PDA

View Full Version : Millen likely to sign Saunders to Detroit coaching gig.

Pages : [1] 2

Phobia
12-30-2005, 10:10 PM
I scanned the front page and didn't see this posted anywhere.

Saunders is likely to take the Detroit job as early as Monday assuming the Chiefs don't make the post-season.

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2005, 10:11 PM
Says who? :shrug:

HolmeZz
12-30-2005, 10:11 PM
Warpaint.

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2005, 10:12 PM
Warpaint.

Is this coming solely from Nick then? :shrug:

KcMizzou
12-30-2005, 10:12 PM
We're busy talking about racism.

And.... link? (Hey, it's Chiefsplanet... you know the drill.)

the Talking Can
12-30-2005, 10:13 PM
man, I'll be pissed if we end up with someone like Edwards...

Joe Seahawk
12-30-2005, 10:14 PM
Karl Dorrell

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2005, 10:14 PM
man, I'll be pissed if we end up with someone like Edwards...

Who you got in mind? Seriously?

nychief
12-30-2005, 10:15 PM

I am with you mr. kotter - who would you perfer?

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2005, 10:16 PM
Karl Dorrell

Nope. I hear he likes the west coast....and is headed to the Rainy City, after Homgren commits suicide after his one-and-done. :p

nychief
12-30-2005, 10:16 PM
Matt Millen is the kiss of death.... if Mooch can't win there, what are the chances of Saunders winning?

the Talking Can
12-30-2005, 10:17 PM

Saunders/Rivera/and everyone not named Herm Edwards or Gunther Cunningham

nychief
12-30-2005, 10:17 PM
Nope. I hear he likes the west coast....and is headed to the Rainy City, after Homgren commits suicide after his one-and-done. :p

Dorrell will be a good prospect in a couple of years.... he has only been a head coach for 2.

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2005, 10:18 PM
I am with you mr. kotter - who would you perfer?

I just don't know who else, available, could come in and pick up the pieces and reload.....instead of a complete, painful, and long rebuilding process. I mean, I'm not thrilled with the idea of Edwards, but he hasn't been half bad....and I can't think of anyone else, given the situation, who would be a clear-cut choice. That said, I'd bet Herm is back in NY next year....what are they saying back there?

Phobia
12-30-2005, 10:18 PM
Is this coming solely from Nick then? :shrug:

It's pretty solid. But Saunders and Millen can't confirm until Monday. Unless something drastic happens during contract negotiations you can probably take it to the bank. But, sometimes these things do fall apart - you never know for sure.

VonneMarie
12-30-2005, 10:19 PM
Or Martz...

ChiTown
12-30-2005, 10:19 PM
It's pretty solid. But Saunders and Millen can't confirm until Monday. Unless something drastic happens during contract negotiations you can probably take it to the bank. But, sometimes these things do fall apart - you never know for sure.

Sounds like a definite maybe ;)

tk13
12-30-2005, 10:20 PM
Not surprising. I actually got one right for once... haha Not that I actually have any sources... but I'd believe it, with all the young offensive weapons Detroit has I figured Al would be extremely interested in that job.

nychief
12-30-2005, 10:20 PM
I just don't know who else, available, could come in and pick up the pieces and reload.....instead of a complete, painful, and long rebuilding process. I mean, I'm not thrilled with the idea of Edwards, but he hasn't been half bad....and I can't think of anyone else, given the situation, who would be a clear-cut choice. That said, I'd bet Herm is back in NY next year....what are they saying back there?

They are saying he is on his way here. Hell in tomorrow Times Bill Rhoden writes a column telling Herm to think long and hard about the Chiefs if they come calling, because he thinks it is a four year turn around before the jets win.

One good thing abotu Herm is that John Abraham says he will look long and hard at any team that Herm coaches....

Abraham and Allen on the Dline would be nice.

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2005, 10:21 PM

Personally, I'd rather see Saunders....I'm not sure about Rivera.....and though Edwards Marty-ties concern me, what he's done and the flexibility he's shown (compared to other Marty clones) makes me less concerned.

Forentz seems popular with some here; I don't have good feelings about Lewis, or Trgovac.....maybe Williams, but MOhillbilly is sure he isn't even considering it. :hmmm:

TRR
12-30-2005, 10:21 PM
Hell I'd take Steve Mariucci over Herm Edwards.

I've just never been a big fan of Herman Edwards.

Logical
12-30-2005, 10:22 PM
Thanks Phil, guess I am not suprised.

Bowser
WE'RE GOING TO SIGN TY LAW!!! YESSSSS!!!!

Phobia
Sounds like a definite maybe ;)

Well, I learned from Nick's mistakes. This is the NFL. You can't report shit as a done deal until it's a DONE DEAL. There's a lot of backroom deals that fall apart under the watchful eye of an attorney/agent. A few carefully placed words (such as "likely") are likely to protect my reputation as a legitimate news source for the future. Maybe. :D

nychief
12-30-2005, 10:23 PM
Personally, I'd rather see Saunders....I'm not sure about Rivera.....and though Edwards Marty-ties concern me, what he's done and the flexibility he's shown (compared to other Marty clones) makes me less concerned.

Forentz seems popular with some here; I don't have good feelings about Lewis, or Trgovac.....maybe Williams, but MOhillbilly is sure he isn't even considering it. :hmmm:

I am sorry but I don't believe any of that Mohillbilly bunk - did you read what Williams said in the Washington Post? He was practically drooling over the oportunity.

Mr. Kotter

No FRIGGIN' way. I would NOT be happy with Mariucci....he runs his ship way too loosely; that's precisely what these guys DON'T need at this point.

Bowser
Seriously, why would any coach want to coach a team ran by Millen after the way he did Mariucci?

TRR
12-30-2005, 10:26 PM
No FRIGGIN' way. I would NOT be happy with Mariucci....he runs his ship way too loosely; that's precisely what these guys DON'T need at this point.

You get a coach in here that is going to run a "tight" ship, and you'll see Roaf and Shields hang em up immediately, followed by Priest Holmes, soon to be followed by Trent Green, and a trade me - trade me whine by LJ every week.

Phobia
12-30-2005, 10:27 PM
I am sorry but I don't believe any of that Mohillbilly bunk - did you read what Williams said in the Washington Post? He was practically drooling over the oportunity.

I think I would if I were you. Gregg is gonna be PC with a Post reporter. He's gonna give the actual dirt to family.

tk13
12-30-2005, 10:28 PM
Seriously, why would any coach want to coach a team ran by Millen after the way he did Mariucci?
After working for Carl for about 15 years, he probably considers anything a step up... :)

tk13
12-30-2005, 10:29 PM
I don't know his intentions, but I doubt he's gonna come flat out and say "No way am I coaching THAT team" in the media....

Phobia
12-30-2005, 10:29 PM

Which is why there's a chance this deal could fall through. Saunders will need some assurances.

Bowser
12-30-2005, 10:30 PM
After working for Carl for about 15 years, he probably considers anything a step up... :)

Point.

ROFL

But, BUT, do they have REAL fans in Dee-twah?

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2005, 10:33 PM
You get a coach in here that is going to run a "tight" ship, and you'll see Roaf and Shields hang em up immediately, followed by Priest Holmes, soon to be followed by Trent Green, and a trade me - trade me whine by LJ every week.

I think you are underestimating some of those guys. Shields and Holmes? Maybe, but they are already gone. Roaf? I don't see it, from his interviews. Green? And who's gonna step in for him? Todd Collins? I don't think so. LJ? Maybe. But not if he wants to show his maturity, and angle for the big contract.

