PDA

View Full Version : Those that wanted DV gone

Lbedrock1
01-01-2006, 04:46 PM
got your wish, but if we are losing next year remember you don't have a right to complain. Most coaches leave after losing seasons and we were 10-6 which is a improvement over last year. I believe unless Al Saunders is the next HC we will step back before we step forward depending on if the next HC keeps Gun and one of our offensive coaches to be the OC.

Logical
01-01-2006, 04:47 PM
If we step back it is because this team is old and has begun the rebuilding process. We need a HC that has the energy and time to complete that rebuilding.

Matt Helm
01-01-2006, 04:52 PM
If we step back it is because this team is old and has begun the rebuilding process. We need a HC that has the energy and time to complete that rebuilding.

Hatred of an individual reigns supreme once again.

DV has been a good coach for the Chiefs. He developed some players to be great players and has made his share of mistakes.

It would be fitting justice for those that think they know best what the Chiefs should do if they get their choice of coaches and GM's and have another streak like we did from 72-88!

htismaqe
01-01-2006, 04:54 PM
We have no right to complain.

Wanting DV gone = being happy with the choice of new coach, regardless of who they hire.

"Real fans" comment coming in 3...2...1...

htismaqe
01-01-2006, 04:55 PM
It would be fitting justice for those that think they know best what the Chiefs should do if they get their choice of coaches and GM's and have another streak like we did from 72-88!

Yep.

Being justified in your opinion is more important than having a winning team.

If only everyone could love the team as much as you.

Bwana
01-01-2006, 05:00 PM

Matt Helm
01-01-2006, 05:02 PM
Yep.

Being justified in your opinion is more important than having a winning team.

If only everyone could love the team as much as you.

If any of you loved this team half as much as you put on loving them you wouldn't be damning them at every turn.

Not a bit of this has one thing to do with being a real fan, just a fan.

I honestly don't see that here, not for a very long time.

RedDread
01-01-2006, 05:03 PM

DV has been a good coach for the Chiefs. He developed some players to be great players and has made his share of mistakes.

So you want the Chiefs to suck next year so you can laugh at the fans who wanted DV gone?

No?

STFU

Matt Helm
01-01-2006, 05:03 PM
You seem to be enjoying your self. I'd guess you weren't watching the game, you were wanking your johnson.

Matt Helm
01-01-2006, 05:04 PM
So you want the Chiefs to suck next year so you can laugh at the fans who wanted DV gone?

No?

STFU

Why not, those that wanted him gone don't seem to realize what they had in a coach. If you fall into that same category I feel sorry for you as well.

Mr. Laz

there we go ... anytime fans want a change the "beware the 80's" comment comes out.

htismaqe
If any of you loved this team half as much as you put on loving them you wouldn't be damning them at every turn.

Yep. We're all so negative.

We need to be more positive. Like this:

I predict with a new head coach we go no better than 7-9 next year.

htismaqe
01-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Why not, those that wanted him gone don't seem to realize what they had in a coach. If you fall into that same category I feel sorry for you as well.

5 years, no playoff wins.

We know EXACTLY what we had.

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Don't have the right to complain? He ****ing retired.
He was leaving weather we wanted him here or not.
Why are some people around here too damn dumb to see that if a HC only makes 1 play-off appearance in 5 seasons, and 2 winning seasons,should be replaced?

Bwana
01-01-2006, 05:06 PM
You seem to be enjoying your self. I'd guess you weren't watching the game, you were wanking your johnson.

No, I was enjoying the game and watching "Johnson" kick some ass.

Carry on gloom and doom "real fan." :thumb:

htismaqe

No?

STFU

That's EXACTLY what he's saying.

Mecca
There it is, if we aren't bandwagon fans that don't view everything as great, we aren't as good of a fan as him.

htismaqe
Why are some people around here too damn dumb to see that if a HC only makes 1 play-off appearance in 5 seasons, and 2 winning seasons,should be replaced?

We should be thankful for that 1 playoff appearance.

After all, it could be 1976 all over again...

4th and Long
01-01-2006, 05:07 PM
I just love this place. Instead of agreeing to simply disagree, we feel the need to call each other out. Nice. Welcome to 3rd grade.

