PDA

View Full Version : So, I got a TV dropped on me today

Mecca
01-02-2006, 08:57 PM
I was helping my dad move his old TV because he bought a new one. It's a TV from about 10 years ago with the giant back on it and it weighs about 300lbs. Well out the front door is a big step, I go down the step first and he proceeds to drop the TV on my lower leg.

So now my leg hurts in the spot if you touch it or hit it on anything in anyway. But there is no mark or bruise on my leg. I think I may have a bone bruise it sucks heavily. Anyone have any experience with an injury like this and what it actually is?

Cochise
01-02-2006, 09:00 PM
At least you weren't moving a piano!

That sucks. Might want to get that checked out, could be a bone bruise.

memyselfI
01-02-2006, 09:01 PM
I was helping my dad move his old TV because he bought a new one. It's a TV from about 10 years ago with the giant back on it and it weighs about 300lbs. Well out the front door is a big step, I go down the step first and he proceeds to drop the TV on my lower leg.

So now my leg hurts in the spot if you touch it or hit it on anything in anyway. But there is no mark or bruise on my leg. I think I may have a bone bruise it sucks heavily. Anyone have any experience with an injury like this and what it actually is?

Bummer...

you probably don't want to sue family. :hmmm: ;)

If it continues to hurt you might go and get it xrayed. Could be a bruise or a hairline fracture. Either way, it will hurt for a while.

Frazod
01-02-2006, 09:02 PM
Can you walk?

JBucc
01-02-2006, 09:03 PM
I hope the tv's OK

Mecca
01-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Yes, I can walk fine. But I'm not sure that would tell me anything your front shin bone is non weight bearing. If I brush it on anything or anything touches it in anyway it hurts like a bitch though.

Mecca
01-02-2006, 09:05 PM
I hope the tv's OK

That was the TV we were setting out..........We put a 55 inch Hi-Def in there now. Hooked up to a home theater system and all that jazz.

Frazod
01-02-2006, 09:06 PM
Yes, I can walk fine. But I'm not sure that would tell me anything your front shin bone is non weight bearing. If I brush it on anything or anything touches it in anyway it hurts like a bitch though.

IMO, you should go to the doctor.

Skip Towne
01-02-2006, 09:10 PM
Is there a chance you're a whiny bitch? Walk it off.

WilliamTheIrish
01-02-2006, 09:12 PM

You have that a little backwards. The shin (tibia) is actually the load bearing bone of the lower extremity. The fibula, (smaller and more lateral) is the bone that well.... it just kind of sits there. In another 10 million years or so it will cease to be.*

*my apologies to all you intelligent design folks out there.

Mecca
01-02-2006, 09:12 PM
Is there a chance you're a whiny bitch? Walk it off.

Hey that's what I did, I was just asking if anyone would have any idea if I should see a doctor. Me personally, I'd rather avoid seeing a doctor for just about anything.

Mecca
01-02-2006, 09:13 PM
You have that a little backwards. The shin (tibia) is actually the load bearing bone of the lower extremity. The fibula, (smaller and more lateral) is the bone that well.... it just kind of sits there. In another 10 million years or so it will cease to be.*

*my apologies to all you intelligent design folks out there.

Well, that's positive then, hopefully that means theres no crack in my bone or anything.

WilliamTheIrish
01-02-2006, 09:13 PM
Hey that's what I did, I was just asking if anyone would have any idea if I should see a doctor. Me personally, I'd rather avoid seeing a doctor for just about anything.

Careful, skip may hit you with his cane. Or worse, he'll intentionally back into you with his rascal wheelchair. (He removed the alarm that alerts folks he's in reverse. Sneaky sumbitch)

Valiant
01-02-2006, 09:28 PM

I worked in a electronics warehouse about five years ago and our biggest 36" console was only 240lbs, a new flat screen sony wega does not weigh that much either.. While saying the tv weighs 300lbs sounds great it probably is closer to the 200lb mark..

Sorry about your injury though, I got kicked in the shin pretty f'ing hard during our soccer championship last night...You just have to make sure nothing hits it and let it heal over time... Hopefully nothing got chipped..

ENDelt260
01-02-2006, 09:29 PM
I saw a guy get a toilet dropped on him today.

Skip Towne
01-02-2006, 09:54 PM
Have you got a lot of money? If so, go to the doctor, they'll charge you a lot of money just to show up. Then they will x-ray and run as many tests as you can afford. Then you won't have a lot of money. My dad was a doctor so I know a little about it. I have't been to a doctor in 50 years. If everyone acted like I do there would be 3 doctors in the whole US.

Saggysack
01-02-2006, 09:59 PM
Have you got a lot of money? If so, go to the doctor, they'll charge you a lot of money just to show up. Then they will x-ray and run as many tests as you can afford. Then you won't have a lot of money. My dad was a doctor so I know a little about it. I have't been to a doctor in 50 years. If everyone acted like I do there would be 3 doctors in the whole US.

Somebody doesn't have health insurance.

Logical
01-02-2006, 10:12 PM

You are very lucky to have your health Skip, congratulations. Your advice however leaves something to be desired.

Simplex3
01-02-2006, 10:20 PM
My dad just got through the same thing a couple of months back. Could walk Ok, but the shin started hurting more and more as he walked. Touching it would send shooting pains up his leg. After a couple months of that he finally went to the doc, it was a fracture. Put him on crutches for a month and now he's fine.

If it starts hurting give it some time off. Crutches are cheap. If I still doesn't get better go see a blood sucker. Errr, doctor.

Spicy McHaggis
01-02-2006, 10:42 PM
I saw a guy get a toilet dropped on him today.

You watched Boondock Saints today too? Awesome.

Skip Towne
01-02-2006, 10:45 PM
Somebody doesn't have health insurance.
Somebody doesn't NEED health insurance. How much money would I have wasted over the past 50 years buying that shit? How much have you wasted, pussy?

ENDelt260
01-02-2006, 11:00 PM
You watched Boondock Saints today too? Awesome.
You're so getting rep from Mer.

Katipan
01-02-2006, 11:01 PM
ok that was creepy. I swear i sent him rep before you posted.

ENDelt260
01-02-2006, 11:02 PM
ok that was creepy. I swear i sent him rep before you posted.
Haha.... you're pretty easy to figure out. ;)