QuikSsurfer
01-03-2006, 02:24 AM

Count Zarth
01-03-2006, 02:28 AM
Join the armed forces.

QuikSsurfer
01-03-2006, 02:37 AM
Join the armed forces.

death is higher on the list than joining any branch of the military.

cdcox
01-03-2006, 02:38 AM
I would stop the drugs today. You can't afford them and you are not at a point in you life where you can deal with functioning on half a brain.

I'd go somewhere where I could land on my feet, build a financial base to do what I really wanted, and sort through things. That sounds like your grand parents' place. Earn and save money. Decide what you want to do.

From your description, you sound like you are at a turning point in your life. Things can either get better from here or much worse. It will depend on your decisions and actions, more than anything else.

QuikSsurfer
01-03-2006, 02:41 AM
I would stop the drugs today. You can't afford them and you are not at a point in you life where you can deal with functioning on half a brain.

I'd go somewhere where I could land on my feet, build a financial base to do what I really wanted, and sort through things. That sounds like your grand parents' place. Earn and save money. Decide what you want to do.

From your description, you sound like you are at a turning point in your life. Things can either get better from here or much worse. It will depend on your decisions and actions, more than anything else.

I think that would be the best choice. It just seems that I would be miserable living there. It would be better financial situation. However, I do need to cut back on the drugs. Even more so than I already have.

cdcox
01-03-2006, 02:46 AM
I think that would be the best choice. It just seems that I would be miserable living there. It would be better financial situation. However, I do need to cut back on the drugs. Even more so than I already have.

If it is miserable that should give you plenty of motivation to save $ and decide what it is you'd rather be doing. I think finding a purpose for your life is the key. Then you can set goals and start working toward them. In the mean time, start focusing on short term goals such as saving enough money for a car and to move out from your GP, since these things need to happen no matter what.

QuikSsurfer
01-03-2006, 02:51 AM
If it is miserable that should give you plenty of motivation to save $ and decide what it is you'd rather be doing. I think finding a purpose for your life is the key. Then you can set goals and start working toward them. In the mean time, start focusing on short term goals such as saving enough money for a car and to move out from your GP, since these things need to happen no matter what.

You are absolutely right.
Another option that wasn't mentioned above: My sister and brother-in-law live in Kansas City, KS and would more than likely give me a place to stay for a few months for me to get on my feet. What's the job market like there in KS? My sister lives in the Johnson county area.

Taco John
01-03-2006, 02:55 AM
The answer is right in front of your face, yet you refuse to do it because you're too open minded.

QuikSsurfer
01-03-2006, 03:05 AM
The answer is right in front of your face, yet you refuse to do it because you're too open minded.

I hope you're not talking about faith.

Ultra Peanut
01-03-2006, 03:12 AM
The answer is right in front of your face, yet you refuse to do it because you're too open minded.ROFL

I hope you're not talking about faith.I think the point is that living with your grandparents for a while may suck, but is probably the best option you've got, despite their alleged penchant for proselytizing.

Life can truly, deeply suck. I'm the last person that should tell anyone what they should do, so all I can really do is ask, "Why the hell would you want to live in Oxfart?" ;)

On the bright side, it could be worse... say, the only thing you've ever really wanted in your entire life being completely, utterly impossible, and casting a cloud over every waking moment you ever experience. That's no fun.

QuikSsurfer
01-03-2006, 03:18 AM
ROFL

I think the point is that living with your grandparents for a while may suck, but is probably the best option you've got, despite their alleged penchant for proselytizing.

Life can truly, deeply suck. I'm the last person that should tell anyone what they should do, so all I can really do is ask, "Why the hell would you want to live in Oxfart?" ;)

On the bright side, it could be worse... say, the only thing you've ever really wanted in your entire life being completely, utterly impossible. That's no fun.

Oxford is where I found myself. It was the first place for me to live after moving out of Madison. I love Oxford and feel comfortable here. More comfortable than I have ever been.
Happiness is at a cost and i'm definitely paying for it.

huskerdooz
01-03-2006, 05:59 AM
Oxford is where I found myself. It was the first place for me to live after moving out of Madison. I love Oxford and feel comfortable here. More comfortable than I have ever been.
Happiness is at a cost and i'm definitely paying for it.

In other words, Oxford is the place where you could be irresposible, flunk out of school, and blow all your money on drugs. Sounds to me like Oxford is just comfortable enough for you to wind up dead.

Your 23 and from your description, you've never decided to take responsibility for your life. You need to grow up and start taking responsibility for your actions. Like cdcox stated you can turn your life around now or let it slide off into the abyss of drugs and alcohol, it's your choice.

That being said, I don't think you're really ready to turn your life around yet. Otherwise you wouldn't be looking for easier solutions like living with your sister for a short time. What makes you think that it will be any different living with her. You will probably just spend your time and money looking for new sources for your drug habit. You say you are a recovering cocaine addict. Did you go into rehab to kick your habit? Since when does rehab advocate abstaining from one drug but allow the use of another. It sounds to me the only reason you had to give up cocaine was because you couldn't afford it. That happens when mom cuts off the financial spigot doesn't it. You complain that you have no way to commute across town, is there no form of public transportation in Oxford? You also complain that you don't have the money to take the A+ certification exam, yet you claim that you are still smoking too much ganja. IIRCC ganja isn't cheap. Here's an idea, try saving some of that money to pay for the exam.

Just as TJ indicated, the solution is right there but you're too stubborn and immature to see it. Your Grandparents are obviously offering you a place and an oppurtunity to get back on your feet. You don't want to blow this oppurtunity that they are offering by continuing to blow all your money on the very lifestyle that got you into this mess in the first place. If you actually got clean from the drugs you might actually discover that college could actually be for you as well. For that to happen you might need to get away from Oxford so that you can make a clean break from the very lifestyle that got you into trouble in the first place.

You can't go through life living out "Animal House". It's fun for awhile but eventually you need to take responsibility for your life and actually make something of yourself.

I'm sure this will come off as a bit preachy but I have very little sympathy for someone that continually wants to blame others for there misery and misfortune instead of taking responsibility for there own life.

jspchief
01-03-2006, 06:07 AM
It's time to stop smoking pot. That crap is for kids and adult losers.

Ari Chi3fs
01-03-2006, 06:14 AM
You are 23 years old, and have a several opportunities... while it may look bleak right now, it is all working according to plan. Years from now, you will be able to look back on this trying time in your life and see how it positively affected your path.

Around this age, I had a slice of humble pie, and had no car, no job, and had to move in with family. It sucked, but it motivated me to get back on top.

Drop the nose candy, that shit isnt healthy... I cant with a good conscience tell you to drop the herbals, because I partake occassionally myself. let me offer this tidbit...

Moderation is key... things like that make a good icing on the cake of life, just dont let the drugs become the cake.

Get yourself in a new set of surroundings... chances are, if you dont, you might find yourself in the same boat the Maurice Clarett is in...

Love yourself, and make every attempt to be happy with whatever decisions you make... you are NOT your past decisions... you are NOW HERE for a reason, and you are in a critical fork in the road of life... be happy with it, and move in the right direction. This is a valuable opportunity to get a grip on who you are, and who you want to become.

And always remember, not to place blame on anyone, but take responsibility for everything. It is all working according to plan... your life right now, is the result of your past actions... you want a different future, take responsibility and move in the direction you feel is best for you.

And be happy with yourself, and your decisions.

:-)

Hog Farmer
01-03-2006, 06:33 AM
Knock Knock

Who's there ?

Oppurtunity.

Opportunity who?

Why in the hell are you asking when I'm knocking on your door. Open the damn door!!

plbrdude
01-03-2006, 06:34 AM
In other words, Oxford is the place where you could be irresposible, flunk out of school, and blow all your money on drugs. Sounds to me like Oxford is just comfortable enough for you to wind up dead.

Your 23 and from your description, you've never decided to take responsibility for your life. You need to grow up and start taking responsibility for your actions. Like cdcox stated you can turn your life around now or let it slide off into the abyss of drugs and alcohol, it's your choice.

That being said, I don't think you're really ready to turn your life around yet. Otherwise you wouldn't be looking for easier solutions like living with your sister for a short time. What makes you think that it will be any different living with her. You will probably just spend your time and money looking for new sources for your drug habit. You say you are a recovering cocaine addict. Did you go into rehab to kick your habit? Since when does rehab advocate abstaining from one drug but allow the use of another. It sounds to me the only reason you had to give up cocaine was because you couldn't afford it. That happens when mom cuts off the financial spigot doesn't it. You complain that you have no way to commute across town, is there no form of public transportation in Oxford? You also complain that you don't have the money to take the A+ certification exam, yet you claim that you are still smoking too much ganja. IIRCC ganja isn't cheap. Here's an idea, try saving some of that money to pay for the exam.

Just as TJ indicated, the solution is right there but you're too stubborn and immature to see it. Your Grandparents are obviously offering you a place and an oppurtunity to get back on your feet. You don't want to blow this oppurtunity that they are offering by continuing to blow all your money on the very lifestyle that got you into this mess in the first place. If you actually got clean from the drugs you might actually discover that college could actually be for you as well. For that to happen you might need to get away from Oxford so that you can make a clean break from the very lifestyle that got you into trouble in the first place.

You can't go through life living out "Animal House". It's fun for awhile but eventually you need to take responsibility for your life and actually make something of yourself.

I'm sure this will come off as a bit preachy but I have very little sympathy for someone that continually wants to blame others for there misery and misfortune instead of taking responsibility for there own life.

read that post again. you have recieved sound advice from a wise man there. you say you're to open minded for faith, but my guess is you're afraid of what you'll find. coming from a former meth addict, alcoholic, and weed smoker, i can tell you this. with the Lord you won't have to go through life a recovering addict. you will be a delivered addict. you also will find oppurtunities opening up for you that never seemed possible. before. it has to start with you. nothing is more pathetic than an alcoholic or addict blaming their addiction on their circumstances. Their circumstances are a result of their addiction.

jspchief
01-03-2006, 06:36 AM
You don't need the lord to quit drugs. It's just another crutch.

DeepSouth
01-03-2006, 06:42 AM
You're from Mississippi. Blame it on the In-Breeding.

chagrin
01-03-2006, 06:47 AM
I could manage to live with them but it would be very, very hard. My grandparents are very firm believers in the "word of god". I'm a little more open minded, you could say :)

Dude, obviously you're not very open minded if you can't accept them for who they are and what they believe in. You'd be accepting help from people who love you, you should say thank you and take it, while you have the opportunity. But we don't need to get into that.

I am a recovering drug addict, I blew a few hundred thousand dollars and alientated my wife, and she left me - and lost 2 homes and a car. I was homeless and had nobody to offer such help. Before you start thinking I'm some old f*ck who is not in touch, I am only 36, this all came to a head when I was 34. I had a great career and everything I needed.

Here's the thing though, you will quit doing drugs when you hit rock bottom, if it truly is a problem. Everybody's "rock bottom" is different, for me - I was stubborn, I had to lose EVERYTHING to realize what I was doingt o myself.

I packed up my remaining vehicle and drove to Florida (from Michigan) and when I got here my only relative that speaks to me, my brother, wouldn't even let me in his house. I had never lied to him or stolen from him (I didn't resort to that sort of crime, only doing the blow and drinking, I had the money so I didn't need to steal). Anyway, after that I drove to a bridge and was about to drive myaself off of it into the ocean, when something inside told me not to. I chickened out and drove to a local church instead.

You don't have to be saved by Jesus to get clean dude, but you need to help yourself.

Website soberrecovery.com is a decent place to chat with like minded folks.

No offense intended but you should really think twice about saying no to your grandparents. You were stating that one half of your family disowned you, don't wait until all of them have, get off your ass and do something about it.

I will think positive thoughts for you my friend.

