PDA

View Full Version : The Dicks Big Gun

SLAG
12-31-2005, 10:46 PM
Since we now Know for sure that Grandfather Dick will be leaving office.

With a new Coach usally includes a new coaching staff.

my big question is ....

Does Gun Stay or Does Gun Go?

Does he stay because Carl wants him here?

Does he go Cuz Vermiel Leaves?

WTF

:shrug:

Guru
12-31-2005, 10:47 PM
Put it this way, if the entire staff leaves then the new HC has some control. If Gun is the only returner, then King Carl found a Yes Man.

SLAG
12-31-2005, 10:50 PM
Put it this way, if the entire staff leaves then the new HC has some control. If Gun is the only returner, then King Carl found a Yes Man.

Ok Ok ..

Does Al Saunders Guys go with Al Saunders?

I like Solari and The Dude who got maced

Mecca
12-31-2005, 10:52 PM
None of the defensive coaches better be back on the staff next year.

SLAG
12-31-2005, 10:54 PM
None of the defensive coaches better be back on the staff next year.

We Couldnt keep Gun on just as Linebackers?

I hear its like having your kitchen painted by picaso or something

Logical
12-31-2005, 10:56 PM
Be gone all ye defensive coaching slugs

Deberg_1990
12-31-2005, 10:56 PM
Gun as good as GONE..

HemiEd
12-31-2005, 11:09 PM
Gun should be the first one out the door IMO.

SLAG
12-31-2005, 11:11 PM
Gun should be the first one out the door IMO.

Would we want dungy or cowher back?

ya know for shits and giggles

HemiEd
12-31-2005, 11:23 PM
Would we want dungy or cowher back?

ya know for shits and giggles

Absolutley, I would take GR over Gun. :(

Guru
12-31-2005, 11:28 PM
Absolutley, I would take GR over Gun. :(

GR??? Are you nuts?

HemiEd
12-31-2005, 11:31 PM
GR??? Are you nuts?

Probably, but I am no Gun fan.

kregger
01-01-2006, 01:07 AM
they're all gone. Dick's gonna hire them to stomp grapes. Keep them in the family. As soon as GROB gets fired, he'll be head grape picker.

KcMizzou
01-01-2006, 01:12 AM
GR??? Are you nuts?Yeah, he's just bat-shit crazy.

KILLER_CLOWN
01-01-2006, 01:26 AM
I wouldn't take GR over anyone of my dead grandparents.

Guru
01-01-2006, 01:35 AM
Yeah, he's just bat-shit crazy.

Obviously

Hog Farmer
01-01-2006, 08:58 AM
Man I can't believe you guys hate gun this much. Our defense has gotten much better no matter what you say. He said his first priority when he came here was to stop the run. HE DID JUST THAT. (except for Tiki, but that wasn't his fault). If he is given one or two player on the front 4 to collapse the pocket and a DE opposite Jared Allen you would see a Superbowl defense. Maybe we get those things this offseason. He gave us a great Defense back when DT was here. He can do it again. The puzzle is almost complete IMO. I hope like hell that he stays. I'm not ready for our D to have to go through another learning curve.

htismaqe
01-01-2006, 09:00 AM
Man I can't believe you guys hate gun this much. Our defense has gotten much better no matter what you say. He said his first priority when he came here was to stop the run. HE DID JUST THAT. (except for Tiki, but that wasn't his fault). If he is given one or two player on the front 4 to collapse the pocket and a DE opposite Jared Allen you would see a Superbowl defense. Maybe we get those things this offseason. He gave us a great Defense back when DT was here. He can do it again. The puzzle is almost complete IMO. I hope like hell that he stays. I'm not ready for our D to have to go through another learning curve.

Tiki wasn't his fault?

ROFL

petegz28
01-01-2006, 09:05 AM
Getting rid of Gun is stupid. The D is just learning this scheme. Let Gun have his coaches instead of a bunch of guys who are so confused Gun has to be on the sideline himself. And get some DT's and a safety who tackles and we will be fine on D.

petegz28
01-01-2006, 09:06 AM
Tiki wasn't his fault?

ROFL

1 game our D fell flat. I can guarantee a game like that every year fo just about every team. It just happens.

milkman
01-01-2006, 09:08 AM

Our horrid pass defense resulted in one of the league's best run defenses.

phxchief
01-01-2006, 09:08 AM
Coaches to keep, off the top of my head:

Saunders
Solari (and his assistants)

Maybe Saxon and Joiner... it's not like they've done a poor job. We get production out of, to be frank, bums at WR, and you can't dispute the production from the RB position (though a lot of that is raw talent and O-line....).

