PDA

View Full Version : Schedule will help us next year

Wa-Z
01-01-2006, 04:40 PM
...and the other AFC West Teams, we deserve it after this year's schedule. All I know is that it's going to be a long f-ing offseason, but I'm really looking forward to next year. Facing the NFC East on top of playing our rivals was tough this year, unfortunately we missed the playoffs, and we could have been in them, but you can't complain with a 10-6 record, if Pitt and Jax had the same schedule, we'd be in the playoffs.

RedDread
01-01-2006, 04:41 PM
If you're going to make a topic about next year's schedule post the damned thing....

4th and Long
01-01-2006, 04:42 PM
I'd really like to agree with you on this but the schedule isn't always the thing.

Please reference the 2005 St. Louis Rams and their strength of schedule, which was the easiest in the NFL and then look at their record.

Nuff said.

htismaqe
01-01-2006, 04:46 PM
Without Vermeil we're doomed.

7-9 next year.

Wa-Z
01-01-2006, 04:46 PM
They announced it on the radio...I didn't write it down or anything...but this is what i remember
AFC West : 6 games

NFC East: Seattle
@ St. Louis

AFC North: Cinncinatti
@ Pittsburgh (I think)

and the other two gameswill be...@ Miami
Jacksonville

4th and Long
01-01-2006, 04:48 PM
Without Vermeil we're doomed.

7-9 next year.
I don't think anyone here is suggesting that. The bottom line is, a schedule may look nice from the outside but in reality, sometimes it's a lot tougher than it appears, due to various factors. Injuries, talent upgrade/downgrade, etc.

Wa-Z
01-01-2006, 04:49 PM
I don't think anyone here is suggesting that. The bottom line is, a schedule may look nice from the outside but in reality, sometimes it's a lot tougher than it appears, due to various factors. Injuries, talent upgrade/downgrade, etc.

Agreed, but comparing this year's schedule to next year's...which one would you take?

4th and Long
01-01-2006, 04:53 PM
Agreed, but comparing this year's schedule to next year's...which one would you take?
That depends. Do I have a healthy offensive line and no running back by committee? If I had those things this year, I believe the point would be moot and we would be sitting pretty in the playoffs.

Count Zarth
01-01-2006, 04:53 PM
The only thing I care about in regards to schedule is how many back-to-back road games the league sticks us with next year.

jiveturkey
01-01-2006, 04:57 PM
@Mia
@Pitts
@ Stl
@ Cle
@ Arz

Cin
Balt
Sea
SF
Jack

RedDread
01-01-2006, 04:57 PM
The only thing I care about in regards to schedule is how many back-to-back road games the league sticks us with next year.

How bout our first three divisional matchups all being away games? That kinda sucked. :shake:

htismaqe
01-01-2006, 04:58 PM

Au contraire...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2932871#post2932871

RedDread
01-01-2006, 04:58 PM
@Mia
@Pitts
@ Stl <
@ Cle <
@ Arz <

Cin
Balt
Sea
SF <
Jack

That stacks up very nicely. We get three creampuffs on the road where we need the most help and most of the hard matchups are at home.

Count Zarth
01-01-2006, 04:59 PM
How bout our first three divisional matchups all being away games? That kinda sucked. :shake:

I didn't mind that. The payoff came in December.

We didn't take advantage.

4th and Long
01-01-2006, 05:01 PM
Au contraire...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2932871#post2932871
Au contraire, yourself.

I said, "I don't think anyone here is suggesting that."

By here, I meant, on THIS thread. Best I can tell, r8er_h8er hasn't posted on THIS thread, yet.

Count Zarth
01-01-2006, 05:06 PM
That stacks up very nicely. We get three creampuffs on the road where we need the most help and most of the hard matchups are at home.

3 of those 4 teams could be decent if not playoff-caliber next year...you never know.