Frazod
01-01-2006, 05:08 PM

72-88 - ZERO PLAYOFF WINS

01-05 - ZERO PLAYOFF WINS

ANY QUESTIONS?

:stupid:

Mr. Laz
01-01-2006, 05:08 PM
I just love this place. Instead of agreeing to simply disagree, we feel the need to call each other out. Nice. Welcome to 3rd grade.

you're a stinky, poo-poo head

4th and Long
01-01-2006, 05:09 PM
you're a stinky, poo-poo head
Dont make me kick your ass and steal your lunch money, sissy boy.

Logical
01-01-2006, 05:10 PM

It would be fitting justice for those that think they know best what the Chiefs should do if they get their choice of coaches and GM's and have another streak like we did from 72-88!ROFL Did you even read my post, I did not say anything negative about any coach. I merely pointed out that if we step back it will be because our team is getting old and we started the rebuilding process.

Bwana
01-01-2006, 05:11 PM

Easy now, or you may have you premium membership revoked! :D

Mr. Laz
01-01-2006, 05:12 PM
Dont make me kick your ass and steal your lunch money, sissy boy.

i'm telling mom!!!

4th and Long
01-01-2006, 05:13 PM
Easy now, or you may have you premium membership revoked! :D
Nonsense. Who else would step and and take the time to make a new header for the site (which wasnt quite finished so they put it up anyway) without so much as a penny for his troubles? :p

4th and Long
01-01-2006, 05:13 PM
i'm telling mom!!!
MOMMA'S BOY!

Valiant
01-01-2006, 05:15 PM

Yeah and that got us how many playoff appearances and playoff wins???

Just because you are satisfied with average, does not mean everybody else is...

the Talking Can
01-01-2006, 05:15 PM
got your wish, but if we are losing next year remember you don't have a right to complain. Most coaches leave after losing seasons and we were 10-6 which is a improvement over last year. I believe unless Al Saunders is the next HC we will step back before we step forward depending on if the next HC keeps Gun and one of our offensive coaches to be the OC.

he resigned, moron....

chiefsfan1963
01-01-2006, 05:16 PM

if you don't know no one can tell you!
:shake:

Bwana
01-01-2006, 05:18 PM
Nonsense. Who else would step and and take the time to make a new header for the site (which wasnt quite finished so they put it up anyway) without so much as a penny for his troubles? :p

Hmmm, valid point, as you were.

RedDread
01-01-2006, 05:19 PM
:shake:

I know why DV should leave and I'll tell you.

DV had Talented football teams every year from '02 to '05 here. Many other coaches have done MORE with LESS.

Frazod
01-01-2006, 05:20 PM
I know why DV should leave and I'll tell you.

DV had Talented football teams every year from '02 to '05 here. Many other coaches have done MORE with LESS.

DING DING DING We have a winner

4th and Long
01-01-2006, 05:22 PM
Hmmm, valid point, as you were.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=51150&stc=1
I'm returning the salute but I'm sure no one here wants to see a picture of that. :p

Frankie
01-01-2006, 05:22 PM
I can't believe the "discard" mentality here. These are probably the same fans who wanted to piss away Dante Hall, Kawika Mitchell, Larry Johnson, and Lawrence Tynes in the most rabid way. Now they are biting the hand of the most logical HC candidate for us. :shake:

Valiant
01-01-2006, 05:24 PM

Is that a category that never improved a defense his four years here???
Is that a category that would cuddle his D players like hicks for being stars???

The only category DV exceled at was being emotional, putting a team out there that averaged 9 wins a year got us jack...

Matt Helm
01-01-2006, 05:26 PM
Yeah and that got us how many playoff appearances and playoff wins???

Just because you are satisfied with average, does not mean everybody else is...

I am in no way satisfied with average. I do realize that no matter how much whining goes on that we won't have an impact. All we are doing is venting our spleen.

The problem is that no matter who is brought in there is going to be a new system, regardless of keeping the "offensive scheme". It will be implemented differently and may not work as it has under DV and AS.

I hope you are happy that DV is gone, it may be the only happy feeling you have during the rebuilding years ahead.

