PDA

View Full Version : Any love for EK this season?

ferrarispider95
01-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Kennison finished with just over 1100 yards, and had a big game against the bengals. Other than some dropped passes, he seemed pretty consistent, especially since TG's production was down and parker was fumbling and injured for part of the season.

I will still like to get the true #1 wide receiver, but Eddie would make a nice #2 with parker as another option, that way we can move hall back to full time kick / punt returner.

Frazod
01-02-2006, 04:35 PM
He's the best we've got, and I like him. But I sure wouldn't mind snagging a true No. 1, which he honestly isn't.

And as I've said forever, Hall has no business being an every down/most down receiver. He's just too damned short.

Deberg_1990
01-02-2006, 04:44 PM
I'll give some mad props to Eddie. Mostly because he turned his life and career around when he came to KC. He owes alot to Vermeil and this organization for taking a flyer on him. Sure, hes not perfect and has an awful tendancy to drop the ball in critical situations, but overall hes pretty decent.

shaneo69
01-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Kennison may be the most underrated player on the team. That said, I hope he can keep up his good play now that DV is gone. He's been kind of a high maintenance player during his career and the new coach may need to coddle him to get the same type of production.

Rain Man
01-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Other than some dropped passes, he seemed pretty consistent...

I challenge anyone to disagree with this statement.

I like Eddie. It seemed like he caught a bad case of the dropsies in the last two games, but other than that he was a big contributor for us this year, especially given how thin we were at that position.

SLAG
01-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Kennison may be the most underrated player on the team. That said, I hope he can keep up his good play now that DV is gone. He's been kind of a high maintenance player during his career and the new coach may need to coddle him to get the same type of production.

I think he has found a place to call home here in KC,

From the article in the star about him back when we played denver he seems really happy here with his family

nychief
01-02-2006, 06:12 PM
He has been soooo much better than I ever anticipated.

Mosbonian
01-02-2006, 06:24 PM
He's the best we've got, and I like him. But I sure wouldn't mind snagging a true No. 1, which he honestly isn't..

I agree he isn't a true #1, but he's been a pretty good substitute for one. There are a couple of games he just didn't have it, but he has been by far, one of the more dependable receivers we have had in a long time.

And as I've said forever, Hall has no business being an every down/most down receiver. He's just too damned short.

I think the fact that we use him as a Receiver at all takes away from his effectiveness as a KR/PR.....and will shorten his career.

Eddie K has been a stand-up guy here in KC...I hope he stays around and finishes his career here.

mmaddog

AZORChiefFan
01-02-2006, 06:32 PM
I've always liked him even with the occasional drop or sometimes more than occasional drop. Back to Back 1000 yard seasons says quite a bit about how productive/reliable he really is.

I too am concerned about how he'll be with a new HC.

philfree
01-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Eddie Kennison isn't a #1 WR all he does is make big plays that win games.

Our offense has alot of individual note worthy achievements and Kennison's back to back 1,000 yard plus seasons is definately one of them. T. Green's is another with theswe numbers 62.5 Comp% 4014yards passing 90.1Raiting. Larry Johnsons(Mr Johnson from now on.) 2,093 total yards from scrimmage. He was on a pace to shatter 2,000 rushing yards and 30 TDs :)

Ohhhhhh............ I so hope we can keep this offense churning for a couple more years.

PhilFree:arrow:

Brock
01-02-2006, 06:37 PM
I don't think he's fumbled once this year. Very nice player.

WilliamTheIrish
01-02-2006, 06:41 PM
I still can't get over him being stripped on the way to the end zone last season in Tampa. And getting stripped from behind in New Orleans.

Give him some help, and he'd be a great #2.

But I'm dreaming. That'll never happen.

philfree
01-02-2006, 06:43 PM
Who was the last KC Chiefs WR to have back to back 1000 yard seasons?

dtebbe
01-02-2006, 06:44 PM
Big props all around to Eddie. He does drop the ball once in a while, but all receivers do. I'll say it again, he's the best WR for the $$$ in the NFL. We pay him squat. We also haven't heard a peep out of him, hardly the locker room cancer the Donkeys claimed he was.

As far as being a quitter, he does quit running when he reaches the endzone, so maybe that's what the Broncos were complaining about?

DT

siberian khatru
01-02-2006, 06:45 PM
He was one of the five I voted for on the Chiefs MVP thread yesterday.

Hoover
01-02-2006, 07:04 PM
Who was the last KC Chiefs WR to have back to back 1000 yard seasons?

DA

Deberg_1990
01-02-2006, 07:08 PM
DA

He did?? I thought he only one 1000 yard season here?

Lord what a waste, that guy had Explosive talent but a 10 cent head. I cant believe he never succeeded in this offense

shaneo69
01-02-2006, 07:11 PM
DA

According to KCChiefs.com, it was Carlos Carson.

Hoover
01-02-2006, 07:12 PM
DA had back to Back 1000 yard with the Ravens/Browns.

His first three years with the chiefs were 992, 800+, and 1300+. Thats with Grabac, just think if we had a QB

philfree
01-02-2006, 07:38 PM
According to KCChiefs.com, it was Carlos Carson.

I knew it wasn't DA and I knew it was a long time ago. Eddie should get a little bit more love IMO. Our whole offense is the Bomb!