your logic most blacks are lazy and dumb thats why most of us live in the ghetto and not in O.P. We just dont want any better for ourselves its in our genes.

Mr. Laz
12-30-2005, 06:15 PM
Are you really surprised? Be honest. No sugar coating allowed here. :D

hey ... no shots from the cheapseats :cuss:

:p

stumppy
12-30-2005, 06:17 PM
this is my first and last reply to simplex, the reason for all the special programs provided for black is the 400 years of slavery imposed on us by what i assume to be his, simplex's direct, ancestreal linange. If you for got when blacks were released from slavery we did not reicieve any back pay, for all those years worked to help whites in the north and the south get rich, and stay rich progressively down the generation even up to his very moment.

:spock:
Back pay? Just wondering, how much time did you put in helping whites get rich.
You know, if you're getting all these benefits because what happened to your ancestors then I should be entitled to the benefits my ancestors recieved because of skin color. I want to be rich!!! And I want to stay rich dammit!!! Where's my slice of the pie ???????:cuss:

Do you honestly believe "the reason for all the special programs is 400 yrs of slavery" ?

4th and Long
12-30-2005, 06:18 PM
hey ... no shots from the cheapseats :cuss:

http://www.bobuecker.com/Ueck.jpg

HEY! I MUST BE IN THE FRONT ROW!

Phobia
12-30-2005, 06:18 PM
How do you expect a race of people who have been utterly demolished for 100s of years to gain a decent foot hold in 20?

I think that they should all keep playing the pathetic victim card. That should get you somewhere. If YOU personally are entitled to one cent of slavery back pay, I'll pay it with 1000% interest out of my pocket.

4th and Long
12-30-2005, 06:19 PM
I think that they should all keep playing the pathetic victim card. That should get you somewhere. If YOU personally are entitled to one cent of slavery back pay, I'll pay it with 1000% interest out of my pocket.
Who was that masked man?

13and3
12-30-2005, 06:19 PM
Damn the superstars i wire houses for a living i know who the everyday rich are, where they live, how they live and how most of them got there. Accoridng to your logic most blacks are lazy and dumb thats why most of us live in the ghetto and not in O.P. We just dont want any better for ourselves its in our genes.

Can someone explain to me the logic why so many black are incarcerated and poor, if its is not race, why do blacks make up 50 percent pf us prison poulation whlist only 16 percent of us population. Are we just lazy excuse givers? Why is does O.P. not have a 16% black population and innercity kcmo Have 48% white population.

Phobia
12-30-2005, 06:20 PM

So, who owns the company you work for? It had damn well better not be a white dude or you're entitled to some back pay.

SNR
Damn the superstars i wire houses for a living i know who the everyday rich are, where they live, how they live and how most of them got there. Accoridng to your logic most blacks are lazy and dumb thats why most of us live in the ghetto and not in O.P. We just dont want any better for ourselves its in our genes.I thought your genes came from a people who stuck together as a family, worked their asses off, and left nothing for themselves only so they could survive as a tribe.

Garcia Bronco

There are lazy every type of people. I think you need to stop conveting what your clients have. I work for an Insurance firm and I see financial statements and there are some stinky rich people out there. But you can't expect to find happiness in this world if your constantly compare yourself to others. There is nothing wrong with striving to be better, but it doesn't come easy or for free.. We have to work for it. The few that get lucky in life are just that..lucky.

Valiant
Hey now punk.. Clay voted yes on the last tax increase for the stadium... Jackson also gets first dibs on tickets to games...

Simplex3
12-30-2005, 06:21 PM
It has nothing to do with genetics. It typically does have to do with being raised in an environment where they're told not to bother because the man will keep them down anyway.

There is one thing funny about the whole scenario. The people spouting off the most about how the man keeps blacks down are sports stars, race pimps, and celebrities who have all escaped the very thing they are claiming is unescapable.

SNR
So, who owns the company you work for? It had damn well better not be a white dude or you're entitled to some back pay.WTF IS GOING ON?

SLAG

Im not sure how this thred turned to Reperations

But nlm Reperations

if you have money problems

as chris rock said ...."GET A JOB.... I GOT 2 YOU CANT GET ONE?"

Then be wise with you money and STFU

Phobia
Can someone explain to me the logic why so many black are incarcerated and poor, if its is not race, why do blacks make up 50 percent pf us prison poulation whlist only 16 percent of us population. Are we just lazy excuse givers?

It's because white cops only catch black criminals.

Bwana
12-30-2005, 06:22 PM
Can someone explain to me the logic why so many black are incarcerated and poor, if its is not race, why do blacks make up 50 percent pf us prison poulation whlist only 16 percent of us population. Are we just lazy excuse givers?

Look in the mirror and you tell me. You seem to be doing well and are not living in a jail cell.

Skip Towne
12-30-2005, 06:23 PM
Where is the guy that paid for and earned my degree? Oh, wait, I did it myself. But you have to WANT TO.

Simplex3
12-30-2005, 06:24 PM
Ooooh! Oooh! I know! I know!

Blacks have a greater tendency to commit crimes?

How about the rest of us being pissed at the percentage of blacks committing crimes? A small percentage of the population is costing the rest of us a ton because they can't keep to themselves.

morphius
That really doesn't define or explain the other 99% of the other white people.

SLAG
Where is the guy that paid for and earned my degree?

can he get me one too

Skip Towne
12-30-2005, 06:26 PM
It's because white cops only catch black criminals.
How can that be? Everybody knows blacks are faster than whites.

13and3
Ooooh! Oooh! I know! I know!

Blacks have a greater tendency to commit crimes?

How about the rest of us being pissed at the percentage of blacks committing crimes? A small percentage of the population is costing the rest of us a ton because they can't keep to themselves.

Can someone explain to me the logic why so many black are incarcerated and poor, if its is not race, why do blacks make up 50 percent pf us prison poulation whlist only 16 percent of us population. Are we just lazy excuse givers? Why is does O.P. not have a 16% black population and innercity kcmo Have 48% white population.

Lonewolf Ed

If an appropriate amount of the tax revenue for Arrowhead goes back to the counties of all the people paying taxes on it, then I am one Johnson County resident who says, "Let's do it."

stumppy
12-30-2005, 06:27 PM
Where is the guy that paid for and earned my degree? Oh, wait, I did it myself. But you have to WANT TO.

Don't muddle this thread up with examples of how it's done. You let the secret out again and you'll probably be kicked out of the Kla......uh, I mean club.

Simplex3
12-30-2005, 06:29 PM
Why does Chinatown have a 90% Asian population? Why do so many Hispanics live in Houston? Who the f**k knows?

I can tell you that Overland Park lifted their ban on new black families for the remainder of this year, though. You've still got a day to get moved in before the quota goes back into effect.

Mr. Laz
ROFL

siberian khatru
Looks like I missed a fun thread while watching the MU game.

morphius
12-30-2005, 06:30 PM
I have to say it is funny that someone tossing out a racial whine has a picture of someone who succeeded in escaping the issue as his avatar.

4th and Long
12-30-2005, 06:30 PM
Come on guys. Everyone knows blacks can't get ahead in this world. "The Man" keeps them down. They will never hold any jobs of authority or that really mean anything.

http://www.martinoticias.com/media/graphics/condoleezaRice_041116.jpg

http://www.phillyburbs.com/BHM/images/colon.jpg

http://www.historyplace.com/specials/calendar/docs-pix/clarence-thomas.jpg

http://www.greensboro.com/sitins/images/thurgood_marshall_1989.jpg

http://quest.arc.nasa.gov/space/frontiers/images/jemison.jpg

stumppy
12-30-2005, 06:31 PM

ROFL

Oh no you didn't.

Skip Towne
12-30-2005, 06:31 PM
can he get me one too
I'd be glad to kick your ass every time you tried to quit pursuing your degree.

13and3
12-30-2005, 06:34 PM
Don't muddle this thread up with examples of how it's done. You let the secret out again and you'll probably be kicked out of the Kla......uh, I mean club.
Im done, is evident that most blacks dont own a computer or dont like the chiefs, am i the only person of color here speak up for us the rest of you spinless...I digress...blacks are digenerates and felons...whites are hardworking and honest, and middle easterners are bomb hidding terrorist. lets get our stereo types in the open, that way no one can hide thier true nature.

SLAG
12-30-2005, 06:35 PM
I'd be glad to kick your ass every time you tried to quit pursuing your degree.

Im still going One Class at a time....

its the only way i can

I am a NON-African american young man (21) who is married and has 2 kids but i dont Complain and im not complacent, I know that God Only rewards those who work hard, love hard, play hard and pray hard.

No one can accomplish anything really big by themselfs, everyone gets help from friends and family but a Personal Determination to succeed and a good additude can take you far in life

stumppy
12-30-2005, 06:36 PM
Im done, is evident that most blacks dont own a computer or dont like the chiefs, am i the only person of color here speak up for us the rest of you spinless...I digress...blacks are digenerates and felons...whites are hardworking and honest, and middle easterners are bomb hidding terrorist. lets get our stereo types in the open, that way no one can hide thier true nature.

You at least need to install a sarcasm meter on your computer.

stevieray
12-30-2005, 06:37 PM
Im still going One Class at a time....

its the only way i can

I am a NON-African american young man (21) who is married and has 2 kids but i dont Complain and im not complacent, I know that God Only rewards those who work hard, love hard, play hard and pray hard.

No one can accomplish anything really big by themselfs, everyone gets help from friends and family but a Personal Determination to succeed and a good additude can take you far in life

He's lying!

Skip Towne
12-30-2005, 06:37 PM
I've got NO sympathy for you. I put myself through college with NO help. My dad put himself through medical school with NO help. I guess we could have stood around and whined that nobody would GIVE it to us.

Simplex3
12-30-2005, 06:38 PM
How about this for starters:

People like you telling young blacks that people who do have things got them for free. That young blacks shouldn't even bother trying to earn anything because someone is going to keep them down anyway.

It's easy to decide to steal something from someone who didn't earn it anyway. Heck, even easier when you consider the fact that that person is keeping you down. Hell, the fact that they owe you for some past attrocity makes it almost criminal to NOT steal from them.