RedDread
01-01-2006, 05:27 PM
I can't believe the "discard" mentality here. These are probably the same fans who wanted to piss away Dante Hall, Kawika Mitchell, Larry Johnson, and Lawrence Tynes in the most rabid way. Now they are biting the hand of the most logical HC candidate for us. :shake:

Saunders would probably be a good choice but there's two stigmas working against him

1) The "Old Guard" factor: People see him as just a continuation of the DV and all the talent he squandered

2) The Gunther factor: For some reason we believe that because our former DC turned HC sucked that our current OC will as well. It's a bullshit argument.

I would love to see Saunders take the job, that way we wouldn't lose nearly as many players to retirement (IMHO) and there wouldn't be as big a learning curve when a new HC is brought in.

the Talking Can
01-01-2006, 05:27 PM
I am in no way satisfied with average. I do realize that no matter how much whining goes on that we won't have an impact. All we are doing is venting our spleen.

The problem is that no matter who is brought in there is going to be a new system, regardless of keeping the "offensive scheme". It will be implemented differently and may not work as it has under DV and AS.

I hope you are happy that DV is gone, it may be the only happy feeling you have during the rebuilding years ahead.

are you retarded?

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2006, 05:29 PM
:shake:your and ideot

ck_IN
<i>DV has been a good coach for the Chiefs. He developed some players to be great players and has made his share of mistakes.
</i>

DV in 5 years had a winning percentage of ~.530. He had some of the best offenses but did about the least with them. He got us to the playoffs exactly once. We won the west exactly once. He had no playoff wins.

As for developing anyone, show me a single player he drafted that he developed into anything. LJ would've been great regardless and DV didn't use him until he absolutely had to.

DV's era is marked by getting the least results with the most talent and leaving behind him the 2nd oldest team in the league. If this team does dropoff it wouldn't surprise me due to the aging vets DV loved retiring or breaking down.

In the end DV brought us nothing but nice stats and a very old team that the next guy will have to rebuild.

Valiant

Yes because the fans are the one that made DV medicore and want to retire.. The fans made DV keep Robinson so long and not get a player upgrade when we went 13-3 and then sucked the next year.. The fans are the ones that caused all this..

htismaqe

Yeah, it may work BETTER.

Log off immediately. You're wasting time here. With your ability to see the future in such a definitive manner, you could make a ton of money.

Matt Helm
01-01-2006, 05:30 PM
Yeah, it may work BETTER.

Log off immediately. You're wasting time here. With your ability to see the future in such a definitive manner, you could make a ton of money.

Better? I'll believe that when I see it.

I have a ton of money. Why log off and let you guys get away with sacrilege?

Bwana
01-01-2006, 05:31 PM

:deevee:

htismaqe
01-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Saunders would probably be a good choice but there's two stigmas working against him

1) The "Old Guard" factor: People see him as just a continuation of the DV and all the talent he squandered

2) The Gunther factor: For some reason we believe that because our former DC turned HC sucked that our current OC will as well. It's a bullshit argument.

I would love to see Saunders take the job, that way we wouldn't lose nearly as many players to retirement (IMHO) and there wouldn't be as big a learning curve when a new HC is brought in.

Those are both absolutely legitimate concerns. There's historical precedent for both things - it HAS happened. It's not like people just dreamed it up out of nowhere.

Furthermore, both "factors" that you list are every bit as valid as the speculation that hiring Saunders would allow us to keep players and the system.

The simple fact is -- you can't see the future. We could hire Saunders, and guys will still retire and Al decides to change the offense for the worse. There's historical precedent for that, too.

Mr. Laz
01-01-2006, 05:32 PM
are you retarded?

that's retarted .... u ideot.

htismaqe
01-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Better? I'll believe that when I see it.

I have a ton of money. Why log off and let you guys get away with sacrilege?

ROFL

Continue with your holy and righteous work here, Proctor.

plbrdude
01-01-2006, 05:33 PM
this is funny. dv is a good coach. he is retiring. feeling the heat? maybe. but after 5 yr it's painfully obvious we're not going to get a great d with dick.
22nd,32nd,29th,31st,this year what 28th.who's to blame? change will be good.