Mosbonian
12-30-2005, 10:36 PM
Phil...

Sent you a PM....

mmaddog

dirk digler
12-30-2005, 10:39 PM

Isn't this called Tampering 101?

Phobia
12-30-2005, 10:41 PM
Isn't this called Tampering 101?

Yes. Don't get caught is the name of the game. It happens every year with every team. We know it. Tags knows it. It's essentially a stupid rule.

Iowanian
12-30-2005, 10:43 PM
I think its plausible.

I think Saunders could do alright with the WRs and RB in Detroit now.

I'll be glad he's there instead of a canidate here personally. Saunders leaving also gives a good heads up that DV is gone IMO.

Logical
I saw this on the other BB, anybody in the KC area see this newscast?
At the top of the NBC KSHB 41 newscast they had breaking news out of arrowhead with Michelle Loidner that they had spoken with a highly ranked chiefs official that Dick Vermeil WILL RETIRE effective sunday and that a high ranking coach would also be gone (Al Saunders?). They showed footage of dick vermeils family and friends at his final practice today including vermeils wife and some grandkids, helping fuel the speculation even more. They said effective sunday vermeil will retire. It was on at 10pm immediately at 10:25pm on NBC Action news, Michelle Loidner talked about AL Saunders, and that high ranking official also said, that Al Saunders would accept the job at the detriot lions head coach on monday. Loidner said they spoke with al saunders but because of the tampering clause, al couldn't confirm he had accepted the job and that he would not be able to comment until monday on it.

Bowser
Yes. Don't get caught is the name of the game. It happens every year with every team. We know it. Tags knows it. It's essentially a stupid rule.

Good thing for them that it's not being broadcast over the intra-web right about now......

:D

dirk digler
12-30-2005, 10:45 PM
If what Vlad posted is true then the Chiefs must have let the Lions grant permission to speak to Saunders.

I understand what you are saying Phil but there is no way the Chiefs didn't know about this.

tk13
12-30-2005, 10:46 PM
Considering Jack Harry of channel 41 is in cahoots with Nick Athan, that would not be surprising.

tk13
12-30-2005, 10:47 PM
If what Vlad posted is true then the Chiefs must have let the Lions grant permission to speak to Saunders.

I understand what you are saying Phil but there is no way the Chiefs didn't know about this.
Yeah but Carl doesn't care, he wasn't going to ever seriously consider Al anyway....

jspchief
12-30-2005, 10:50 PM
Considering Jack Harry of channel 41 is in cahoots with Nick Athan, that would not be surprising.I hope this comes true.

The last thing i want is to start considering Phobia in the same company as Harry and Athan.

VonneMarie
12-30-2005, 10:50 PM
Sounds like something is up. Found this on a Lions board.

WDIV reports Al Saunders, KC Offensive Coordinator, will be named the next Lion head coach next week at the conclusion of the season.

KC offense.

Hmm, Harrington maybe isn't going anywhere. At least the WCO would be a thing of the past.
Re: New Lion Head Coach to be Named

Logical
12-30-2005, 10:51 PM
Considering Jack Harry of channel 41 is in cahoots with Nick Athan, that would not be surprising.I was not commenting on validity, I just wondered if anyone could confirm the story was on tonight.

chiefs4me
12-30-2005, 10:52 PM

Saunders is likely to take the Detroit job as early as Monday assuming the Chiefs don't make the post-season.

glad you could drop in for a visit...now where is my christmas present???;)

dirk digler
12-30-2005, 10:53 PM
Yeah but Carl doesn't care, he wasn't going to ever seriously consider Al anyway....

I don't get why the Chiefs would allow one of their assistant coaches to interview for a job during the season. This is BS.

jspchief
12-30-2005, 10:56 PM
I don't get why the Chiefs would allow one of their assistant coaches to interview for a job during the season. This is BS.Maybe because they want to do the right thing for Saunders. If they already know that he won't be back with the Chiefs, why not let the man work on finding his next job? Seems like a decent thing to do.

Bowser
12-30-2005, 10:57 PM
Well, does Saunders take his staff with him? Or does Charlie Joiner become our next O-Coordinator?

Phobia
12-30-2005, 10:59 PM
I hope this comes true.

The last thing i want is to start considering Phobia in the same company as Harry and Athan.

I know it's hard to believe but I'm probably going to be wrong once or twice. But I plan to leave myself a little wiggle room. If you see me posting something as "definite", then it's real strong information.

This story still has a chance of falling through, but that will be due to contract problems.

dirk digler
12-30-2005, 11:00 PM
Maybe because they want to do the right thing for Saunders. If they already know that he won't be back with the Chiefs, why not let the man work on finding his next job? Seems like a decent thing to do.

During the season and while this team is still fighting for a playoff spot?
The ****ing whole organization has become soft.

Phobia
12-30-2005, 11:01 PM
Well, does Saunders take his staff with him? Or does Charlie Joiner become our next O-Coordinator?

As far as I know, most the staff is not under contract next year. Saunders will probably take some of his guys along.

Phobia
12-30-2005, 11:01 PM
The ****ing whole organization has become soft.

Maybe they're coaxing the Lions to play better.

dirk digler
12-30-2005, 11:04 PM
Maybe they're coaxing the Lions to play better.

Good point... :hmmm:

But I don't buy it

jspchief
12-30-2005, 11:06 PM
I know it's hard to believe but I'm probably going to be wrong once or twice. But I plan to leave myself a little wiggle room. If you see me posting something as "definite", then it's real strong information.

This story still has a chance of falling through, but that will be due to contract problems.I know you're not reporting this as fact or anything.

I just have a notion of what kind of journalism Athan and Harry use, and I'd prefer to think of you in a different light.

jspchief
12-30-2005, 11:07 PM
The ****ing whole organization has become soft.I imagine it's more about Saunders' agent then Al himself. I also doubt the Chiefs would let it go on if they felt it was hampering Saunders' ability to perform his current job.

Phobia
12-30-2005, 11:08 PM
Bah, I'm going to be an idiot journalist. I'm a fan of the game. I'm going to report things from the perspective of a fan and never take myself too seriously. I think the average fan will enjoy my flavor.

Bowser
12-30-2005, 11:10 PM
Bah, I'm going to be an idiot journalist. I'm a fan of the game. I'm going to report things from the perspective of a fan and never take myself too seriously. I think the average fan will enjoy my flavor.

You really need to change the quote in your sig before you post things like this.

Phobia
12-30-2005, 11:12 PM
Open up, Bowser.

nomad
12-30-2005, 11:15 PM
Lets see... the game is on Saturday, and Saunders will be signed announced on Monday.

Isn't Saunders currently under contract?

Sounds like we should be compensated a couple of draft picks from the Lions for TAMPERING....

Make up for the ones we will have to give the Jets by the time Carl ends up screwing up the whole HC job search before it gets started.

Phobia
12-30-2005, 11:20 PM
The NFL doesn't do draft pick compensation for coaches any longer. The competition committee nixed that a couple years back. I'm sure a tampering penalty will be a significant fine in the future.

cdcox
12-30-2005, 11:22 PM
I imagine it's more about Saunders' agent then Al himself. I also doubt the Chiefs would let it go on if they felt it was hampering Saunders' ability to perform his current job.

You can have information before anyone else, or you can have 100% accurate information, but you can't have both.