13and3
Come on guys. Everyone knows blacks can't get ahead in this world. "The Man" keeps them down. They will never hold any jobs of authority or that really mean anything.

http://www.martinoticias.com/media/graphics/condoleezaRice_041116.jpg

http://www.phillyburbs.com/BHM/images/colon.jpg

http://www.historyplace.com/specials/calendar/docs-pix/clarence-thomas.jpg

http://www.greensboro.com/sitins/images/thurgood_marshall_1989.jpg

http://quest.arc.nasa.gov/space/frontiers/images/jemison.jpg
at least 3 out of those five are not black, or forgot that they were, blacks are not republican sorry. try again

Bob Dole

It's been a few years since Bob Dole read any of it, but you're saying that Sowell, Chiswick and others just made stuff up for their studies that compare the economic situation of immigrant blacks to that of U.S. born blacks?

Valiant

I would question why you are looking for others to give you answers to your future..

As for the incarcerated, it might be because a good majority did not finish school that are in jail or did not have role models, be it a father or a respectiful idol... Not having family support is a big problem for all classes...

I could also throw in gangs, dealing, peer-pressure, drugs and idolizing filth of gansta rappers to killers as a downfall to most black youth also... IMO it is a mindset that you especially from the way you are reacting on this thread need to change around you from the ground up... If you act like that is impossible to achieve then you are probably right... Noone can help you more then yourself...

SNR
12-30-2005, 06:39 PM
Im done, is evident that most blacks dont own a computer or dont like the chiefs, am i the only person of color here speak up for us the rest of you spinless...I digress...blacks are digenerates and felons...whites are hardworking and honest, and middle easterners are bomb hidding terrorist. lets get our stereo types in the open, that way no one can hide thier true nature.ROFFLE KKOOL L4T3RZKTHXBAI!

siberian khatru
12-30-2005, 06:40 PM
at least 3 out of those five are not black, or forgot that they were, blacks are not republican sorry. try again

Dammit, you beat me to the cliche box!

SNR
12-30-2005, 06:41 PM
at least 3 out of those five are not black, or forgot that they were, blacks are not republican sorry. try againThen wtf are they? I didn't know one's political views could dictate one's skin color

SLAG
12-30-2005, 06:42 PM

Listen Man, Im not black but I am a Person of Some Ethicnic Heratiages other than the Anglo-Saxons and Germans.

The average Human faces the Nature vs. Nurture Question in almost everything that they are.

Its either Nature made them that way or they Were Nurtured to act a certan way.

The History of the United states shows us that we have had some racial issues in the past. and Alot of the people around now are just now starting to raise their kids to not look at race. (remember the South park when they wanted to change the Flag) Its our kids that we must teach to respect everyone as humans and not feed the stereotypes that have plauged Humanity forever.

I feel a big part could be helped if Blacks did not use the N word with eachother even as a greeting or in rap songs. That word is the most horible name to call someone i can think of. Its just a Plain sign of Disrespect.

Please dont Generalize the races as you did in your above quoted post.

Im out

stevieray

how do you move forward when you demean those who do?

Simplex3
ROFL

And *I'm* the racist? ROFL

Mr. Kotter

As a black man, a Jackson County resident, and as a Chiefs fan I supporoted bi-state, even though it was a ill thought out plan. But the feeling of the black community now is that we will not support a bill that relieves 50% or more of the real Cheif's fan (according to King Carl these are all season ticket holders) responsibility to help keep this team here, in OUR METROPOLITAN AREA!!! There is no way that that this burden should fall on the shoulders of people already overburdened with crime, and poverty. Taxes need to be levied for the debacle of an education system we have here in the Kansas City school district, not on the damn Chiefs! Or maybe even we could use the money to build some bridges and get rid of all those dumb ass traffic lights on 71 highway so we all can get through the ghetto a little quicker.

I'm sure it's been said, but Johnson county residents already give more than their share to subsidize Jackson county.

It's attitudes like this that will make it justified, if and when, the Chiefs do move to Johnson county. It will be their loss. Period.

Skip Towne
12-30-2005, 06:44 PM
Maybe more of you should forget you are black. You are trying to convince me that success can't be earned. Myself and many many others prove your theory to be wrong. But you have to WANT TO and WORK FOR IT.

chiefsfaninNC
12-30-2005, 06:45 PM
ROFL

Yes. You and Bill Cosby.

13and3
12-30-2005, 06:47 PM
Then wtf are they? I didn't know one's political views could dictate one's skin color

What or who is micheal jackson, you tell me, but all the black people are democrat, i heard they did a study and found we were predisposed to the democratic party, like we are to sicle cell, barbque, and the bee gees.

Simplex3
12-30-2005, 06:47 PM
So Mr. History Major, what percentage of Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964?

Here's a hint:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Printable.asp?ID=5436

Republicans were MORE likely to vote in favor of the act than Democrats were. Your best friends indeed.

siberian khatru
12-30-2005, 06:48 PM
What or who is micheal jackson, you tell me, but all the black people are democrat, i heard they did a study and found we were predisposed to the democratic party, like we are to sicle cell, barbque, and the bee gees.

Haha, OK, Phobia, the joke's over.

chiefsfaninNC
12-30-2005, 06:49 PM

You should read history.

Simplex3
12-30-2005, 06:50 PM
You should read history.
He can't afford to. The free public library costs too much.

13and3
ROFL

king is black, jesse jackson is black, al sharpton is black, oprah is black, hillary and bill are blac

4th and Long
Fine. We'll leave politics out of this.

SCIENCE: Benjamin Banneker (mathematician, astronomer, publisher of almanacs, inventor of first clock in the United States, member of commission which laid plan of Washington, DC); Edward Bouchet (first Black to receive a Ph.D. degree [physics] from an American university [Yale, 1876]); George Washington Carver (agricultural scientist, botanist); Ernest E. Just (cell physiologist); Charles R. Drew (physician, "father" of blood plasma and blood banks); Percy L. Julian (soybean chemist); Theodore K. Lawless (dermatologist); Daniel Hale Williams (physician, surgeon, performed the first successful heart operation); Leon Roddy (international authority on spiders).

ENTERTAINMENT: Sidney Poitier (first Black to win an Academy Award for best actor); Hattie McDaniel (first Black to win an Oscar); Bill Cosby (first Black to star in a regular television series, I Spy); Bill Robinson (dancer); Oprah Winfrey (actress/talk show moderator); Whoopie Goldberg (actress/comedienne); Leslie Uggams (actress); Eddie Murphy (actor/comedian); Arsenio Hall (talk show host); Montel Williams (talk show host); Denzel Washington (actor); "Spike" Lee (producer/director); Sammy Davis, Jr. (actor/dancer/singer); Gregory Hines (actor/dancer); Morgan Freeman (actor); Ossie Davis (actor, playwright); Ruby Dee (actress/pianist, first Black actress in major role at the American Shakespeare Festival); Carole Gist (first Black Miss USA--1990); Kenya Moore (Miss USA- 1993); Ed Bradley (first and only Black co-anchor of the popular television news magazine 60 Minutes); Bryant Gumbel (co-host of The Today Show); Richard Pryor (comedian); Bernard Shaw (co-anchor Cable News Network [CNN]).

COMPOSERS: W. C. Handy (blues); Scott Joplin, Tom Turpin (ragtime); Harry Lawrence Freeman (the first Black to write and produce an opera); Florence B. Price (first Black woman to win recognition as a composer).

MUSICIANS: Joseph Douglass (violin, grandson of Frederick Douglass); Louis Armstrong (jazz, trumpet); William "Count" Basie (piano); Charlie Parker (jazz, alto saxophone/clarinet); Lionel Hampton (vibraphones); Edward Kennedy "Duke" Ellington (band leader, piano); Thelonius Monk (jazz, piano); Fats Waller (jazz, piano/organ); Miles Davis (jazz, trumpet); Dizzy Gillespie (trumpet).

VOCALISTS: Leontyne Price (first Black international diva who paved the way for classical artists Kathleen Battle and Jessye Norman); Marian Anderson (major concert figure/pioneer classical artist and first Black singer signed by the Metropolitan Opera House); Paul Robeson, Adele Addison, Martina Arroyo (concert artists); Mahalia Jackson (gospel); Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday (jazz); Charlie Pride (country); Harry Belafonte (calypso); Nat King Cole, Lena Horne (popular music in the 40's and 50's); Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson (contemporary music); Diana Ross (singer/ entertainer); Whitney Houston (singer/ entertainer); Lionel Ritchie (singer/song writer); Aretha Franklin (singer/ entertainer); M.C. Hammer (RAP musician).

WRITERS: James A. Baldwin (Go Tell It On The Mountain); Alex Haley (Roots); Langston Hughes (Not Without Laughter); Zora Neale Hurston (autobiography, Dust Tracks on the Road); Richard Wright (Native Son); Chester Himes (short story writer, essayist, novelist); Alice Walker (novelist/poet who won the Pulitzer Prize for literature in 1983 for the book The Color Purple); Carl Rowan (syndicated columnist); Lorraine Hansberry (first Black woman to write a Broadway play: "A Raisin in the Sun"); Toni Morrison (novelist and Princeton professor who won the Pulitzer Prize for the historical novel Beloved in 1988); Ralph Ellison (influential Black writer and author of The Invisible Man, 1952).

POETS: Phillis Wheatley (early American poet); Nikki Giovanni ("Princess of Black Poetry"); Ntozake Shange (chorepoem author/playwright, For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When The Rainbow's Not Enuf); Gwendolyn Brooks (first Black woman Pulitzer Prize winner for poetry); Maya Angelou (Black poet famous for her autobiography, I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings); Margaret Walker Alexander (poet/novelist known for influential poem: "For My People").