Matt Helm
01-01-2006, 05:34 PM
The IQ Chart was cute, it was most effective considering you were about 6 feet to the left of where you placed me.

That's OK though, your opinion is noted and logged.ROFL

4th and Long
01-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Can we drop all the posturing and look as this as it really is?

It doesn't matter who wanted Vermeil gone and who wanted him to stay. All that matters is how Vermeil felt and he acted upon it. He's getting up there in the years. he has a wife and a family. He wants to spend what remaining years of good health he has with his family.

PERIOD!

Now, let it go children. It's done and over with.

Matt Helm
01-01-2006, 05:36 PM
Continue with your holy and righteous work here, Proctor.

Why bring Johnny into this? His opinion might be different, probably not much, but different.

Just for the sake of argument what clue do you have about what holy and righteous even mean? I'd venture not much!

siberian khatru
01-01-2006, 05:36 PM

It doesn't matter who wanted Vermeil gone and who wanted him to stay. All that matters is how Vermeil felt and he acted upon it. He's getting up there in the years. he has a wife and a family. He wants to spend what remaining years of good health he has with his family.

PERIOD!

Logic cuts through the dumbassery like a diamond.

Matt Helm
01-01-2006, 05:37 PM

PERIOD!

That is not the politically correct way to view the situation, but .....

4th and Long
01-01-2006, 05:37 PM
Logic cuts through the dumbassery like a diamond.
That's usually the case, unless of course you're wearing one of this logic resistant tins hats.

Bwana
01-01-2006, 05:38 PM
The IQ Chart was cute, it was most effective considering you were about 6 feet to the left of where you placed me.

That's OK though, your opinion is noted and logged.ROFL

4th and Long
01-01-2006, 05:40 PM
Come on Bwana. Stop poking the bear. I know you have a picture for damn near every occasion but serious bud, let it go.

htismaqe
01-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Why bring Johnny into this? His opinion might be different, probably not much, but different.

Just for the sake of argument what clue do you have about what holy and righteous even mean? I'd venture not much!

ROFL

You're in no position to lecture me on the use of spiritual language. After all, you're the one that called our criticism of Dick Vermeil "sacrelige".

You opinion is not at all like Proctor's. He doesn't like Dick Vermeil.

It's your demeanor that is just like his:

Self-righteous, indignant, and pompous.

Pretty soon, you'll be sending PM's to people threatening physical violence.

I got you pegged Tom.

Matt Helm
01-01-2006, 05:45 PM
ROFL

You're in no position to lecture me on the use of spiritual language. After all, you're the one that called our criticism of Dick Vermeil "sacrelige".

You opinion is not at all like Proctor's. He doesn't like Dick Vermeil.

It's your demeanor that is just like his:

Pretty soon, you'll be sending PM's to people threatening physical violence.

I got you pegged Tom.

I think you've been smoking the wrong weeds. I don't threaten people.

Matt Helm
01-01-2006, 05:46 PM

I made a simple comment. Do you want a lecture? Go to Church.

Mr. Laz
01-01-2006, 05:47 PM

you called?

ROFL

Redcoats58
01-01-2006, 05:48 PM
I believe as long as I put time and money into this team I have every right to complain.

dirk digler
I am sad but also glad that DV has retired. He is a great coach and unfortuntely he didn't achieve the ultimate goal which was to win a SB with the Chiefs.
He brought us great offensive football both on the Offensive and Defensive side of the ball.

That being said it was time for him to go and I am very excited about the future as long as it doesn't include Mike Martz, Dom Capers, or Rich Kotite as the head coach.

RedDread
This thread delivers.

Valiant
01-01-2006, 05:50 PM
<i>DV has been a good coach for the Chiefs. He developed some players to be great players and has made his share of mistakes.
</i>

DV in 5 years had a winning percentage of ~.530. He had some of the best offenses but did about the least with them. He got us to the playoffs exactly once. We won the west exactly once. He had no playoff wins.

As for developing anyone, show me a single player he drafted that he developed into anything. LJ would've been great regardless and DV didn't use him until he absolutely had to.

