PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Fisher

NJ Chief Fan
01-02-2006, 03:14 PM
anybody see on espnews it was salsbury reporting it, he said that theyre some rumors going around that fisher and the titans might go their seperate ways soon...if this is true there is my #1 canidate for kc hc followed by jim fassel

Mecca
01-02-2006, 03:16 PM
Jim Fassell......... :Lin:

If you want a damn offensive coach hire Al Saunders!

nychief
01-02-2006, 03:16 PM
NO to Fassel - besides he is going to be the head coach of the Vikings.

Fisher would be the biggest name in the league if he goes free - he would be at the top of the list for KC, Green Bay, Dallas (if Parcells hangs them up) and Buffalo.

NJ Chief Fan
01-02-2006, 03:22 PM
why is everyone hating on fassel? i think hes a good coach and even took KERRY COLLINS to a super bowl. i think hes better then saunders

Mecca
01-02-2006, 03:25 PM
I thought the idea was to get a defensive head coach? Seriously if you want an offensive coach it would make more sense to just promote Saunders.

NJ Chief Fan
01-02-2006, 03:30 PM
im all for a defensive coach...but who can we actually get? greg williams im not sold completely on him fassel is in baltimore if we hire him he probably could bring over some defensive coaches from the raven staff...fassel had good defenses over with the giants while he was at the hc...herm would probably be my #3 choice...but wed have to sign martz as our oc, just to balance out herm conservative play calling and martz over aggressive play calling

Brock
01-02-2006, 03:30 PM
Fassel?

Hell, Bill Callahan took Rich Gannon to a Super Bowl, if that's what you're looking for.

NJ Chief Fan
01-02-2006, 03:33 PM
Fassel?

Hell, Bill Callahan took Rich Gannon to a Super Bowl, if that's what you're looking for.

no callahan took grudens talent to the super bowl and after that game the team quit on him thats why nebraska is stuck with a no talent hc

Tribal Warfare
01-02-2006, 03:33 PM
I have no problem with Fisher, anyone who wanted to kick the shit out of Buddy Ryan is good in my book.

buddha
01-02-2006, 03:35 PM
Fisher would be a great choice, if he's available. He'd be worth waiting for if Tennessee is dumb enough to can him.

Mecca
01-02-2006, 03:37 PM
Fisher would be a great choice, if he's available. He'd be worth waiting for if Tennessee is dumb enough to can him.

If you wait, and they don't can him. We'll get some horrible head coach with as many teams that are looking for one.

NJ Chief Fan
01-02-2006, 03:39 PM
If you wait, and they don't can him. We'll get some horrible head coach with as many teams that are looking for one.
we can always re-hire gun ROFL

Mecca
01-02-2006, 03:39 PM
we can always re-hire gun ROFL

If that happens, I'll consider handing in my fan card.

Tribal Warfare
01-02-2006, 03:41 PM
If that happens, I'll consider handing in my fan card.

And your opinions of the possible Butch Davis signing

Mecca
01-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Butch Davis doesn't make me flip out like he does some people. Let's be honest here, the head coaching crop this year isn't that stacked. We're going to have to take some sort of risk with someone.

Tribal Warfare
01-02-2006, 03:48 PM
as of now Fisher seems like the best choice though

Mr. Laz
01-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Jim Fassell......... :Lin:
we finally agree about a HC candidate

:D

StcChief
01-02-2006, 03:52 PM
Fischer would be great choice.

Don't want to give up draft picks.

CoMoChief
01-02-2006, 04:12 PM
I have no problem with Fisher, anyone who wanted to kick the shit out of Buddy Ryan is good in my book.

Speaking of Buddy Ryan......

FRCDFED
01-02-2006, 04:20 PM
Fisher would be the best candidate IF he were ever set free. As a former player he could relate and as a successful head coach he knows what it takes and would bring credibility and command respect.

Does anyone on here besides me think that it is going to take a "special" coach to keep LJ's ego in check? Fisher could do that.

Hopefully we don't go anywhere near H. Edwards. I don't think I could stomach his "motivational" whineass speaches during press conferences.