Um... that's probably it. Pagac has done a good job with the linebackers but a complete re-tooling of the defensive staff would be a good move IMO.

petegz28
01-01-2006, 09:09 AM
Our horrid pass defense resulted in one of the league's best run defenses.

What was Denver ranked against the pass? And SD?

milkman
01-01-2006, 09:10 AM
1 game our D fell flat. I can guarantee a game like that every year fo just about every team. It just happens.

Denver, in the MNF game ran for how many yards?

The two teams that can not afford to lean on thier QBs just gashed our run D.

Hog Farmer
01-01-2006, 09:15 AM

We still didn't give up a 100 yard back. If that makes you feel better. It does me, for some reason. To Denver that is.

petegz28
01-01-2006, 09:17 AM

A fumble on our own 16 cost us that game early.

But even conceding your argument, that is still only 2 games.

2 games!

Our D:
Was just all over the Jets
The D kept us in the first SD game
Won the first Raiders game
Held Washington late
Held Buffalo to only 14 points
Was all over New England
Dominated Houston
Won the second Denver Game
Held SD to 7 points in the second game

Blew it against Philly
Blew it against Dallas
Blew it against New York Giants

Considering our O played 6 games without Roaf and our D played 5 games without Warfield I would say the D played better than they have since Vermeil has been here considering who we played against.

phxchief
01-01-2006, 09:20 AM
You spin things a lot.

It didn't win the Denver game. It made one play.

Larry Johnson and the 31 points won the game. The defense barely stopped Denver at all.

petegz28
01-01-2006, 09:23 AM
You spin things a lot.

It didn't win the Denver game. It made one play.

Larry Johnson and the 31 points won the game. The defense barely stopped Denver at all.

Whatver makes you feel good. 4th and 1 and our D stopped them to get the ball back to the O. So you can say whatever you want to say the fact still remains they stuffed the Broncos when it counted.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-01-2006, 09:27 AM
Getting rid of Gun is stupid. The D is just learning this scheme. Let Gun have his coaches instead of a bunch of guys who are so confused Gun has to be on the sideline himself. And get some DT's and a safety who tackles and we will be fine on D.

how are the players learning his scheme if his coaches don't get it

milkman
01-01-2006, 09:28 AM
A fumble on our own 16 cost us that game early.

But even conceding your argument, that is still only 2 games.

2 games!

Our D:
Was just all over the Jets
The D kept us in the first SD game
Won the first Raiders game
Held Washington late
Held Buffalo to only 14 points
Was all over New England
Dominated Houston
Won the second Denver Game
Held SD to 7 points in the second game

Blew it against Philly
Blew it against Dallas
Blew it against New York Giants

Considering our O played 6 games without Roaf and our D played 5 games without Warfield I would say the D played better than they have since Vermeil has been here considering who we played against.

If the Jets score fewer than 10 points this year, they will hold the franchise record for fewest points scored.

The Raiders offense never lived up to preseason expectations.

The Skins are just showing some offensive life.

Buffalo, Houston?
Big ****in' whoop!

The Chiefs D is ranked what now, 28th?

It been among the worst for 3 years of Spinner, and 2 years of Gun.

Gun is a fake Picasso.

phxchief
01-01-2006, 09:31 AM
Whatver makes you feel good. 4th and 1 and our D stopped them to get the ball back to the O. So you can say whatever you want to say the fact still remains they stuffed the Broncos when it counted.

Like I said, nice spin.

The defense had a pathetic game. They made one play. Keep spinning, it's you who's trying to paint the perfect picture.

I realize the situation - our defense sucks nuts.

Extra Point
01-01-2006, 09:34 AM

AGREED! WELL SAID!

petegz28
01-01-2006, 10:08 AM
If the Jets score fewer than 10 points this year, they will hold the franchise record for fewest points scored.

The Raiders offense never lived up to preseason expectations.

The Skins are just showing some offensive life.

Buffalo, Houston?
Big ****in' whoop!

The Chiefs D is ranked what now, 28th?

It been among the worst for 3 years of Spinner, and 2 years of Gun.

Gun is a fake Picasso.

See you are just like Whitlock, the glass is always half empty with people like you.

I willa sk you for the second time, what is Denver ranked against the pass and run?

I guess you are with Fatlock and feel we were just lucky those teams let us win.

petegz28
01-01-2006, 10:09 AM
Like I said, nice spin.

