PDA

View Full Version : KC Residents: 10 PM News....Any Updates?

Mr. Kotter
01-02-2006, 10:32 PM
Any word on the Chief's coaching situation, or the hiring? :hmmm:

Come on guys, you are slackin' off... :p

VonneMarie
01-02-2006, 10:35 PM
Stoops was never in KC... Herm still says he plans to be in NY... CP will call the Jets for permission to talk with Herm... same for the Skins, but they said wait till we're eliminated from the playoffs first...

CP said he expects to have a new HC within 7-10 days.

nascher
01-02-2006, 10:37 PM
he first has to interview a bunch of guys.1-2 Weeks and we should know who gets the nod.

Mr. Kotter
01-02-2006, 10:38 PM
Stoops was never in KC... Herm still says he plans to be in NY... CP will call the Jets for permission to talk with Herm... same for the Skins, but they said wait till we're eliminated from the playoffs first...

CP said he expects to have a new HC within 7-10 days.

Zachtly what I was lookin' for. Thanks. :thumb:

VonneMarie
01-02-2006, 10:40 PM
Zachtly what I was lookin' for. Thanks. :thumb:
No problem. Oh, they also interviewed Butch Davis today. :Lin:

DenverChief
01-02-2006, 10:41 PM

What is everybodys turn off with davis?

VonneMarie
01-02-2006, 10:42 PM
Um, he's not a very good coach? JMHO...

Mr. Kotter
01-02-2006, 10:43 PM

Butch Davis. Is he part minority, and would count as CP's mandatory "minority" interview....per chance? :hmmm:

I know he's not; just tryin' to find another reason he'd have been there! :banghead:

DenverChief
01-02-2006, 10:43 PM
Um, he's not a very good coach? JMHO....

because he didn't do anything with the hapless browns? I forgot what he did before HC in Cleveland?

VonneMarie
01-02-2006, 10:44 PM
Butch Davis. Is he part minority, and would count as CP's mandatory "minority" interview....per chance? :hmmm:

I know he's not; just tryin' to find another reason he'd have been there! :banghead:
Then why not interview Goonther?

Saggysack
01-02-2006, 10:44 PM
So if the Jets don't give permission. Who is the leading minority candidate to be interviewed? Ron Rivera? I sure hope so.

Mr. Kotter
01-02-2006, 10:45 PM

Did you pay attention to his Cleveland days?

I gotta admit, he did okay in Miami.....but I hate the Hurricanes, so maybe I'm biased. :shrug:

If he gets the job, he's gonna have a helluva a lot to prove.....

VonneMarie
01-02-2006, 10:45 PM

because he didn't do anything with the hapless browns? I forgot what he did before HC in Cleveland?
I think he's from the Jimmy Johnson coaching tree.

Mr. Kotter
01-02-2006, 10:46 PM
Then why not interview Goonther?

Though German, I think "white" males don't technically qualify as minority under Tags rule...:shrug:

tk13
01-02-2006, 10:47 PM
Team turned on him and hated him, I don't have a problem with his record or his coaching ability really. I don't think you necessarily have to like the coach, but you can't have the players quitting on you because they don't trust you either...

VonneMarie
01-02-2006, 10:48 PM
Though German, I think "white" males don't technically qualify as minority under Tags rule...:shrug:
Sigh...

milkman
01-02-2006, 10:49 PM
I think he's from the Jimmy Johnson coaching tree.

He was Jimmy Johnson's DC in Dallas, then HC of the Miami Hurricanes before takeing the Browns job.

elvomito
01-02-2006, 10:51 PM
butch davis coaches cleveland. so did marty.
history repeats itself
http://forum.ogrish.com/images/smilies/suicide3.gif

DenverChief
01-02-2006, 10:52 PM
Did you pay attention to his Cleveland days?

well yah but who was his starting QB who no longer plays in the NFL

Mr. Kotter
01-02-2006, 10:53 PM
well yah but who was his starting QB who no longer plays in the NFL

Tim Couch. But it's like tk said, by the end....he was being run outta town. Players gotta respect the HC; and his days in Cleveland will mean lots of bridge building in his next job....

Matt39
01-02-2006, 11:03 PM
WFAN 660 in NY reporting:
Dan Leberfeld was on and said that KC is not the only team willing to part with compensation for Herm Edwards.

Also 660 just had a reporter on from KC (forget his name) who said that Peterson plans on making a MAJOR run at Edwards and is willing to part with players, picks and cash to get him and it will be a very nice package. But that Herm is his number one guy and Peterson will be making a push in the next day or two.

milkman
01-02-2006, 11:05 PM
Dan Leberfeld was on and said that KC is not the only team willing to part with compensation for Herm Edwards.

