PDA

View Full Version : Predict Whitlocks column today

Guru
01-01-2006, 07:27 PM
If LJ does not miss the block against Dallas, we are in the playoffs. Oh, and don't forget his fumble today that will completely erase everything else he did on the field today. 201 yards? Ho hum. :cuss:

Go LJ Go!!! Can't wait to see ya for 19 games!

KcMizzou
01-01-2006, 07:29 PM
"It was time for Vermiel to go"

He'll talk about how DV was a good coach, but the time was right. And give him props for knowing when it was time. He'll also mention that it's too bad Carl doesn't.

Count Zarth
01-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Nah. I think Whitlock is going to be nice tomorrow.

He's spent five years saying mean stuff about Dick, now he's going to say a few nice things and how the Chiefs will miss him...and why Carl sucks.

KcMizzou
01-01-2006, 07:30 PM
Nah. I think Whitlock is going to be nice tomorrow.Yeah... other than the shot at Carl.

I'd say a shot at LJ too... but I'm not sure how he could work one in.

Halfcan
01-01-2006, 07:31 PM
It should be on our center KC. How do you get a freakin false start when you are snapping the ball. He had 3 really stupid penalties that cost us points. Maybe he was drunk.

chappy
01-01-2006, 07:32 PM

He's spent five years saying mean stuff about Dick, now he's going to say a few nice things and how the Chiefs will miss him...and why Carl sucks.

I also Guarantee He'll be Fat Tomorrow

KcMizzou
01-01-2006, 07:32 PM
It should be on our center KC. How do you get a freakin false start when you are snapping the ball. He had 3 really stupid penalties that cost us points. Maybe he was drunk.Yeah, that was just... weird. But he's been good enough that we can excuse him.

Count Zarth
01-01-2006, 07:33 PM

LJ just ran for 2 bucks and 3 touchdowns.

If he Whitlock takes any more shots at LJ, I'm going to drive up to Kansas City and force BBQ down his throat until he chokes to death.

GoDickGo
01-01-2006, 07:37 PM
:LOL:

Rain Man
01-01-2006, 07:37 PM

If he Whitlock takes any more shots at LJ, I'm going to drive up to Kansas City and force BBQ down his throat until he chokes to death.

I think that would be like Germany invading Russia. No matter how much BBQ you've got, there'll always be more Whitlock over the horizon.

Guru
01-01-2006, 07:38 PM
Yeah... other than the shot at Carl.

He will blame the entire year on LJ at the rate he is going.

CanadaKC
"The Chiefs should have traded up for McGahee"

KcMizzou

If he Whitlock takes any more shots at LJ, I'm going to drive up to Kansas City and force BBQ down his throat until he chokes to death.ROFL

I don't think anyone would fault you for it.

LJ's just been amazing.

jwhit
01-01-2006, 07:42 PM
I can predict Whitlock's column tomorrow.

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2006, 07:43 PM
Who gives a shit what that fat ****ing hack has to say? **** him. You know he just reads this shit and laughs about it. Best thing to do is just ignore him...

Guru
01-01-2006, 07:47 PM
Who gives a shit what that fat ****ing hack has to say? **** him. You know he just reads this shit and laughs about it. Best thing to do is just ignore him...

Yes you are right. :banghead:

Rain Man
01-01-2006, 07:47 PM

I think these are the primary options:

1. "Grover Cleveland has nothing on Gunther."

2. "Screw you, Matt Millen! Screw you!"

3. "Eric Hicks handles failure well."

Guru
01-01-2006, 07:48 PM

Somehow I knew it would draw you out. Needed some material did ya?

acasas4
01-01-2006, 07:51 PM

If he Whitlock takes any more shots at LJ, I'm going to drive up to Kansas City and force BBQ down his throat until he chokes to death.I don't believe anyone could afford enough BBQ for that.

Logical
01-01-2006, 07:53 PM

He's spent five years saying mean stuff about Dick, now he's going to say a few nice things and how the Chiefs will miss him...and why Carl sucks. I would say this is pretty close, but he will probably throw in that it was time for DV to move on.

Logical
01-01-2006, 07:53 PM
"It was time for Vermiel to go"

He'll talk about how DV was a good coach, but the time was right. And give him props for knowing when it was time. He'll also mention that it's too bad Carl doesn't.:clap: Nailed it IMO

KcMizzou
01-01-2006, 07:56 PM
:clap: Nailed it IMO Thanks... this one's easy to predict, IMO.