SPORTS: Alice Coachman (first Black woman to win an Olympic gold medal for the high jump in 1948); Wilma Rudolph (first woman to win three gold medals in a single Olympiad in the 100/200 meter dash and 400 meter relay in 1960); Florence Griffith-Joyner (runner and Olympic Gold Medalist 1988); Jackie Joyner-Kersee (runner and Olympic Gold Medalist 1992); O. J. Simpson, Rosey Grier, "Mean" Joe Greene, Bill Willis, Gale Sayers, Marion Motley, James Brown (football); Walter Payton (NFL Hall of Famer and all time career leader in rushing yards and touchdowns); Althea Gibson (first Black female to win U. S. Tennis Association championship [1957] and the Wimbledon Women's Singles Title [1957]; Arthur Ashe (first Black man to win Men's Singles Title at Wimbledon, only Black man to be laid in state in the Virginia State Capitol after his death from AIDS in 1993); Tiger Woods and Lee Elder (golf); Pele (soccer); George Foreman, Joe Louis, Floyd Patterson, Mike Tyson; Evander Holyfield; Muhammed Ali (boxing); Charles Dumas (the first athlete to high jump over seven feet); Jesse Owens (Olympic track star, four gold medals, 1936); Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell, Julius "Dr J" Erving, Earvin "Magic" Johnson, Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal (basketball); David Robinson (U. S. Naval Academy graduate and professional basketball star).

BASEBALL: John Roosevelt "Jackie" Robinson (first Black major league baseball player, first Black player elected to Baseball Hall of Fame); Roy Campanella (Baseball Hall of Fame); Henry "Hank" Aaron (broke Babe Ruth's home run record, 1974; holds 18 major league records); Willie Mays (Baseball Hall of Fame, hit 660 home runs in his 22-year career); Raymond "Hooks" Dandridge, Josh Gibson (elected to Baseball Hall of Fame from the Negro League); Frank Robinson (first Black manager of a major league team); "Bo" Jackson and Deion Sanders (first two Black athletes to demonstrate excellence in two competitive sports--football and baseball).

BUSINESS: Booker T. Washington (educator, slave-born founder of Tuskegee Institute and the National Negro Business League); Samuel Fraunces (successful tavern owner, New York City, 1770's); Paul Cuffe (shipper/ merchant, New England, 1790-1810); James Wormley (hotel proprietor, Washington, DC, 1800's); George E. Johnson (Ultra-Sheen Hair Products, first Black-owned corpora- tion listed on a national stock exchange); Leroy Callender (consulting engineer); John Sengstacke (newspaper publisher); Henry G. Parks, Jr. (founded sausage company); A. G. Gaston (Birmingham businessman); H. C. Haynes (barber/inventor of the razor strop, 1899); Wally Amos (talent agent and president of the Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookie Company); John Harold Johnson (editor/ publisher, Ebony, Jet, Negro Digest)

INVENTORS: Garrett Augustus Morgan (gas mask, safety hood, automatic traffic light, first human hair straightener); Granville T. Woods (more than 60 patents, many of which were used by railroads, including a device which powered trains by electricity rather than steam); Elijah McCoy (self-lubricating machine, "The Real McCoy").

Not to mention hundreds of Celebrities ...

chiefsfaninNC
12-30-2005, 06:51 PM
He can't afford to. The free public library costs too much.

They allow blacks in the libraries now?

Simplex3
12-30-2005, 06:52 PM
king is black, jesse jackson is black, al sharpton is black, oprah is black, hillary and bill are black.
Now I know you're some full of s**t idiot who's just out to start an argument.

Skip Towne
12-30-2005, 06:55 PM
Hey Kotter, how did you get out of that ghetto you were raised in? Did somebody come and take you away and put you in college?

Valiant
12-30-2005, 06:56 PM

So now you are hating on other blacks???

Lets see here... Abe was a Republican, Abe freed the slaves even though it was just to rally the North to support the war... The 40acres and a mule was never finalized and vetoed...

Do you hate McNabb???

SLAG
12-30-2005, 06:57 PM
He's lying!

Nope! :p

stevieray
12-30-2005, 06:58 PM
Ultra Sheen!

I'm not only ugly. I'm old, too.

Valiant
12-30-2005, 07:00 PM
When did phobia get back??? I thought he left until he got morepaint on track???

WilliamTheIrish
12-30-2005, 07:00 PM
Taxes need to be levied for the debacle of an education system we have here in the Kansas City school district,

I only got this far.

Let me just say that I work in Jackson Co, Mo. and pay an earnings tax that supports that corrupt school district.

It has takein billions of dollars and the return it has given has been new magnet schools with lower mean test scores thatn just about any other school district in the nation.

I wouldn't give that school board anything but a swift kick in the junk.

Carry on.

Simplex3
12-30-2005, 07:04 PM
I'd pay in to see that.

SLAG
12-30-2005, 07:07 PM
I'd pay in to see that.
They would probably tax it

Simplex3
12-30-2005, 07:08 PM
That's Ok. I'd pay that, too.

13and3
12-30-2005, 07:09 PM

Already have.

13and3
12-30-2005, 07:10 PM
When did phobia get back??? I thought he left until he got morepaint on track???
Who is phobia, i am not he, sound like a neat fellow though

Skip Towne
I only got this far.

Let me just say that I work in Jackson Co, Mo. and pay an earnings tax that supports that corrupt school district.

It has takein billions of dollars and the return it has given has been new magnet schools with lower mean test scores thatn just about any other school district in the nation.

Carry on.
I'll bet you don't live there, whitey.

Simplex3
Already have.
You vote Demoncrat and then complain about taxes? ROFL

13and3
12-30-2005, 07:12 PM
You vote Demoncrat and then complain about taxes? ROFL
yes we need more, should be a toll tax every time you sh@#

13and3
12-30-2005, 07:16 PM
Fine. We'll leave politics out of this.

SCIENCE: Benjamin Banneker (mathematician, astronomer, publisher of almanacs, inventor of first clock in the United States, member of commission which laid plan of Washington, DC); Edward Bouchet (first Black to receive a Ph.D. degree [physics] from an American university [Yale, 1876]); George Washington Carver (agricultural scientist, botanist); Ernest E. Just (cell physiologist); Charles R. Drew (physician, "father" of blood plasma and blood banks); Percy L. Julian (soybean chemist); Theodore K. Lawless (dermatologist); Daniel Hale Williams (physician, surgeon, performed the first successful heart operation); Leon Roddy (international authority on spiders).

ENTERTAINMENT: Sidney Poitier (first Black to win an Academy Award for best actor); Hattie McDaniel (first Black to win an Oscar); Bill Cosby (first Black to star in a regular television series, I Spy); Bill Robinson (dancer); Oprah Winfrey (actress/talk show moderator); Whoopie Goldberg (actress/comedienne); Leslie Uggams (actress); Eddie Murphy (actor/comedian); Arsenio Hall (talk show host); Montel Williams (talk show host); Denzel Washington (actor); "Spike" Lee (producer/director); Sammy Davis, Jr. (actor/dancer/singer); Gregory Hines (actor/dancer); Morgan Freeman (actor); Ossie Davis (actor, playwright); Ruby Dee (actress/pianist, first Black actress in major role at the American Shakespeare Festival); Carole Gist (first Black Miss USA--1990); Kenya Moore (Miss USA- 1993); Ed Bradley (first and only Black co-anchor of the popular television news magazine 60 Minutes); Bryant Gumbel (co-host of The Today Show); Richard Pryor (comedian); Bernard Shaw (co-anchor Cable News Network [CNN]).

COMPOSERS: W. C. Handy (blues); Scott Joplin, Tom Turpin (ragtime); Harry Lawrence Freeman (the first Black to write and produce an opera); Florence B. Price (first Black woman to win recognition as a composer).

MUSICIANS: Joseph Douglass (violin, grandson of Frederick Douglass); Louis Armstrong (jazz, trumpet); William "Count" Basie (piano); Charlie Parker (jazz, alto saxophone/clarinet); Lionel Hampton (vibraphones); Edward Kennedy "Duke" Ellington (band leader, piano); Thelonius Monk (jazz, piano); Fats Waller (jazz, piano/organ); Miles Davis (jazz, trumpet); Dizzy Gillespie (trumpet).

VOCALISTS: Leontyne Price (first Black international diva who paved the way for classical artists Kathleen Battle and Jessye Norman); Marian Anderson (major concert figure/pioneer classical artist and first Black singer signed by the Metropolitan Opera House); Paul Robeson, Adele Addison, Martina Arroyo (concert artists); Mahalia Jackson (gospel); Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday (jazz); Charlie Pride (country); Harry Belafonte (calypso); Nat King Cole, Lena Horne (popular music in the 40's and 50's); Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson (contemporary music); Diana Ross (singer/ entertainer); Whitney Houston (singer/ entertainer); Lionel Ritchie (singer/song writer); Aretha Franklin (singer/ entertainer); M.C. Hammer (RAP musician).

WRITERS: James A. Baldwin (Go Tell It On The Mountain); Alex Haley (Roots); Langston Hughes (Not Without Laughter); Zora Neale Hurston (autobiography, Dust Tracks on the Road); Richard Wright (Native Son); Chester Himes (short story writer, essayist, novelist); Alice Walker (novelist/poet who won the Pulitzer Prize for literature in 1983 for the book The Color Purple); Carl Rowan (syndicated columnist); Lorraine Hansberry (first Black woman to write a Broadway play: "A Raisin in the Sun"); Toni Morrison (novelist and Princeton professor who won the Pulitzer Prize for the historical novel Beloved in 1988); Ralph Ellison (influential Black writer and author of The Invisible Man, 1952).

POETS: Phillis Wheatley (early American poet); Nikki Giovanni ("Princess of Black Poetry"); Ntozake Shange (chorepoem author/playwright, For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When The Rainbow's Not Enuf); Gwendolyn Brooks (first Black woman Pulitzer Prize winner for poetry); Maya Angelou (Black poet famous for her autobiography, I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings); Margaret Walker Alexander (poet/novelist known for influential poem: "For My People").