Take for example this story. You knew it before anyone else. No, wait. Phobia and Athan knew it before you. Plus several Al Saudners. I imaging he told his family, too.

Well, on to a better example. If you wait long enough, you can have 100% accurate information. Take the Kennedy assasination...

chefsos
12-30-2005, 11:26 PM
Lets see... the game is on Saturday, and Saunders will be signed announced on Monday.

Isn't Saunders currently under contract?

Sounds like we should be compensated a couple of draft picks from the Lions for TAMPERING....

Make up for the ones we will have to give the Jets by the time Carl ends up screwing up the whole HC job search before it gets started.

Nope. See, Millen and Al are gonna accidentally cross paths really late on Sunday, see, somewhere between KC and Pittsburgh. Umm...Indiana or somewhere. Right? And they'll get to talking, Millen will fall into a huge mancrush when Al draws up a surefire play in which Joey can't help but complete a TD pass. To all 7 WR's. Millen will flip over the napkin and write a number on it, lots of 00's. Done.

chappy
12-30-2005, 11:31 PM
i wish he started this week maybe he could devise a plan to beat the steelers.

shaneo69
12-30-2005, 11:47 PM
Not surprising. I actually got one right for once... haha Not that I actually have any sources... but I'd believe it, with all the young offensive weapons Detroit has I figured Al would be extremely interested in that job.

Millen: "Can you win with Harrington?"

Al: "Sure, I can win with Harrington."

Millen: "You're hired."

tk13
12-30-2005, 11:55 PM

Haha, you're probably not far off. Al has always been high on Harrington, we were always in the rumor mill in trading for him. Plus I'm sure he's drooling over the opportunity to work with their skill position players... Mike Williams, Roy Williams... maybe even Charles Rogers. Kevin Jones at RB. He'll have tools.

PastorMikH
12-31-2005, 12:10 AM

He can probably win with Harrington, It's Millen that will hamper his success.

SBK
12-31-2005, 12:24 AM
I don't know why but reading this makes me sad. What a wasted opportunity this team was to the Chiefs.

Mr. Kotter
12-31-2005, 12:25 AM
I don't know why but reading this makes me sad. What a wasted opportunity this team was to the Chiefs.

That's my reaction too.

I think Saunders could have kept the thing rolling at least another year or two. Whoever comes in now, short of Edwards or Fisher, is unlikely to hit the ground running....

SBK
12-31-2005, 12:28 AM
That's my reaction too.

I think Saunders could have kept the thing rolling at least another year or two. Whoever comes in now, short of Edwards or Fisher, is unlikely to hit the ground running....

This team is gonna get busted up. 3 years from now we'll have the exact opposite of what we've had. We'll have an all world defense and a 2 cent offense.

Mr. Kotter
12-31-2005, 12:33 AM
This team is gonna get busted up. 3 years from now we'll have the exact opposite of what we've had. We'll have an all world defense and a 2 cent offense.

Depends on who they hire. With Edwards or Fisher, I would be willing to bet we can milk another competitive year or two out of the crew we have--while improving the Defense. With good drafts and FA moves, we wouldn't miss a beat as we moved toward becoming a more balanced team.

Anyone else, and I suspect there will be a transition time....and possible prolonged "rebuilding." :banghead:

tk13
12-31-2005, 12:35 AM
If we're lucky. This offense has been #1 in either points or yards for four years running now, at least depending on what happens Sunday. That is tough to stay at that kind of elite level for any unit. Even under Marty our defense never had that kinda consistency in the rankings.

SBK
12-31-2005, 12:42 AM
If we're lucky. This offense has been #1 in either points or yards for four years running now, at least depending on what happens Sunday. That is tough to stay at that kind of elite level for any unit. Even under Marty our defense never had that kinda consistency in the rankings.

Yeah, that's true. All these coaching rumors and I have been hoping we'd bring someone in that will keep the current offensive system, and fix the D. If the Titans dropped Fischer, I'd take him, Herm Edwards might be okay, so long as he keeps that frickin west coast offense the heck out of here might not be bad.

It's obvious we need some kind of change though, our d has sucked nuts for way too long. It's too bad to have a record breaking offense and a back breaking defense.

chefsos
12-31-2005, 12:44 AM
About midseason this year, I decided that I wasn't going to take the things that this offense has done for granted anymore, because the end is indeed coming. Don't know when, but sooner than I'd like.

We're all going to be telling increasingly outrageous stories about these guys years from now, and I want to make sure that I'm paying attention to now, what I'm going to lie about later.

KcMizzou
12-31-2005, 12:46 AM
About midseason this year, I decided that I wasn't going to take the things that this offense has done for granted anymore, because the end is indeed coming. Don't know when, but sooner than I'd like.

We're all going to be telling increasingly outrageous stories about these guys years from now, and I want to make sure that I'm paying attention to now, what I'm going to lie about later. Very true.

SBK
12-31-2005, 12:47 AM

We're all going to be telling increasingly outrageous stories about these guys years from now, and I want to make sure that I'm paying attention to now, what I'm going to lie about later.

I've had that feeling too. Watching LJ this year has been insane. What an unbelievable run he's had. Since he became the starter he has been the best in the biz, hands down. Unbelievable.

tk13
12-31-2005, 12:48 AM

ROFL "Man, that one time, Larry Johnson ran through all 11 guys! Twice! Willie Roaf was out there molesting defensive linemen like Shawn Kemp knocked up the groupies of the NBA!"

Mr. Kotter
12-31-2005, 12:56 AM
ROFL "Man, that one time, Larry Johnson ran through all 11 guys! Twice! Willie Roaf was out there molesting defensive linemen like Shawn Kemp knocked up the groupies of the NBA!"
ROFL

"You remember that one time, actually the second time out of 20 times that Dante returned a kick for a TD against Denver? You should have seen the stiff arm he laid out Romanowski--he broke his jaw. He literally juked all 12 Broncos at least once, YES there were 12 on the field....and several of them multiple times, as he criss-crossed the field six times, and retreated 60 yds at one point. Man, he was something."

keg in kc
12-31-2005, 12:59 AM
Oh, don't you guys worry, Al Saunders is really an idiot and we've prospered on offense despite him.

Didn't you get the memo?

Mr. Kotter
12-31-2005, 01:02 AM
Oh, don't you guys worry, Al Saunders is really an idiot and we've prospered on offense despite him.

Didn't you get the memo?

Damn it, Carl!!! :cuss:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

el borracho
12-31-2005, 01:03 AM
Wouldn't it be tampering if Millen has already approached one of our coaches about a position with another team?

Ultra Peanut
12-31-2005, 01:04 AM

Saunders is likely to take the Detroit job as early as Monday assuming the Chiefs don't make the post-season.Thanks, Nick.

Count Zarth
12-31-2005, 01:04 AM
Wouldn't it be tampering if Millen has already approached one of our coaches about a position with another team?

Yeah, maybe. So what?

Mr. Kotter
12-31-2005, 01:05 AM

Yeah, but now it's only a "fine" instead of draft choices.

keg in kc
12-31-2005, 01:06 AM
Wouldn't it be tampering if Millen has already approached one of our coaches about a position with another team?I'm sure Tagliabue will find some way to make us give up picks for it.

tk13
12-31-2005, 01:09 AM
Yeah, the real biggie would be that they didn't interview a minority candidate. That'd be the 2nd straight time Millen has done that. I bet Tags whaps him upside the head real good for that....

SBK
12-31-2005, 01:29 AM
Yeah, the real biggie would be that they didn't interview a minority candidate. That'd be the 2nd straight time Millen has done that. I bet Tags whaps him upside the head real good for that....