Paintman
01-01-2006, 07:58 PM
I just hope he keeps pounding on Carl Peterson.

It's about time the media started that ball rolling. Seventeen years and Zero Super Bowls. It's becoming the Steadman era all over with one exception. People in the seats.

I wonder how much Carls going to raise prices this year?

We're paying for mediocrity. Carls gotta go plain and simple. How many GM's around the league can survive 5 years, let alone 17 with 1 playoff appearance in 8 years. Let us not forget we've won what? TWO playoff games total for his entire tenure.

This is gonna hurt....but until us Sheep fans quit blindly going out to Arrowhead and supporting this Reign of Mediocrity. We'll never sniff a Super Bowl.

I'm done going to Arrowhead. It took Lamar 10 years of emtpy seats under Steadman to make a change. If it takes only being able to watch the Chiefs on away games, so be it. This tact sucks but nothings going to change unless it's forced.

So Long, Vermiel. Take Carl with you please.

As for Whitlock. Keep hammering. It'd be the best community service ever performed for Kansas City.

Mecca
01-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Because I'm sure media pressure would make Lamar fire Carl.......

Guru
01-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Difference between Carl and Steadman? Money!!! lots of money generated.

Logical
01-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Though I get your point this statement is funny.

How many GM's around the league can survive 5 years, let alone 17 with 1 playoff appearance in 8 years. Obviously this statement is anomalous, if they last 8 years they can survive 5 years.

Paintman
01-01-2006, 08:06 PM
A word smith, I'm not.

But damn......Carl Peterson would be fired from Organizations where winning is the priority.

I get he's made Lamar tons of money. I guess one SB Ring is just fine and dandy with the Hunt family as long as they're making a buck.

Guru
01-01-2006, 08:07 PM
A word smith, I'm not.

But damn......Carl Peterson would be fired from Organizations where winning is the priority.

I get he's made Lamar tons of money. I guess one SB Ring is just fine and dandy with the Hunt family as long as they're making a buck.

Carl would have been fired at all 31 other teams with his performance. Lamar is loyal. Bottom line.:banghead:

Paintman
01-01-2006, 08:12 PM
Carl would have been fired at all 31 other teams with his performance. Lamar is loyal. Bottom line.:banghead:

True dat.

Look no further than Jack Steadman reign.

Sadly, now it's Carl Peterson's.

Time to clean house.

KcMizzou
01-01-2006, 08:14 PM
A word smith, I'm not.

I get he's made Lamar tons of money. I guess one SB Ring is just fine and dandy with the Hunt family as long as they're making a buck. He does win, though. Under Carl, the Chiefs have been consistantly good to average. They've rarely been bad. As an owner, that's a hard thing to give up.

We're just good enough to fill the stadium, do nothing in the playoffs, and get mid to low round draft pics. I understand the mentality that it's better to flat-out suck for a few years than to be mediocre every year, but I don't know that I'd feel that way if I were Lamar Hunt. I think he'd rather be consistantly good... and hope to catch lightning in a bottle at some point.

Kerberos
01-01-2006, 09:09 PM
If LJ does not miss the block against Dallas, we are in the playoffs. Oh, and don't forget his fumble today that will completely erase everything else he did on the field today. 201 yards? Ho hum. :cuss:

Go LJ Go!!! Can't wait to see ya for 19 games!

Posted on Sun, Jan. 01, 2006
Carl should go, too
As Vermeil heads out, Peterson should admit his best wasnít enough
JASON WHITLOCK

Now that we know today will be Dick Vermeilís final day on the job if the Chiefs miss the playoffs, he should be remembered fondly for exiting in a dignified manner.

Oh, Vermeil might sob uncontrollably on his way out the door. His pride might force him to frame his third incarnation as an NFL head coach as a success and waste time recounting all the meaningless offensive records the Chiefs set during his five-year tenure.

But I say, if Vermeil wants to gloat, if he and Carl Peterson want to paint the picture that Vermeil set the Chiefs on a Super Bowl course, whatís the harm?

At least Vermeil isnít going to stay beyond his welcome. At least Vermeil is man enough to admit that ó this time ó his best wasnít good enough.

We canít say the same about Carl Peterson.