DV's era is marked by getting the least results with the most talent and leaving behind him the 2nd oldest team in the league. If this team does dropoff it wouldn't surprise me due to the aging vets DV loved retiring or breaking down.

In the end DV brought us nothing but nice stats and a very old team that the next guy will have to rebuild.

I do not think it will take much to rebuild:

Most of are old defensive players suck anyways.. McCleon, Barber, the pittsburg guy, Hicks, Woods.. Rookies can replace them no problem...

Our frontline outside of Allen is horrible, but has been... Rookies can make the same mistakes as these guys...Sims is an enigma, he played good in his contract year and sucked every other year... Doubt he can do it agian...

Mitchell, DJ should be stars.. Scanlon and boomer hopefully will be good backups..

Outside of Sapp and Surtain we are average at best.. hopefully hodge improves and Warfield either is traded or gives us some cap relief by redoeing his contract...

The offensive is set outside of Trent and Richardson.. Sampson, Welbourn, Black, Bober are all young enough to either be here a few years and keep getting better.. Of course they will never be as dominant as the past group but who is?? These guys could be the most dominant lineman group ever...

We have Parker who hopefully keeps getting better.. Really it would not take much to fill Kennisons spot with parker and another WR to fills parkers.. Tony G should be here for another 5+ years... Hall should still be our 3rd or 4th WR...

Need to imo draft a agile lineman and turn him into a FB for LJ to run behind when Richardson retires.. LJ should be here a while after he gets paid...

Special teams should be set with Colquitt and Tynes.. Just need to improve coverage...

I dont see a big rebuilding process...

htismaqe
01-01-2006, 05:50 PM
I made a simple comment. Do you want a lecture? Go to Church.

Ah, so your use of "sacrelige" was a simple comment, but my use of "holy" and "righteous" was unwarranted because I don't know that they mean?

Don't ****ing kid yourself moron. You know what you intended to say when you said it.

I don't have to go to church to know what kind of person you are.

htismaqe
01-01-2006, 05:51 PM
you called?

ROFL

As a matter of fact, I did.

Let him have it. :D

RedDread
01-01-2006, 05:52 PM
I don't have to go to church to know what kind of person you are.

Religious?

htismaqe
01-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Religious?

Hypocritical.

whoman69
01-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Any team with Larry Johnson is not going to toss it in and go with rebuilding mode. We do have some older players and need to get younger at those positions. I just hope the next coach isn't as afraid to let the young guys get their feet wet and get some experience under their belt. I also hope the next coach has the cajones enough to pull the trigger when its necessary.

nascher
01-01-2006, 06:02 PM

First no clue
Second Bandwagoneers

Skip Towne
01-01-2006, 06:03 PM

You haven't even been here "for a very long time", n00b. S-T-F-U.

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2006, 06:06 PM

First no clue
Second BandwagoneersI wrote that. WTF are you talking about?

Frazod
01-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Highlights of his final teary whining on Sports Center. If I hadn't just paid $1,000 for this TV, I'd have put my fist through the screen.

GET OUT

:cuss:

htismaqe
01-01-2006, 06:12 PM
You haven't even been here "for a very long time", n00b. S-T-F-U.

He's been here since August of 2000 - the very beginning.

r8er_h8er is just one of about a dozen monikers that has been used by Tom Cash.

Rausch
01-01-2006, 06:15 PM

Yeah, but THIS fragmentation of his MPD mind is new...

Count Alex's Wins
01-01-2006, 06:16 PM
I can't believe people are so FRIGHTENED of change.

Dick UNDERACHIEVED most of the time here. He himself said they should have made the playoffs 3 times during his tenure.

htismaqe
01-01-2006, 06:20 PM

Dick UNDERACHIEVED most of the time here. He himself said they should have made the playoffs 3 times during his tenure.

Exactly.

Dick Vermeil himself said that they didn't accomplish their goal.

Yet people want to crucify anyone that says he wasn't successful.

I guess they think Dick is an idiot too...

stevieray
01-01-2006, 06:34 PM
most of the whiners here will whine after the first loss of the new regime.

They don't know who they are without it.

htismaqe
01-01-2006, 06:36 PM

They don't know who they are without it.