Also 660 just had a reporter on from KC (forget his name) who said that Peterson plans on making a MAJOR run at Edwards and is willing to part with players, picks and cash to get him and it will be a very nice package. But that Herm is his number one guy and Peterson will be making a push in the next day or two.

Ah yes.
Carl is a ****in' moron.

Mr. Kotter
01-02-2006, 11:06 PM

Given Carl's draft history, a one and a two might be worth it.... :banghead:

And the players better be Hicks, Woods, and Bartee. :)

Jayhawkerman2001
01-02-2006, 11:09 PM
Id say that Herm Edwards would be a great choice given the selections out there. barely ever works bringing in a college coach to coach the nfl, so hell no to stoops... Hope to god CP doesnt get rid of some of our quality players for him though... would be like him to do that though, that ****er

Saggysack
01-02-2006, 11:10 PM

Lord have mercy. Player, draft picks and cash. Carl is offically an overpaid buffoon.

Matt39
Receiving picks for Herm, and there would be a party in Jetland.

Peterson must REALLY like Herm.

tk13
Ah yes.
Carl is a ****in' moron.
ROFL People expected Carl to make a good decision.

I really like Herm, not sure if I'd be willing to give up that much for him though. I fully expect Carl to do something to make everybody blow their top though... I have my Y2Carl kit ready.

Ari Chi3fs
Bill Belichek coached in cleveland and sucked, also.

Jayhawkerman2001
01-02-2006, 11:12 PM
so whats all the coaches out there that could be selected that have NFL experience? not really anybody that has had much of a winning team... except for tice, but ya see how he is without Mr. Moss...

tk13
01-02-2006, 11:14 PM
Bill Belichek coached in cleveland and sucked, also.
Ehhh.... he struggled the first couple years. But in 1994 Belichick had the #1 ranked defense in the league and took them to the playoffs and won a game. But the next year Modell announced the move to Baltimore and things fell apart....

milkman
01-02-2006, 11:16 PM

I really like Herm, not sure if I'd be willing to give up that much for him though. I fully expect Carl to do something to make everybody blow their top though... I have my Y2Carl kit ready.

No I didn't.

Would you, however, expect me not to bitch about it when he makes his normal stupid decision?

Guru
01-02-2006, 11:18 PM

Carl? Good Decision? For a coach? Never happen.:banghead:

Matt39
01-02-2006, 11:20 PM
Carl? Good Decision? For a coach? Never happen.:banghead:

Rich Kotites available :)

Logical
01-02-2006, 11:21 PM

Also 660 just had a reporter on from KC (forget his name) who said that Peterson plans on making a MAJOR run at Edwards and is willing to part with players, picks and cash to get him and it will be a very nice package. But that Herm is his number one guy and Peterson will be making a push in the next day or two.:(

VonneMarie
01-02-2006, 11:24 PM

Freaking douchebag idiot. :banghead:

BigRedChief
01-02-2006, 11:24 PM
draft picks and cash and players for Herm?

:banghead: Even King Carl is not that stupid

Guru
01-02-2006, 11:25 PM
Rich Kotites available :)

:huh::eek::Lin:

Nzoner
01-02-2006, 11:26 PM
same for the Skins, but they said wait till we're eliminated from the playoffs first...

Think I'll load up on Tampa this weekend.

VonneMarie
01-02-2006, 11:30 PM
Read some of this stuff. ROFL

http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106693

Matt39
01-02-2006, 11:30 PM
I wouldn't get to worked up over this yet Chiefs fans. Its not a fact yet, just a report from the local media here in NY.

It could just be Herm blowing smoke up peoples asses, something is very good at. He wants a contract extension bad. This might be his way of doing it. He's probably trying to play our lame owner, Woody Johnson during the process.

Nzoner
01-02-2006, 11:33 PM
draft picks and cash and players for Herm?

:banghead: Even King Carl is not that stupid

Sorry,his latest price increase tells me he definitely is.

Matt39
01-02-2006, 11:33 PM
Chief fans, feel free to check out www.Jetnation.com, the best jets sight on the net!

Just seems our franchises are awfully similar.

The Bad Guy
01-02-2006, 11:34 PM

I don't buy that Herm has multiple suitors for one minute.

Matt39
01-02-2006, 11:38 PM
I don't buy that Herm has multiple suitors for one minute.

I find it extremely hard to believe myself.

milkman
01-02-2006, 11:40 PM
Chief fans, feel free to check out www.Jetnation.com, the best jets sight on the net!

Just seems our franchises are awfully similar.

And why wouldn't we?

You have a Carl desciple at GM, and a Marty Clone as your HC.

Alphaman
01-02-2006, 11:42 PM
Team turned on him and hated him, I don't have a problem with his record or his coaching ability really. I don't think you necessarily have to like the coach, but you can't have the players quitting on you because they don't trust you either...

Did they lose trust in him because of his GM role or his coaching role.

