PDA

View Full Version : Please Coach don't retire!!!!!!

chiefsfan1963
12-31-2005, 07:51 PM
Don't listen to these freakin ying yangs on this board!!!!!!!!

Stay and finish the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All we need is our D to finish in the top 20 and we're a shoe in for the playoffs and beyond!!!!!!!!!

I know Carl let you down and did not get you the players 2 years ago and only brought in Gun, that's not your fault!!!!! He finally got you some players this year, but too little too late. I know he has stayed too long at KC, but that's what Lamar wants b/c in the end Lamar has no pride and only looks at this football franchise as a cash cow and has no interest in winning more SB's!!!!!!!!!!!

Despite all this you have done a great job! Never before has our offense been better! Thank you.

Please don't leave. You have a lot to offer and a lot to finish. You have been to 2 SB's and won 1 w/ 2 different teams. You can make it 3 appearances and perhaps another SB win!!!!

You have a lot of energy and drive for some one your age so don't listen to these idiots who really know nothing about football push you out before you are ready!!!!!!!!!

See you in 2006!!!!!!!!!!

Reaper16
12-31-2005, 07:52 PM
See you back at Napa Valley in 2006!!!!!!!!!

[/Fix'd]

milkman
12-31-2005, 07:53 PM
Hi, I'm Ying.

Your and idiot

Logical
12-31-2005, 07:53 PM
Lord DV, don't listen to this idjit and enjoy life in PA during a long and happy retirement.

cdcox
12-31-2005, 07:54 PM

The only ying yang that matters says he has to go.

SNR
12-31-2005, 07:55 PM
This past year was the greatest D Vermeil put on the field his entire time as Chiefs head coach.

We've "only needed a mediocre D" for the past 4 seasons. We still haven't gotten one. Time to find a HC that will take it upon himself to field one, not just leave it up to his coordinators.

Bye Dick. Have fun in the retirement home.

chiefsfan1963
12-31-2005, 07:58 PM
got to have players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SNR
12-31-2005, 08:00 PM
got to have players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Logical
12-31-2005, 08:04 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!U R Retarted

Deberg_1990
12-31-2005, 08:49 PM

Hes had 5 seasons to finish the job. Plenty of time. John Fox made the SB in two seasons. Gruden did it in 1 season in Tampa. Im sure there are many more examples.....Time for a fresh start.

siberian khatru
12-31-2005, 09:01 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt Helm
12-31-2005, 09:02 PM
This past year was the greatest D Vermeil put on the field his entire time as Chiefs head coach.

We've "only needed a mediocre D" for the past 4 seasons. We still haven't gotten one. Time to find a HC that will take it upon himself to field one, not just leave it up to his coordinators.

Bye Dick. Have fun in the retirement home.

What????????? You mean it's DV's fault and not Carl's?

I just don't get this place. One day it's Damn Carl for this and Damn Carl for that and now you want to fire DV because he didn't do a good enough job with the team Carl got for him?

Bunch of Phickle Phuquers.

siberian khatru
12-31-2005, 09:03 PM
Becca, will you PLEASE sign my slam book after third period!!!!! And don't tell Steve Jensen I like him or I will KILL you!!!! Just kidding!!!

XOXOXO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt Helm
12-31-2005, 09:03 PM
U R Retarted

Yep, when you have nothing to say, call the guy names!

Guru
12-31-2005, 09:04 PM
What????????? You mean it's DV's fault and not Carl's?

I just don't get this place. One day it's Damn Carl for this and Damn Carl for that and now you want to fire DV because he didn't do a good enough job with the team Carl got for him?

Bunch of Phickle Phuquers.

Damn Carl!!!!!!:cuss:

Matt Helm
12-31-2005, 09:05 PM
Damn Carl!!!!!!:cuss:

Where the hell you been?

milkman
12-31-2005, 09:06 PM
Yep, when you have nothing to say, call the guy names!

No, when the guy has shown post after post, after post, that he's a complete ****ing moron, with absolutely nothing to add of any substance, you give an honest evaluation of his intellectual level.

Logical
12-31-2005, 09:20 PM
Yep, when you have nothing to say, call the guy names!Tom Cash weighing in once again. :clap:

Skip Towne
12-31-2005, 09:59 PM
Tom Cash weighing in once again. :clap:
He abandoned Area 51?

htismaqe
12-31-2005, 10:06 PM
He abandoned Area 51?

ROFL

StcChief
12-31-2005, 11:15 PM
Retire Dick
you couldn't do it again the same way you did with Lambs.

No easy schedule to ride in on.
No cream puff division or too many lucky breaks.