What about those of us who defended Vermeil tooth and nail, no matter what, for 3+ years?

Are we whiners because we finally got tired of losing when it mattered?

stevieray
01-01-2006, 06:43 PM
What about those of us who defended Vermeil tooth and nail, no matter what, for 3+ years?

Are we whiners because we finally got tired of losing when it mattered?

"I would've double bagged it"

Redcoats58
01-01-2006, 06:46 PM
Apparently Dick Vermeil knew he wasn't cutting it here so he let himself go, why some of you guys can't let him go is beyond me.

stevieray
01-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Apparently Dick Vermeil knew he wasn't cutting it here so he let himself go, why some of you guys can't let him go is beyond me.

:clap:

most here don't who they are without it.

Matt Helm
01-01-2006, 06:48 PM

I would still question whether his decision was a free will decision or one that was forced upon him.

I've seen resignations and retirements that were basically a choice of that or being fired.

Redcoats58
01-01-2006, 06:51 PM
I would still question whether his decision was a free will decision or one that was forced upon him.

I've seen resignations and retirements that were basically a choice of that or being fired.
Well if it wasn't his decision, it sure didn't arise because of the fans. We all know what Carl Peterson thinks of us. I believe this was Dick Vermeils decision though.

Guru
01-01-2006, 06:52 PM
No, I was enjoying the game and watching "Johnson" kick some ass.

Carry on gloom and doom "real fan." :thumb:

Go LJ!!! What a monster. Mr. Jackhammer. Can't wait for next year. Highlights on ESPN right now.

Skip Towne
01-01-2006, 06:53 PM

Why don't you just ban that dickhead's IP? He has never done anything but make trouble here. He is just scum of the earth. He only lives about 40 miles from me. I may have to go visit him.

Bwana
01-01-2006, 06:55 PM
Go LJ!!! What a monster. Mr. Jackhammer. Can't wait for next year. Highlights on ESPN right now.

If he can avoid the injury bug, not only is he going to be fun to watch, he is going to crush several NFL records.

siberian khatru
01-01-2006, 06:56 PM

Eggs-actly.

htismaqe
01-01-2006, 06:57 PM
Why don't you just ban that dickhead's IP? He has never done anything but make trouble here. He is just scum of the earth. He only lives about 40 miles from me. I may have to go visit him.

Um NO.

That's not a good idea, Skip.

Redcoats58
01-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Um NO.

That's not a good idea, Skip.
Care to enlighten us?

Frazod
01-01-2006, 07:02 PM
Care to enlighten us?

1. Skip's old.

2. He'd be outnumbered 12 to 1.

:D

Redcoats58
01-01-2006, 07:13 PM
1. Skip's old.

2. He'd be outnumbered 12 to 1.

:D
ROFL nice

htismaqe
01-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Care to enlighten us?

Threatening people just ain't cool, that's all.

Brock
01-01-2006, 07:31 PM
I think a new coach could have this team DEEP in the playoffs next year. It's time for a different perspective.

I was really interested in that Jim Mora Jr. rumor.

Mr. Laz
01-01-2006, 07:32 PM
1. Skip's old.

2. He'd be outnumbered 12 1/2 to 1.

:Di'll help _____________________ :LOL:

Rausch
01-01-2006, 07:33 PM
I think a new coach could have this team DEEP in the playoffs next year. It's time for a different perspective.

I was really interested in that Jim Mora Jr. rumor.

Wow. I'd ****ing love that that move...

jspchief
01-01-2006, 07:44 PM
Does this mean that the Vermeil supporters have no right to celebrate any success brought on by a new coach then?

sedated
01-01-2006, 07:47 PM
Jim Mora Jr??!!??!!??!!

:$2500:

Logical
01-01-2006, 07:48 PM
If he can avoid the injury bug, not only is he going to be fun to watch, he is going to crush several NFL records.

Depends on a couple of things.

1. Roaf does not retire.
2. Type of offense we end up running

But it is possible.

Frazod
01-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Does this mean that the Vermeil supporters have no right to celebrate any success brought on by a new coach then?

Only if one of the other f#ckheads who enjoys telling the rest of us how we can or can't root for the team comes along and certifies them as "real fans."

