PDA

View Full Version : Can we wait on Williams?

FringeNC
01-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Washington is going to win this game, and go to the playoffs. I wonder how things really work in the NFL? If we are interested, do we contact his agent or what? I know the rules so we can't tamper, but in the real world, what does that actually mean? Look at the supposed situation with Saunders going to Detroit.

It seems that if we wait on Williams, we have to have a good idea that he'd accept an offer.

4th and Long
01-01-2006, 06:04 PM
From what I've gathered in the media thus far, it's highly doubtful we'll be allowed anywhere near Williams, courtesy of the Washington organization not allowing it.

Valiant
01-01-2006, 06:04 PM
Washington is going to win this game, and go to the playoffs. I wonder how things really work in the NFL? If we are interested, do we contact his agent or what? I know the rules so we can't tamper, but in the real world, what does that actually mean? Look at the supposed situation with Saunders going to Detroit.

It seems that if we wait on Williams, we have to have a good idea that he'd accept an offer.

Im not sure but didnt the Pats OC and DC take jobs while still in the playoffs from other teams...

dirk digler
01-01-2006, 06:11 PM
From what I've gathered in the media thus far, it's highly doubtful we'll be allowed anywhere near Williams, courtesy of the Washington organization not allowing it.

I don't think they can do that but they will try to keep him by matching his salary.

Although league rules don't allow Redskins owner Dan Snyder to block defensive coordinator Gregg Williams from taking a head coaching job with another team after the 2005 season, we're told that Snyder plans to match any financial package that might be offered to Williams.

htismaqe
01-01-2006, 06:14 PM
Gregg Williams is not coming to KC. In fact, he's not leaving Washington.

FringeNC
01-01-2006, 06:16 PM

Article I read, all the players expect him to leave.

Tribal Warfare
01-01-2006, 06:16 PM
What I got from Gretz on the post game show it sounds like Carl will interview many candidates to form an opinion who could "fit" best. that could mean Trgovac, Rivera, ect. ...

Mr. Laz
01-01-2006, 06:17 PM
washington just won (basically) :(

Mr. Laz
01-01-2006, 06:17 PM

link

:p

dirk digler
01-01-2006, 06:20 PM

Why do you think that?

htismaqe
01-01-2006, 06:21 PM
Article I read, all the players expect him to leave.

There's good reasons why he won't come here. And that's on top of several very good reasons he won't leave Washington.

He MAY leave. From what I've heard, there's a tiny chance. But there's virtually zero chance he'd come to KC if he did.

htismaqe
01-01-2006, 06:22 PM
link

:p

No link. Insider info with the Redskins. Can't divulge my source.

Mr. Laz
01-01-2006, 06:23 PM
No link. Insider info with the Redskins. Can't divulge my source.
ok Nick...

Mr. Laz
01-01-2006, 06:24 PM
There's good reasons why he won't come here. And that's on top of several very good reasons he won't leave Washington.

He MAY leave. From what I've heard, there's a tiny chance. But there's virtually zero chance he'd come to KC if he did.

heard rumors that he didn't want to work this close to his home. thinks that his family would take too much flak for team related performance etc.

htismaqe
01-01-2006, 06:25 PM
ok Nick...

:D

htismaqe
01-01-2006, 06:26 PM
heard rumors that he didn't want to work this close to his home. thinks that his family would take too much flak for team related performance etc.

Yep. There are those rumors.

But beyond that, there's a compelling storyline in DC that will keep him there for a long time...

4th and Long
01-01-2006, 06:27 PM

But beyond that, there's a compelling storyline in DC that will keep him there for a long time...
Dude, stop waving that pork chop in front of the hungry dogs. Either spill the beans or put a lid on them.

Mr. Laz
01-01-2006, 06:28 PM

well give it up beyotch, before i sick r8er_h8er on your arse.

FringeNC
01-01-2006, 06:29 PM
Dude, stop waving that pork chop in front of the hungry dogs. Either spill the beans or put a lid on them.

Well, Snyder has all but guaranteed him the HC job after Gibbs retires, but so what? Who knows when that will be, and whether Snyder will change his mind.

I predict Williams will be someone's head coach next year.

Count Alex's Losses
01-01-2006, 06:30 PM
there's a compelling storyline in DC that will keep him there for a long time...

Does this have something to do with cross-dressing?

htismaqe
01-01-2006, 06:32 PM
Well, Snyder has all but guaranteed him the HC job after Gibbs retires, but so what? Who knows when that will be, and whether Snyder will change his mind.

I predict Williams will be someone's head coach next year.

You're pretty close there...

the Talking Can
01-01-2006, 06:32 PM
fyi, Mortenson said that Snyder wanted Williams to replace Gibbs whenever he retires and will pay him whatever that requires....

Mr. Kotter
01-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Dude, MOhillbilly is family with Williams--and he, basically, says the dude doesn't want to coach in KC (too many distractions since this is home) and he doesn't want to coach with Peterson as GM. Do you blame him?

Couple that with Snyder's comments about having him succeed Gibbs, and Snyder's big wallet......I suspect this is a dead issue.

Could be wrong, but I'd be lookin' elsewhere.

doomy3
01-01-2006, 06:39 PM

SO...Williams WILL coach next year--in Washington because Gibbs is retiring??? Am I closer?