Good luck.

MIAdragon
01-03-2006, 06:55 AM
Join the armed forces.

I agree 100%, this may be your best option. It would give you just about all you need to get past what you are going through and so much more. Why would you turn down a chance to get clean, earn a DECENT living ( the pay in the military is a lot better than most think ) further hone your computer skills, get some direction and most of all discipline. All of your problems are solved. Is it the easy way out? No. Is it going to suck sometimes? Hell yes. Will you be a better man for it, Id bet money on it. Good luck what ever you do.

Ultra Peanut
01-03-2006, 07:01 AM
Of course, anyone advising you that the military may be your best bet should also add that there's a chance you could be shipped off and be placed into a situation where you may get your ass shot off or blown up or whatever awful things can happen in nasty places that military personnel are sometimes sent to.

Discipline isn't going to help you do better in life if you end up in a body bag, and as such, people should look at joining the military because it's something they feel strongly compelled to do, not simply because they just need some direction in their lives. Due to the potential consequences and commitments, it's something of a big decision.

Skip Towne
01-03-2006, 07:07 AM
Iowanian should be along directly. He'll set you straight.

badgirl
01-03-2006, 07:18 AM
Drugs is not the answer, all they do is cover up the pain and issues you need to deal with temperarly, and trust me I know the feeling, if you can possible get off the drugs it starts to clear your thinking and allows you to better deal with life and physically you feel so much better. When I have done drugs or drink to cover my pain I always said, "its the only time I feel like normal people probably feel when I'm high".

Personally I don't think you will have a good relationship with anyone in your life and really, clearly see what you need to do for yourself until you get free from all drugs, I do congratulate you on your stopping using cocaine. For years it has been one drug or another to cover up everything in my life I should deal with, cause after all those years my problems are still here, only WORSE.

I wish you the best,and hope you make the right decision.

Matt Helm
01-03-2006, 07:28 AM
Join the armed forces.

That is an option that may not be open for him. To join the military you will be drug tested often, especially if you have a past of using drugs. Should the military be the direction he goes he needs to be 100% upfront with them before he goes in, that in itself could keep him out, but at least if he got past that point he would be a known commodity.

One poster commented about being shipped off to a place that he could wind up in a body bag. That is true, choose the service you want to be wisely, some have a lower percentage of personnel in the war zones and the exposure alot less than that of the Army or Marines. However, the Marines would be the best bet for a complete controlled atmosphere, there would be brothers that would help you at every turn.

Katipan
01-03-2006, 07:37 AM
Drugs rock.

If you're happy and healthy and settled and stable.

God rocks too.

Worshipping God on drugs is the best.

badgirl
01-03-2006, 07:40 AM
Drugs rock.

If you're happy and healthy and settled and stable.

God rocks too.

Worshipping God on drugs is the best.
:spock:

I beleive the point of his thread is that he isn't happy or settled or stable, I don't know about the healthy part, he didn't mention that I don't beleive. :)

Katipan
01-03-2006, 07:42 AM
They emphasize whatever you're feeling in life dearie.

I hardly think everyone should walk around in a stupor, but I'm also not the girl that drinks to feel normal.

RedDread
01-03-2006, 07:42 AM
That is an option that may not be open for him. To join the military you will be drug tested often, especially if you have a past of using drugs. Should the military be the direction he goes he needs to be 100% upfront with them before he goes in, that in itself could keep him out, but at least if he got past that point he would be a known commodity.

One poster commented about being shipped off to a place that he could wind up in a body bag. That is true, choose the service you want to be wisely, some have a lower percentage of personnel in the war zones and the exposure alot less than that of the Army or Marines. However, the Marines would be the best bet for a complete controlled atmosphere, there would be brothers that would help you at every turn.

Cold Turkey + Completely Controlled Environment

and after that possibly Combat Zone + PTSD

If you're looking for a life-changing event then that would be it. It sounds like you're going to be eating some crow no matter who you turn to, and this is going to require a lot of effort. Honestly, even with all that going against you I'd walk into a recruiters office and go to MEPS 30 days after you stop doing drugs. By then it will be out of your system and if you are really serious about turning your life around, the military is your best chance.

F what ya heard, just pick a Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) that will keep you away from front line combat and you will be set for the next 3-20 years.

badgirl
01-03-2006, 07:46 AM
They emphasize whatever you're feeling in life dearie.

I hardly think everyone should walk around in a stupor, but I'm also not the girl that drinks to feel normal.
OH drinking takes a totally different affect on me than drugs, drugs I feel good on, but drinking can be either really fun for me or I could get really mean, I don't care for drinking, but I guess its the company you choose to drink with on how the night is gonna turn out. My last stupor turned out to be a pretty good time.

Iowanian
01-03-2006, 07:46 AM
It sounds like ALL of your problems are self inflicted.
No sympathy here.

Lets work this out. You're an unmotivated drug addict, and you wonder why it might be possibly difficult to find gainful employment? You've been to college, for 5 YEARS!!! and now "college isn't for you". your mother is a "bad mother" but was paying for your car. Your grandparents aren't good enough to help you because they're people of faith.

Stop making excuses. Get your ass into rehab, finish the degree to go with that debt that someone has assumed for your 5 years of college and stop blaming your problems on your family.

Joining the military isn't even an option for a smackhead. All drug addicts have are excuses.

Unless you get off your ass and do somethign to improve your situation, enjoy your life as a construction laborer or welfare recipient. You're a loser by choice right now. Its one YOU can correct.

badgirl
01-03-2006, 07:48 AM
No sympathy here.

Lets work this out. You're an unmotivated drug addict, and you wonder why it might be possibly difficult to find gainful employment? You've been to college, for 5 YEARS!!! and now "college isn't for you".

Stop making excuses. Get your ass into rehab, finish the degree to go with that debt that someone has assumed for your 5 years of college and stop blaming your problems on your family.

Joining the military isn't even an option for a smackhead.

Unless you get off your ass and do somethign to improve your situation, enjoy your life as a construction laborer or welfare recipient.
I agree with you.

God I can't believe I just said that :shake:

Dartgod
01-03-2006, 07:55 AM
F what ya heard, just pick a Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) that will keep you away from front line combat and you will be set for the next 3-20 years.
Plus, you get all that pie.

RedDread
01-03-2006, 07:57 AM
Plus, you get all that pie.

I didn't get any pie :(

StcChief
01-03-2006, 07:59 AM
You must get off the drugs. Most jobs no days require a drug test.....

The A+ cert will get you started in a decent paying area of IT, though the bottom of the IT heirarchy rung. at 23 its a start.

If you like computer work, you can move up and the jobs are always around. Go live with your Grandparents and get your life turned around.

Get out of Oxford and the bad elements that your hanging out with doing drugs.

Don't come to KC with jobs skills and something on a resume. Or it's low end work.

Good luck

Iowanian
01-03-2006, 08:01 AM
..but...but...but I'm having fuuuuuuuuun in Oxford....sniffing glue, smoking dope and paying video games with mah loser friends all day.

All my asshole family ever does is bitch at me, take my car, offer me a place to live, but they go to church and expect me to do something to pull mah own weight. I mean, after I get done meeting Big Earl to get a hook up, I'm not even going to have any mooooonaaaay.

Call the whambulance.

I'm sure there are plenty of siding or roofing crews who will take on a meth head.

"but I'm not a meth head".

Yet.

Bwana
01-03-2006, 08:02 AM
When faced with a challenge, look for a way, not a way out. Life is full of choices, it sounds like you have been making the wrong ones. There is only one person that can who can change that. If you keep making the same choices, you will continue to get the same results. If you want to accomplish anything in life, you can't just sit back and hope it will happen. You've got to make it happen.

badgirl
01-03-2006, 08:05 AM
I feel its ok if you get rid of your drug problem to let your family "help you" use it only as a stepping stone to getting your life together, don't use it as a crutch.

sedated
01-03-2006, 08:10 AM
You are the combination of the 5 people you are closest to.

Get some new peers, moving back in with the family doesn't sound like a bad option, unless they are truly abusive "bad parents". Then do the grandparent thing.

If your friends and situation are ruining your life, you need to regroup, start over

RedDread
01-03-2006, 08:11 AM
This is a very bad topic to start and leave unattended......

Herzig
01-03-2006, 08:16 AM
No sympathy here.

Lets work this out. You're an unmotivated drug addict, and you wonder why it might be possibly difficult to find gainful employment? You've been to college, for 5 YEARS!!! and now "college isn't for you". your mother is a "bad mother" but was paying for your car. Your grandparents aren't good enough to help you because they're people of faith.

Joining the military isn't even an option for a smackhead. All drug addicts have are excuses.

Unless you get off your ass and do somethign to improve your situation, enjoy your life as a construction laborer or welfare recipient. You're a loser by choice right now. Its one YOU can correct.

One the best replies on this thread. Haven't you done enough damage to your mind, body, and future already? You have people that will help you/have helped you. That's more than 50% of the population out there. You are lucky that your Grandparents are willing to take you in. You are the result of your decisions and choices. Change and alter your path before it's too late. Good luck.

Herzig
01-03-2006, 08:21 AM

I read an article on yahoo the other day about more Air Force and Navy guys being deployed on the ground in Iraq to help our exausted Army and Marine guys.

Skip Towne
01-03-2006, 08:28 AM
One the best replies on this thread. Haven't you done enough damage to your mind, body, and future already? You have people that will help you/have helped you. That's more than 50% of the population out there. You are lucky that your Grandparents are willing to take you in. You are the result of your decisions and choices. Change and alter your path before it's too late. Good luck.
What are you doing posting in the middle of the day like this? Haven't you found a job yet?

Herzig
01-03-2006, 08:35 AM
What are you doing posting in the middle of the day like this? Haven't you found a job yet?

I have one more day of vacation until I go back to war on ignorance.

badgirl
01-03-2006, 08:39 AM
You definately have job security :)

Skip Towne
01-03-2006, 08:39 AM
Last time I checked, ignorance was winning.

Rain Man
01-03-2006, 08:40 AM
It's probably been said at some point, but ... you don't have money for a car so you can keep your job, yet you have money to waste on marijuana and drugs?

Step 1. Stop wasting money on drugs, which do nothing productive, and use that saved money to get a car. You've just solved three problems in one step: keep your job, get a car, stop using drugs.

Good luck to you.

Herzig
01-03-2006, 08:45 AM
Last time I checked, ignorance was winning.

Yeah, it gets pretty frustrating at times.

badgirl
01-03-2006, 08:46 AM
It's probably been said at some point, but ... you don't have money for a car so you can keep your job, yet you have money to waste on marijuana and drugs?

Step 1. Stop wasting money on drugs, which do nothing productive, and use that saved money to get a car. You've just solved three problems in one step: keep your job, get a car, stop using drugs.

Good luck to you.
OOOORRRR, just drop out of school, quit your job, stop doing drugs and start selling them, then you don't have to be a professional student, won't need to work, can buy you a car, you will have quit drugs, and can tell your mother where you know you'd love to have told her years ago.

Wow thats too many things solved for you right there.
:p

patteeu
01-03-2006, 08:50 AM
Of course, anyone advising you that the military may be your best bet should also add that there's a chance you could be shipped off and be placed into a situation where you may get your ass shot off or blown up or whatever awful things can happen in nasty places that military personnel are sometimes sent to.

Discipline isn't going to help you do better in life if you end up in a body bag, and as such, people should look at joining the military because it's something they feel strongly compelled to do, not simply because they just need some direction in their lives. Due to the potential consequences and commitments, it's something of a big decision.

The dude's killing himself now. He doesn't have enough self-discipline to save himself through half-measures (e.g. smoking dope in moderation instead of in excess). While he admits to making all kinds of bad choices, he still seems to put most of the blame on others (e.g. bad childhood memories, people disowning him, etc.). He needs to make some seriously good choices now or he might as well just jump off a bridge to get it over with faster. One of those choices needs to be to remove himself from his current circle of friends.