ROFL I forgot about that.

Seriously, that rule is retarted. If you truly want to eliminate race as an issue, you don't make race THE issue.

Tags, your and idiot.

mikey23545
12-31-2005, 04:46 AM
Somehow, I feel the first chill wind of autumn just blew across Arrowhead stadium...

And a long cold winter is sure to follow...

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 05:18 AM
Somehow, I feel the first chill wind of autumn just blew across Arrowhead stadium...

And a long cold winter is sure to follow...

Yep. We'll never have another winning season.

Rausch
12-31-2005, 06:02 AM
Matt Millen is the kiss of death.... if Mooch can't win there, what are the chances of Saunders winning?

Good.

Mooch hans't ever won $3it. He's done NOTHING in the NFL.

Count Zarth
12-31-2005, 06:04 AM
Mooch hans't ever won $3it. He's done NOTHING in the NFL.

More than Saunders ever did as a head coach.

Rausch
12-31-2005, 06:04 AM

Be sure and kick Athan in the nuts for me.

Oh, and once again than your parents for putting up with my $#it. They're good people...

Rausch
12-31-2005, 06:05 AM
More than Saunders ever did as a head coach.

Great comparison.

Let's just bet on which hobo wins a fight over a 40 and name him the next HC...

Ari Chi3fs
12-31-2005, 06:07 AM
I guess this is incentive for Detroit to lose to Pittsburgh, innit?

stevieray
12-31-2005, 06:08 AM
Yep. We'll never have another winning season.
Chances are we'll never see another offense like his.

Count Zarth
12-31-2005, 06:10 AM
Great comparison.

Let's just bet on which hobo wins a fight over a 40 and name him the next HC...

Well, I think you are underselling Mooch.

What he did in San Francisco was no easy task.

Rausch
12-31-2005, 06:14 AM
Well, I think you are underselling Mooch.

What he did in San Francisco was no easy task.

True.

For 3 seasons we didn't hear shit out of TO...

ILChief
12-31-2005, 07:22 AM
Chances are we'll never see another offense like his.

or a defense like this :)

stevieray
12-31-2005, 07:24 AM
or a defense like this :)

al coaches defense?

morphius
12-31-2005, 07:25 AM
Did we say that the Lions could talk to Saunders already?

FringeNC
12-31-2005, 08:14 AM
Our next OC will have it easy. See, it's always the head coach''s fault. Even if our next OC has the #28 and 31 ranked offense in the league, everyone will conclude he deserves an extension.

jspchief
12-31-2005, 08:27 AM
Yeah, but now it's only a "fine" instead of draft choices.Not neccessarily.

The league banned draft picks as compensation. That doesn't mean they won't take picks as punishment. It just means that KC won't benefit from it.

nychief
12-31-2005, 08:32 AM
Couple of thoughts: 1) Didn't the Lions get a HUGE fine for not interviewing minority candidates with the Mooch hire? I believe it was around 1/2 a milllion. 2) Warpaint illustrated and the rest of the bloggin' easy bake journalist on the web are a joke.

Hoover
12-31-2005, 08:34 AM
Why on earth would the Fords want to keep Millen? I would think they would throw his ass out to the curb and get a new GM.

Bowser
12-31-2005, 08:38 AM
Why on earth would the Fords want to keep Millen? I would think they would throw his ass out to the curb and get a new GM.

Because he drives an Expedition.

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 08:50 AM
Our next OC will have it easy. See, it's always the head coach''s fault. Even if our next OC has the #28 and 31 ranked offense in the league, everyone will conclude he deserves an extension.

ROFL

You're still whining about Gunther. And you still don't get it.

Gunther is a failure. His BOSS is Dick Vermeil. They're BOTH to blame.

Phobia
12-31-2005, 08:55 AM
Couple of thoughts: 1) Didn't the Lions get a HUGE fine for not interviewing minority candidates with the Mooch hire? I believe it was around 1/2 a milllion. 2) Warpaint illustrated and the rest of the bloggin' easy bake journalist on the web are a joke.

That fine was a joke. Millen tried to interview minority candidates. They wouldn't interview with him. This is the only time you'll see me defending Millen.

You may think Warpaint and the rest of the "bloggin' easy bake journalist" are a joke but there's a lot of people who don't, including the NFL organizations themselves. We have a unique opportunity to provide some coverage you wouldn't typically see in your local news. We're trying to improve.

FringeNC
12-31-2005, 09:06 AM
ROFL

We'll see who the rest of the league holds accountable. If Gun is immediately snatched up as a DC....If he never sniffs a job offer....

nychief
12-31-2005, 09:07 AM
That fine was a joke. Millen tried to interview minority candidates. They wouldn't interview with him. This is the only time you'll see me defending Millen.

You may think Warpaint and the rest of the "bloggin' easy bake journalist" are a joke but there's a lot of people who don't, including the NFL organizations themselves. We have a unique opportunity to provide some coverage you wouldn't typically see in your local news. We're trying to improve.

Sorry phobe, no offense. must have coffee...

Count Zarth
12-31-2005, 09:09 AM
2) Warpaint illustrated and the rest of the bloggin' easy bake journalist on the web are a joke.

Are you trying to say WPI is on par with Wild Bill's Chiefs?

cdcox
12-31-2005, 09:14 AM
We'll see who the rest of the league holds accountable. If Gun is immediately snatched up as a DC....If he never sniffs a job offer....

If he immediately gets an offer as coordinator, he will join an elite group of coordinators that are never out of work long, that includes the likes of Paul Hackett and Jimmy Raye.

Phobia
12-31-2005, 09:14 AM
Sorry phobe, no offense. must have coffee...

Don't worry about it. I don't offend easily. I have thick skin and know that WI has earned a lot of the criticism it receives. But I would caution professional journalists not to look down their collective nose at the "bloggers" quite so haughtily. There's a LOT of people who are taking us seriously. There's a lot of people who matter taking us seriously.

Here's a couple:
The Redskins organization.
Fox Sports.

cdcox
12-31-2005, 09:21 AM
Juicy stories (and rumors) are frequently broken by amatures on websites, message boards, blogs, and the like several hours before they are confirmed on the websites run by conventional media. You have to do some filtering, but that's the dues you pay if you want your information fast.

FringeNC
12-31-2005, 09:27 AM
Juicy stories (and rumors) are frequently broken by amatures on websites, message boards, blogs, and the like several hours before they are confirmed on the websites run by conventional media. You have to do some filtering, but that's the dues you pay if you want your information fast.

I agree, but the Edwards' out is not fast breaking. There have been months of speculation about Edwards' leaving NY, and if no New York reporter was able to obtain the info regarding the out, that's pretty bad...

patteeu
12-31-2005, 09:28 AM
Warpaint illustrated and the rest of the bloggin' easy bake journalist on the web are a joke.

Kind of like the New York Times, eh?

penchief
12-31-2005, 09:33 AM

I'd prefer Mariucci, too.

Mr. Laz
12-31-2005, 09:45 AM
WE'RE GOING TO SIGN TY LAW!!! YESSSSS!!!!
Point.

ROFL

But, BUT, do they have REAL fans in Dee-twah?
this dam place won't let me give you anymore rep... :) ROFL

Mr. Laz
12-31-2005, 09:47 AM
a lot of people who matter taking us seriously.
that's just wrong, man :shake:

Mr. Laz
12-31-2005, 09:49 AM
ROFL

and ... and ... your almost there, you can do it :clap:

Mr. Kotter
12-31-2005, 09:52 AM
I'd prefer Mariucci, too.