FringeNC
01-01-2006, 06:39 PM
Dude, MOhillbilly is family with Williams--and he, basically, says the dude doesn't want to coach in KC (too many distractions since this is home) and he doesn't want to coach with Peterson as GM. Do you blame him?

Couple that with Snyder's comments about having him succeed Gibbs, and Snyder's big wallet......I suspect this is a dead issue.

Could be wrong, but I'd be lookin' elsewhere.

Washington Post article indicated that he is the number one choice of just about everyone with an opening, but that Williams had narrowed it down to KC, St.L, and Houston as the only teams he'd consider. I posted the article a few days ago.

Mr. Kotter
01-01-2006, 06:42 PM
Washington Post article indicated that he is the number one choice of just about everyone with an opening, but that Williams had narrowed it down to KC, St.L, and Houston as the only teams he'd consider. I posted the article a few days ago.

I read it, but MOhillbilly's story makes a lot of sense to me. I'm not saying he wouldn't come.....but I'm guessing it would take a load of money to get him here, as well as some concessions I don't see CP making.

htismaqe
01-01-2006, 06:43 PM

I think I'll take the word of the guy that talks to him at Christmas dinner. He ain't coming to KC unless something drastic changes...

FringeNC
01-01-2006, 06:51 PM
I think I'll take the word of the guy that talks to him at Christmas dinner. He ain't coming to KC unless something drastic changes...

It's probably a long shot, but DV said no way a bunch of times to Carl, too.

Tribal Warfare
01-01-2006, 07:02 PM
It winds down to Lewis,Rivera, Stoops and I'm not even considering davis because I'll break out cyanide capsules to spare me of the agonizing death of my soul if Butch is the Head Coach.

FringeNC
01-01-2006, 09:14 PM
WILLIAMS STILL HOT FOR THE MIDWEST: After it was reported last week in this space that Gregg Williams was going to be at the top of short lists in Minnesota, St. Louis and Kansas City, FOXSports.com has learned that head coach Joe Gibbs met with Williams to tell him he doesn't want to lose the coach but that if he does, Gibbs would not allow him to take his Redskins defensive assistants.

Williams would also have the opportunity to remain in Washington as defensive coordinator while waiting to take the reins from Gibbs one day. However, Williams knows that while he's hot now, who knows what the future will bring? In the end we believe he ends up the head coach of one of the aforementioned teams. Houston also is expected to ask for permission to interview him on Monday as well if the Redskins lose on Sunday.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5210434

FringeNC
01-01-2006, 09:17 PM
From same article: Marty in trouble?

CHARGING IN A DIFFERENT DIRECTION? The situation in San Diego has never been worse between general manager A.J. Smith and Marty Schottenheimer. According to several league sources close to Smith, if he had his way Schottenheimer would be fired. We wouldn't be surprised if, in fact, the Chargers made such a move. Defensive coordinator Wade Phillips is a hot candidate in Houston and that's the guy Smith would want to replace Schottenheimer with. Thus, if they feel they may lose Phillips, could there be a possibility that Smith can get the Spanos family to part ways with the veteran coach? We also wouldn't be surprised if Schottenheimer prevails but if he does, then Smith and Schottenheimer need to get on the same page.

DTLB58
01-01-2006, 09:24 PM
From same article: Marty in trouble?

CHARGING IN A DIFFERENT DIRECTION? The situation in San Diego has never been worse between general manager A.J. Smith and Marty Schottenheimer. According to several league sources close to Smith, if he had his way Schottenheimer would be fired. We wouldn't be surprised if, in fact, the Chargers made such a move. Defensive coordinator Wade Phillips is a hot candidate in Houston and that's the guy Smith would want to replace Schottenheimer with. Thus, if they feel they may lose Phillips, could there be a possibility that Smith can get the Spanos family to part ways with the veteran coach? We also wouldn't be surprised if Schottenheimer prevails but if he does, then Smith and Schottenheimer need to get on the same page.

IF, That happened talk would start immeditaly to bring Marty back here. Convince AS to stay and tell him Marty would fix the D. OMG!

Hoover
01-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Just like Saunders in KC? I don't buy it...

Hoover
01-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Shit I'd take Marty back. Stud running back and a solid QB, seems like a good fit.

Marty HC, Gun stays as DC, our OLine Coach moves to OC, and we do what we do best RUN THE BALL

wolfpack0735
01-01-2006, 09:39 PM
williams or marty? thats a toss up.as long as they leave the offense alone.

KILLER_CLOWN
01-01-2006, 10:05 PM
Knowing Carl he will trade LJ to SD for MS, and the fans will preorder season tix in a wild furry tomorrow morning.

alanm
01-01-2006, 10:20 PM
It winds down to Lewis,Rivera, Stoops and I'm not even considering davis because I'll break out cyanide capsules to spare me of the agonizing death of my soul if Butch is the Head Coach.
I just have this bad feeling that the "Mooch" will be our next coach. I can't explain it... I just have that queasy feeling. :shake:

milkman
01-01-2006, 10:22 PM
Shit I'd take Marty back. Stud running back and a solid QB, seems like a good fit.

Marty HC, Gun stays as DC, our OLine Coach moves to OC, and we do what we do best RUN THE BALL

Just kill me now, please.

alanm
01-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Just kill me now, please.
:fart:

Hoover
01-01-2006, 10:31 PM
I think Tim Lewis or Ron Raviera will not be good HC's