PDA

View Full Version : It's probably too early to consider this, but...

DaWolf
01-03-2006, 05:54 AM
Dunno who the next HC will be, but considering Saunders gets something like the Detroit job and we hire a coach who would like to keep our offensive system intact, I wouldn't be surprised to see Norv Turner's name be mentioned as offensive coordinator. consider:

-Trent Green loves the guy
-Runs the same basic offense
-While considered a crap head coach (I'd love it if Chokeland retained him) is considered a very bright offensive mind
-Would be better than the alternative, Terry Shea

Although I really would not be surprised to see a Mike Solari get promoted to OC, I'd love to see Solari stick with the OL for now, especially during a transitional period.

Of course this all depends on WHO the next head coach is...

Fire Me Boy!
01-03-2006, 06:10 AM
Another consideration to keep the offense in tact would be Martz as OC. :shrug:

DaWolf
01-03-2006, 06:16 AM
Another consideration to keep the offense in tact would be Martz as OC. :shrug:

I like Martz but I wouldn't go that route because he is in love with the passing game and WR's, so I don't see him fitting into a situation here where we need to take advantage of LJ and Gonzo. Norv at least did a good job in, for example, Dallas, where they got Novachek and Emmitt a lot of touches (along with Irvin, of course). I still remember Martz throwing away the Super Bowl against the Pats because he wanted to throw the ball instead of using the greatest weapon in pro football at the time, Marshall Faulk.

Reminds me of Paul Hackett throwing away the 1995 playoff game. Sure, Marcus Allen was running well and the OL was our strength, but instead, let's put the game in the hands of Steve Bono...

ChiTown
01-03-2006, 08:04 AM
Reminds me of Paul Hackett throwing away the 1995 playoff game. Sure, Marcus Allen was running well and the OL was our strength, but instead, let's put the game in the hands of Steve Bono...

I've never lost so much hair in my life watching that BS. Thanks for the reminder :cuss:

Skip Towne
01-03-2006, 08:08 AM
Norv Turner? Please. Serious suggestions only.