You and TRR must be racists then. Just tryin' to keep the black man down, and all. :harumph:

(Sorry, heh; I'm just channeling 13and3 and his thread.....;))

Mr. Laz
12-31-2005, 09:54 AM
You and TRR must be racists then. Just tryin' to keep the black man down, and all. :harumph:

(Sorry, heh; I'm just channeling 13and3 and his thread.....;))
i respect your honesty

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 09:56 AM

What does job offers have to do anything? Guys like Rich Kotite got 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances.

NORV TURNER. No further explanation necessary.

The NFL is a good old boys network. So whether or not Gunther gets a job is immaterial.

It's quite simple. You don't believe a head coach should be held responsible for the success or failure of his coordinators, even if he hired them. More power to you. You'd be one of handful of people that actually believe it. NOBODY affiliated with the NFL, college football, the papers, ESPN, or anybody else, would agree with you.

Mr. Kotter
12-31-2005, 09:56 AM
i respect your honesty

I respect your breasts....

er, eh....at least the ones in your sig. :p

Mr. Laz
12-31-2005, 10:00 AM
I respect your breasts....

er, eh....at least the ones in your sig. :pwhat about my sexy thighs and tight tushie?

nychief
12-31-2005, 10:03 AM

please.

dirk digler
12-31-2005, 10:12 AM

Wrong forum n00b

FringeNC
12-31-2005, 10:20 AM
What does job offers have to do anything? Guys like Rich Kotite got 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances.

NORV TURNER. No further explanation necessary.

The NFL is a good old boys network. So whether or not Gunther gets a job is immaterial.

It's quite simple. You don't believe a head coach should be held responsible for the success or failure of his coordinators, even if he hired them. More power to you. You'd be one of handful of people that actually believe it. NOBODY affiliated with the NFL, college football, the papers, ESPN, or anybody else, would agree with you.

Yeah right. Believe what you want to believe. GMs know what Vermeil brings to the table, and could easily get another job if he wanted.

bringbackmarty
12-31-2005, 10:46 AM
I'm sorry, but what is the new information here? We knew Millen has a hard on for Saunders, and that he would be a good fit for the talent they have on offense, and that in all likelyhood there would be a vacancy there.
We also know that petersen is not going to retain al for a number of reasons mostly cause he doesn't like him.
Saxon will be our O.C., or maybe Solari. Joiner could be it too. Williams, Herm, Haslett, or perhaps Mooch in the HC position, with Williams most likely.
I think one of the positions will be filled from within, and one from outside.

cdcox
12-31-2005, 11:32 AM
Some additional details of this rumor:

http://mb27.scout.com/fchiefsinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=7674.topic

The interview took place last week between the two sides after the Lions received permission from the Kansas City Chiefs.

Furthermore, one concern was whether or not the Lions abided by the league's minority hiring process. According to the Lions insider source, the Lions conducted a phone interview with a minority candidate around the time Saunders was interviewed.

Maurice Carthon was the minority candidate interviewed. He's the current Cleveland OC and former Lions' RB coach.

Also, the Detroit Lions have cancelled their end of season press conference, scheduled for (coincidentally enough) Monday.

(This was by the lions insider on their website)

Mr. Laz
12-31-2005, 11:39 AM
Some additional details of this rumor:

http://mb27.scout.com/fchiefsinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=7674.topic

The interview took place last week between the two sides after the Lions received permission from the Kansas City Chiefs.

Furthermore, one concern was whether or not the Lions abided by the league's minority hiring process. According to the Lions insider source, the Lions conducted a phone interview with a minority candidate around the time Saunders was interviewed.

Maurice Carthon was the minority candidate interviewed. He's the current Cleveland OC and former Lions' RB coach.

Also, the Detroit Lions have cancelled their end of season press conference, scheduled for (coincidentally enough) Monday.

(This was by the lions insider on their website)

the chiefs wouldn't of given the lions permission(if they actually did) to talk to saunders if they were really going to consider him to replace Vermeil imo.

cdcox
12-31-2005, 11:41 AM
the chiefs wouldn't of given the lions permission(if they actually did) to talk to saunders if they were really going to consider him to replace Vermeil imo.

Every indication for weeks has been that they weren't going to give AS serious consideration.

patteeu
12-31-2005, 11:57 AM
Wrong forum n00b

What forum do comments about journalists go in? Did we start a new MediaCriticPlanet forum or something?

nychief
12-31-2005, 11:58 AM
What forum do comments about journalists go in? Did we start a new MediaCriticPlanet forum or something?
ROFL

nascher
12-31-2005, 11:59 AM
Martz could be our OC if DV stays.

nychief
12-31-2005, 12:00 PM

that might work.

CHIEF4EVER
12-31-2005, 12:01 PM
We are in serious trouble if DV leaves THIS year.

cdcox
12-31-2005, 12:02 PM

Pigs could fly if they had wings.

Mr. Kotter
12-31-2005, 12:07 PM
We are in serious trouble if DV leaves THIS year.

I'm not convinced he's leaving. Yes, it "looks" that way....but with Saunders headed to Detroit, I'm thinking he might have a last minute change of heart.

As much as I'd like to see a new coach, IMO there are only 4 or 5 available that might work well in the short term...and each of them are in situations that might land them someplace other than KC.

FringeNC
12-31-2005, 12:09 PM
I'm not convinced he's leaving. Yes, it "looks" that way....but with Saunders headed to Detroit, I'm thinking he might have a last minute change of heart.

As much as I'd like to see a new coach, IMO there are only 4 or 5 available that might work well in the short term...and each of them are in situations that might land them someplace other than KC.

I don't think it's up to DV. Reading between the lines, it appears he couldn't come back without a multi-year committment.

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 12:11 PM
Yeah right. Believe what you want to believe. GMs know what Vermeil brings to the table, and could easily get another job if he wanted.

Way to change the subject.

Whether or not DV could gain employment is irrelevant. I can name a hundred coaches that got jobs after failure.

The question is whether or not DV is responsible for the defensive failures of this team.

You want to lay the blame on Gunther and absolve DV. It's as if the 3 years under someone other than Gunther don't exist.

Mr. Kotter
12-31-2005, 12:13 PM
I don't think it's up to DV. Reading between the lines, it appears he couldn't come back without a multi-year committment.

Where are you getting that impression?

Whoever comes in, depending on how things go.....it could easily be a two years and done kinda deal. I mean, DV for "one more year" could be a reasonable bridge to the future of the franchise, instead of hiring what I view, potentially, as a lame duck.

That's why I think, if it's not DV....it's gonna be someone who can step in right away; someone who can hit the ground running. That's why, if I were a betting man....I'd be thinking Herman Edwards. It just makes perfect sense, for all involved.

kcfanXIII
12-31-2005, 12:24 PM
I hope this comes true.

too late....

DenverChief
12-31-2005, 12:40 PM

ROFL

CHIEF4EVER
12-31-2005, 12:41 PM
I'd be thinking Herman Edwards. It just makes perfect sense, for all involved.

