PDA

View Full Version : Draft prospects: a suggestion.

Rain Man
01-03-2006, 09:53 AM
Would one of you draftniks consider doing the following?

Perhaps a couple of times a week, pick a player of interest and give us a thread devoted to that player, including various scouting reports and a current report on where they'll likely be taken in the draft. The key would be to be consistent in the reporting for each player, so we can compare apples to apples.

I'd like to learn more about these guys, but I'm too lazy to do the research myself.

Herzig
01-03-2006, 09:59 AM
Would one of you draftniks consider doing the following?

Perhaps a couple of times a week, pick a player of interest and give us a thread devoted to that player, including various scouting reports and a current report on where they'll likely be taken in the draft. The key would be to be consistent in the reporting for each player, so we can compare apples to apples.

I'd like to learn more about these guys, but I'm too lazy to do the research myself.

Maybe even set up a "Draft Forum" to keep them all together and organized? :hmmm:

Rain Man
01-03-2006, 10:01 AM
Now we're talking. That's a good idea.

jspchief
01-03-2006, 10:02 AM
I posted a nice thread about draft prospects playing in bowl games a few days ago, with scouting reports on every prospect playing that day. It got zero response, so I didn't do it fot the rest of the games.

Even so, I'd be interested in something like that. Most of the reports would be scavenged from other sites I'm sure. But it would be nice to have them all in one place, with comments from those that have seen the guys play.

htismaqe
01-03-2006, 10:05 AM
Maybe we could just sticky a "Draft Prospects" thread?

Herzig
01-03-2006, 10:32 AM
Maybe we could just sticky a "Draft Prospects" thread?

And then..after say 3 or 4 days, move them to a Draft Forum to keep them organized and filed there...

Rain Man
01-03-2006, 10:36 AM
Granted, I am nothing but a peasant who has no concept of the work or resources involved in this, but I like the separate subforum idea. I have a dream of going there and seeing a bunch of threads that each have a name, position, and expected round/pick in the title, so I can peruse, for example, first-round prospects at defensive end.

Or for that matter, maybe the subforum would be populated with a bunch of prefab threads that include: 1st round QBs, 2nd-3rd round HBs, 1st round DEs, etc., and then people can post information within them about specific players. That'd be cool.

htismaqe
01-03-2006, 10:39 AM
Well, post a poll and see what people think. I'm all for it.

Herzig
01-03-2006, 10:43 AM
Granted, I am nothing but a peasant who has no concept of the work or resources involved in this, but I like the separate subforum idea. I have a dream of going there and seeing a bunch of threads that each have a name, position, and expected round/pick in the title, so I can peruse, for example, first-round prospects at defensive end.

Or for that matter, maybe the subforum would be populated with a bunch of prefab threads that include: 1st round QBs, 2nd-3rd round HBs, 1st round DEs, etc., and then people can post information within them about specific players. That'd be cool.

I like that idea...threads fall off the main page after a day or two(sometimes within hours)...at least that would prevent discussions on the same guy being rehashed 15,000 times.

Rain Man
01-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Well, post a poll and see what people think. I'm all for it.

Will do. Any mods can let me know if I'm painting them into a corner or anything.

Dayze
01-03-2006, 12:58 PM
sounds good to me.

htismaqe
01-03-2006, 01:10 PM
The mods will be fine with it, I'm sure. If the community wants it, we'll do it.

Count Zarth
01-03-2006, 01:38 PM
WE'RE LOST AND CLUELESS WITHOUT PHOBIA!!11111one

ChiefsFire
01-03-2006, 01:45 PM
Now we're talking. That's a good idea.
OMG...the worlds coming to an end

RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Hoover
01-03-2006, 02:08 PM
I think this is a great Idea

unlurking
01-03-2006, 02:31 PM
I agree, sounds like a good idea to me. I don't post much about prospects (don't watch a lot of college ball), but I do enjoy reading about them with a bias on whether or not they would be a fit or a need with the Chiefs.

Herzig
01-03-2006, 02:37 PM
We could call it "King Carl's Draft Forum" or something like that... :)

htismaqe
01-03-2006, 02:40 PM
I like the idea too.