SPORTS: Alice Coachman (first Black woman to win an Olympic gold medal for the high jump in 1948); Wilma Rudolph (first woman to win three gold medals in a single Olympiad in the 100/200 meter dash and 400 meter relay in 1960); Florence Griffith-Joyner (runner and Olympic Gold Medalist 1988); Jackie Joyner-Kersee (runner and Olympic Gold Medalist 1992); O. J. Simpson, Rosey Grier, "Mean" Joe Greene, Bill Willis, Gale Sayers, Marion Motley, James Brown (football); Walter Payton (NFL Hall of Famer and all time career leader in rushing yards and touchdowns); Althea Gibson (first Black female to win U. S. Tennis Association championship [1957] and the Wimbledon Women's Singles Title [1957]; Arthur Ashe (first Black man to win Men's Singles Title at Wimbledon, only Black man to be laid in state in the Virginia State Capitol after his death from AIDS in 1993); Tiger Woods and Lee Elder (golf); Pele (soccer); George Foreman, Joe Louis, Floyd Patterson, Mike Tyson; Evander Holyfield; Muhammed Ali (boxing); Charles Dumas (the first athlete to high jump over seven feet); Jesse Owens (Olympic track star, four gold medals, 1936); Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell, Julius "Dr J" Erving, Earvin "Magic" Johnson, Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal (basketball); David Robinson (U. S. Naval Academy graduate and professional basketball star).

BASEBALL: John Roosevelt "Jackie" Robinson (first Black major league baseball player, first Black player elected to Baseball Hall of Fame); Roy Campanella (Baseball Hall of Fame); Henry "Hank" Aaron (broke Babe Ruth's home run record, 1974; holds 18 major league records); Willie Mays (Baseball Hall of Fame, hit 660 home runs in his 22-year career); Raymond "Hooks" Dandridge,

BUSINESS: Booker T. Washington (educator, slave-born founder of Tuskegee Institute and the National Negro Business League); Samuel Fraunces (successful tavern owner, New York City, 1770's); Paul Cuffe (shipper/ merchant, New England, 1790-1810); James Wormley (hotel proprietor, Washington, DC, 1800's); George E. Johnson (Ultra-Sheen Hair Products, first Black-owned corpora- tion listed on a national stock exchange); Leroy Callender (consulting engineer); John Sengstacke (newspaper publisher); Henry G. Parks, Jr. (founded sausage company); A. G. Gaston (Birmingham businessman); H. C. Haynes (barber/inventor of the razor strop, 1899); Wally Amos (talent agent and president of the Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookie Company); John Harold Johnson (editor/ publisher, Ebony, Jet, Negro Digest)

INVENTORS: Garrett Augustus Morgan (gas mask, safety hood, automatic traffic light, first human hair straightener); Granville T. Woods (more than 60 patents, many of which were used by railroads, including a device which powered trains by electricity rather than steam); Elijah McCoy (self-lubricating machine, "The Real McCoy").

Not to mention hundreds of Celebrities ...
beatiful!!

Simplex3
12-30-2005, 07:17 PM
yes we need more, should be a toll tax every time you sh@#
Yes, because communism and socialism have worked every time they've been tried.

Oh, wait, no they haven't. :hmmm:

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2005, 07:23 PM
Hey Kotter, how did you get out of that ghetto you were raised in? Did somebody come and take you away and put you in college?

You know, this is a loaded question....but I'm gonna answer it anyway.

In 5th and 6th grade, I realized I was pretty good at school if I wanted to be. Some coaches and teachers saw my potential, athletically and academically....and encouraged me. I looked around the hood (a HUD housing project,) and saw nothin' but welfare moms, whores, drug addicts, and lazy assed unemployed alcoholics (including my own family, FTR) and I said to myself, "Ain't no way I'm gonna live like this." I made a conscious decision by 7th or 8th grade to work toward making something of myself.

What did I do? I made friends from the "good side of the tracks." Now I didn't diss my friends and neighbors from the hood then (like I do now, I guess), but I focused on finding out what it was gonna take to make it. What did I find out?

1. Don't hang around trouble, unless you want trouble. Find healthy, safe, and trouble-free alternatives to trouble....extra-curricular activities, jobs, hobbies, reading, crafts, church, GOOD friends....whatever it takes.
2. If you make a mistake, learn from it. And don't blame nobody but yourself.
3. Get as much out of your education as you can; whatever that is.
4. Find positive outlets for your "restlessness." For me it was sports.
5. Make realistic goals for yourself. And don't give up on them too easily; if they change some, that's okay....but keep focused on goals.
6. Give as much as you take in life; professionally, and personally.
7. Look out for number one, but without hurting others.
8. Ask for help if you need it; and be grateful to those who help you.
9. Discover your talents, your gifts, and your interests. And use those in your personal and professional life, and you are likely to be happy.
10. Don't forget where you come from, or those you left behind. You aren't any better; just lucky enough to have learned what they ignored.

It wasn't a sudden revelation or anything, but over-time those are the types of things that helped me through. How?

I worked at school. Did very well. Got a complete scholarship from ROTC; they paid for college at KU, I owed them four years afterward. Seemed fair; and a means to an end. Thought I'd be a career military guy, but changed my mind. Tried Medical Sales in Western AK and East TX for about 9 months, but it didn't work out because I hated being a suck up. My wife was a teacher, I'd always thought about it. Decided I didn't need to be rich, and two teachers live pretty comfortably though not lavishly. Four kids later, I'm rethinking the teaching gig though.

Either way, I've come a long way. Of the ten kids I hung with as a child (I was the only white,) only one other has "made it." Two are dead (gangs, drugs,) 4 have been in-and-out of prison for 25 years, two disappeared, one joined the Army but got booted became an addict and committed suicide. The only one who "made it" was a black girl (friend of mine.) She didn't graduate, but got her GED; she worked at BK in HS....and has been a district manager in the restaurant industry for 10 years or so.

Probably more than you wanted, Skip. But as for the thread starter, he needs to quit hating and blaming....and realize goals and a work ethic will cure any problems Jackson county kids might have.

13and3
12-30-2005, 07:25 PM

In 5th and 6th grade, I realized I was pretty good at school if I wanted to be. Some coaches and teachers saw my potential, athletically and academically....and encouraged me. I looked around the hood (a HUD housing project,) and saw nothin' but welfare moms, whores, drug addicts, and lazy assed unemployed alcoholics (including my own family, FTR) and I said to myself, "Ain't no way I'm gonna live like this." I made a conscious decision by 7th or 8th grade to work toward making something of myself.

What did I do? I made friends from the "good side of the tracks." Now I didn't diss my friends and neighbors from the hood then (like I do now, I guess), but I focused on finding out what it was gonna take to make it. What did I find out?

1. Don't hang around trouble, unless you want trouble. Find healthy, safe, and trouble-free alternatives to trouble....extra-curricular activities, jobs, hobbies, reading, crafts, church, GOOD friends....whatever it takes.
5. Make realistic goals for yourself. And don't give up on them too easily; if they change some, that's okay....but keep focused on goals.
9. Discover your talents, your gifts, and your interests. And use those in your personal and professional life, and you are likely to be happy.
10. Don't forget where you come from, or those you left behind. You aren't any better; just lucky enough to have learned what they ignored.

It wasn't a sudden revelation or anything, but over-time those are the types of things that helped me through. How?

I worked at school. Did very well. Got a complete scholarship from ROTC; they paid for college at KU, I owed them four years afterward. Seemed fair; and a means to an end. Thought I'd be a career military guy, but changed my mind. Tried Medical Sales in Western AK and East TX for about 9 months, but it didn't work out. My wife was a teacher, I'd always thought about it. Decided I didn't need to be rich, and two teachers live pretty comfortably though not lavishly. Four kids later, I'm rethinking the teaching gig though.

Either way, I've come a long way. Of the ten kids I hung with as a child (I was the only white,) only one other has "made it." Two are dead (gangs, drugs,) 4 have been in-and-out of prison for 25 years, two disappeared, one joined the Army but got booted became an addict and committed suicide. The only one who "made it" was a black girl (friend of mine.) She didn't graduate, but got her GED; she worked at BK in HS....and has been a district manager in the restaurant industry for 10 years or so.

Probably more than you wanted, Skip. But as for the thread starter, he needs to quit hating and blaming....and realize goals and a work ethic will cure any problems Jackson county kids might have.

If no one points out the problem, no one will find an awnser

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2005, 07:30 PM

If one cannot see the problem in front of their face, they are blind...or worse. Probably worse.

Simplex3
12-30-2005, 07:30 PM
EARTH TO DIPS**T: WE'VE FOUND THE ANSWER. IT'S CALLED "HARD WORK"

If we were going to be any more clear about it we'd have to beat you upside the head repeatedly with a board that had "HARD WORK" written on the side.

stumppy
12-30-2005, 07:32 PM
If one cannot see the problem in front of their face, they are blind...or worse. Probably worse.

Some don't want to see the problem. It's easier that way.

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2005, 07:33 PM

As long as we continue to listen to Sharpton, Jackson, and the entitlement mentality, and ignore Bill Cosby, Shelby Steele, Walter Williams, and other's who are disparaged as Oreos....we'll contine to see many of our citizens wallow in self-pity, as opposed to doing something about it too.

Simplex3
12-30-2005, 07:36 PM
As long as we continue to listen to Sharpton, Jackson, and the entitlement mentality, and ignore Bill Cosby, Shelby Steele, Walter Williams, and other's who are disparaged as Oreos....we'll contine to see many of our citizens wallow in self-pity, as opposed to doing something about it too.
Walter Williams is a f**king genius. Or genious in CP parlance.

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2005, 07:37 PM
Some don't want to see the problem. It's easier that way.

And I can guarantee that in 90% of those cases, they have been shown the problem.....couseled on what needs to be done, to change it.....not once, but dozens of times, by literally hundreds of people in most instances. And guess what? They still choose the easy way; the path of least resistance.

Getting high, slammin' 4 or 5 Forties, sleepin' around and knockin' up the neighborhood whores, sleepin' in to get over the hangover.....well, that's a whole lot easier than self-discipline, self-respect, and setting goals for yourself that require effort. It is easier, so they CHOOSE not to see the problem.

It's not because they can't see the problem, stumpy; it's because they choose to ignore the problem.

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2005, 07:39 PM
Walter Williams is a f**king genius. Or genious in CP parlance.

Some in the communities are finally beginning to listen to what he and Sowell and Steele have been saying for twenty years. They didn't WANT to beilieve them....it was easier to play the victim role.

It's taken Bill Fuggin' Cosby to finally get their damn attention. God Bless Cosby, man. :clap:

mikey23545
12-30-2005, 07:40 PM

Just from reading your post, I see what you mean about your educational system.