The defense had a pathetic game. They made one play. Keep spinning, it's you who's trying to paint the perfect picture.

I realize the situation - our defense sucks nuts.

I am not trying to paint a perfect picture. It is you that doesn't want to give credit where credit is due.

petegz28
01-01-2006, 10:10 AM
how are the players learning his scheme if his coaches don't get it

Cause he is down on the sidelines this year to coach them throughout the game instead of like last year where he depended on his coaches.

milkman
01-01-2006, 10:20 AM
See you are just like Whitlock, the glass is always half empty with people like you.

I willa sk you for the second time, what is Denver ranked against the pass and run?

I guess you are with Fatlock and feel we were just lucky those teams let us win.

Both Denver and SD were the #1 run D when we faced them.

But they, like the Chiefs, were weak pass defenses, I believe, so teams weren't challenging them on the ground.

The Chiefs and LJ exposed both of them, just as the Chiefs run D had been exposed.

Mr. Laz
01-01-2006, 10:21 AM
i still think gunther is a candidate to replace Vermeil has HC.

Mr. Laz
01-01-2006, 10:22 AM
See you are just like Whitlock, the glass is always half empty with people like you..

Rausch
01-01-2006, 10:22 AM
i still think gunther is a candidate to replace Vermeil has HC.

I think he's the LEADING candidate...

Wile_E_Coyote
01-01-2006, 10:23 AM
Cause he is down on the sidelines this year to coach them throughout the game instead of like last year where he depended on his coaches.

they learn the scheme during practice

Mr. Laz
01-01-2006, 10:24 AM

Your leading candidate?

or

Carl's leading Candidate?

petegz28
01-01-2006, 10:25 AM
Both Denver and SD were the #1 run D when we faced them.

But they, like the Chiefs, were weak pass defenses, I believe, so teams weren't challenging them on the ground.

The Chiefs and LJ exposed both of them, just as the Chiefs run D had been exposed.

You mean Denver the #2 in the AFC? SD the best team to not make the playoffs?

WOW!

So it is ok for the #2 team to be good against the run and not so good against the pass but not for our D?

I guess I don't understand your thinking. What a shocker.

Rausch
01-01-2006, 10:26 AM
Your leading candidate?

Did you just call me a complete ****ing moron?...

Chan93lx50
01-01-2006, 10:31 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, dont be saying that shit this is becoming a nightmare I cannot wake up from!

PHOG
01-01-2006, 10:35 AM

:doh!:

Mr. Laz
01-01-2006, 10:42 AM
Did you just call me a complete ****ing moron?...
not intentionally ROFL ROFL

just checking to make sure :p

i think Carl has gunther in the back of his mind as his fall back HC ... i really do.

i think he blames the media for Gunthers lack of success the last time around.

milkman
01-01-2006, 10:43 AM
You mean Denver the #2 in the AFC? SD the best team to not make the playoffs?

WOW!

So it is ok for the #2 team to be good against the run and not so good against the pass but not for our D?

I guess I don't understand your thinking. What a shocker.

If I was a fan of Denver or SD :Lin: , I'd be nearly as concerned with their defense as I am with KC's.

PHOG
01-01-2006, 10:44 AM
Maybe CeePee 'll let him know via the net. :hmmm:

Mecca
01-01-2006, 10:51 AM
It's obvious far to many people like Gunther Cunningham for something he accomplished a decade ago with hall of fame players. That was then, this is now, he needs to be gone.

Rausch
01-01-2006, 10:53 AM
not intentionally ROFL ROFL

just checking to make sure :p

i think Carl has gunther in the back of his mind as his fall back HC ... i really do.

i think he blames the media for Gunthers lack of success the last time around.

I think his first choice is Herm, but if Herm doesn't leave or doesn't get fired he'll look at Capers. If Capers gets a lot of attention it goes to Gun. I think Capers goes back to Pitt as DC and their current DC goes to HC somewhere else.

So what I think is most likely is Herm, Gun, Capers...

SLAG
01-02-2006, 02:18 PM
How does one coach in the NFL if they didnt coach in college?

I was under all the NFL coaches were once College coaches or NFL players

:Shrug:

NJ Chief Fan
01-02-2006, 02:35 PM
from this current coaching staff we should keep only and only the oline coach

SLAG
01-02-2006, 02:37 PM
from this current coaching staff we should keep only and only the oline coach

Whats wrong with the Running Backs Coach Saxon, LJ and TRICH and Priest

They have been well Coached