Brock
01-01-2006, 07:49 PM
Jim Mora Jr??!!??!!??!!

:$2500:

Who's a better choice, realistically?

Count Alex's Wins
01-01-2006, 07:52 PM

Right. I'm sure Carl was forcing Dick to retire after they beat the Broncos and had firm control of their destiny. :rolleyes:

Logical
01-01-2006, 07:54 PM

They don't know who they are without it.Seems like the whining on this thread is being done by those upset to see DV leaving, so yes I would expect that to be true.

stevieray
01-01-2006, 07:55 PM
Seems like the whining on this thread is being done by those upset to see DV leaving, so yes I would expect that to be true.
like this thread is indicitive of the sentiment of the board.

KcMizzou
01-01-2006, 07:56 PM
I agree that it's probably time for a change, but I couldn't help but be a little sad today. Say what you will about DV... but he's a hell of a guy. Maybe not the best coach in the world, but a damn good one... and a great guy in general.

Logical
01-01-2006, 07:58 PM
like this thread is indicitive of the sentiment of the board.Rebuilding will result in quite a few losses, no one should be happy with a loss, but they should expect them to occur.

Iowanian
01-01-2006, 07:58 PM
I wanted DV gone because I thought "it was time".....same thing he said.

The team was not successful to deem him another contract. Thanks for coming, thanks for trying...thanks for getting out of the way.

Brock
01-01-2006, 07:59 PM
Rebuilding will result in quite a few losses, no one should be happy with a loss, but they should expect them to occur.

Rebuilding is a thing of the past.

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2006, 08:30 PM
Rebuilding is a thing of the past.Yup.Retooling, tinkering...

GoDickGo
01-01-2006, 08:52 PM
hopefully he enjoys his retirement

Paintman
01-01-2006, 09:09 PM
5 years, no playoff wins.

We know EXACTLY what we had.

Winner

Wallcrawler
01-01-2006, 10:20 PM
Dick was too much of a niceguy. He wasnt able to stay with the cutthroat side of the business where no matter how much you like someone, if they arent getting it done, they have to go.

Dick was all about giving guys another chance when they had already blown too many chances.

I dont want Saunders as head coach, because I feel that the entire coaching staff, aside from Mike Solari, needs to hit the bricks.

The new head coach coming in needs to be able to do his thing without having to worry about entrenched management and not getting to do his job to the best of his ability.

philfree
01-01-2006, 10:35 PM
Dick was too much of a niceguy. He wasnt able to stay with the cutthroat side of the business where no matter how much you like someone, if they arent getting it done, they have to go.

Dick was all about giving guys another chance when they had already blown too many chances.

I dont want Saunders as head coach, because I feel that the entire coaching staff, aside from Mike Solari, needs to hit the bricks.
The new head coach coming in needs to be able to do his thing without having to worry about entrenched management and not getting to do his job to the best of his ability.

So you think all the offensive coaches that are part of the #1 offense in the NFL the last four years should be let go? Makes since to me :rolleyes:

PhilFree:arrow:

Logical
01-01-2006, 10:51 PM
Rebuilding is a thing of the past.Call it retooling if you wish, the concept is replacing older players with younger and lesser talents with potential talent players so you have a future.

Jayhawkerman2001
01-01-2006, 11:05 PM
I am insanely sad that DV is gone. He changed the face of the Chiefs for the better. Our offense, because of him, was nearly #1 in the NFL for the 5 years that he was here. We have never ever had that before here. Granted our defense definitely kept us out of the playoffs and the superbowl, dick vermeil was the perfect coach for the Kansas City Chiefs when peterson hired him. I will miss that old ass with a passion.

milkman
01-01-2006, 11:09 PM
I am insanely sad that DV is gone. He changed the face of the Chiefs for the better. Our offense, because of him, was nearly #1 in the NFL for the 5 years that he was here. We have never ever had that before here. Granted our defense definitely kept us out of the playoffs and the superbowl, dick vermeil was the perfect coach for the Kansas City Chiefs when peterson hired him. I will miss that old ass with a passion.

The "perfect coach" would have gotten this team to the SB.

Hell, a good hire would have won a couple playoff games.