Brock
12-31-2005, 11:34 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigRedChief
12-31-2005, 11:42 PM
toooo late

And the KC Star has it on their website, too. It's official:
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/13526445.htm

by ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star
Dick Vermeil told his players and staff in a tearful message tonight that he will retire as the Chiefs’ head coach at the end of the season.
That means Sunday’s game against Cincinnati could be his last.
Lynn Stiles, the Chiefs’ vice president for football operations, told The Star that Vermeil informed the players at a previously scheduled team meeting at an Overland Park hotel. Speculation has been thick all week that Vermeil would retire after today’s game, but he closely guarded his plans until Saturday night.
The Chiefs could reach the playoffs by beating the Bengals at Arrowhead Stadium and having the Detroit Lions beat the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Stiles was in the meeting Saturday. He said Vermeil appeared at peace with his decision.
“I know so,” Stiles said. “It’s not a think.
“He referred to (the fact) ‘I did not want the highs and lows of winning and losing to determine what I do.’ It’s the right thing for him to do, for his family, and it’s the right thing to do for the organization.”
Vermeil declined an interview request, preferring to spend what could be his final night as a head coach with players, staff, family and friends.
Stiles described the meeting as emotional. Vermeil develops closer relationships with his players than most coaches. He remains friends with players he coached several years ago.
“Every man in that room I guarantee will not forget what just happened,” said a red-eyed Stiles. “Each man in his own right has a relationship with Dick Vermeil, and I dare say most of them can’t look back and say they’ve had this kind of relationship. I guarantee they haven’t had it in the National Football League.”
Replacement candidates could include New York Jets coach Herman Edwards, Chiefs offensive coordinator Al Saunders, Washington defensive coordinator Gregg Williams and Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops.
The 69-year-old Vermeil coached the Chiefs for five seasons and will take a 43-36 regular-season record into his final game. The Chiefs won the AFC West championship in 2003, but lost their playoff game to the Indianapolis Colts at Arrowhead Stadium. That was the only time Vermeil guided the Chiefs into the playoffs.
Vermeil’s Chiefs were among the elite offensive teams of their era. With an offense led by Saunders, the Chiefs were usually among the league leaders in points and yardage and consistently stocked the AFC’s Pro Bowl team with stars like halfbacks Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson, tight end Tony Gonzalez and offensive linemen Willie Roaf, Will Shields and Brian Waters.
But the Chiefs were able to make the playoffs only the one time because of a deficient defense. After the defense underperformed in 2002, pressure mounted on Vermeil to fire the defensive coordinator, Greg Robinson.
Vermeil, ever loyal to his assistants, stayed with Robinson in 2003. The Chiefs won their first nine games, but lost four of their next eight, including the playoffs, after their defense collapsed.
Vermeil accepted Robinson’s resignation after the season and brought in an old hero, Gunther Cunningham, to coach their defense the following year. But Cunningham, who guided many of the great Chiefs defenses of the 1990s, was unable to make any difference.
The Chiefs were again woeful on defense in 2004 and, despite high expectations entering the season, finished a disappointing 7-9.
This season, the Chiefs were at one time 8-4, but December losses in Dallas and New York left them relying on the help of others to make the playoffs.

chiefsfan1963
01-01-2006, 12:17 AM
I'm sorry to hear of DV's retirement. I had a feeling this was going to happen. This is a very sad day for Chiefs fans. There is a lot of happy folks here at the planet. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bad Guy
01-01-2006, 12:21 AM

All we need is our D to finish in the top 20 and we're a shoe in for the playoffs and beyond!!!!!!!!!

I know Carl let you down and did not get you the players 2 years ago and only brought in Gun, that's not your fault!!!!! He finally got you some players this year, but too little too late. I know he has stayed too long at KC, but that's what Lamar wants b/c in the end Lamar has no pride and only looks at this football franchise as a cash cow and has no interest in winning more SB's!!!!!!!!!!!

Despite all this you have done a great job! Never before has our offense been better! Thank you.

Please don't leave. You have a lot to offer and a lot to finish. You have been to 2 SB's and won 1 w/ 2 different teams. You can make it 3 appearances and perhaps another SB win!!!!

You have a lot of energy and drive for some one your age so don't listen to these idiots who really know nothing about football push you out before you are ready!!!!!!!!!

See you in 2006!!!!!!!!!!

You're such a ****ing tool.

Yeah, Vermeil is listening to message boards about what to do.:rolleyes:

Yes, please don't leave Dick. One playoff run in 5 years is plenty good enough to satisfy 1963.

How many years are we going to say we need a top 20 defense with Vermeil? How many?

Just go away already, retard.

Guru
01-01-2006, 12:23 AM
Bye Dick!!! Thanks for the Offense!!! Shame on you for living with our defense. Ditto to Carl.:cuss: Don't let the door hit you in the A$$.

greg63
01-01-2006, 01:05 AM
What's a ying yang???

milkman
01-01-2006, 08:09 AM
I'm sorry to hear of DV's retirement. I had a feeling this was going to happen. This is a very sad day for Chiefs fans. There is a lot of happy folks here at the planet. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!

You're like freaking clairvoyant or something!

I mean, nobody else saw this coming, right?