That is exactly who I was afraid of. He is too tight with CP and would turn us into a clone of the friggin Jets.

nychief
12-31-2005, 12:44 PM
That is exactly who I was afraid of. He is too tight with CP and would turn us into a clone of the friggin Jets.

the jets are a clone of the chiefs.... Edwards would be a precurser to Bradway coming here after he gets shit-canned in New York. They hate him up here.

chiefqueen
12-31-2005, 12:48 PM
The season won't end 'til tomorrow. When did Millen interview a minority candidate?

jspchief
12-31-2005, 12:52 PM
The season won't end 'til tomorrow. When did Millen interview a minority candidate?Supposedly he interviewed Maurice Carthon last week.

the Talking Can
12-31-2005, 12:55 PM
Supposedly he interviewed Maurice Carthon last week.

Athan is reporting he interviewed Maurice Clarett

CHIEF4EVER
12-31-2005, 12:58 PM
Edwards would be a precurser to Bradway coming here after he gets shit-canned in New York. They hate him up here.

I couldn't imagine why.......:rolleyes: ROFL

FringeNC
12-31-2005, 01:03 PM

ROFL

Hydrae
12-31-2005, 01:33 PM

I don't know about that. Ostriches have wings but they can't fly. :p

alanm
12-31-2005, 01:59 PM
Saunders doesn't have a staff in KC. They all work for Dick. If it's true and he retires, all Vermeils coaches, both offense and defense will most likely be looking for work. Some may go with Al. Get ready for a whole new staff. Both sides of the ball. :(
The offseason will be interesting. :)

cdcox
12-31-2005, 02:03 PM
Saunders doesn't have a staff in KC. They all work for Dick. If it's true and he retires, all Vermeils coaches, both offense and defense will most likely be looking for work. Some may go with Al. Get ready for a whole new staff. Both sides of the ball. :(
The offseason will be interesting. :)

If it turns out to be Edwards, I could see some or most of the offensive staff staying. Hope the same is not true for the defense, but Carl likes Gunther so...

Deberg_1990
12-31-2005, 02:08 PM
Its too bad Saban came out one year early. That guy is gonna be highly successful in the NFL.

OldTownChief
12-31-2005, 03:36 PM
I don't know about that. Ostriches have wings but they can't fly. :p

Yep...and Penguins. http://kos.li/

patteeu
12-31-2005, 03:46 PM
the jets are a clone of the chiefs.... Edwards would be a precurser to Bradway coming here after he gets shit-canned in New York. They hate him up here.

That's an interesting theory.

DTLB58
01-02-2006, 10:46 AM

I'm still waiting for this press conference to happen :p

The Bad Guy
01-02-2006, 11:00 AM
Athan swings and misses again.

Shocking.

Rain Man
01-02-2006, 11:05 AM
Millen isn't that smart.

milkman
01-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Athan swings and misses again.

Shocking.

Yes it is.

I can't even begin to express my utter dismay at this development!

FringeNC
01-02-2006, 11:26 AM
I guess Detroit is interviewing Rivera for DC, not HC, since Saunders has already been signed.

KC Kings
01-02-2006, 11:43 AM

Bloggin' easy bake journalist? All you have to do now is gain a couple hundred pounds and work on your tan and the Star will be knocking down your door.

KILLER_CLOWN
01-02-2006, 11:44 AM
It is totally amazing to me how many people wanna take shots at Athan, dude is always on top of his game. :)

siberian khatru
01-02-2006, 11:51 AM
It is totally amazing to me how many people wanna take shots at Athan, dude is always on top of his game. :)

Too bad that game's tiddlywinks.

Phobia
01-02-2006, 03:21 PM
It is totally amazing how many vultures are around.

How did anybody who read this thread take "Nick Athan says Saunders will be hired by Detroit TODAY BEFORE NOON"?

Will somebody please show me where this thread says that?

To me it says that Saunders is a leading candidate for the Detroit job - so strong that he could be named Monday or at some point shortly thereafter. Is that what everybody else read?

dirk digler
01-02-2006, 03:36 PM
It is totally amazing how many vultures are around.

How did anybody who read this thread take "Nick Athan says Saunders will be hired by Detroit TODAY BEFORE NOON"?

Will somebody please show me where this thread says that?

To me it says that Saunders is a leading candidate for the Detroit job - so strong that he could be named Monday or at some point shortly thereafter. Is that what everybody else read?

I don't know about Today at Noon but this is what you posted at #15

I am taking this post as the deal was done and it would be announced on Monday.

Keep up the good work though Phil I have been over there all day today and you guys get good info. Don't worry about the haters but you don't have to get all defensive.

DTLB58
01-02-2006, 03:42 PM
I don't know about Today at Noon but this is what you posted at #15

I am taking this post as the deal was done and it would be announced on Monday. Me too. So what gives?

Keep up the good work though Phil I have been over there all day today and you guys get good info. Don't worry about the haters but you don't have to get all defensive.

Phobia
01-02-2006, 03:43 PM
I thought I was pretty careful about the way I worded this thread. Some information we got said there was a noon press conference scheduled for Monday. Obviously that changed. The Chiefs had a Monday press conference scheduled as well but that changed to Tuesday. Shit changes in the NFL, guys. Every day something different is happening. I'm not going to manufacture stupid rumors to gain hits or sell newspapers. I've always taken my integrity seriously and that's one thing you can take to the bank.

dirk digler
01-02-2006, 03:46 PM
I thought I was pretty careful about the way I worded this thread. Some information we got said there was a noon press conference scheduled for Monday. Obviously that changed. The Chiefs had a Monday press conference scheduled as well but that changed to Tuesday. Shit changes in the NFL, guys. Every day something different is happening. I'm not going to manufacture stupid rumors to gain hits or sell newspapers. I've always taken my integrity seriously and that's one thing you can take to the bank.

I don't think anyone is laughing at you or questioning your integrity. I think, and I could be wrong, people still don't like or trust Nick and they think he is full of shit. This has nothing to do with you.

SLAG
01-02-2006, 03:46 PM

is that bank located over at www.scout.com (http://www.scout.com)

:p

Rain Man
01-02-2006, 03:47 PM
Watching Millen run a franchise must've been a lot like living under Caligula in Rome. It's brutal to be living under his regime, but at the same time there's an entertainment factor that can't be denied. For example, Millen is the only GM in the league who is reasonably likely to hire a horse as his head coach.

Matt Helm
01-02-2006, 03:47 PM

Just like a bad penny, always showing up.

This time full of rumors and inuendo!

Can we vote him off the island?

siberian khatru
01-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Watching Millen run a franchise must've been a lot like living under Caligula in Rome. It's brutal to be living under his regime, but at the same time there's an entertainment factor that can't be denied. For example, Millen is the only GM in the league who is reasonably likely to hire a horse as his head coach.

Is there lots of sex with Penthouse Pets, like in the movie?

Cochise
What the thread began sounding like to me was that the Detroit job had been offered to Saunders and he is likely to accept it - perhaps as early as Monday.

I'm questioning why this was being reported if the job had, in fact, NOT been offered to Saunders. Time will tell if that was the case or not.

I haven't heard or read anything else to substantiate it so I just take it for what it is - unsubstantiated rumor.

milkman

I didn't know Elway was looking for a HC gig!

Chiefnj
01-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Don't worry about it. I don't offend easily. I have thick skin and know that WI has earned a lot of the criticism it receives. But I would caution professional journalists not to look down their collective nose at the "bloggers" quite so haughtily. There's a LOT of people who are taking us seriously. There's a lot of people who matter taking us seriously.

Here's a couple:
The Redskins organization.
Fox Sports.

You are starting to sound like Sportswax with the name dropping.