Joining the military has it's risks, but it isn't nearly as risky as the course he's on now.

QickSsurfer, you should seriously consider joining the military if you want to change your life for the better.

greg63
01-03-2006, 08:51 AM
Take the grandparents up on their offer to get you back on your feet. You can pay them back when you are financially, physically and emotionally stable. Not trying to be brash; just giving you what you ask for: MHO. Start the New Year out on a positive note, and have a good one.

Herzig
01-03-2006, 08:52 AM
OOOORRRR, just drop out of school, quit your job, stop doing drugs and start selling them, then you don't have to be a professional student, won't need to work, can buy you a car, you will have quit drugs, and can tell your mother where you know you'd love to have told her years ago.

Wow thats too many things solved for you right there.

He's lucky he's not serving time in prison taking it in the butt already...that's a quick way to end up there. Being locked up in a cage like an animal getting used as man-toy is not my idea of life. ROFL

ChiTown
01-03-2006, 08:52 AM
Stop crying and start working.

Work to get clean from drugs.

Work to make your relationship better with your family.

Work to be a more productive human being.

Work to get the hours you need to finish up your degree. It can only help you going forward.

Work to get a better group of friends that don't aspire to just get high and have a good time.

Work to have goals and aspirations, and work to make them happen.

Work to find a way out of your hole, and stop blaming everyone else, and every event that has taken place in your life. YOU CONTROL YOUR OWN LIFE!

Bottom line:
Stop the crying and start working. Lazy, unmotivated losers make excuses and look for luck. People who work hard make their own luck and mostly get rewarded. So get your ass in gear and stop looking for the next excuse.

All The Best to You!

badgirl
01-03-2006, 09:15 AM
He's lucky he's not serving time in prison taking it in the butt already...that's a quick way to end up there. Being locked up in a cage like an animal getting used as man-toy is not my idea of life. ROFL
If he's stupid enough to take my advice, he'd deserve one up the butt. ROFL

greg63
01-03-2006, 09:18 AM

Work to get the hours you need to finish up your degree. It can only help you going forward.

Work to get a better group of friends that don't aspire to just get high and have a good time.

Work to find a way out of your hole, and stop blaming everyone else, and every event that has taken place in your life. YOU CONTROL YOUR OWN LIFE!

Bottom line:
Stop the crying and start working. Lazy, unmotivated losers make excuses and look for luck. People who work hard make their own luck and mostly get rewarded. So get your ass in gear and stop looking for the next excuse.

GOOD LUCK!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

In other words do some "growing up". Great post!

Skip Towne
01-03-2006, 09:18 AM
Especially if you still have your boyish charm.

Saulbadguy
01-03-2006, 09:25 AM

Good luck to you.
Step 2. Steal bikes. Lots of bikes.
Step 3.
Step 4. Profit!

chagrin
01-03-2006, 09:27 AM
If he's stupid enough to take my advice, he'd deserve one up the butt. ROFL

Well, if you gave the advice, does that mean you're...into it???? Quick! Call rednfeisty!

Saul Good
01-03-2006, 09:27 AM
Please do not read this and make some witty/asshole comment because... i'm seriously concerned here. I know that there are a lot of elders ;) on this board and I honestly need some advice.. In a nutshell:

I am a recent 5th year senior drop out at Ole Miss (The University of Mississippi). All I have to show for a education right now is a minor in biology and a near BA in liberal arts (psychology). I have no future plans to go back to school. College is for some people - not me.
My family is a total wreck. It has been that way for as long as I can remember. My mother is a bad mother by all standards. Take my word for it. My mother and father both can be viewed as a mirror of misery.
Okay so I'm a, nearly, 23 year old recovering cocaine addict. Boom!! now that that's out :( My family (mother's side; the one that matters) "officially" disowned me this xmas holiday. My mother came up from Jackson, MS a few days before xmas and took my car. She was paying for it anyway. I can't even begin to think about what's going on in my life right now. One thing is for sure, I smoke way too much ganja :) It is used for a "no feeling" feeling. I'm sure a few of you know what i'm talking about. Well this feeling is 100% necessary for me to live a pretty happy life. At any rate, I'm out of school and just gave my two weeks notice to my job. I was a computer repair technician, not A+ certified (i would take and pass the test if i had the money to take the blasted thing!). I had to quit because their office is moving across town and there is no possible way for me to communte to and from.
Job opportunity?? In my home town - Madison, MS?? I need this job working for Apple in Madison. Problem is, there are a lot of horrific events that had taken place in my childhood, in Madison. Every time that I'm around my mother or even in that town I am flooded with these bad memories. I cannot live there.
My grandparents live about 20 minutes from Madison and offer me a place to stay and transportation. I could manage to live with them but it would be very, very hard. My grandparents are very firm believers in the "word of god". I'm a little more open minded, you could say :)
I want to stay in Oxford but simply cannot afford to live on my own right now. A lot of bad decisions that I've made in the past are really catching up to me, financially. Oxford is a better fit for me emotionally but ****ing Madison could help solve my financial and drug issues... maybe.. i don't know. What do you guys think? Despite the lack of details that you would probably need in order to understand my situation a bit more, what would you do if you were me?
I don't know why you're bothering to ask for advice. My bet is you've gotten plenty of good advice in the past, but you haven't bothered to follow it just as you haven't bothered to respond to many of the responses on this thread.
So far I've gathered this much from your posts.
1. College isn't for you
2. Religion isn't for you
3. The military isn't for you
4. You're a drug addict living in a college town
5. You're blaming others for your situation

Please don't move to KC. We've got enough people like you sleeping on our streets and begging for money.

Now here's some advice put into a dumbed-down analogy. There was a Seinfeld episode where George realizes that he's a very poor decision maker so he decides to do the opposite of what he thinks he should do. (Winds up telling a girl he's unemployed and lives with his parents instead of trying to impress her, etc.) As a result, things go well for him. I think it's safe to say that your decision-making ability is piss poor. You should do what George did and reverse your decisions. Your life would look like this:

1. College graduate
2. Devoted man of faith
3. Military supporter/officer
4. Clean and sober life in a grown-up town
5. Accountable for your own actions

Now THAT is a person I would welcome into my community.

badgirl
01-03-2006, 09:28 AM
Well, if you gave the advice, does that mean you're...into it???? Quick! Call rednfeisty!

I plead the 5th :)

If I didn't this thread would take on a whole new twist and this guy would be on drugs the rest of his life cause of all us horney, sex craved maniacs. :drool:

ChiefsFan4Life
01-03-2006, 09:36 AM
Instead of replying to the thread I think he's too busy sniffing the cocaine hiding under the keys

|Zach|
01-03-2006, 09:37 AM
Best of luck...lots of good advice here.

badgirl
01-03-2006, 09:38 AM
Instead of replying to the thread I think he's too busy sniffing the cocaine hiding under the keys
ROFL or maybe he wrote it during his tweaking phase and got busy doing 100 other things at the same time and forgot about the thread. :hmmm:

chagrin
01-03-2006, 09:38 AM

Or he's "cluckin" under the table

Herzig
01-03-2006, 09:41 AM

He posted this thread at 3:24 am...he's probably asleep.

ChiefsFan4Life
01-03-2006, 09:42 AM
He posted this thread at 3:24 am...he's probably passed out drunk and blaming the people who told him not to drink.

Fixed your post for you.

badgirl
01-03-2006, 09:43 AM
He probably run out to buy him some and forgot he was there, maybe he will show up for his party a little later today. :rolleyes:

QuikSsurfer
01-03-2006, 10:31 AM
You are 23 years old, and have a several opportunities... while it may look bleak right now, it is all working according to plan. Years from now, you will be able to look back on this trying time in your life and see how it positively affected your path.

Around this age, I had a slice of humble pie, and had no car, no job, and had to move in with family. It sucked, but it motivated me to get back on top.

Drop the nose candy, that shit isnt healthy... I cant with a good conscience tell you to drop the herbals, because I partake occassionally myself. let me offer this tidbit...

Moderation is key... things like that make a good icing on the cake of life, just dont let the drugs become the cake.

Get yourself in a new set of surroundings... chances are, if you dont, you might find yourself in the same boat the Maurice Clarett is in...

Love yourself, and make every attempt to be happy with whatever decisions you make... you are NOT your past decisions... you are NOW HERE for a reason, and you are in a critical fork in the road of life... be happy with it, and move in the right direction. This is a valuable opportunity to get a grip on who you are, and who you want to become.

And always remember, not to place blame on anyone, but take responsibility for everything. It is all working according to plan... your life right now, is the result of your past actions... you want a different future, take responsibility and move in the direction you feel is best for you.

And be happy with yourself, and your decisions.

:-)

great reply. i don't think i'll ever be able to stop smoking FOR GOOD but I think I have taken care of the snowflake issue. Thank you again for the post. I think you may have triggered something.

Saul Good
01-03-2006, 10:37 AM
great reply. i don't think i'll ever be able to stop smoking FOR GOOD but I think I have taken care of the snowflake issue. Thank you again for the post. I think you may have triggered something.
Sorry man, but the "moderation" thing doesn't work with addicts. Plus drug tests only have 2 results, positive or negative. There is no "only in moderation" result.

QuikSsurfer
01-03-2006, 10:37 AM

rep

Saul Good
01-03-2006, 10:41 AM
You're repping someone for giving you an excuse to not make something of yourself. You might as well rep someone for bashing Christianity also, thus giving you an excuse not to live with your grandparents. Let me give you some more excuses that aren't worth a damn.
You could get in a car crash and die on your way to class. College just isn't worth it.
You could work somewhere with asbestos. Employment just isn't worth it.
I could get hit by a bus tomorrow. I might as well get drunk and high in the meantime.

chagrin
01-03-2006, 10:50 AM
You're repping someone for giving you an excuse to not make something of yourself. You might as well rep someone for bashing Christianity also, thus giving you an excuse not to live with your grandparents. Let me give you some more excuses that aren't worth a damn.
You could get in a car crash and die on your way to class. College just isn't worth it.
You could work somewhere with asbestos. Employment just isn't worth it.
I could get hit by a bus tomorrow. I might as well get drunk and high in the meantime.

"rep"

ROFL

No shit, he seemed to have skipped all the actual advice and has decided to use moderation as a method to turn around his life.

You can't talk sense to true addicts, either he is an addict or he is just another kid, getting high and on the edge of becoming a true addict.

I feel bad for you, but I hope if you are in fact an addict, you pull yourself together. If you are not an addict, but just get high too much, even better, it will be easier to stop.

badgirl
01-03-2006, 10:53 AM
Thinking this Military thing through I have to say, the military IMO is something that has to be a part of you to go into it and make something of yourself, Just because someone who is a drug addict and needs a life and a kick in the ass wants to get straight isn't any reason for him to join the Military who has someones son, daughter, husband etc depending on him to get his back when he need it. I wouldn't want someone using the Military for rehab to be the one watching my loved ones back when bullets are flying. It has to be IN the person to change and stop looking for things to change it for him. First it was his parents, then grandparents, now the military? Its not the militarys duty to give him a life, if he isn't strong enough to change for himself, why the hell would he change for anything or anybody else? You need to take a real good look at where your life is headed and set your mind to change it. You will end up losing everything because of drugs and you want to blame all your hard times on someone else, blame the drug, its the drugs fault, but drug addicts will never ever blame anything on the drug.

Herzig
01-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Take this test.

http://www.1-800-therapist.com/drug_problem.htm

Herzig
01-03-2006, 10:57 AM
rep

I thought from your thread starter that you were looking for "Elders"...not someone younger than you that probably hasn't had much life experiences other than on Chiefsplanet.

