PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't Martz to Oakland make all kinds of sense?

KevB
01-02-2006, 12:36 PM
Al wants an explosive offense, and the Raiders have some of the pieces in place, but they need a coach who can run it (and a QB). Martz likes to do things in a contrarian way, which is the Raiders style. He's arrogant, which fits right in. Just something that popped into my head with the coaching carousel in full swing....

Sully
01-02-2006, 12:47 PM
As far as I'm concerned it's a done deal... nothing would make more sense (other than Saunders, but he already turned down that gig, didn't he?)

DTLB58
01-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Al wants an explosive offense, and the Raiders have some of the pieces in place, but they need a coach who can run it (and a QB). Martz likes to do things in a contrarian way, which is the Raiders style. He's arrogant, which fits right in. Just something that popped into my head with the coaching carousel in full swing....

That WOULD be funny. Martz and Al Davis. Now there are two clowns made for eachother.

Personally I hope Norv stays that would assure the Raiders in the cellar of the AFC west again.

Frankie
01-02-2006, 01:10 PM
I would dearly LOVE to see that.

Rausch
01-02-2006, 01:13 PM
I would dearly LOVE to see that.

Ditto.

I'd prefer Gunther as OC over Martz...

The Bad Guy
01-02-2006, 01:17 PM
Ditto.

I'd prefer Gunther as OC over Martz...

I really don't understand this thinking, but whatever.

Martz was the designer of the greatest offense in NFL history. He's a screwball HC, but he's a damn fine OC and I would take him here in a minute.

KCChiefsFan88
01-02-2006, 01:48 PM
I really don't understand this thinking, but whatever.

Martz was the designer of the greatest offense in NFL history. He's a screwball HC, but he's a damn fine OC and I would take him here in a minute.

Yeah some people refuse to look at the blatant facts that show Mike Martz is one of the greatest offensive minds in the NFL, the past 20 years or so. Just look at what his offenses in St. Louis have done.

Even if you don't think he is a good head coach (which I dispute given his 53-32 career coaching record, 4 playoff appearances in the 5 full seasons he coached, and a Super Bowl appearance), you can't argue with his successful offense.