Cochise
01-02-2006, 11:43 PM
I have this nightmare scenario, where we dump a bunch of draft picks to the Jets in exchange for a coach I wouldn't want for free... :huh:

I'm resigned now that it sounds like it's going to be Edwards. But on the other hand, since when does Carl offer top dollar in a bidding war? :hmmm:

The Bad Guy
01-02-2006, 11:44 PM
And why wouldn't we?

You have a Carl desciple at GM, and a Marty Clone as your HC.

I don't get how Herm is a Marty clone, but whatever.

He had a nice run in last year's playoffs. Took Pitt to OT.

tk13
01-02-2006, 11:48 PM

If you shake Marty's hand at any point in time in life, you're a Marty clone.

I consider him more of a Dungy clone than a Marty clone... that's who he came up under. He assisted Dungy in KC, then when Dungy went to Tampa he was his right hand man there. And I don't consider Dungy a true Marty clone. He's lost some playoff games, but not really due to being super conservative.

Matt39
01-02-2006, 11:49 PM

Do not get Jets fans started on Herm's coaching performance in Pittsburgh last season. It was abysmal.

Matt39
01-02-2006, 11:51 PM
He's lost some playoff games, but not really due to being super conservative.

The final minutes of the Pittsburgh were hard to watch. It was extremely conservtaive.

Herm went out and did the EXACT same thing Marty did the previous week to lose the game.

tk13
01-02-2006, 11:56 PM
The final minutes of the Pittsburgh were hard to watch. It was extremely conservtaive.

Herm went out and did the EXACT same thing Marty did the previous week to lose the game.
No.

Marty had a rookie kicker in wet conditions. You guys had the best kicker in the entire NFL from 40-49 yards the last two years. That is what he's paid to do. And he failed.

It's funny how that works... Vinatieri has kicked so many game winners and nobody calls Belichick conservative. Simply because the guy comes through and they win games. You only get criticized when you miss.

If you gave me a kicker who was 17-19 from 40-50 yards over the last two years, and gave me two shots to make a FG from there to get one step from the Super Bowl, you wouldn't take that shot?

Matt39
01-03-2006, 12:02 AM
No.

Marty had a rookie kicker in wet conditions. You guys had the best kicker in the entire NFL from 40-49 yards the last two years. That is what he's paid to do. And he failed.

It's funny how that works... Vinatieri has kicked so many game winners and nobody calls Belichick conservative. Simply because the guy comes through and they win games. You only get criticized when you miss.

If you gave me a kicker who was 17-19 from 40-50 yards over the last two years, and gave me two shots to make a FG from there to get one step from the Super Bowl, you wouldn't take that shot?

Look at the history of kicking in Heinz field from that distance, it isn't pretty.

Taking the ball out our 64 million dollar QB to take a knee on 3rd down moving us back was insane. Brien just came up short on a kick a minute earlier, and now we move ourselves backwards. Brien shanked the kick badly. It was in his head. He know how difficult it was to kick at Heinz.

Herm got scared. Simple as that.

Matt39
01-03-2006, 12:07 AM
We can look at a few other things from the Pittsburgh game as well. Talking about this game is still torture for me but anyways...

The Jets friggin scored on defense and special teams and still managed to lose. Thats hard.

Curtis Martin has had a history of struggling in the playoffs. He went out and struggled Lamont Jordan, a much more fitting runner against the agressive Pittsburgh defense only saw the ball 4 times. Again, Herms inability to adjust.

Im tired, but I could keep going. Pretty crappy ramble anyway.

tk13
01-03-2006, 12:10 AM
Look at the history of kicking in Heinz field from that distance, it isn't pretty.

Taking the ball out our 64 million dollar QB to take a knee on 3rd down moving us back was insane. Brien just came up short on a kick a minute earlier, and now we move ourselves backwards. Brien shanked the kick badly. It was in his head. He know how difficult it was to kick at Heinz.

Herm got scared. Simple as that.
Haha, you lost one whole yard on a kneel down, the world came to an end. Maybe you can throw some time zone smack around next. I'd be pissed off too if my team lost a game like that, I can understand why you go around spitting nails. But the kicker didn't do his job. Simple as that.

Rausch
01-03-2006, 12:10 AM
I wouldn't be shocked to hear Dick LeBeau is being interviewed...

milkman
01-03-2006, 12:14 AM
Haha, you lost one whole yard on a kneel down, the world came to an end. Maybe you can throw some time zone smack around next. I'd be pissed off too if my team lost a game like that, I can understand why you go around spitting nails. But the kicker didn't do his job. Simple as that.

The kicker didn't do his job on a field notorious for creating problems for kickers.

tk13
01-03-2006, 12:29 AM
The kicker didn't do his job on a field notorious for creating problems for kickers.
I know it's not the perfect field, but that's not an excuse. Brien was 1-1 and hit a 42 yarder earlier in that game. It wasn't a problem then.