QuikSsurfer
01-03-2006, 10:58 AM
No sympathy here.

I don't think that i'm a loser at all. I could be content with having a construction job if it paid the bills and offered decent benefits. Thanks for the post though

QuikSsurfer
01-03-2006, 10:59 AM
I thought from your thread starter that you were looking for "Elders"...not someone younger than you that probably hasn't had much life experiences other than on Chiefsplanet.

haha well.... desperation

|Zach|
01-03-2006, 10:59 AM
I don't think that i'm a loser at all. I could be content with having a construction job if it paid the bills and offered decent benefits. Thanks for the post though
I think its obvious you couldnt get or keep or do a construction job.

QuikSsurfer
01-03-2006, 11:03 AM
..but...but...but I'm having fuuuuuuuuun in Oxford....sniffing glue, smoking dope and paying video games with mah loser friends all day.

All my asshole family ever does is bitch at me, take my car, offer me a place to live, but they go to church and expect me to do something to pull mah own weight. I mean, after I get done meeting Big Earl to get a hook up, I'm not even going to have any mooooonaaaay.

Call the whambulance.

I'm sure there are plenty of siding or roofing crews who will take on a meth head.

"but I'm not a meth head".

Yet.

your first post was sufficient.

QuikSsurfer
01-03-2006, 11:04 AM
I think its obvious you couldnt get or keep or do a construction job.

Not today, no.

badgirl
01-03-2006, 11:04 AM
I don't think that i'm a loser at all.

Personally I don't look at you as being a loser, but someone who first needs to say you have a problem with drugs and change it. I think that is the FIRST thing that needs to change, and I am speaking from experience. Working as a construction worker is nothing to be ashamed of, but you said long as it paid the bill and got you what you need, what about setting your goals a lot higher than going through life with only what you need. What if you wanted to take vacation or buy a new ride wouldn't you want the money there for it? You have been in college for 5 years, you should set yourself some goals and try to reach them.

QuikSsurfer
01-03-2006, 12:09 PM

ding ding ding. Thank you

sedated
01-03-2006, 12:09 PM

Thank you, I've been looking for that excuse. Think my parents will buy it?

Bacon Cheeseburger
01-03-2006, 12:14 PM
I could be content with having a construction job if it paid the bills and offered decent benefits.

Good lord, don't go down that road. Plus you won't find one with benefits, unless you go union. Wages for construction jobs have been stagnant for years due to a large influx of cheap, illegal labor. Don't do it don't do it don't do it!

QuikSsurfer
01-03-2006, 12:16 PM
Thank you to those of you who posted with understanding. Sorry I haven't replied to some of the posts. I was not doing cocaine instead of replying to you. I started this thread to see what some of you thought about my situation - it does mean something to me. Again, thank you guys.

Taco John
01-03-2006, 12:19 PM

You'll never be able to stop something that you tell yourself that you can't stop. Just like you chose to smoke, you can chose not to. All you have to do is decide whether you're a smoker or not. You've obviously decided that you are a smoker. That's your choice. You can just as easily decide that you're not a smoker. It's actually a decision you can make. And when the urge hits you to smoke, you tell yourself "I'm not a smoker," and make the decision not to smoke and move on to the next thing. You just keep doing that until the urge finally dies because it's no longer a part of you.

For my part, I don't have a problem with MJ. I think it's better than alcohol, and don't see it as a threat in society. But it's not serving your better interests right now, and indeed, it's probably always going to be your own personal gateway to the other stuff that you don't need in your life. That's something that you don't want to hear, and like the other stuff that you don't want to hear in this thread you'll probably tune it out. That's fine. It's your choice. If you think you can control the MJ and do it only in "moderation," then go for it. Just make sure you're clear on the definition of "moderation." Once a week is moderation. Once a day is not. I personally think you'd be better served by telling yourself that you don't need it in your life right now, but you seem to think you need it, so I won't begrudge you for it. It's a place to start. If you can kick everything else, and only smoke weed in moderation, you're a lot better off than a lot of people. I don't think you can do it. The sense I get from reading your post is that you'll use it as a crutch, and when something else bad happens, you'll tell yourself that you can handle it just this once, and end up climbing the ladder again. You'd be better served, IMO, to get both feet on the ground, clean and sober, and if life throws you a curveball and you feel you need an escape, at least there's a rung you can go to that isn't going to completely wreck your life. I think that's a dangerous way to use drugs, but that's the choice you seem to have been making in your life, so it's up to you to manage, not me.

The bottom line is, if you want to make the best decision for your life right now, it's pretty clear what you need to do. You need to take your grandparents up on their offer with the intention of getting clean and getting on the right path in life. Whatever you do, you need intention in your life. If you don't get that intention, life will drag you around by the nose, and all you'll be able to do is follow it because you'll be too weak to do anything else and everything else will sound like such an astronomical leap that it's impossible. Once again it comes to making choices. You need to decide what you want in life, and then look at your opportunities with that in mind.

It sounds like you don't want to be a loser. It also sounds like you don't want to make the choices that will get you out of the losers path. Instead, you want to blame others for your lot in life and hope for the best. That's not how a mold is broken. A mold is broken by choosing a different mold. I have friends who have had it rough, but instead of wallowing in their past, they've closed the book on it and look towards the future. They use their past as a reminder of what they're not, and look to the future with anticipation of who they are now and what that will mean to their future. This is where you need to be. Everything you have in your life, you can project thoughts about toward the future and relatively guess where it will get you in life. These projections aren't Miss Cleo. They're common sense. Try it sometime. Next time you make a choice, any choice, ask yourself, "where is this taking me a year, two years, five years from now?" If you bother to think it through, and not just bury the answer because you don't like it, you'll have a tool that you can use in life to help you make better decisions. That's what you need right now... Better personal resource tools. Stuff to help you use your brain and help you to get in control of your out of whack urges.

You have the personal resources you need to pull yourself out of the nose dive. You simply need to take responsibility for where you are in life, and start using your will to make decisions, instead of letting the habits your body craves take over that will and make those decisions for you. The good news about body craves is that they go away once your system is flushed of the toxins. All you have to do is decide what is and isn't you, and then act on that decision. It's really that simple.

Hog Farmer
01-03-2006, 12:29 PM
You'll never be able to stop something that you tell yourself that you can't stop. Just like you chose to smoke, you can chose not to. All you have to do is decide whether you're a smoker or not. You've obviously decided that you are a smoker. That's your choice. You can just as easily decide that you're not a smoker. It's actually a decision you can make. And when the urge hits you to smoke, you tell yourself "I'm not a smoker," and make the decision not to smoke and move on to the next thing. You just keep doing that until the urge finally dies because it's no longer a part of you.

For my part, I don't have a problem with MJ. I think it's better than alcohol, and don't see it as a threat in society. But it's not serving your better interests right now, and indeed, it's probably always going to be your own personal gateway to the other stuff that you don't need in your life. That's something that you don't want to hear, and like the other stuff that you don't want to hear in this thread you'll probably tune it out. That's fine. It's your choice. If you think you can control the MJ and do it only in "moderation," then go for it. Just make sure you're clear on the definition of "moderation." Once a week is moderation. Once a day is not. I personally think you'd be better served by telling yourself that you don't need it in your life right now, but you seem to think you need it, so I won't begrudge you for it. It's a place to start. If you can kick everything else, and only smoke weed in moderation, you're a lot better off than a lot of people. I don't think you can do it. The sense I get from reading your post is that you'll use it as a crutch, and when something else bad happens, you'll tell yourself that you can handle it just this once, and end up climbing the ladder again. You'd be better served, IMO, to get both feet on the ground, clean and sober, and if life throws you a curveball and you feel you need an escape, at least there's a rung you can go to that isn't going to completely wreck your life. I think that's a dangerous way to use drugs, but that's the choice you seem to have been making in your life, so it's up to you to manage, not me.

The bottom line is, if you want to make the best decision for your life right now, it's pretty clear what you need to do. You need to take your grandparents up on their offer with the intention of getting clean and getting on the right path in life. Whatever you do, you need intention in your life. If you don't get that intention, life will drag you around by the nose, and all you'll be able to do is follow it because you'll be too weak to do anything else and everything else will sound like such an astronomical leap that it's impossible. Once again it comes to making choices. You need to decide what you want in life, and then look at your opportunities with that in mind.

It sounds like you don't want to be a loser. It also sounds like you don't want to make the choices that will get you out of the losers path. Instead, you want to blame others for your lot in life and hope for the best. That's not how a mold is broken. A mold is broken by choosing a different mold. I have friends who have had it rough, but instead of wallowing in their past, they've closed the book on it and look towards the future. They use their past as a reminder of what they're not, and look to the future with anticipation of who they are now and what that will mean to their future. This is where you need to be. Everything you have in your life, you can project thoughts about toward the future and relatively guess where it will get you in life. These projections aren't Miss Cleo. They're common sense. Try it sometime. Next time you make a choice, any choice, ask yourself, "where is this taking me a year, two years, five years from now?" If you bother to think it through, and not just bury the answer because you don't like it, you'll have a tool that you can use in life to help you make better decisions. That's what you need right now... Better personal resource tools. Stuff to help you use your brain and help you to get in control of your out of whack urges.

You have the personal resources you need to pull yourself out of the nose dive. You simply need to take responsibility for where you are in life, and start using your will to make decisions, instead of letting the habits your body craves take over that will and make those decisions for you. The good news about body craves is that they go away once your system is flushed of the toxins. All you have to do is decide what is and isn't you, and then act on that decision. It's really that simple.

Conclusion: 1) Taco sucks at counseling.
2) Taco = pothead

QuikSsurfer
01-03-2006, 12:29 PM

I smoke about 4 times a day and have been for about 2 1/2 years now. I used to think that I operated on mj. It has been my jesus; my cross.
I know I can't go on like this without getting a grip. You hit the nail on the head

sedated
01-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Goals are overrated.

Katipan
01-03-2006, 12:31 PM
I don't smoke on days I'm hungover.

ChiefsFan4Life
01-03-2006, 12:32 PM
I smoke about 4 times a day and have been for about 2 1/2 years now. I used to think that I operated on mj. It has been my jesus; my cross.
I know I can't go on like this without getting a grip. You hit the nail on the head

Ah, so you are a religious man... :rolleyes:

You come on here asking for advice when all you do is ignore the good advice or give excuses why you can't follow it and when someone comes along and gives you support for what you are currently doing (being a dumbass) then you +rep them

luv
01-03-2006, 12:33 PM
I'm not an elder, but it sounds to me like your life is a result of the choices you've made. You remind me of my older brother in the aspect that you think all these things are just happening to you. I don't do drugs, and I lead a pretty happy life. I agree with TJ in the aspect that you are a smoker because you choose to be. Once my brother learned to take responsibility (somewhat) for his actions, and realized that his choices can affect others as well as himself, his life got better for him. He still makes some wrong choices, IMO, but he deals with them. Change your outlook and make some different choices.

ChiTown
01-03-2006, 12:33 PM

My man, I've known a few people that needed re-hab to get on with their life. When your demons own you, it's time for re-hab.

luv
01-03-2006, 12:34 PM
If you know it is a problem, then it is time to do something about it besides contemplate it.

badgirl
01-03-2006, 12:36 PM

You come on here asking for advice when all you do is ignore the good advice or give excuses why you can't follow it and when someone comes along and gives you support for what you are currently doing (being a dumbass) then you +rep them
Slowly but surely, drugs will fry the brain,maybe thats it :hmmm:

sedated
01-03-2006, 12:36 PM
Sounds like the first step is over, admitting you have a problem and looking for ways to solve it.