If today is it for Vermeil, if the Steelers beat the Lions and eliminate the Chiefs from playoff contention, then we can factually say weíve seen Petersonís best, and his best wasnít good enough.

When a confident person realizes his best isnít good enough, he tries something else. Marty Schottenheimer left the Chiefs for a number of reasons ó both personal and professional ó but the No. 1 reason was because he realized that 10 years was more than a fair opportunity to lead KC back to the Super Bowl.

It wasnít an admission of failure. It was an admission that it was time to move on.

Perhaps Vermeil is making the same admission. We should respect that, thank him for Priest Holmes, Trent Green, Al Saunders, Brian Waters, Casey Wiegmann, Dante Hall and all the other offensive toys Vermeil developed.

His Kansas City legacy will be a mixed bag. He came here convinced he could get the Chiefs to the Super Bowl within three years. Heís yet to win a playoff game as the head coach of the Chiefs and has qualified for the playoffs just once.

This year, the Chiefs are/were a playoff-caliber team. Had Larry Johnson attempted to block Scott Fujita in Dallas, the Chiefs would control their playoff destiny today and most NFL experts would view the Chiefs as a playoff sleeper.

With two playoff appearances in his last three years, Vermeil could legitimately claim he laid a solid foundation for his successor.

Instead, Vermeil is likely to be remembered for his failures: his loyalty to Greg Robinson and inability to construct an average defense, his unwillingness to discipline hot-tempered assistant coach Jason Verduzco, his feud with Larry Johnson, and his poor clock management and decision-making.

Thatís fine. Vermeil has a Super Bowl ring, two Super Bowl appearances and a marvelous reputation around the league.

We canít say the same thing about Carl Peterson.

Unlike Schottenheimer and Vermeil, Peterson is intent on holding Lamar Hunt and Chiefs fans hostage. Heís incapable of admitting that his best effort has failed.

Dick Vermeil is the best football coach Peterson knows. Peterson wanted Vermeil to coach the Chiefs in 1989. In 1989 and again in 2000, Vermeil was the perfect coach to execute Petersonís five-year plan.

Weíve already seen Petersonís plan B (Schottenheimer) and C (Gunther Cunningham). It appears weíre about to be treated to plan D. Or will it really be plan E or F, since Pete Carroll isnít leaving USC and Herman Edwards might stay in New York?

You could argue that Al Saunders should be given a chance to lead the Chiefs. Heís a terrific offensive coordinator and will likely have success as a head coach the second time around. If the Chiefs had a different GM ó Peterson and Saunders donít see eye to eye ó Iíd agree that Saunders should be the next head coach.

With Peterson here, Saunders needs to look elsewhere. Heís the best solution to Detroitís problems. Heís about the only coach who could salvage Joey Harringtonís career and get Detroitís three young receivers ó Mike Williams, Charles Rogers and Roy Williams ó to reach their potential.

In a couple of years, Chiefs fans might be complaining that Petersonís insecurity cost their football team an excellent head coach (Saunders). Iím sure those fans will be comforted by the knowledge that Peterson is still leading the fight to expand the NFL playoffs. You caught that in USA Today last week?

Having watched his team miss the playoffs seven of the last eight years, Peterson, a man obviously devoid of pride, believes the solution to KCís regular-season failure is a watered-down playoff system.

After another 17-year run as GM of the Chiefs, Iím sure Peterson will be campaigning for multiple Super Bowl champions each season.

Petersonís exit, whenever it comes, wonít be dignified. Itís several years too late for that.

Guru
01-01-2006, 09:13 PM
Carl should go, too
JASON WHITLOCK

Now that we know today will be Dick Vermeilís final day on the job if the Chiefs miss the playoffs, he should be remembered fondly for exiting in a dignified manner.

Oh, Vermeil might sob uncontrollably on his way out the door. His pride might force him to frame his third incarnation as an NFL head coach as a success and waste time recounting all the meaningless offensive records the Chiefs set during his five-year tenure.

But I say, if Vermeil wants to gloat, if he and Carl Peterson want to paint the picture that Vermeil set the Chiefs on a Super Bowl course, whatís the harm?

At least Vermeil isnít going to stay beyond his welcome. At least Vermeil is man enough to admit that ó this time ó his best wasnít good enough.

We canít say the same about Carl Peterson.

If today is it for Vermeil, if the Steelers beat the Lions and eliminate the Chiefs from playoff contention, then we can factually say weíve seen Petersonís best, and his best wasnít good enough.

