PDA

View Full Version : left tackles in the draft

B_Ambuehl
01-02-2006, 01:08 PM
This is based on what I've seen so far.

1. Joe Thomas - Jr. Wisconsin- 6'8 300 lbs + running a 4.9 fourty. This guy is a true freak and nobody else is really even close that I've seen. He is both a dominant run blocker and pass blocker. Can get out and run sweeps like Willie Roaf and is ultra quick on his feet in pass protection. The only thing is he's a Jr. so may not come out this year but he's surely improved his stock today.

2. D'Brickashaw Ferguson- Sr. Virginia - He is a left tackle built like a defensive end with the bodyfat of a defensive back. He is a freak in the pass protection category but will need to gain weight to be a dominant run blocker.

3 and 4. Marcus McNeil and Jonathan Scott- Take your pick. Both have the same strengths and weaknesses. Both can run block like theres no tomorrow and both are going to initially struggle in pass protection in the national football league.

5. Eric Winston- Miami- Overhyped and over-rated.

I haven't seen enough of any others to have much of an opinion. Those top 4, however, will all be good.

DTLB58
01-02-2006, 01:31 PM
I think it would be a good idea to draft Roaf's replacement while he is still here so the Rookie can learn from him for at least a year.

Frankie
01-02-2006, 01:32 PM
I think it would be a good idea to draft Roaf's replacement while he is still here so the Rookie can learn from him for at least a year.
Yup.