Saul Good
01-03-2006, 12:56 PM
The guy doesn't want or need advice. Clearly he's intelligent enough to know that he should stop doing drugs, go back to school, graciously accept help from his grandparents, and make something of his life. This isn't brain surgery we're talking about here. It's simply having the self-discipline to do the most basic things in life.
Some people are just weak. This guy is one of them. We all have weaknesses. All the advice in the world won't overcome this weakness, though. It can only be overcome by looking at one's self in the mirror and being disgusted enough in what you see to make a change even though it will cause temporary discomfort.
You clearly have a problem with drugs. You abuse them. You are not the kind of person who can use them in moderation, so you shouldn't use at all. Clearly you have a problem with religion. Most people who have a problem with religion actually have a fear of rightness versus wrongness. Even if you don't believe in God and/or Jesus, you could do worse than living a gracious and moral life. Clearly you have a problem with your parents. I don't know what they've done, nor do I care. They aren't stopping you from making something of your life any more than they are stopping me from making something of mine.
You've got enough pride to defend yourself when someone calls you a loser. That's a good sign. Have enough pride to stop being a puss and go make something of your life.

CoMoChief
01-03-2006, 12:59 PM
Do some more drugs then things wont seem so bad because you wont care. No im kidding. You could work in the forces with computers and such. Once you have a foundation or something go look for a job, maybe by then you will have some connections.

phisherman
01-03-2006, 01:03 PM
quit smoking pot you f**king hippie!

lol

bp

milkman
01-03-2006, 01:11 PM
I haven't read through any of these posts, and I know that you think I'm an asshole, and I have earned that label.

But I'm going to give you some advice.

Take it for what it's worth.

Grow the **** up.

I don't give a rat's ass how bad you think things are in your family.
I don't care that you have a low opinion of your mother, or your father.

I can gaurantee you, your childhood wasn't as bad as mine.

Hell, you were in college, your mother was paying for your car?

Compared to me and mine, your the ****in' Cleaver family.

I never used my traumatic childhood as a crutch, or an excuse to do drugs.

I took responsibility for my life.

Grow up and take some responsibility for yours.

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 01:11 PM
I don't smoke on days I'm hungover.
I'm not hungover when I smoke.

Taco John
01-03-2006, 01:17 PM
Conclusion: 1) Taco sucks at counseling.
2) Taco = pothead

Actually, I'm just being non-judgemental, because I know that all of the "you're a loser" stuff is going nowhere. I'm not afraid to admit that I don't have a problem with people smoking pot. I don't see it as a big deal. I used to do it. I know what it's about. I choose to operate differently because I felt it was interfering with some of my relationships. I'm no more a pot head than I am an alcoholic. Which is to say, I'll probably drink another beer in my life, and I'll probably smoke another bowl sometime too. I don't have a problem with either of them. They don't rule my life.

Which is a pretty good life, if I say so myself. Best of all, I don't have to clean up pig shit.

Katipan
01-03-2006, 01:20 PM
I'm not hungover when I smoke.

We must get Taco stoned.

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 01:20 PM
We must get Taco stoned.
I dunno... that guy looks like he can put away some Funyuns.

Taco John
01-03-2006, 01:27 PM
Hahahaha! Fuq you Endelt!

sedated
01-03-2006, 01:33 PM
Step 1 - Give any leftover drugs to me.

Step 2 - Leave me alone (with my bong and straw)

Otter
01-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Step #1:

Lay of the drugs.

I got nothing against smoking a joint or tying one on, many can attest to that, but using them to escape your problems is a bad idea. Save the buzz for the good times, not the bad.

Otter
01-03-2006, 01:37 PM
We must get Taco stoned.

Hell, even I'd promise to be nice and not take pictures if Taco did a bong hit.

sedated
01-03-2006, 01:38 PM
ENDelt, Mer looks pretty hot in your new avatar. Why blank out the face? Are you that ashamed?

Katipan
01-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Hell, even I'd promise to be nice and not take pictures if Taco did a bong hit.

heh. heh.

apparently, I'm not a nice girl.

Katipan
01-03-2006, 01:39 PM
ENDelt, Mer looks pretty hot in your new avatar. Why blank out the face? Are you that ashamed?

Yes. It's really gross. Be glad it's the way it is. If you smoke enough pot it starts to sharpen and you can see my disfigurement.

sedated
01-03-2006, 01:42 PM
If you smoke enough pot it starts to sharpen and you can see my disfigurement.

I'll get right on that...

Otter
01-03-2006, 01:43 PM
Yes. It's really gross. Be glad it's the way it is. If you smoke enough pot it starts to sharpen and you can see my disfigurement.

When I logged on about 3am New Years Day I thought I saw a lazy eyeball and a cleft lip.

Inspector
01-03-2006, 01:46 PM
OH drinking takes a totally different affect on me than drugs, drugs I feel good on, but drinking can be either really fun for me or I could get really mean, I don't care for drinking, but I guess its the company you choose to drink with on how the night is gonna turn out. My last stupor turned out to be a pretty good time.

If you are drinking alcohol you are drinking a drug. It is more of a "drug" (to me) than plants growing wild out in the forest. That's just my opinion BTW.

Anyway, to the young man looking for advice, just say to yourself:

"If it's to be, it's up to me".

Figure out what you want to do (what did you enjoy as a child?) and figure out the best way to get from here to there.

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 01:57 PM
I tried to blur out mine, but my aim sucks when I'm drunk.

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 01:58 PM
heh. heh.

apparently, I'm not a nice girl.
No kiddin'. When you suggested we get TJ high, my first thought was, "Yes! Then when he passes out we can dress him up in women's clothes and take pictures!"

badgirl
01-03-2006, 01:58 PM
If you are drinking alcohol you are drinking a drug. It is more of a "drug" (to me) than plants growing wild out in the forest. That's just my opinion BTW.

Anyway, to the young man looking for advice, just say to yourself:

"If it's to be, it's up to me".

Figure out what you want to do (what did you enjoy as a child?) and figure out the best way to get from here to there.
I agree I think alcohol is one of the worse drugs if your an alcoholic, but it doesn't hurt to have a couple beers with friends as long as you don't put anyone elses safety at risk.

I do see where your coming from and I pretty much agree.

Inspector
01-03-2006, 02:01 PM

Bottom line:

All The Best to You!

Good advice. Follow this!

The Bad Guy
01-03-2006, 02:02 PM
I don't think that i'm a loser at all. I could be content with having a construction job if it paid the bills and offered decent benefits. Thanks for the post thoughWell then you are in massive denial.

You're in college 5 years and you're going to quit now?

That spells loser.

You have no money, but you do manage to have money for drugs?

That spells loser.

You know you have a problem, but can "never" give up smoking weed?

That spells loser.

You want the easy way out with everything.

I'm not trying to rag on you, but these guys are right, everything is an excuse why you can't do something.

You have your grandparents, who are trying to help you get on your feet, offer to let you live there, but you just can't because of how miserable you would be.

That means that you'll likely be miserable because you couldn't be a junkie all the time.

I really think you love your life now. You just can't afford the druggie lifestyle.

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 02:03 PM

That spells loser.

That spells resourceful. This kid's a doer.

The Bad Guy
01-03-2006, 02:05 PM
That spells resourceful. This kid's a doer.

Ha. That spells no priorities.

Inspector
01-03-2006, 02:06 PM
I agree I think alcohol is one of the worse drugs if your an alcoholic, but it doesn't hurt to have a couple beers with friends as long as you don't put anyone elses safety at risk.

I do see where your coming from and I pretty much agree.

DOn't get me wrong.

A cold beer sounds pretty good.

I don't draw a big distinction between legal and illegal drugs. All of them are bad for ya, but I'm a pretty big believer in personal responsibility. Do whatever you want to your body, just be responsible for what you do.

I probably shouldn't even discuss this since I've never even tried any of that stuff except for a beer in the late 60's.

I just realized how boring I am.........

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 02:06 PM
Ha. That spells no priorities.
Sure he's got priorities....

1) Weed
2) Other stuff

Count Zarth
01-03-2006, 02:08 PM

Good lord.

You have problems.

Saul Good
01-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Well then you are in massive denial.

You're in college 5 years and you're going to quit now?

That spells loser.

That spells loser.

You know you have a problem, but can "never" give up smoking weed?

That spells loser.

You want the easy way out with everything.

I'm not trying to rag on you, but these guys are right, everything is an excuse why you can't do something.

You have your grandparents, who are trying to help you get on your feet, offer to let you live there, but you just can't because of how miserable you would be.

That means that you'll likely be miserable because you couldn't be a junkie all the time.

I really think you love your life now. You just can't afford the druggie lifestyle.
Eventually he'll find a reason to discount CP's help the way he bags on his parents, grandparents, religion, the military, etc. It's not his fault, though. Even blaming the drugs is BS. Drugs and alcohol don't get you high and drunk unless you choose to use them. All the cocaine in Colombia can't get you high if you stay the hell away from it.

Count Zarth
01-03-2006, 02:10 PM
BTW, what does "smoking a bowl" entail?

I always thought the only way to smoke weed was with a bong or a cigarette.

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 02:11 PM
Weed isn't my Jesus. But, Jesus does hang out with me when I smoke.

HI JESUS!

Katipan
01-03-2006, 02:11 PM
Weed isn't my Jesus. But, Jesus does hang out with me when I smoke.

HI JESUS!

This post was supposed to go after my "worshipping God on drugs is the best" post.

dammit brian.

The Bad Guy
01-03-2006, 02:12 PM

I've never smoked a day in my life, but I think it's the pipe thing that you stuff weed in and then smoke.

I could be way off though.

jspchief
01-03-2006, 02:13 PM

I always thought the only way to smoke weed was with a bong or a cigarette.A bowl is a pipe bowl.

And not the type of pipe that Gramps smoked that smelled like Vanilla.

Pot pipes, bongs, steam-rollers, etc. have bowls. It's the hollowed out area that you put the pot in.

Taco John
01-03-2006, 02:13 PM

Speaking of losers...

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 02:14 PM
This post was supposed to go after my "worshipping God on drugs is the best" post.

dammit brian.
Sorry hon. I haven't been keeping up on the whole thread. I'll do better next time.

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 02:15 PM
And not the type of pipe that Gramps smoked that smelled like Vanilla.

That pipe has a bowl, too.

Count Zarth
01-03-2006, 02:15 PM
That makes sense.

For some reason whenever anyone said that I always had this mental image:

http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/DGV/DGV050/1103002.jpg

Katipan
01-03-2006, 02:16 PM
Sorry hon. I haven't been keeping up on the whole thread. I'll do better next time.

I seem to remember a similar conversation when you chose to leave me at the door and not pay my cover.

Oh wait. You blamed pot then.

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 02:17 PM
I remember one time an old pothead in my fraternity grabbed the message pad by the phone and left a message from "Pakafat Boule" that he "wants to party".

I think it was funnier for him than anyone... yknow, sober.

jspchief
01-03-2006, 02:18 PM
That pipe has a bowl, too.True. And it could be used to smoke pot. But it's typically a different type of pipe than that.

Just trying to give him the proper image.

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 02:19 PM
And it could be used to smoke pot.

I've smoked pot out of a corn cob pipe before. My old roommate was a big fan of smoking out of corn cob pipes actually. I guess you could get them for really cheap at country gas stations.

sedated
01-03-2006, 02:23 PM
funny how a thread that started as "I need help putting down the pipe" as evolved into a bunch of pot-head stories and theories (not to mention the knowledge our non-pot-head brothers have obtained)

sorry, I'm stoned and my mind is wandering a bit

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 02:25 PM
funny how a thread that started as "I need help putting down the pipe" as evolved into a bunch of pot-head stories and theories

What did you think we were actually gonna help the kid?

Best I can do is serve as a counterexample. Course, my life's pretty f*cking together for being a pothead. Got me a steady job, a nice condo, a beautiful girlfriend. Oh, if only I hadn't smoked pot. Think of what I could have achieved!