Mr. Laz
01-02-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm still waiting for this press conference to happen :p
takes approximately 2 seconds for people to turn cannibal around here.

phobia was the leader ... now he's road kill

ROFL

Redcoats58
01-02-2006, 03:55 PM

He has contributed 100 fold to this board. What have you done since being here? Buzz off.

Rain Man
01-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Is there lots of sex with Penthouse Pets, like in the movie?

They would've had their own sex cruise this year on Lake Superior, but the boat company didn't believe that the X on the check was Millen's signature.

SLAG
01-02-2006, 03:58 PM
He has contributed 100 fold to this board. What have you done since being here? Buzz off.:clap::bravo:

Phobia
01-02-2006, 03:59 PM
You are starting to sound like Sportswax with the name dropping.

Heh. Not my style, dude. I simply don't give a shit who anybody is. I'm not starstruck by ANYBODY. If you think I'm name dropping at any point it's either because I'm not doing a good job of conveying my point or because you misunderstood. I'm pretty sure it was my fault this time.

Rain Man
01-02-2006, 04:00 PM
Cut phobia a break, people. He's a combat veteran.

Phobia
01-02-2006, 04:01 PM
I don't think anyone is laughing at you or questioning your integrity. I think, and I could be wrong, people still don't like or trust Nick and they think he is full of shit. This has nothing to do with you.

Nah - thanks Dirk. I just learned a valuable lesson. I weighed my choice of words heavily for the thread starter and fired off responses within the thread without much regard for the possibility that the Saunders story could flop. I'm new. I'll make mistakes - probably a lot of them. I can shoulder it.

WilliamTheIrish
01-02-2006, 04:02 PM

ROFL

How does Mo fit the interviews between assaults and robberies?

Matt Helm
01-02-2006, 04:04 PM
He has contributed 100 fold to this board. What have you done since being here? Buzz off.

Doesn't matter what he has done for this board or what I have done for this board. He defected and ran. Why don't you take your own advice and buzz off?

Matt Helm
01-02-2006, 04:04 PM
Cut phobia a break, people. He's a combat veteran.

:BS:

dirk digler
01-02-2006, 04:05 PM
Nah - thanks Dirk. I just learned a valuable lesson. I weighed my choice of words heavily for the thread starter and fired off responses within the thread without much regard for the possibility that the Saunders story could flop. I'm new. I'll make mistakes - probably a lot of them. I can shoulder it.

Just keep the info coming because no matter if the info falls through or is accurate I would rather hear it all than nothing and I think the majority of people here feel the same way.

Keep up the good work over there and keep us all informed please.

Phobia
01-02-2006, 04:06 PM
Keep talking, Tom. The more you talk, the smarter I look.

jiveturkey
01-02-2006, 04:08 PM
I appreciate any info we get at this point. It's not often that we're in the market for a coach.

I also understand that things change so please don't let the whiney bitches stop you from hooking us. Info is the whole reason that I come here.

Cochise
Doesn't matter what he has done for this board or what I have done for this board. He defected and ran. Why don't you take your own advice and buzz off?

This isn't the freaking military you douche. Going to another message board is not tantamount to treason. Why do you give a rat's ass what message board someone else reads?

Oh, I forgot, your personal vendettas. Well, spare us all the drama. Everyone knows you follow Phobia around the internet yapping like a chihuahua. Your obsession with him is more than a little disturbing. Seek help.

Mr. Laz
Keep talking, Tom. The more you talk, the smarter I look.
now that you don't work here anymore can we see the nekkid pictures of pink? :)

jiveturkey
01-02-2006, 04:09 PM
Just keep the info coming because no matter if the info falls through or is accurate I would rather hear it all than nothing and I think the majority of people here feel the same way.

Keep up the good work over there and keep us all informed please.
You type faster than me.

I'm with ya, keep it comin'.

Redcoats58
01-02-2006, 04:11 PM
Why would I do that when I can tell you to buzz off and stay here. He defected? Come on man you can do better then that. The most I've seen you do here is tell people what fake fans they are. Aren't you the same guy with 10 user names? Who are you today schizo?

Cochise
01-02-2006, 04:11 PM
You type faster than me.

I'm with ya, keep it comin'.

I agree. WPI has earned the grain of salt taken with its information, but I would rather have rumor you have to take at face value than no information at all.

dirk digler
01-02-2006, 04:16 PM
I agree. WPI has earned the grain of salt taken with its information, but I would rather have rumor you have to take at face value than no information at all.

Yep.

Redcoats58
01-02-2006, 04:17 PM

Oh and also, I would imagine if we actually did do any voting off the island, you and your 10 personalities would be the first to hit the door. Next...

Skip Towne
01-02-2006, 04:19 PM
Phil does have credibility here and I'm sure he would not intentionally post something false. But as the old saying goes "If you lay down with dogs, you wake up with fleas".

htismaqe
01-02-2006, 04:21 PM

Yep.

C-Mac
01-02-2006, 04:25 PM
Phil does have credibility here and I'm sure he would not intentionally post something false. But as the old saying goes "If you lay down with dogs, you wake up with fleas".

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who left."

Rain Man
01-02-2006, 04:26 PM

"The only difference between pornography and erotica is the lighting."

SLAG
01-02-2006, 04:28 PM

"Erotic Is when you use a feather, Kinky is when you use the Whole Chicken"

Matt Helm
01-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Why would I do that when I can tell you to buzz off and stay here. He defected? Come on man you can do better then that. The most I've seen you do here is tell people what fake fans they are. Aren't you the same guy with 10 user names? Who are you today schizo?

Your grasp on the history of this board is skewed. I have had more than the typical poster when it comes to ID's, but what you all have missed is the fact that I have not had multiple logins like some of you for quite a while. But, why should I try to give a little fact about the matter, you all have had your opinions of the matter given to you.

Matt Helm
01-02-2006, 04:29 PM
Oh and also, I would imagine if we actually did do any voting off the island, you and your 10 personalities would be the first to hit the door. Next...

:rolleyes:

Have at it bosco.

C-Mac
01-02-2006, 04:30 PM

"Man who jump off cliff, jump to conclusion"

Skip Towne
01-02-2006, 04:31 PM
Yep, let's do it.

Matt Helm
01-02-2006, 04:32 PM
Yep, let's do it.

Right after we do you!

Skip Towne
01-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Right after we do you!
We? Like you've got any friends on here.

go bowe
01-02-2006, 04:47 PM
ooh ooh...

can i be his friend?

i haven't done anything despicable yet this year... :D

Rain Man
01-02-2006, 05:07 PM
ooh ooh...

can i be his friend?

i haven't done anything despicable yet this year... :D

Liar.

Matt Helm
01-02-2006, 05:11 PM
We? Like you've got any friends on here.
More than you think skippy.

Not to dis anyone, but skippy, do you actually think that a true friend is someone you meet on a bb? If you do you need to get out more often.

A friend is someone that will come to your house when you lose a family member. A friend is someone that you will do anything for if they are in need. It's hard to have a friend that can do either of those on a bb. At best they can send you a few words of consolation when you have a loss.

Get a life and find some flesh and blood friends, after all you claim to be old and that being the case I don't know if you will have enough friends to be your pall bearers.

Skip Towne
01-02-2006, 05:17 PM

Not to dis anyone, but skippy, do you actually think that a true friend is someone you meet on a bb? If you do you need to get out more often.

A friend is someone that will come to your house when you lose a family member. A friend is someone that you will do anything for if they are in need. It's hard to have a friend that can do either of those on a bb. At best they can send you a few words of consolation when you have a loss.