Furthermore, they had played earlier in the season at Heinz Field, and Brien was 2-2. And the FG's were of 43 and 41 yards. Before the last two minutes that playoff game, he was 3-3 at Heinz Field, all on kicks longer than 40 yards. He had only missed 2 FG's of that range in 19 attempts the previous two years, that is an outstanding percentage. He had done it everywhere, even Heinz Field. He just failed to deliver.

milkman
01-03-2006, 12:45 AM
I know it's not the perfect field, but that's not an excuse. Brien was 1-1 and hit a 42 yarder earlier in that game. It wasn't a problem then.

Furthermore, they had played earlier in the season at Heinz Field, and Brien was 2-2. And the FG's were of 43 and 41 yards. Before the last two minutes that playoff game, he was 3-3 at Heinz Field, all on kicks longer than 40 yards. He had only missed 2 FG's of that range in 19 attempts the previous two years, that is an outstanding percentage. He had done it everywhere, even Heinz Field. He just failed to deliver.

Adam Venitieri has proven he is clutch on a number occassions.
Brien hadn't.

My thought, and I'm assuming that Matt 39's is the same, is that Edwards should have worked toward making the kick shorter.

He instead, decided to play it safe.

I think this is an area that we will probably never agree on.

tk13
01-03-2006, 12:48 AM
Brien hadn't.

My thought, and I'm assuming that Matt 39's is the same, is that Edwards should have worked toward making the kick shorter.

How are you going to know if he's clutch if you don't put him in those spots? Brien's like

milkman
01-03-2006, 12:50 AM
How are you going to know if he's clutch if you don't put him in those spots? Brien's like

That is the point.

You don't know that he's clutch.

Make it easier.
Let him build some confidence, in what would still be a clutch situation.

tk13
01-03-2006, 12:55 AM
Brien hadn't.

How are you going to know if he's clutch if you don't put him in those spots? Brien's like a 10-12 year vet, he's played on a Super Bowl winner. I don't know how you can come to that conclusion.

I understand where you're coming from, all those years of Marty have burned everyone on these boards. The difference is, he's put games in the hands of kickers who hadn't proven squat. He lost a playoff game in 95 with a kicker who'd been terrible down the stretch, then last year with a rookie. Herm did it with a veteran kicker who had an outstanding track record from that range.

The first FG he missed, they tried to advance the ball, but they just got in a 3rd down situation and threw an incomplete pass and had to go for 3 to break the tie. Is that really conservative? The 2nd FG, they actually passed the ball to advance for a first down and a closer FG, then ran the clock down to kick the FG. You're facing the #1 defense in the league with an offense that had struggled that day... I mean there are times were people are too conservative but I don't think doing what he did in that situation was completely stupid. Trying to win a game with a FG is not a crime.

tk13
01-03-2006, 12:56 AM
Whoops. Something weird happened there.

Count Alex's Wins
01-03-2006, 12:57 AM
OK, I'm on the Herm bandwagon.

As long as he doesn't touch the offense.

Logical
01-03-2006, 01:01 AM
We have so many player needs I just cannot see giving up a first or 2nd round pick for a HC.

tk13
01-03-2006, 01:02 AM
This endgame stuff is really a no win situation for coaches. I've seen guys be criticized for running the ball and running clock, then you turn around and see people criticize Al for passing the ball in those situations. Look at the Dallas game this year... or last year's Christmas game against Oakland comes to mind, when we had the ball real late in the game and tried to pass and Trent fumbled it and Oakland came down and briefly took the lead. Really it just comes down to not screwing up, because if you run the ball and lose, you'll get criticized, and if you pass the ball and do something stupid and lose, then you get criticized.

Count Alex's Wins
01-03-2006, 01:03 AM
We have so many player needs I just cannot see giving up a first or 2nd round pick for a HC.

That's not going to happen either.

Rausch
01-03-2006, 01:08 AM

You made me do it...

luv
01-03-2006, 01:10 AM
You made me do it...
You seem to be full of the neg rep bombs tonight. Hope you're not just randomly aiming.

Rausch
01-03-2006, 01:12 AM
You seem to be full of the neg rep bombs tonight. Hope you're not just randomly aiming.

LOOK HERE... (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=132553&highlight=trade+draft+picks)

luv
01-03-2006, 01:15 AM
LOOK HERE... (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=132553&highlight=trade+draft+picks)
I see. Well, you're a man who keeps your word! :thumb:

Rausch
01-03-2006, 01:16 AM
I see. Well, you're a man who keeps your word! :thumb:

Indeed.

It's about the last thing I have to hang my hat on...

milkman
01-03-2006, 01:17 AM

I'll leave this link for you again, in case you missed it earlier.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=132730

You may be dropping bombs on innocents.

It is funny, though.