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2006, 02:29 PM

Best I can do is serve as a counterexample. Course, my life's pretty f*cking together for being a pothead. Got me a steady job, a nice condo, a beautiful girlfriend. Oh, if only I hadn't smoked pot. Think of what I could have achieved!

heh...

The Afroman--Because I Got High

I was gonna clean my room until I got high
I gonna get up and find the broom but then I got high
my room is still messed up and I know why
- cause I got high [repeat 3X]

I was gonna go to class before I got high
I coulda cheated and I coulda passed but I got high
I am taking it next semester and I know why

I was gonna go to work but then I got high
I just got a new promotion but I got high
now I'm selling dope and I know why

I was gonna go to court before I got high
I was gonna pay my child support but then I got high
they took my whole paycheck and I know why

I wasnt gonna run from the cops but I was high
I was gonna pull right over and stop but I was high
Now I am a paraplegic - because I got high [repeat 3X]

I was gonna pay my car note until I got high
I was gonna gamble on the boat but then I got high
now the tow truck is pulling away and I know why
- because I got high [repeat 3X]

I was gonna make love to you but then I got high
I was gonna eat yo pussy too but then I got high
now I'm jacking off and I know why

I messed up my entire life because I got high
I lost my kids and wife because I got high
now I'm sleeping on the sidewalk and I know why

I'm gonna stop singing this song because I'm high
I'm singing this whole thing wrong because I'm high
and if I dont sell one copy I know why
- cause I'm high [repeat 3X]

Count Zarth
01-03-2006, 02:31 PM
PotPlanet

Katipan
01-03-2006, 02:31 PM
YAY now it's a lyrics thread!

David Allen Coe Lyrics - The Devil Went To Jamaica Lyrics

The devil went to Jamaica
He was looking to sell some weed
He was doin' fine
They were standin' in line
It was excellent weed indeed
When he came across a young man
Who was likewise peddling pot
And the devil slid down the beach to the kid
And said boy let me tell you what
I guess you kind of figured
I'm a reefer head of course
And after all this time
I guess that I'm a conniseur of sorts
Now your stuff smells okay
But this could tranquilize a horse
I'll bet a million in cash against your stash
Cause I think mines better than yours
The boy said my names Johnny
And you ain't smoked nothing yet
One hit of this grass will kick your a@@
You got yourself a bet

Johnny roll a ball of hash
And make sure it's the bomb
Cause the devils got the kind of stuff they smoked in Vietnam
You'll get a million smack-a-roo's in cash if you can cope
But if you can't the devil gets your dope

The devil packed a bong
With a little Acapulco Gold
And resin flew from his finger tips
As he fired up his bowl
He filled that chamber all the way
And he took a mighty hit
And as they passed it back and forth
It gave them both a coughing fit
(coughing)
When the bowl was finished Johnny said
Hey man, that stuff was great
But fill your lungs with some of this
And prepare to vegetate

Cannibis Sativa, Sweet Maryjane
The devils in the backyard frying his brain
Zig-Zag filled with the diggity-dank
Hold on tight it will hit you like a tank

The devil nodded off
Because he knew that he was stoned
And he asked if he could by an ounce
Of the stuff that Johnny owned
Johnny said, Devil just come on back
If you ever wanna catch a buzz
I done told you once
You son of a bi$^h
Mine's the best there ever was

And they fired up doobies one by one
Ain't gonna stop until the bag is done
Green as a bullfrog
Sticky as glue
Granny do you get high, yes I do

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 02:32 PM
I used to sing that Afroman song at karaoke.

I used to add on an extra line at the end... "I f*cked [insert karaoke host's name]'s mom in the ass because I got high"

When I started doing that, it was with a host that we were always flipping each other shit throughout the show. I offended a few other hosts when he quit, though... so, I dropped it.

jspchief
01-03-2006, 02:32 PM
I can certainly testify that quitting pot coincided with me getting my life turned around. I don't know that it was 100% responsible, but I know making that a major part of my lifestyle change was a key element.

Quit that shit solid for a year or two. Then you can make a decision if you want to still do it socially. You might realize that you don't miss it much.

Katipan
01-03-2006, 02:35 PM
I just get pregnant when I need a break.

badgirl
01-03-2006, 02:36 PM
ROFL

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2006, 02:36 PM
YAY now it's a lyrics thread!

David Allen Coe Lyrics - The Devil Went To Jamaica Lyrics

The devil went to

Joe played my first David Allen Coe song for me at the first 37Forever weekend I went to...."Cum Stains on my pillow." Coe is friggen genious.

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 02:38 PM
Yeah, but how many months does it take for you to realize why your Doritos intake went up?

siberian khatru
01-03-2006, 02:38 PM
For my part, I don't have a problem with MJ. I think it's better than alcohol, and don't see it as a threat in society. But it's not serving your better interests right now, and indeed, it's probably always going to be your own personal gateway to the other stuff that you don't need in your life. That's something that you don't want to hear, and like the other stuff that you don't want to hear in this thread you'll probably tune it out. That's fine. It's your choice. If you think you can control the MJ and do it only in "moderation," then go for it.

I'm confused -- what does Michael Jordan have to do with any of this?

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 02:39 PM
Joe played my first David Allen Coe song for me at the first 37Forever weekend I went to...."Cum Stains on my pillow." Coe is friggen genious.
Heh... there's some other songs on that CD that are considerably less suitable for mixed company.

I sang the last verse of "You Never Even Called Me By My Name" at a Motorola recruiting event and still somehow got an offer.

Herzig
01-03-2006, 02:41 PM
I can certainly testify that quitting pot coincided with me getting my life turned around. I don't know that it was 100% responsible, but I know making that a major part of my lifestyle change was a key element.

Quit that shit solid for a year or two. Then you can make a decision if you want to still do it socially. You might realize that you don't miss it much.

Good advice. I've done my share of the partying, but there's much more to life...like football, golf, chicks, etc.

Katipan
01-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Yeah, but how many months does it take for you to realize why your Doritos intake went up?

cheetos and funyuns, dammit

Katipan
01-03-2006, 02:42 PM
Good advice. I've done my share of the partying, but there's much more to life...like football, golf, chicks, etc.

I have pictures of a naked golf tournament that had lots of weed smoking going on.

We can multi task.

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 02:42 PM
cheetos and funyuns, dammit
I was trying to diversify my pothead snackfood humor.

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 02:43 PM
I have pictures of a naked golf tournament that had lots of weed smoking going on.

We can multi task.
Wait.... just who is naked in these pictures?

Katipan
01-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Wait.... just who is naked in these pictures?

Trainwrecks from Amazons... Bandaids...

My really really short friend named Tony who has a coke can for a penis.

jspchief
01-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Good advice. I've done my share of the partying, but there's much more to life...like football, golf, chicks, etc.You might also find out it's the only thing you have in common with the losers you hang out with. And getting away from them might be as big a step as anything when it comes to cleaning up your life.

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 02:50 PM
My really really short friend named Tony who has a coke can for a penis.

He should really find a new doctor.

Katipan
01-03-2006, 02:52 PM
He should really find a new doctor.

It's fun to smoke bowls out of!

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 02:56 PM
It's fun to smoke bowls out of!
ROFL He doesn't mind you crushing it up and poking a bunch of holes in it?

Saulbadguy
01-03-2006, 02:57 PM
Speaking of losers...
:rolleyes:

Because everyone has done it, right?

sedated
01-03-2006, 02:58 PM
I can certainly testify that quitting pot coincided with me getting my life turned around.

I agree, if you can't handle it, you should quit. But don't group all pot-heads together. As ENDelt said, he leads a successful life despite what he consumes (pot, liquor, p*ssy)

maybe quitting was a part of turning your life around, but not the cause.

I tell the same to the "re-born" jerkoffs

"I turned my life around the day I started f*cking sheep. It must be the key!"

badgirl
01-03-2006, 03:01 PM
I agree, if you can't handle it, you should quit. But don't group all pot-heads together. As ENDelt said, he leads a successful life despite what he consumes (pot, liquor, p*ssy)

maybe quitting was a part of turning your life around, but not the cause.

I tell the same to the "re-born" jerkoffs

"I turned my life around the day I started f*cking sheep. It must be the key!"
Thats it if your a sheep F*cker your not invited to alabama. :harumph:

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 03:02 PM
Do they already have enough there?

Saulbadguy
01-03-2006, 03:04 PM
All the "good men" are already hooked up with sheep.

sedated
01-03-2006, 03:30 PM

Only when I'm drunk, or the sheep is really cute.

(...and a person excitied about getting gang-f*cked by two strangers should not be talking :p )

badgirl
01-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Do they already have enough there?
yea they have barnyard orgies down here, or so I've heard.

badgirl
01-03-2006, 03:33 PM
Only when I'm drunk, or the sheep is really cute.

...and a person excitied about getting gang-f*cked by two strangers should not be talking ROFL
you got me there, but like I said its been a while and my fantasies get real freaky, but, no animals are ever there in my fantasies. well maybe men who act like animals. :drool:

Damn it I am giving out way to much info here. :banghead:

sedated
01-03-2006, 03:38 PM
Damn it I am giving out way to much info here. :banghead:

it's okay.

no one here will ever meet you, and those in Alabama don't know how to use computers (or read)

your secrets are safe here.

so, about those fantasies...

badgirl
01-03-2006, 03:40 PM
it's okay.

no one here will ever meet you, and those in Alabama don't know how to use computers (or read), so your secrets are safe here. (that means you can keep going)
well alrighty then!!!!

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Good Lord... we were having a pleasant discussion here about some coked-up dropout, and now we have to hear about badgirl's wobbly H dreams?

badgirl
01-03-2006, 03:43 PM
Good Lord... we were having a pleasant discussion here about some coked-up dropout, and now we have to hear about badgirl's wobbly H dreams?
oh shut up, I don't give details, close your eyes when you read my posts.

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 03:49 PM
oh shut up, I don't give details, close your eyes when you read my posts.
What, you think I have one of them fancy braille monitors?

badgirl
01-03-2006, 03:51 PM
What, you think I have one of them fancy braille monitors?
I don't know but just keep your fingers moving when its my posts. :)

patteeu
01-03-2006, 03:56 PM
QickSsurfer, are you gay?

sedated
01-03-2006, 04:01 PM

WTF did that come from?

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2006, 04:10 PM

Hey, hey....back off bud. You are encroaching into my territory there now, man. :harumph:

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2006, 04:11 PM
I don't know but just keep your fingers moving when its my post. :)

Did you intend that for Stumppy?

Katipan
01-03-2006, 04:11 PM
Hey, hey....back off bud. You are encroaching into my territory there now, man. :harumph:

Mr. Kotter, are you gay?

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2006, 04:14 PM
Mr. Kotter, are you gay?

No, but I use to be.

Taco John
01-03-2006, 04:22 PM
No, but I use to be.

Now THAT explains everything.

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2006, 04:24 PM
Now THAT explains everything.

Of course it does; but you knew that, lover. I just got tired of your headaches.

Katipan
01-03-2006, 04:25 PM
NOW this thread is going somewhere!

Taco John
01-03-2006, 04:34 PM
Of course it does; but you knew that, lover. I just got tired of your headaches.

WOW. Gay AND delusional! Add in Schizo and you've got the trifecta!

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2006, 04:50 PM
WOW. Gay AND delusional! Add in Schizo and you've got the trifecta!

You use to like our "Elton John-George Michael-Ellen DeGeneres" role play. :harumph:

I now understand why you always chose to be on the receiving end of Ellen's "Big John" strap-on though..... :hmmm:

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 04:51 PM
I dated a schizophrenic girl once.

I don't recommend that.

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2006, 04:52 PM
I dated a schizophrenic girl once.