Get a life and find some flesh and blood friends, after all you claim to be old and that being the case I don't know if you will have enough friends to be your pall bearers.
Like I need any advice from a shit-for-brains like you. F*ck off.

KcMizzou
01-02-2006, 05:21 PM
I don't know if you will have enough friends to be your pall bearers.What a horrible thing to say. Wow.

WilliamTheIrish
01-02-2006, 05:22 PM
I'll carry Skip's casket.

Course I'll wear a powercat sweatshirt doing it...

Phobia
01-02-2006, 05:27 PM
I have a lot of friends I've met online, Tom. You think the people on the other end of your caustic responses are electronic widgets invented for your twisted entertainment and whimsy. I happen to know they are people. Good people.... mostly. I'd carry Mike's casket, but I'm all booked up through next tuesday.

4th and Long
01-02-2006, 05:29 PM
Welcome to the off season, kids.

milkman
01-02-2006, 05:33 PM

Hey Tom, when you were in High School, did you go to Lansing, or did your parents ship you off to Immaculata?

htismaqe
01-02-2006, 05:34 PM
Even though Skip constantly kicks me when I'm down, I'd carry his casket.

Taco John
01-02-2006, 05:35 PM

I have plenty of online friends that I'd give the shirt off my back for if they needed it to keep warm at night.

You sir, are a moron.

KcMizzou
01-02-2006, 05:40 PM
Even though Skip constantly kicks me when I'm down, I'd carry his casket.That's part of Skip's charm.

You should try being a MUron.

Matt Helm
01-02-2006, 05:51 PM
Like I need any advice from a shit-for-brains like you. F*ck off.

There ya go. No friends other than the vaporware kind!!

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Matt Helm
01-02-2006, 05:52 PM
I have plenty of online friends that I'd give the shirt off my back for if they needed it to keep warm at night.

You sir, are a moron.

Of those you have never met face to face I'd bet that you will freeze before you get even one.

Matt Helm
01-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Hey Tom, when you were in High School, did you go to Lansing, or did your parents ship you off to Immaculata?

No I went to Leavenworth High.

Matt Helm
01-02-2006, 05:53 PM
I have a lot of friends I've met online, Tom. You think the people on the other end of your caustic responses are electronic widgets invented for your twisted entertainment and whimsy. I happen to know they are people. Good people.... mostly. I'd carry Mike's casket, but I'm all booked up through next tuesday.

You are unethical and a liar, why would anyone believe anything you say?

Oh, that's right, you never lie! Al Saunders to be Lions coach!

Skip Towne
01-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Of those you have never met face to face I'd bet that you will freeze before you get even one.
Your own son has to apologize for your sorry ass. You've got a lot of room talking shit on anybody. And your popularity on here no doubt reflects your popularity in real life. Just a typical loser.

Matt Helm
01-02-2006, 05:58 PM
Your own son has to apologize for your sorry ass. You've got a lot of room talking shit on anybody. And your popularity on here no doubt reflects your popularity in real life. Just a typical loser.

Care to point out the link where he apologizes for me?

I'm a typical loser all right, but at least I do have a life and the friends I have would die for me, just as I would for them. I wouldn't cross the street to save your rotten life.

milkman
01-02-2006, 05:58 PM
No I went to Leavenworth High.

I was thinking I might have remembered you from my days of youth, but if you went to Leavenworth, and not Immaculata, then it's not you I'm remembering.

Matt Helm
01-02-2006, 05:59 PM
I was thinking I might have remembered you from my days of youth, but if you went to Leavenworth, and not Immaculata, then it's not you I'm remembering.

Imac is a Catholic school. I didn't know a holy roller would be allowed inside the doors there.

Iowanian
01-02-2006, 06:00 PM

You've been shown the door MANY times, and Like piss into the wind, you always come back.

luv
01-02-2006, 06:01 PM
What in your life has made you so hateful and bitter? If you don't like the people on this BB, and it's obvious not many like you either, why do you keep coming back? Misery loves company or what?

milkman
01-02-2006, 06:02 PM
Imac is a Catholic school. I didn't know a holy roller would be allowed inside the doors there.

Oh hell, anybody could go to Imac for the right price.

Skip Towne
01-02-2006, 06:24 PM
Care to point out the link where he apologizes for me?

I'm a typical loser all right, but at least I do have a life and the friends I have would die for me, just as I would for them. I wouldn't cross the street to save your rotten life.
Go find it yourself you ignorant dipshit. It has to do with him saying you weren't well liked but could you come to the tailgate. Phobia said he wouldn't hurt you. I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

Iowanian
01-02-2006, 06:32 PM
Here comes the PM fun with TomGash.

Bwana
01-02-2006, 06:46 PM
Here comes the PM fun with TomGash.

Why, did he get sand in his gina again?

chiefs4me
01-02-2006, 06:57 PM

ROFL

Iowanian
01-02-2006, 07:01 PM
It won't take long now.

Tonka is designing a new earth mover, with the bucket designed after his sand scoop.

Hoover
01-02-2006, 07:16 PM
My agent is working on a deal that would send me to the PatriotsPlanet for BB's sweatshirt and a press pass. I'll keep you guys posted.

Skip Towne
01-02-2006, 07:18 PM
My agent is working on a deal that would send me to the PatriotsPlanet for BB's sweatshirt and a press pass. I'll keep you guys posted.
So now you've got an agent AND sources. I'm gonna get me an agent and some sources.

Hoover
01-02-2006, 07:21 PM
So now you've got an agent AND sources. I'm gonna get me an agent and some sources.
I have a great life my friend....

stumppy
01-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Man.

Did someone take a shit in here? This thread smells like someone laid a big ole log in it.

stumppy
01-02-2006, 07:48 PM

Oh, that's right, you never lie! Al Saunders to be Lions coach!

My bad.

Nevermind.

siberian khatru
01-02-2006, 07:50 PM
Man.

Did someone take a shit in here? This thread smells like someone laid a big ole log in it.

I haven't seen anything go downhill this fast since the Royals 2005 season.

Skip Towne
01-02-2006, 07:55 PM
Man.

Check your pants. It didn't smell like that till you got here.

Katipan
01-02-2006, 07:59 PM
I would help Skip Towne cross the street.

stumppy
01-02-2006, 08:05 PM
I haven't seen anything go downhill this fast since the Royals 2005 season.

Happens everytime.

Who knows though, maybe TC showed up because he's still a little curious about the pearl necklace mentioned in a previous thread.

stumppy
01-02-2006, 08:07 PM
Check your pants. It didn't smell like that till you got here.

I'm OK, and if you didn't forget to change your diaper it's gotta be TC.

Logical
01-02-2006, 08:17 PM

Oh, that's right, you never lie! Al Saunders to be Lions coach!You are really on a roll, all over the BB Tom Cash is calling people liars. I miss a lot of posters who have left us, but trust me Tom, I won't miss you no matter how much you claim to be praying for me.

Mosbonian
01-02-2006, 08:21 PM

"Erotic Is when you use a feather, Kinky is when you use the Whole Chicken"

"Man who jump off cliff, jump to conclusion"

Can I add one?

"Man who take long walk off short pier, should be wearing swim trunks"

mmaddog

luv
01-02-2006, 08:22 PM
I have a great life my friend....
Too bad it's lived through your agent and your sources. Heaven forbid if you have/state an opinion that is truly yours. Does Carl make the decisions for your life as well as for the franchise?

C-Mac
01-02-2006, 08:34 PM
"Birds of a feather flock together...then crap on your car"