13and3
EARTH TO DIPS**T: WE'VE FOUND THE ANSWER. IT'S CALLED "HARD WORK"

If we were going to be any more clear about it we'd have to beat you upside the head repeatedly with a board that had "HARD WORK" written on the side.
if it was all about hard work, your boss would be mexican.

Simplex3
Some in the communities are finally beginning to listen to what he and Sowell and Steele have been saying for twenty years. They didn't WANT to beilieve them....it was easier to play the victim role.

It's taken Bill Fuggin' Cosby to finally get their damn attention. God Bless Cosby, man. :clap:
I still don't like Jello, though. :shrug:

stumppy
12-30-2005, 07:42 PM
It's not because they can't see the problem, stumpy; it's because they choose to ignore the problem.

Uh....er......... like I said, some DON'T WANT TO SEE the problem.

And the name is stumPPy!!!!!!!!
Don't make me have to pop a cap in yo crackuh azzz.

13and3
12-30-2005, 07:43 PM
Just from reading your post, I see what you mean about your educational system.

U feel me homeboy.

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2005, 07:45 PM
if it was all about hard work, your boss would be mexican.

Can you say, Siesta? ;)

Many who come here work their azzes off, yes; our own Underclass could learn a helluva lot from some of them.

Labor, sweat, and muscle are important yes. But education, which is impugned and denegrated in the Urban areas of this country by too "cool" gangsters and ganster wannabes.....that's the real ticket.

If you really wanna make it, you gotta use your brain for something besides a daily science experiment to see how many brain cells you can kill....

13and3
12-30-2005, 07:45 PM

dont hurt'em, pleazz dont hurt'em

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2005, 07:48 PM

Hey, dizzy fo all my homies in the pen. Dizzle makes me C-to-tha-izzall some of mah favors in, n have mah *****z come visit you frizzom Leavenworth . Its just anotha homocide. Theyll bring all sorts of gats n shit, n before they is done wit you....you W-to-tha-izzill be begg'n thizzay ta kizzill yo sorry ass gangsta style.

Word, yo?

13and3
12-30-2005, 07:50 PM
Hey, dizzy fo all my homies in the pen. Dizzle makes me C-to-tha-izzall some of mah favors in, n have mah *****z come visit you frizzom Leavenworth . Its just anotha homocide. Theyll bring all sorts of gats n shit, n before they is done wit you....you W-to-tha-izzill be begg'n thizzay ta kizzill yo sorry ass gangsta style.

Word, yo?

pimp hard bra, pimp hard.

stumppy
12-30-2005, 07:52 PM

Word, yo?
ROFL

Awwww STFU and STFD.
:D

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2005, 07:56 PM

Let me axe you a question:

It mus hurt hearin' one of da homies, givin' it up fo da crackas?

keg in kc
12-30-2005, 07:59 PM
Yeah, it's racism. It doesn't have anything to do with the way Jackson County has run the complex into the ground, or the idiotic way the teams are tied together.

Move the Royals into KCMO, move the Chiefs into Johnson County. Remove the idiots that run Jackson County from the equation.

KcMizzou
12-30-2005, 08:01 PM
if it was all about hard work, your boss would be mexican.ROFL

Aint that the truth.

ENDelt260
12-30-2005, 08:02 PM
My boss is a Mexican.

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2005, 08:04 PM

One more thing:

Hell ya dig?. i was marshall poser before there was rap; its a damn shame too. if weed-smokin' im whiznat you ciznall one of those white-chocolate covered oreos.....white on tha outside, black inside: mah first favorite music was parliament n funkadizzles mah first booze was buggin` dogg n olde english M-to-tha-izzalt liquor, i still love watermizzles mah fiznirst concert was prince witta girl named yolanda, n mah first pussy was only pizzay on tha inside . Wussup to all my *****z in the house. W-to-tha-izzord, yo?

For those from Johnson County and beyond:

Hell. I was Marshall Mathers before there was Rap; its a damn shame too. If anything I'm what you call one of those White-chocolate covered Oreos.....white on the outside, black inside: my first favorite music was Parliament and Funkadelic, my first booze was Mad Dog and Olde English malt liquor, I still love watermelon, my first concert was Prince with a girl named Yolanda, and my first pussy was only pink on the inside. Word, yo?

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2005, 08:05 PM
My boss is a Mexican.

So are you. Isn't anyone who wears a goatee, technically, Mexican?

stumppy
12-30-2005, 08:11 PM
One more thing:

Hell ya dig?. i was marshall poser before there was rap; its a damn shame too. if weed-smokin' im whiznat you ciznall one of those white-chocolate covered oreos.....white on tha outside, black inside: mah first favorite music was parliament n funkadizzles mah first booze was buggin` dogg n olde english M-to-tha-izzalt liquor, i still love watermizzles mah fiznirst concert was prince witta girl named yolanda, n mah first pussy was only pizzay on tha inside . Wussup to all my *****z in the house. W-to-tha-izzord, yo?

For those from Johnson County and beyond:

Hell. I was Marshall Mathers before there was Rap; its a damn shame too. If anything I'm what you call one of those White-chocolate covered Oreos.....white on the outside, black inside: my first favorite music was Parliament and Funkadelic, my first booze was Mad Dog and Olde English malt liquor, I still love watermelon, my first concert was Prince with a girl named Yolanda, and my first pussy was only pink on the inside. Word, yo?

Just another day in the life know as Kotter.

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2005, 08:13 PM
Just another day in the life know as Kotter.

What? :shrug:

Iowanian
12-30-2005, 08:14 PM
I think for the start of black history month, 13 should take a refresher course in mathematics at a local community college.

Slavery did occur for hundreds..ney THOUSANDS of years. Christians, Jews and conquered people have been enslaved since OG figured out how to use a club better than Able. Today, Africans are being enslaved by OTHER Africans.

In US History, 13 indicates that the Civil rights movement was 20 years ago? Thats 1986....a full 22 years after the majority of the civil rights issues in 1964.

I'm sympathetic to the plight somewhat...but you know what? Life has been a bitch for the majority...not the minority. Why is it that Catholics, Germans and Irish were all treated as 3rd class citizens, lived in tenements and slums and yet were able to assimilate?

There is probably a Cuban in the middle of the Gulf, farting into an sinking innertube to keep it afloat, beating off sharks with a snorkle and dog paddleing to get into the same country that "won't give you a chance"...he'll hit the beach, sleep and go get a job....10 years from now, could be owning a company.

America is the land of Opportunity, not the land of Easy.

Why is it, that my great grandparents could immigrate to the country, speaking no English, being of German decent at a time when it wasn't exactly effing popular to speak or be German, and yet were able to work their way up? Why is it that my grandparents were born to share croppers in 1 room dirt floored homes, fought in World Wars to come back with a few dollars in their pocket, take up share cropping to raise their families on nothing?

Why is it, that their kids, worked on the farm, became educated in the poorest county in Iowa(lower per capita income than the average Ghetto) and their children were able to climb a little higher?..some to college(see self funded).

I was also born to dirt poor parents, in an economically destitute rural area, where the example shown to me was to keep working and never quit, and you'd be alright. My father worked 3 jobs off the farm, and I started working for others, and even traveling at age 14 doing work most men wouldn't do today. We've made it through ecomomic hardship(see 80s farm crisis while you're studying), tragic accidents, illness and death....kept working and today my folks aren't in poverty, but are far from the silver spooned Spoiled slave masters I'm pretty fuggin tired of being insinuated. Myself and ALL of my siblings have worked our asses off since a young age, and funded our own college tuition to get where we're going today.

I'm fuggin tired of hearing about the Silver Spoon in my mouth at birth. Take that attitude and shove it up your ass.

while you're at it...quit calling every black or mixed race black that makes it by hard work an Uncle tom like you did earlier.

You want to know the flat truth Why there are a higher percentage of minorities in Jail than whites?

They're committing a higher percentage of crimes.

Why? "my baby daddy". thats why.

Same arguement is workable for every trailer park, welfare honkey too.

Get off your ass, get to work and teach your kids right from wrong by leading by example.

Its not rocket science. I don't have alot, but I've worked my ass off for, and appreciate every single thing I have. Given the chance, I share that with those trying to help themselves along.

happy Fuggin New year.

Iowanian
12-30-2005, 08:17 PM
And while I'm at it...I don't hear Jackson county residents crying when I drive my "rich white ass" 6hrs to your city, where I eat in restaraunts(how many bbq entrepenuers are white?) purchase gas, stay in hotels et al.

Jackson county residents benefit by every fan that comes to that stadium because of their ownership...Taxes that fund roads, schools, education, after school programs et al.
I also didn't hear them bitching when my out of state ass was in state, working and paying MO taxes to fix your roads, stadiums either.

Otter
12-30-2005, 08:28 PM
Anyone figure out who the regular is behind the "3 and 13" username?

Brock
12-30-2005, 08:29 PM
Seriously, they should move the Chiefs over the state line. We'll take good care of them over here, and the poor Jacko folk can sit and wonder why nobody goes there anymore.

Oh, that's right, they do still have the zoo. ROFL

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2005, 08:30 PM
...Oh, that's right, they do still have the zoo. ROFL

Wha choo sayn, cracka?

Brock
12-30-2005, 08:37 PM
Wha choo sayn, cracka?

FU, I'm a hebe.

memyselfI
12-30-2005, 08:41 PM
It has NOTHING to do with racism and everything to do with wanting to get the best bang for the buck...

and that means NOT handing over millions more dollars to a city and government who has completely botched everything they've touched the past 20 years.

I'm for moving the teams to WYCO (large Black and Hispanic populations) before I'd put another dollar into funding stadiums in KC, MO. I think most Johnson County folks feel this way as well. I doubt many want the teams IN JOCO. But they'd sure like to see them some place other than KC,MO.

Skip Towne
12-30-2005, 08:42 PM

I worked at school. Did very well. Got a complete scholarship from ROTC; they paid for college at KU, I owed them four years afterward. Seemed fair; and a means to an end. Thought I'd be a career military guy, but changed my mind. Tried Medical Sales in Western AK and East TX for about 9 months, but it didn't work out because I hated being a suck up. My wife was a teacher, I'd always thought about it. Decided I didn't need to be rich, and two teachers live pretty comfortably though not lavishly. Four kids later, I'm rethinking the teaching gig though.