I don't recommend that.

As long as her personalities were all nymphs....

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 04:53 PM
As long as her personalities were all nymphs....
schizophrenia dne mpd.

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2006, 05:42 PM
schizophrenia dne mpd.

dne mpd.....dance New England multiple personality disorder?

Really? You dated the whole New England cheerleading squad?

NOW, you got my attention. :hmmm:

patteeu
01-03-2006, 06:05 PM
WTF did that come from?

I had a friend who made many of the same bad choices as QuikSsurfer. He had a childhood that was less than perfect although I don't really know the details. He struggled with his gayness (it conflicted with his fundamentalist Christian upbringing until he decided to abandon religion in favor of hedonism). He had drug problems that he couldn't shake. He was smart, but dropped out of college when he was less than a semester away from graduating with a relatively useless degree. After leaving school, he continued to make bad decisions by hanging out with people who fed his hedonistic lifestyle. He had cocaine problems and even during the periods when he got away from cocaine, he continued to smoke pot, believing/claiming that he needed pot to remain sane. Eventually, he took advantage of and alienated most of the real friends that he had (e.g. borrowing money from them without any real intention of paying them back, living with them without making much of an effort to get on his own feet, general dishonesty, etc.). As far as I know, he continues to barely scrape by, reaping the results of bad decisions of the past and making new bad decisions. Even in his sex life he's made bad decisions choosing to target college-aged straight guys for one-night stands fueled by drugs and alcohol rather than trying to find a gay partner with whom he can have a real relationship. The guy's a mess.

sedated
01-03-2006, 06:25 PM
The guy's a mess.

:hmmm:

Ultra Peanut
01-03-2006, 06:26 PM
For my part, I don't have a problem with MJ. I think it's better than alcohol, and don't see it as a threat in society. But it's not serving your better interests right now, and indeed, it's probably always going to be your own personal gateway to the other stuff that you don't need in your life.I would agree with that, in whole.

Ultra Peanut
01-03-2006, 06:30 PM

You come on here asking for advice when all you do is ignore the good advice or give excuses why you can't follow it and when someone comes along and gives you support for what you are currently doing (being a dumbass) then you +rep themI didn't offer my support for him bumming around Oxford and doing coke, or anything, I simply responded to the first of many posts saying the military will fix everything ("All problems fixed.") and he should really, truly JUST GO DO IT NOW TO BECOME A BETTER PERSON OR YOU'RE FOREVER DOOMED TO A WORTHLESS LIFE!

I just think the military is something that you should look into for a better reason than, "My life sucks and I need help," is all.

Actually, I'm just being non-judgemental, because I know that all of the "you're a loser" stuff is going nowhere.But... but... condemning someone is the best way to help them!

Iowanian
01-03-2006, 06:31 PM

Don't be mistaken for all the tender feelings around here.

based on what you posted, right now in your life, you're the DEFINITION of LOSER.

You're an unmotivated, college dropout with 5 years of debt(or wasted parental money), you've done enough fugging up that some of your family has disowned you, you've got a drug habbit you're denying and you're looking for easy answers.

The more I think about it, DON'T go live with your grandparents. They're probably just nice people you'll end up taking advantage of and stealing from to support your "non-habbit".

One of my best friends is a recovering You. I've seen this song and dance many, many times.

You're a loser at this point in your life, no matter what the other stoned video gamers you spent the afternoon with say. Only YOU can change that.

Taco John
01-03-2006, 06:36 PM
I don't think Endelt is much into video games.

sedated
01-03-2006, 06:44 PM
you're the DEFINITION of LOSER.

so...what are you trying to say?

you gotta stop beating around the bush and give it to me straight

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 06:46 PM
I don't think Endelt is much into video games.
Nah.

Course, I didn't bother to read the thread either. The guy sounded like a loser to me.

Taco John
01-03-2006, 06:54 PM
Being a 'loser' is such a subjective thing. Dropping the "you're a loser" judgement doesn't sway anyone towards or away from anything if they don't feel like a loser. It seems like fruitless work to have to first convince someone that they are indeed a loser before you can give them any advice.

I don't know if the guy is truly a loser, or just a standard American kid who knows that he needs to make better choices. Certainly, he's making some poor ones, and that's before even factoring in the drugs. Poor choices are compounded when they're combined with drugs, that's for sure. That's definitely the road to loserdom. But a full blown loser, I'm not so sure.

The problem with young people today is very few of them know what they want out of life. So rather than sitting down and working to figure it out, they get caught in whatever feels good at the moment and ride that until they start to realize there is more to life than just this.

Ultimately, the one constant in this thread that everyone seems to agree on is that "You" are the only one capable of changing anything about your life at all. Sounds like you need to figure out who you are and what you want out of life, and then move from there.

QuikSsurfer
01-03-2006, 07:15 PM

Please don't throw that in my face right now, or ever again. Posts like this do absolutely nothing for me. I used to be religious. I just.. enjoy books now.
There are a lot of different beliefs on this board.

QuikSsurfer
01-03-2006, 07:17 PM
My man, I've known a few people that needed re-hab to get on with their life. When your demons own you, it's time for re-hab.

I'm beyond afraid of that.

QuikSsurfer
01-03-2006, 07:22 PM
Step 1 - Give any leftover drugs to me.

Step 2 - Leave me alone (with my bong and straw)

then you'll be posting a thread simliar to this ;)

QuikSsurfer
01-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Speaking of losers...

lol

QuikSsurfer
01-03-2006, 07:37 PM

I need the steady job. I've been out most of the day filling out applications and leaving resumes. Course, I had to only look for jobs in the area where I could ride my bike or hitch a ride from the roommate. I have a nice lady friend who I care a lot about but she has similar drug related problems. Before any of you say some shit that I need to get away from this girl and my friends... please understand the situation. my family is out of the picture. all i have are these people (who I can see, touch, and hear) right now to help me through this. I influenced most of the people I hung around.. but because i love marijuana.. I need to come across a good paying job here in oxford. I'm counting on that

QuikSsurfer
01-03-2006, 07:39 PM

holy shit

Rain Man
01-03-2006, 07:42 PM
At best, the marijuana is a waste of money that you need for other things right now. And there are a lot of people that you can meet who don't have drug problems.

Obviously, you sense that your current situation is not positive or you wouldn't have posted this thread. If you want to improve your lot in life, the best way to do it is to not waste money on vices and to hang out with people who live the life you want to live. It's like the old work adage, "Dress for the job you want, not the job you have."

QuikSsurfer
01-03-2006, 07:45 PM

What the F*CK!!! DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING??!!!!!!
No i'm not. I hope you have a good reason to ask that.

Rain Man
01-03-2006, 07:49 PM
What the F*CK!!! DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING??!!!!!!
No i'm not. I hope you have a good reason to ask that.

He was hoping to take advantage of you while you're vulnerable.

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Being a 'loser' is such a subjective thing.

Yeah. My basic definition is this.... Are you Brian Johnson? No? You might be a loser.

Sybil
01-03-2006, 07:56 PM
He was hoping to take advantage of you while you're vulnerable.

Funny, but probably not what Surfer needs right now.

First, you have an addiction which you must deal with. Secondly, you need a place to stay and some stability: take your grandparents up on their offer. Thirdly, find a job of some sort. Finally seek some counseling on the other stuff--sounds like you have some, ahem, issues.

Best wishes.

milkman
01-03-2006, 08:04 PM
Funny, but probably not what Surfer needs right now.

No, it isn't.

What he needs is a to get his ass kicked for being such a ****in retard.

He doesn't want any help.

He just wants people to empower to be a **** up.

Katipan
01-03-2006, 08:18 PM
Yeah. My basic definition is this.... Are you Brian Johnson? No? You might be a loser.

I'm Brian Johnson

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 08:29 PM
I'm Brian Johnson
Nuh-uh. I know your real name. It's nothing like Brian Johnson.

You're cooler than him anyway.

Logical
01-03-2006, 08:33 PM
Wow your life is so out of control I can offer no advice, I cannot fathom living such a horrible life. Good luck and try not to commit suicide.

dtebbe
01-03-2006, 08:37 PM
I'm not joking here...

Clean the crap out of your system and go join the military. With your education the Army or Marines would probably bring you in as an E-4, and once you get thru basic you could put in for OCS.

Would get you out of the hell hole you describle, give your some direction in life (albiet forced) and get you on the path to success.

When I was a senior in high school I knew college would be a waste of my time, so I signed up for the Army. Best decision I ever made, and I'd do it again tomorrow if I were 18 and graduating HS.

DT

joesomebody
01-03-2006, 08:38 PM
Thinking this Military thing through I have to say, the military IMO is something that has to be a part of you to go into it and make something of yourself, Just because someone who is a drug addict and needs a life and a kick in the ass wants to get straight isn't any reason for him to join the Military who has someones son, daughter, husband etc depending on him to get his back when he need it. I wouldn't want someone using the Military for rehab to be the one watching my loved ones back when bullets are flying. It has to be IN the person to change and stop looking for things to change it for him. First it was his parents, then grandparents, now the military? Its not the militarys duty to give him a life, if he isn't strong enough to change for himself, why the hell would he change for anything or anybody else? You need to take a real good look at where your life is headed and set your mind to change it. You will end up losing everything because of drugs and you want to blame all your hard times on someone else, blame the drug, its the drugs fault, but drug addicts will never ever blame anything on the drug.

This is exactly right.

Upon joining, you are not going to be able to change your mind... If you do decide to smoke weed again, your ass will be booted out with a dishonorable, which will make your resume even less shiny than the glowing one you are working on now.
It's not fun... sure there are good times, and as hard as you work, you get to make great friends and party hard (no drugs damn you); but for an addict, I think the high stress and work hard, party hard, atmosphere would be very bad for you.
If you don't have any pride in your country and/or willingness to put your life on the line for it, then this is not a good option for you. That pride in what you do is often all that you have to keep you from going crazy.However, you are at a young enough age that the military could be exactly what you need to get you back on track, not to mention I'm sure your parents and family would be proud of you, no matter how pissed they are now.

But I would not do this just to get off drugs and try to get on your feet. You obviously have no will or desire to serve your country, (which don't give me rep, because I don't consider that a good thing) so I would go with living with your grandparents, and trying to find god to help you get through your problems.

Halfcan
01-03-2006, 08:38 PM
Get married and have a boatload of kids you can't support, run off and join the circus. Smoke more pot.

Or

You can quit whining and asking advice from strangers to questions you allready know the answers too. Clean yourself up man, your a P I G, pig mister, have some self respect. Your a disgrace to all human beings, wasting your brain cels, your life, and everyone elses time reading your sad story.

Put one problem on the table and deal with it, until it is not a problem. Quit running away and be a man, stand on your own. Don't go running to Gpa and Gma and burden them-they raised their kids. Go out and get a job tommorow for whatever you can get, while designing a resume that will hide the fact your a pot head with no skillz.

You can do it! The world is waiting-your destiny is what you make it-live the dream!!

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 08:41 PM
Get married and have a boatload of kids you can't support, run off and join the circus. Smoke more pot.

Can I skip the married w/ kids part and just join the circus and smoke pot?

Logical
01-03-2006, 08:42 PM
I'm not joking here...

Clean the crap out of your system and go join the military. With your education the Army or Marines would probably bring you in as an E-4, and once you get thru basic you could put in for OCS.

Would get you out of the hell hole you describle, give your some direction in life (albiet forced) and get you on the path to success.

When I was a senior in high school I knew college would be a waste of my time, so I signed up for the Army. Best decision I ever made, and I'd do it again tomorrow if I were 18 and graduating HS.

DTNormally I would say this is great advice, but after reading his story all I see that doing is adding a Dishonorable Discharge to his record.