When a confident person realizes his best isnít good enough, he tries something else. Marty Schottenheimer left the Chiefs for a number of reasons ó both personal and professional ó but the No. 1 reason was because he realized that 10 years was more than a fair opportunity to lead KC back to the Super Bowl.

It wasnít an admission of failure. It was an admission that it was time to move on.

Perhaps Vermeil is making the same admission. We should respect that, thank him for Priest Holmes, Trent Green, Al Saunders, Brian Waters, Casey Wiegmann, Dante Hall and all the other offensive toys Vermeil developed.

His Kansas City legacy will be a mixed bag. He came here convinced he could get the Chiefs to the Super Bowl within three years. Heís yet to win a playoff game as the head coach of the Chiefs and has qualified for the playoffs just once.

This year, the Chiefs are/were a playoff-caliber team. Had Larry Johnson attempted to block Scott Fujita in Dallas, the Chiefs would control their playoff destiny today and most NFL experts would view the Chiefs as a playoff sleeper.

With two playoff appearances in his last three years, Vermeil could legitimately claim he laid a solid foundation for his successor.

Instead, Vermeil is likely to be remembered for his failures: his loyalty to Greg Robinson and inability to construct an average defense, his unwillingness to discipline hot-tempered assistant coach Jason Verduzco, his feud with Larry Johnson, and his poor clock management and decision-making.

Thatís fine. Vermeil has a Super Bowl ring, two Super Bowl appearances and a marvelous reputation around the league.

We canít say the same thing about Carl Peterson.

Unlike Schottenheimer and Vermeil, Peterson is intent on holding Lamar Hunt and Chiefs fans hostage. Heís incapable of admitting that his best effort has failed.

Dick Vermeil is the best football coach Peterson knows. Peterson wanted Vermeil to coach the Chiefs in 1989. In 1989 and again in 2000, Vermeil was the perfect coach to execute Petersonís five-year plan.

Weíve already seen Petersonís plan B (Schottenheimer) and C (Gunther Cunningham). It appears weíre about to be treated to plan D. Or will it really be plan E or F, since Pete Carroll isnít leaving USC and Herman Edwards might stay in New York?

You could argue that Al Saunders should be given a chance to lead the Chiefs. Heís a terrific offensive coordinator and will likely have success as a head coach the second time around. If the Chiefs had a different GM ó Peterson and Saunders donít see eye to eye ó Iíd agree that Saunders should be the next head coach.

With Peterson here, Saunders needs to look elsewhere. Heís the best solution to Detroitís problems. Heís about the only coach who could salvage Joey Harringtonís career and get Detroitís three young receivers ó Mike Williams, Charles Rogers and Roy Williams ó to reach their potential.

In a couple of years, Chiefs fans might be complaining that Petersonís insecurity cost their football team an excellent head coach (Saunders). Iím sure those fans will be comforted by the knowledge that Peterson is still leading the fight to expand the NFL playoffs. You caught that in USA Today last week?

Having watched his team miss the playoffs seven of the last eight years, Peterson, a man obviously devoid of pride, believes the solution to KCís regular-season failure is a watered-down playoff system.

After another 17-year run as GM of the Chiefs, Iím sure Peterson will be campaigning for multiple Super Bowl champions each season.

Petersonís exit, whenever it comes, wonít be dignified. Itís several years too late for that.

OK smarta$$. ROFL I work a 12 hour overnight shift so his January 2 column is today for me. Sorry for the confusion. Jeez :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Logical
01-01-2006, 09:20 PM
Carl should go, too
JASON WHITLOCK

Iím sure those fans will be comforted by the knowledge that Peterson is still leading the fight to expand the NFL playoffs. You caught that in USA Today last week?

Petersonís exit, whenever it comes, wonít be dignified. Itís several years too late for that.Other than blaming the entire playoff absence on LJ this article is pretty damn good.:clap:

AZORChiefFan
01-01-2006, 10:25 PM
I figure it will be something along the lines of wasted opportunities and blah blah blah LJ can't hold on to the rock when it counts, Don't be that impressed with the win cause Cinci phoned it in, and the chiefs aren't going to the playoffs, and blah blah blah. Or maybe his word processor will finally say "the fingers you are using to type this story are way to fat for the keyboard"

keg in kc
01-01-2006, 10:25 PM
I predict that I won't give a shit.