No, that is exactly what I wanted. I grew up a rich kid. A doctor's son. But he died when I was 18 and I had to fend for myself. I made up my mind I would make it anyway and I did. Anybody can that wants to. But it is a hell of a lot easier to lay down and blame others for your failure. That is why the author of this thead's attitude pisses me off.

Saul Good
12-30-2005, 08:50 PM

I think you need to spend less time crying and more time learning math and spelling so you can get a good job someday. You know...the kind of jobs that are handed to whites. I'll make a deal with you. You say "we did not reicieve any back pay". Why don't you itemize out your personal hours and I'll take up a collection to pay you back with interest. If YOU PERSONALLY were never a slave, then you should quit bitching or at least stop using the word "we" when referring to people whom you have never met. You're a freaking crybaby. You're a disgrace to your race. It's people like you who keep your race down. You seem to think that ginning up white guilt will solve your problems.

Bwana
12-30-2005, 08:52 PM

Ding Ding Ding!

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2005, 08:52 PM
No, that is exactly what I wanted. I grew up a rich kid. A doctor's son. But he died when I was 18 and I had to fend for myself. I made up my mind I would make it anyway and I did. Anybody can that wants to. But it is a hell of a llot easier to lay down and blame others for your failure. That is why the author of this thead's attitude pisses me off.

Agreed. "Wants to" is the key; the problem is too many think it's gonna be easy.

Well, damn. I guess since you won't have a beer with us, I'll have to share a peace pipe if I'm ever in your neck of the woods...

Skip Towne
12-30-2005, 08:54 PM
No, but I don't think he is black.

stumppy
12-30-2005, 08:56 PM
That is why the author of this thead's attitude pisses me off.

ROFL

He is an irritatting mofo isn't he ?

Saul Good
12-30-2005, 08:57 PM

What have you ever done to get rich? Have you put in the effort? Have you taken the risks? Have you played powerball? Are you just whining and crying and asking for the world to feel sorry for your pathetic ass and hand you everything on a silver platter?
I'm sure you would have built an empire by now if it weren't for people owning slaves 200 years ago.

stumppy
12-30-2005, 08:58 PM

Probably Kotter. Wanting to engage in a discussion with himself.

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2005, 08:59 PM
Probably Kotter. Wanting to engage in a discussion with himself.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Saul Good
12-30-2005, 09:01 PM

It's because those white Johnson County residents don't believe they have a built-in excuse for failure. It's a lot easier to bitch than it is to get off your ass. Nobody is holding your ass back. Your kids will be failures because they will be raised to look for excuses just like their old man. Then their kids will be failures. Then their kids will be failures. You know what? Every single one of them will deserve to fail if they listen to you and people like you. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Skip Towne
12-30-2005, 09:06 PM
Agreed. "Wants to" is the key; the problem is too many think it's gonna be easy.

Well, damn. I guess since you won't have a beer with us, I'll have to share a peace pipe if I'm ever in your neck of the woods...
I'm Italian, "wants to" is ingrained. We take what we want and won't take no for an answer. Capische?

Saul Good
12-30-2005, 09:08 PM
You're a bright one. The last time I checked, a Republican president signed the Emancipation Proclaimation. A higher percentage of Republicans signed the Equal Rights Ammendment than Democrats. Hell, even Richard Nixon enacted affirmative action. I guess Rice, Powell, and Thomas are just Uncle Toms in your sad little world. Quit whining about your problems. Half of the people who hear about them don't care, and the other half are glad you're having problems.

Halfcan
12-30-2005, 09:10 PM
There is lots of black people at the Chiefs games-they are called Beer Vendors.

Sombody gotsta tote dat beer for rich old whitey.

Iowanian
12-30-2005, 09:11 PM
There was just an interview with Russel Simmons on ABC.

The basis of his talk was that his Rolles Royce never gave him happiness....It was about family, and appreciation of the work he was doing and helping bring others out of poverty.

Its pretty admireable.

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2005, 09:11 PM
I'm Italian, "wants to" is ingrained. We take what we want and won't take no for an answer. Capische?

Sė. Effettivamente, Vito.

Er, eh....I mean, Mr. Corleone.

wutamess
12-30-2005, 09:12 PM

You're wasting your time on this one.
They haven't lived it nor experienced it and won't/don't see it from a black persons point of view.

I realized this when I was being, "truthful" to some white guys at work about some things. They looked at me like I was crazyand some of the exact same points you're making I've made.

Of course there's success stories in every race, but while we sometimes use the excuse that slavery existed, they use the excuse that they themselves weren't slave owners while the damage has already been done.

Never mind the fact that the whites of slavery had a plan to keep minorities a minority for thousands of years (see Willie Lynch). Never mind the fact that when slavery was abolished (Loncoln didn't really want to end slavery to help slaves/blacks) The government didn't do anything to help people get on their feet so minorities could become an equal to the majority. Instead of reperations, we got to be homesteaders and squatters and such

Also never mind the fact that the governemnt has flooded the minority nieghborhoods with drugs and guns in order to keep us down even more.

So today (some) whites are mad that we (blacks/minorites) get a couple of breaks through affirmative action and grants and other little government programs and sometimes we get chosen for a position they're just as qualified for just because of our heritage or skin color. They throw us a little fuccing bone to help us cope with the years of slavery and we're supposed to stop being the victim considering that minorities are setup for failure as soon as we're spit out the womb.

Of course, you'll see a couple of succesful (minorities) that, "slipped through the cracks" and they expect everyone to be able to obtain that. Never mind the 75+% that didn't make it and really didn't have a chance to start with.

Oh and the minority prison population percentages is NOT a result of what has taken place over the slavery years. If you look at it... there's a perfect example of a race that has been negatively impacted by a take over from the white race. Take a good look at the american Indian. You'd be hard pressed to find a successful (true) American indian... Now before you guys pull pics... how many have you actually SEEN in person? NOT VERY MANY!

Here we have a race that the "whites" have befriended and got an entire culture hooked (if I'm not mistaken) & forever in dissarray.

No I'm not a racists.
Just socially aware of what's going on since my people have been the one on the receiving end.

Truth is... while I do agree that all races have to better themselves individually with a little elbow grease and a few breaks with hard work, the majority of whites are at an advantage because They have role models and have a pathway somewhat laid out for them as they're (more often than not) surrounded or have been around some succesful people. At the same time (This is where the slavery part comes in) we've been bred in generation upon generation of welfare foodstamps, wic, and other governemtn programs that do nothing but hurt people more than they help.

Here's a better example (for some of you traveling folks) it's generally true that blacks tend to be more successful if they're from the northern states ( I know this isn't coming out like I want it to). Have you guys seen how blacks down south live than the ones up north? Think it has anything to do with the slave states being down there and they're still in that "chains on the mind" mentality?

Hope this helps.

KcMizzou
12-30-2005, 09:15 PM
Also never mind the fact that the governemnt has flooded the minorities nieghborhoods with drugs and guns in order to keep us down even more.
Wha???

Skip Towne
12-30-2005, 09:17 PM
Sė. Effettivamente, Vito.

Er, eh....I mean, Mr. Corleone.
You missed your payment last month peckerwood. You want I come visit?

wutamess
12-30-2005, 09:21 PM
Wha???

So you think that we brought drugs over here in our planes?
And we put guns in the streets we got out of our stockpiles in Africa?
Or maybe we bought them all legitimately from the local arms dealer and they were stolen from our homes.

No we're not totally innocent... We've just got a LOT of convenient help.

Bearcat
12-30-2005, 09:22 PM
How do you expect a race of people who have been utterly demolished for 100s of years to gain a decent foot hold in 20?

You have no idea what it is to be black

We had this discussion in an ethics class, but it was about women in the workplace. The question was about if women would or could ever be a majority on the C-level (CEOs, CFOs, chairmen, etc.). The article discussed it like it was this huge problem, but it's really nothing that can be solved by anything but time.... for every woman that's worked her way up the ladder, that's one more woman that will be qualified when the old white guys on the top of the ladder die. Take black coaches in the NFL.... ESPN goes on and on and on about it... but I wonder how many are there for the open positions? Is it a problem of NFL teams going out of their way to not hire black coaches, or it is an issue of waiting for black coaches to go through the ranks, and the old white head coaches to retire?

While I have no idea what it means to be black, I do know how it feels to have to work through school, struggle with finding success, and then find it..... and I didn't find it because of my skin color.

Skip Towne
12-30-2005, 09:23 PM
The only minority group I feel any compassion for are American Indians. They were among the toughest, fiercest fighters this world has ever seen. They had their land stolen from them by the white imperialists but they got a measure of revenge. They now own all the casinos in Oklahoma and a good share of the oil wells. Whitey was stupid enough to sign some very stupid treaties.

Katipan
12-30-2005, 09:23 PM
Why do black people need black role models to make it work?

Skip Towne
12-30-2005, 09:24 PM
Or maybe we bought them all legitimately from the local arms dealer and they were stolen from our homes.

Please explain.

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2005, 09:25 PM

Also never mind the fact that the governemnt has flooded the minorities nieghborhoods with drugs and guns in order to keep us down even more..

Wow. If you truly believe that, you have been successfully brainwashed. :shake:

......They have role models and have a pathway somewhat laid out for them as they're (more often than not) surrounded or have been around some succesful people. At the same time (This is where the slavery part comes in) we've been bred in generation upon generation of welfare foodstamps, wic, and other governemtn programs that do nothing but hurt people more than they help.

....they're still in that "chains on the mind" mentality?

Role models are important. And it is tougher, coming from the socio-economic circumstances that many blacks do. But that tells you something, right there: it' not about black and white; it's about the socio-economic aspects of it.

The bottom-line is in this country, we have free public schools. Anyone who WANTS to attend college and is really serious about it, as opposed to just dreaming about it, can FIND A WAY. And don't say they can't; I know better: not just me, but I see it every year.

We only accept the "chains of the mind" mentality, if we choose to accept it--to embrace it. In this country, goals and hardwork are all one needs to take advantage of the opportunities this country provides.