Logical
01-03-2006, 08:44 PM
Can I skip the married w/ kids part and just join the circus and smoke pot?Hey no witty remarks, you paying attention.ROFL

joesomebody
01-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Normally I would say this is great advice, but after reading his story all I see that doing is adding a Dishonorable Discharge to his record.:clap:

If he is willing to do what he has to do though, its a great option.

This is one option you don't get to give up on or quit though... If you do it, stick with it for your enlistment, or else it is not a good idea for you.

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Dude,

I've been absorbed in the Football stuff today, but here is my two cents:

1. You need to beat the addiction.
2. Find a place to live, with some sort of support network--good friends or family.
3. Get a job, and set some goals for yourself. The military would be a good option, but only if you can stay away from the weed.
4. Realize this isn't gonna get fixed over-night.
5. Seek some therapy--it's available...for free even, if you know where to look.

Good luck.

Katipan
01-03-2006, 08:47 PM
Can I skip the married w/ kids part and just join the circus and smoke pot?

Chinese acrobats are over rated

joesomebody
01-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Is pot really "addictive" I always thought it wasn't... sure it was fun, but addictive?

I mean, I can see where one would get used to the feeling and what not, and enjoy the sensation of being high, but I love drinking, yet its just something you look forward to on the weekends.

Maybe if you go get a real job, you'll learn to deal with life and hold off until you get some time off...

I don't see any need to be high (or drunk) all the time.

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 08:50 PM
Chinese acrobats are over rated
I just want to work with a monkey.

Katipan
01-03-2006, 08:52 PM
Is pot really "addictive" I always thought it wasn't... sure it was fun, but addictive?

I mean, I can see where one would get used to the feeling and what not, and enjoy the sensation of being high, but I love drinking, yet its just something you look forward to on the weekends.

If there wasn't always pot here, I'd never smoke.

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 08:52 PM

Your body doesn't develop a physical dependance on it like alcohol or cocaine (though, if we continue this discussion long enough, someone will produce documentation to the contrary. There's lots of studies out there slanted to both sides of every argument with pot.), but it can be psychologically addictive much like gambling, the Internet, chocolate, sex, or the murder of vagrants.

Katipan
01-03-2006, 08:53 PM
Your body doesn't develop a physical dependance on it like alcohol or cocaine (though, if we continue this discussion long enough, someone will produce documentation to the contrary. There's lots of studies out there slanted to both sides of every argument with pot.), but it can be psychologically addictive much like gambling, the Internet, chocolate, sex, or the murder of vagrants.

Take that back!!!

Don't listen to him, Pot.
He didn't mean it!

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Is pot really "addictive" I always thought it wasn't... sure it was fun, but addictive? ....

Research is somewhat mixed, but it's certainly not physically addictive like, say, heroin.

However, it's clearly psychologically addictive to people like QuickSsurfer here. Some would discount that fact, because not everyone is subject to that....but many are.

In the end, does it really matter whether or not it's physically or mentally addictive--it's still an addiction. I'd be willing to bet it doesn't to QuickSsurfer right now....

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Take that back!!!

Don't listen to him, Pot.
He didn't mean it!
I didn't say anything bad about pot.

Katipan
01-03-2006, 08:56 PM
I didn't say anything bad about pot.

Beer sucks!!

Mr. Kotter

Yup. In the end, for people as addicted as QuickSsurfer says he is....the difference is pretty inconsequential.

ENDelt260
I wonder if QuikSSurfer has ever sucked dick for pot....

I meant to make a crack about that earlier when Bad Guy made a "he has money for weed" comment... but, I got distracted by a shiny object or something.

ENDelt260
Beer sucks!!
Hey, let's not get crazy now. Calm down, honey.

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Beer sucks!!

You know a chick named Beer?

Cool. :hmmm:

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Yup. In the end, for people as addicted as QuickSsurfer says he is....the difference is pretty inconsequential.
Oh, I don't know about all that. Withdrawal from alcohol or coke can be a pretty nasty hellish experience. I'm pretty sure the guys going through detox this 24 hours would gladly change place with the pothead whose only source just got pinched.

Katipan
01-03-2006, 08:59 PM
Oh, I don't know about all that. Withdrawal from alcohol or coke can be a pretty nasty hellish experience. I'm pretty sure the guys going through detox this 24 hours would gladly change place with the pothead whose only source just got pinched.

I know this guy who lived in this town that would go dry. And one time he was so hard up for pot that he smoked stems and seeds.

I love him.

Mr. Kotter

Oh, I agree with that. In the scheme of things, long-term....it's still pretty inconsequential, IMO.

dtebbe
:clap:

If he is willing to do what he has to do though, its a great option.

This is one option you don't get to give up on or quit though... If you do it, stick with it for your enlistment, or else it is not a good idea for you.

I agree, but I think if this guy really wants HELP and not SYMPATHY, he would thrive.

As far as the whole "Don't wan't a druggie in a foxhole with me", I call BS, I went thru basic with some guys that were fresh off the street hardcore gangstas, and after about 4 weeks of getting broke down, they were the best team players in our company... and we NEVER lost any intra-company hand-hand combat drills :)

They were also the ones with the best looking uniforms and boots day in and day out after about 2 weeks. It was just clear they never had a goal or purpose in thier life until that DI got about 2 feet up thier ass.

DT

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 09:00 PM
I know this guy who lived in this town that would go dry. And one time he was so hard up for pot that he smoked stems and seeds.

I love him.
Heh. We took the seeds out, damnit!

joesomebody
01-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Your body doesn't develop a physical dependance on it like alcohol or cocaine (though, if we continue this discussion long enough, someone will produce documentation to the contrary. There's lots of studies out there slanted to both sides of every argument with pot.), but it can be psychologically addictive much like gambling, the Internet, chocolate, sex, or the murder of vagrants.Ok I can see that, I never got too into it, so I guess it wasn't a big deal.

I'm a smoker, love to drink, and I can't start my day without coffee.

I'm not faulting him, I have some issues of my own for sure, I just didn't realize that it was a problem for people, just always thought they liked to get high:bong:

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2006, 09:03 PM
I agree, but I think if this guy really wants HELP and not SYMPATHY, he would thrive.

As far as the whole "Don't wan't a druggie in a foxhole with me", I call BS, I went thru basic with some guys that were fresh off the street hardcore gangstas, and after about 4 weeks of getting broke down, they were the best team players in our company... and we NEVER lost any intra-company hand-hand combat drills :)

They were also the ones with the best looking uniforms and boots day in and day out after about 2 weeks. It was just clear they never had a goal or purpose in thier life until that DI got about 2 feet up thier ass.

DT

Piss tests these days make that difficult....

dtebbe
01-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Ok I can see that, I never got too into it, so I guess it wasn't a big deal.

I'm a smoker, love to drink, and I can't start my day without coffee.

I'm not faulting him, I have some issues of my own for sure, I just didn't realize that it was a problem for people, just always thought they liked to get high:bong:

Get this joe.. you know the little town where I grew up right?

Well at one time...

My mom & step dad owned the liquor store

One of my best friends parents owned the grocery store

another of my best friends parents managed the casey's store

another of my best friends uncle had a whole basement full of pot plants....

Think we were part of the "party" crowd? :)

Wouldn't do that part any different either!

DT

Oh yea, and another of my friends knew where every unlocked farm fuel tank in the 3 county area was....

dtebbe
01-03-2006, 09:05 PM
Piss tests these days make that difficult....

This was not that long ago, 1988, we did P tests then too. I think I did 4 or 5 while I was in.

DT

joesomebody
01-03-2006, 09:05 PM

DTAbsolutely. I never said I didn't want former druggies in the military, I just don't think it's a good idea for someone who has ignored everyone in this thread's advise about quitting drugs by saying they could never kick weed to join up.

I don't know how serious the military was about anti drug rules when you were in, but they truly are one strike and out now.

As an E1-E4 you can expect to be tested about once every 3 months now and it is random, really no way to beat it, no shit drug tested.

Even at E5 and up you are randomly tested, just not as often.

If he can beat the habbit, I'm all for this as his best option.

(I by no means ever said I was drug free before joining.)

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2006, 09:07 PM
This was not that long ago, 1988, we did P tests then too. I think I did 4 or 5 while I was in.

DT

I suppose it depends on the branch, and maybe commanders. The units I was in, were pretty tough....I personally signed off on more than 30 discharges for hot piss tests in less than two years.

joesomebody
01-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Get this joe.. you know the little town where I grew up right?

Well at one time...

My mom & step dad owned the liquor store

One of my best friends parents owned the grocery store

another of my best friends parents managed the casey's store

another of my best friends uncle had a whole basement full of pot plants....

Think we were part of the "party" crowd :)

Wouldn't do that part any different either!

DTI'm sure I partied with with relatives of those people in about the same manner you are speaking. Hell I probably have partied with some of those people you are referring...

I'm no angel and never will be, just don't want him to dig himself into a deeper hole. Relapses aren't all that uncommon on that first trip home after basic...

dtebbe
01-03-2006, 09:08 PM
I'm sure I partied with with relatives of those people in about the same manner you are speaking. Hell I probably have partied with some of those people you are referring...

I'm no angel and never will be, just don't want him to dig himself into a deeper hole. Relapses aren't all that uncommon on that first trip home after basic...

There was only one thing I was after when I got out of basic...

and it didn't come in a bottle or grow in the ground....

DT

joesomebody
01-03-2006, 09:11 PM
There was only one thing I was after when I got out of basic...

and it didn't come in a bottle or grow in the ground....

DTYou didn't get enough in A-school or whatever the hell the army calls it? There's so many 18-22 year old females at tech school its rediculous... most are single, first time away from home, and have just gone through a very long period of no sex... but yeah, that first leave is nice for that too :P

chiefs4me
01-03-2006, 09:15 PM
Absolutely. I never said I didn't want former druggies in the military, I just don't think it's a good idea for someone who has ignored everyone in this thread's advise about quitting drugs by saying they could never kick weed to join up.

I don't know how serious the military was about anti drug rules when you were in, but they truly are one strike and out now.

As an E1-E4 you can expect to be tested about once every 3 months now and it is random, really no way to beat it, no shit drug tested.

Even at E5 and up you are randomly tested, just not as often.

If he can beat the habbit, I'm all for this as his best option.

(I by no means ever said I was drug free before joining.)

they were drug testing 20 some years agao when I was in, but you could beat it, I was the CO's Sec and knew when the tests were coming down and to whom...:p not trying to fight with you...just saying..:D

joesomebody
01-03-2006, 09:33 PM
they were drug testing 20 some years agao when I was in, but you could beat it, I was the CO's Sec and knew when the tests were coming down and to whom...:p not trying to fight with you...just saying..:DI'm sure it CAN be beat, but it'd be tough.

From the time you are notified you have no more than two hours to report. Once you report you cannot leave the testing facility until you finish the test.

For testing, you have to remove your BDU top, leaving you in a short sleeve t-shirt. You are issued a piss bottle, which you and the tester check to make sure is empty of any foreign substances and then you must hold the bottle over shoulder height while the tester follows you to the bathroom.

You have to piss into the bottle, standing at and angle, so the tester actually watches the piss leave you and enter the bottle.

Then you have to seal the bottle and walk back to the desk where you were issued the bottle, again holding the bottle above your shoulder height in full view of the tester.

I'm not saying it can't be beat, but it would be very tough to beat with any of the common methods that I've heard of. Most things you consume to beat a test take longer than 2 hours, and would probably show up with something funny, and theres no way to slip anything into the urine.

Not a risk anyone should take by any means :shake:

Join up, by all means, just quit the weed about a month before basic. I'm in the Air Force, other branches may have a completly different policy for testing, but I know all branches have a zero strike policy when it comes to drugs.

The way the thread poster has repeatedly said he can't or won't quit weed, I'm just not thinking the military is his best option.