PDA

View Full Version : Who are you rooting for in the AFC?

ILChief
01-02-2006, 08:55 AM
OK, Chiefs are out. Who do you want to represent the AFC in Super Bowl XL?

StcChief
01-02-2006, 08:59 AM
Pats.
just to have them beat whiny Manning again only indoors at Indy.

Alphaman
01-02-2006, 09:00 AM
OK, Chiefs are out. Who do you want to represent the AFC in Super Bowl XL?

I chose the Colts because I want Dungy to get a SB ring. However, I'd also like to see Manning NOT make the SB. This is a result of an ongoing debate I've had with Tennessee Volunteer fans for 6 years dating back to when I lived in Nashville.

Saggysack
01-02-2006, 09:00 AM
AFC: Pats

NFC: Bears

I want to see SB 20 all over again.

whoman69
01-02-2006, 09:01 AM
I usually like to see the best team win, so that goes to the Colts. While I think most of these teams could beat the NFC rep to the SB, no need to chance it by sending less than our best. All bets are off if its the Doncs.

CHIEF4EVER
01-02-2006, 09:09 AM
I prefer the Pats but will be satisfied by anyone but the Donks.

Chiefnj
01-02-2006, 09:10 AM
I am wondering, are the people voting for the Colts doing so out of sympathy for Dungy?

Personally, I hate the Colts for doling out playoff losses to the Chiefs and I hope they drop their first game.

Garcia Bronco
01-02-2006, 09:11 AM
I have to go with Denver...I think they have a good chance at winning it all.

Garcia Bronco
01-02-2006, 09:13 AM
I am wondering, are the people voting for the Colts doing so out of sympathy for Dungy?

Personally, I hate the Colts for doling out playoff losses to the Chiefs and I hope they drop their first game.
Personally...I don't care if Dungy has success. I think they play chicken shot football in Indy, and as a football team...they get exactly what they deserve....whatever that may be.

KC Jones
01-02-2006, 09:19 AM
After living in Pittsburgh for a few years when they were awful I kind of adopted the Steelers as my second favorite team. Back in the mid 80's I would root for the Broncos in the playoffs to represent the AFCW but I hate them way too much now. I can't stand Manning so I want to see them go down. I don't want to hear all the hype about the Pats being the greatest franchise evar! The jags and natti are non-entities really. Neither team has much business being the playoffs and will get bounced as soon as they go up against a real team.

CHIEF4EVER
01-02-2006, 09:21 AM
Personally...I don't care if Dungy has success. I think they play chicken shot football in Indy, and as a football team...they get exactly what they deserve....whatever that may be.

Do I detect a note of bitterness about the 2 consecutive azzwhippins they doled out to the Donx in the playoffs? :p :evil: ROFL

Garcia Bronco
01-02-2006, 09:28 AM
Do I detect a note of bitterness about the 2 consecutive azzwhippins they doled out to the Donx in the playoffs? :p :evil: ROFL

There is a unique way of looking at that..one might contend that they did whip our ass...others might say...we've got then exactly where we want them. At least this time we don't have to play them a week or 2 before we play them in the playoffs(if we advance to the AFCCG)...which was the problem the last two years. With no hubris...we can certainly beat them.

Hoover
01-02-2006, 09:33 AM
It works like this for me.

There is no way in hell I can root for Denver, so their out.

Jax - I just can't get excited about.

Bengals - The 2003 Chiefs, so I'm not going there.

That leaves, Indy, Pats, and Steelers.

I'm rooting for the Steelers. I like their HC, and the way they play football.

Mile High Mania
01-02-2006, 09:36 AM
Put me down for a Denver / Seattle Super Bowl...

CHIEF4EVER
01-02-2006, 09:37 AM
There is a unique way of looking at that..one might contend that they did whip our ass...others might say...we've got then exactly where we want them. At least this time we don't have to play them a week or 2 before we play them in the playoffs(if we advance to the AFCCG)...which was the problem the last two years. With no hubris...we can certainly beat them.

Heck, if the "best team ever to not make the playoffs" can beat em' in their own hizzy, they are certainly beatable.

alpha_omega
01-02-2006, 09:39 AM
Anybody but the Broncos.

Gaz
01-02-2006, 08:57 PM
If it ainít the Chiefs, I do not care.

Anyone but the Broncos.

xoxo~
Gaz
Not quite totally indifferent.

Nzoner
01-02-2006, 09:05 PM
Put me down for a Denver / Seattle Super Bowl...

Man I hope not,my Super Bowl party will suck with that match-up.

Personally,I'm pulling for a Indy or Pats/Bears game.

alanm
01-02-2006, 09:15 PM
The Bronco's don't get to win another SB in your lifetime. You guys have had your quota. :shake: :)