Rich people, and white people, do have an advantage over the poor and blacks. But that is life. Life isn't necessarily fair--but nothing in life really is. Get over it. Move on. Do what you have to do to succeed. Regardless of where one starts, choices are the key. And one needs to make good choices regardless of where we begin.

Otherwise, it's gonna pull you down--but only if you choose to allow it.

KcMizzou
12-30-2005, 09:27 PM

No we're not totally innocent... We've just got a LOT of convenient help.I think that has a lot more to do with economics than race. Did the government flood poor white neighborhoods with meth?

To say that the government did that intentionally, and that it's all some big master plan, is just fantasy.

Iowanian
wata...
You have always seemed pretty level headed and respectable to me.

Some of what you posted makes sense...some of it, seems like excuses. I guess I don't buy the conspiracy about "the govt" making blacks drunk and putting drugs into the community. Any unbiased links?

Do you at least admit, that you, being in an intact family, working and providing a good example for your children, gives them an opportunity to be "successful"?

Are you willing to comment on the poor non-minorities who are working themselves out of poverty, while many choose to do nothing to improve their situation(we're talking poor whitey here)?

I live in a large town...not city. For its size, there is a pretty healthy minority population. I have a friend who is a mid-40's black man, who admittedly came here to get away from trouble. Several of his family have located here because its an accepting community, and a man who wants to work gets a new chance. There have also come with some young, trouble men, who have no intention of working. They're slinging dime bags and putting graffiti on the murals in the park.

He's uneducated and always broke. He's a heck of a nice man, works 2-3 part time jobs. He can't pay his phone bill, but he's always got a $100 leather cabbie hat that matches the outfit, that matches the shoes.

Of all the things that keep him down....It seems like himself that does the more than anyone. The other night, he was walking home from the bar, after walking there from work, and was robbed at knifepoint, by 2-3 black men.

Alot of the issues, seem self inflicted to me.

Try to relate to me why that I should feel responsible as a white man? I want to be able to wrap my mind around what you're saying...but as a person who has, and seen my entire family struggle to middle of the pack with blood and sweat, I'm having trouble.

wutamess

You aren't serious right?
I believe you're generally a product of your environment.

If you live in a gang infested neighborhood or if you live in OP... while the chances are slim that'd you could do the exact opposite... I'm willing to bet you'd (as a kid) do what the majority of your environment is doing.

Mr. Kotter

Because some of them are racists? :hmmm:

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2005, 09:28 PM

If you live in a gang infested neighborhood or if you live in OP... while the chances are slim that'd you could do the exact opposite... I'm willing to bet you'd (as a kid) do what the majority of your environment is doing.

If you read my first post in this thread, you'd know that's not true.

Halfcan
12-30-2005, 09:29 PM
Who the hell is Loncoln?

Iowanian
12-30-2005, 09:30 PM
Question for the minority perspective.

Which of the following have an automatic "head start" on a black person.
1.Appalacian white
2. Trailer park white
3. Poor rural white
4. Hispanic Immigrant or 2nd generation
5. Asian immigrant

Katipan
12-30-2005, 09:30 PM

How did women get their equality?

wutamess
12-30-2005, 09:31 PM
Rich people, and white people, do have an advantage over the poor and blacks. But that is life. Life isn't necessarily fair--but nothing in life really is. Get over it. Move on. Do what you have to do to succeed.

Otherwise, it's gonna pull you down--but only if you choose to allow it.

Oh I never hold anything against anyone (ironically) I just didn't forget.
Cause by now... as much as a portion of the blame for minority issues is/was the results of white oppression. But now there are too many opportunities for minorities to use anything as an excuse unless it's just blatant racism.

At this point in my life I can't stand someone to use an excuse of another man/person prohibiting them from excelling. 9 times out of 10 I'm trying to convice that person that they have to stop making excuses. But while I think this way... the person that's around it everyday may not see a way out. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2005, 09:31 PM
Who the hell is Loncoln?

He was Henry Ford's minority partner; never got the credit he deserved.

Katipan
12-30-2005, 09:32 PM
Question for the minority perspective.

Which of the following have an automatic "head start" on a black person.
1.Appalacian white
2. Trailer park white
3. Poor rural white
4. Hispanic Immigrant or 2nd generation
5. Asian immigrant

Asian immigrant.

Any time I could check the little Filipino box, in order to get into a better school, you can bet my white cracker daddy did it.

Mr. Kotter
How did women get their equality?

He's gonna say, "they haven't."

Saul Good

You're wasting your time on this one.
They haven't lived it nor experienced it and won't/don't see it from a black persons point of view.

I realized this when I was being, "truthful" to some white guys at work about some things. They looked at me like I was crazyand some of the exact same points you're making I've made.

Of course there's success stories in every race, but while we sometimes use the excuse that slavery existed, they use the excuse that they themselves weren't slave owners while the damage has already been done.

Never mind the fact that the whites of slavery had a plan to keep minorities a minority for thousands of years (see Willie Lynch). Never mind the fact that when slavery was abolished (Loncoln didn't really want to end slavery to help slaves/blacks) The government didn't do anything to help people get on their feet so minorities could become an equal to the majority. Instead of reperations, we got to be homesteaders and squatters and such

Also never mind the fact that the governemnt has flooded the minority nieghborhoods with drugs and guns in order to keep us down even more.

So today (some) whites are mad that we (blacks/minorites) get a couple of breaks through affirmative action and grants and other little government programs and sometimes we get chosen for a position they're just as qualified for just because of our heritage or skin color. They throw us a little fuccing bone to help us cope with the years of slavery and we're supposed to stop being the victim considering that minorities are setup for failure as soon as we're spit out the womb.

Of course, you'll see a couple of succesful (minorities) that, "slipped through the cracks" and they expect everyone to be able to obtain that. Never mind the 75+% that didn't make it and really didn't have a chance to start with.

Oh and the minority prison population percentages is NOT a result of what has taken place over the slavery years. If you look at it... there's a perfect example of a race that has been negatively impacted by a take over from the white race. Take a good look at the american Indian. You'd be hard pressed to find a successful (true) American indian... Now before you guys pull pics... how many have you actually SEEN in person? NOT VERY MANY!

Here we have a race that the "whites" have befriended and got an entire culture hooked (if I'm not mistaken) & forever in dissarray.

No I'm not a racists.
Just socially aware of what's going on since my people have been the one on the receiving end.

Truth is... while I do agree that all races have to better themselves individually with a little elbow grease and a few breaks with hard work, the majority of whites are at an advantage because They have role models and have a pathway somewhat laid out for them as they're (more often than not) surrounded or have been around some succesful people. At the same time (This is where the slavery part comes in) we've been bred in generation upon generation of welfare foodstamps, wic, and other governemtn programs that do nothing but hurt people more than they help.

Here's a better example (for some of you traveling folks) it's generally true that blacks tend to be more successful if they're from the northern states ( I know this isn't coming out like I want it to). Have you guys seen how blacks down south live than the ones up north? Think it has anything to do with the slave states being down there and they're still in that "chains on the mind" mentality?

Hope this helps.

You're way off the mark, but I respect your opinion much more than I do 13-3's. I submit the average African-American is much better off in every measurable way than the average native African.
As far as the Native Americans not succeeding goes, there is a reason for this. The ones who still choose to live on reservations are there by choice. They have not assimilated with the rest of society over the last several hundred years, and they have failed to advance. Alcoholism is rampant on reservations, and they suffer. It's cultural, not racial.
How many homeless Asians, Arabs, Jews, or Indian/Pakistanis do you see? Not too many. Are they handed jobs by white people who take them in? No. They bust their asses and make something of themselves. They also tend to not have childred out of wedlock. Is that because Asians and Indians are genetically predisposed to not have children? 2.5 billion Chinese and Indians lead me to believe that they are as fertile as blacks. Their culture looks down on having children outside of a family unit and makes no excuses for personal economic failure. As a result, they succeed.
Meanwhile, the same blacks who gripe about the white man keeping them down keep smoking weed and idolizing rappers who glorify everything that keeps their race down.

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2005, 09:33 PM
Asian immigrant.

Any time I could check the little Filipino box, in order to get into a better school, you can bet my white cracker daddy did it.

Filipino? Hey, we've had a question here for a long time:

Vertical or horizontal? :hmmm:

(Or do Filipinos not count as Oriental? :hmmm: )

Katipan
12-30-2005, 09:35 PM
Filipino? Hey, we've had a question here for a long time:

Vertical or horizontal? :hmmm:

(Or do Filipinos not count as Oriental? :hmmm: )

It's definitely slanted.

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2005, 09:37 PM
.... But now there are too many opportunities for minorities to use anything as an excuse unless it's just blatant racism.

At this point in my life I can't stand someone to use an excuse of another man/person prohibiting them from excelling. 9 times out of 10 I'm trying to convice that person that they have to stop making excuses. ...

And THIS is why YOU "get it," and 13and3 doesn't.

THAT is the place to start; to eradicate HIS mindset, and to educate them as to your mindset. THAT would go a long, long way toward fixing many of the problems of urban America.

Bill Cosby has it right; and people really ought to be listening.

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2005, 09:38 PM
It's definitely slanted.

ROFL

Bearcat
12-30-2005, 09:41 PM

It's obviously much easier when you have the role models, etc; but I grew up in Raytown, and I saw quite a few people make it (white, black, etc.) and quite a few people not make it (white, black, etc.). While environment has something to do with it -- and I agree that it's easier to succeed in OP than Raytown -- the parents & kids also have a lot to do with it. I've had friends that didn't turn out too well, but it's not because they are white or because of where they grew up.

Iowanian

I think Alcohol is distilled all over the US. Many native tribes in Africa make thier own fermented drinks, chew cocoa leaves and smoke pot.

MJ grows all over the United states and was used by Native Americans long before whites every gained control of the country.

Many drugs are Made here.

I don't believe for a minute that "the govt" manufactured crack, and put it into the black community to keep them in check. It was more than likely, pushed by drug lords, out for personal finacial gain, IMO.

Guns I feel are pretty much the same way...Manufacturers make what sells...supply and demand.

stumppy

I have plenty of guns. But, if you get a chance, tell them to send some of the drugs my way.

wutamess
12-30-2005, 09:42 PM
wata...

Try to relate to me why that I should feel responsible as a white man? I want to be able to wrap my mind around what you're saying...but as a person who has, and seen my entire family struggle to middle of the pack with blood and sweat, I'm having trouble.

:thumb: Great response and I see your point.

But lets go back 6-7 generations here.

(gonna get crazy but hear me out on this one.)
3 centuries ago... (if you haven't heard about Willie Lynch (http://community-2.webtv.net/NUBIANEM/THEMAKINGOFASLAVE/) please read it)

Having given his story I'll begin my scenario...
Tell me if I'm correct...

* His father wasn't probably around?
- Not having a father reduces your chance of a role model (which is really important for a child regardless of race).
- He also misses out on a lot of lessons in life coming up as a child.
- How to save
- What to spend money on.
- Learn how to invest etc.

So now he's totally clueless on what life is all about.
He doesn't know that buying a home is better than renting.
He doesn't know that instead of buying $100 hats, he can buy $200 CD's or invest it in other ways.
So while he's trying to impress someone (or keep up with the Jones') he's totally missing the fuccing point.
And you think it gets better with his seeds if that's all he knows?
- That's what I mean by his chances are really bad from the time he comes out the womb.

KcMizzou
12-30-2005, 09:44 PM
I tend to go out of my way to try and not seem racist... which I suppose could be seem a form of racism itself. What I mean by that is... I might get irritated with a white guy and tell him to go to hell... and maybe in that same situation with a black guy... I'm a little more reserved. Nobody wants that label. (but a prick is a prick)

My grandfather on my dad's side was bad. Using the "N word" and all that. It made me cringe every time I heard it. I honestly think that open racism in my generation is very rare.

sedated
12-30-2005, 09:45 PM
President Bush does not care about black people

wutamess
12-30-2005, 09:46 PM
You're way off the mark, but I respect your opinion much more than I do 13-3's. I submit the average African-American is much better off in every measurable way than the average native African.
As far as the Native Americans not succeeding goes, there is a reason for this. The ones who still choose to live on reservations are there by choice. They have not assimilated with the rest of society over the last several hundred years, and they have failed to advance. Alcoholism is rampant on reservations, and they suffer. It's cultural, not racial.
How many homeless Asians, Arabs, Jews, or Indian/Pakistanis do you see? Not too many. Are they handed jobs by white people who take them in? No. They bust their asses and make something of themselves. They also tend to not have childred out of wedlock. Is that because Asians and Indians are genetically predisposed to not have children? 2.5 billion Chinese and Indians lead me to believe that they are as fertile as blacks. Their culture looks down on having children outside of a family unit and makes no excuses for personal economic failure. As a result, they succeed.
Meanwhile, the same blacks who gripe about the white man keeping them down keep smoking weed and idolizing rappers who glorify everything that keeps their race down.

I was speaking to one of my CS professors who was from Banghledash and he stated that most people that come to the states are already rich or well off (as I didn't know what his criteria for rich was). Anyhow, they must be having some type of money before they come because they have those freaking wigs shops and beauty supply stores all over the fuccing place. No way a bum can do that frmo the ground up like the internationals who come here have. Think about it... would the US let Kimba from the sunni tribe in just because he wants to?

Skip Towne
12-30-2005, 09:46 PM
I was taught there are only 3 races. Caucasoid, Mongoloid and Negroid. Of those three which one populates the prisons, refuses to assimilate into society and whines for "help" for two hundred years? And which other two continues to move society forward despite this anchor they are dragging?

Katipan
12-30-2005, 09:48 PM
I tend to go out of my way to try and not seem racist... which I suppose could be seem a form of racism itself. What I mean by that is... I might get irritated with a white guy and tell him to go to hell... and maybe in that same situation with a black guy... I'm a little more reserved. Nobody wants that label. (but a prick is a prick)

My grandfather on my dad's side was bad. Using the "N word" and all that. It made me cringe every time I heard it. I honestly think that open racism in my generation is very rare.

Are we in the same generation?

I grew up in Los Angeles. White people were the minority. It wasn't until continual trips to the midwest when i realized how ridiculously racist a lot of our country still is.

I'm the girl that would describe a sole black person by everything except his race because I really just don't see it.

Women don't own the word **** for a reason.
Black people should stop owning the word ******.

stumppy
12-30-2005, 09:48 PM
Who the hell is Loncoln?

Started the minature log company.

wutamess
12-30-2005, 09:49 PM
I think Alcohol is distilled all over the US. Many native tribes in Africa make thier own fermented drinks, chew cocoa leaves and smoke pot.

MJ grows all over the United states and was used by Native Americans long before whites every gained control of the country.

Many drugs are Made here.

I don't believe for a minute that "the govt" manufactured crack, and put it into the black community to keep them in check. It was more than likely, pushed by drug lords, out for personal finacial gain, IMO.

Guns I feel are pretty much the same way...Manufacturers make what sells...supply and demand.

So why not sell/"push" it to the whites since they have the most money?

Halfcan
12-30-2005, 09:50 PM
The stadium issue has shit to do with race. I don't want to foot the bill with higher taxes while Kansas gets a free ride.

Poor is Poor-doesn't matter what freakin color.

Trash is Trash-doesn't mater what color.

Watamus is talking about how blacks are treated different on a daily basis. If you don't think they are, you are not looking at the real world. It is human nature to stay with your "Own" kind. That is why there is a China town, ect in every big city.

I got on the wrong bus in Atlanta. Forty folks looking at me like I was a tourist/white idiot. They saw my skin color only. That was just one bus ride. In Vancouver, there are so many different languages-I was the minority. They were thinking, why can't you talk arabic you stupid American. It would be tough to face that every day.

A blackman goes into a store and folks think he is a gangsta crack head that is going to rob them. Unfortunately, black leaders in entertainment glamorize that lifestyle with their music and attitudes. You reap what you sow.

Some of my best friends are black. I don't see peoples color, I see if they are a good person or not. Go to the Civil Rights Musuem in Memphis TN. Civil Rights include women too, they were treated very poorly for centuries also.

Can't we all get along like ebony and ivory?

Katipan
12-30-2005, 09:52 PM
Watamus is talking about how blacks are treated different on a daily basis. If you don't think they are, you are not looking at the real world. It is human nature to stay with your "Own" kind. That is why there is a China town, ect in every big city.

There are China Towns because Chinese people stick together?

What the **** is wrong with you?

Lonewolf Ed
12-30-2005, 09:52 PM

What was that you were saying about stereotyping? Democrats are the ones who really care about black folks, like Senator "Sheets" Byrd, right? He used to wear a sheet with a pointy hat back in the day. And guys like him are the ones who say how the Republicans hate black people. :shake:

Brock
12-30-2005, 09:54 PM

I own a shitload of guns. I haven't shot anybody yet.

And for some reason, I doubt crack is going to sell very well in this neighborhood.

I don't think you've made much of a point.

Frazod

I was addicted to cocaine for five years - moved from snorting to smoking/freebasing. I probably dropped around $70,000 on dope during that time. Been clean for nearly a decade now.

And I'm as WASPy as they come. As were all the other junkie idiots I hung out with, and most of the dealers I bought it from. My main dealer was a white woman in her 50s or 60s.

Don't think you've got the marketed cornered on life destruction, junior.

wutamess

Dude... everyone is somewhat racist to some degree.
It's everywhere.

For instance...
Just like you can't stand to see (more than likely) a black youths pants around his ****ing ankles (acting like a true *N*) I hate it worse than you. I don't label people as racist just because they hate some of the stereotypes that minorities/blacks do. I hate some of them my damn self and it doesn't do anything but show that we're a people missing a lot of substance.

Can't get made at you because we choose to display our tendencies that do nothing but fulfill the stereotypes.

Iowanian
12-30-2005, 09:55 PM
It's definitely slanted.

You should see it with a couple of fat lips after its been thoroughly beaten with the clam hammer

Katipan
12-30-2005, 09:56 PM
Dude... everyone is somewhat racist to some degree.
It's everywhere.

For instance...
Just like you can't stand to see (more than likely) a black youths pants around his ****ing ankles (acting like a true *N*) I hate it worse than you. I don't label people as racist just because they hate some of the stereotypes that minorities/blacks do. I hate some of them my damn self and it doesn't do anything but show that we're a people missing a lot of substance.

Can't get made at you because we choose to display our tendencies that do nothing but fulfill the stereotypes.

Now there's my problem with your whole argument.

The pants sagging is an American Urban culture thing.

Not a black thing.

Katipan
12-30-2005, 09:58 PM
You should see it with a couple of fat lips after its been thoroughly beaten with the clam hammer

I see we're only going to have a first date and not a second one.

wutamess
12-30-2005, 10:00 PM
I own a shitload of guns. I haven't shot anybody yet.

And for some reason, I doubt crack is going to sell very well in this neighborhood.

I don't think you've made much of a point.

I haven't made much of a point because you're living in white suburbia.
Crack sells in the hood (really well)
You haven't shot anyone because you don't have to use your gun for survival the only way you think is right.

Get the point now?

Skip Towne
12-30-2005, 10:01 PM
I have plenty of guns. But, if you get a chance, tell them to send some of the drugs my way.
Shut up honkey. You too white for this conspiracy

Katipan
12-30-2005, 10:01 PM
I haven't made much of a point because you're living in white suburbia.
Crack sells in the hood (really well)
You haven't shot anyone because you don't have to use your gun for survival the only way you think is right.

Get the point now?

I lived in a suburb and had to.

Whats the point now?

stumppy
12-30-2005, 10:02 PM

ROFL

I was hoping you'd show up on this thread.

wutamess
12-30-2005, 10:02 PM
I was addicted to cocaine for five years - moved from snorting to smoking/freebasing. I probably dropped around $70,000 on dope during that time. Been clean for nearly a decade now.

And I'm as WASPy as they come. As were all the other junkie idiots I hung out with, and most of the dealers I bought it from. My main dealer was a white woman in her 50s or 60s.

Don't think you've got the marketed cornered on life destruction, junior.

Congrats dude...
But answer me this... if you didn't have a role model of sme sort from when you were a lil kid that taught you the right way... do you think you would have recovered.

Please answer honestly.