PDA

View Full Version : NFL Radio reporting Stoops is in KC now...

dtebbe
01-03-2006, 04:27 PM
Just came over on Sirius...

DT

Tuckdaddy
01-03-2006, 04:28 PM
damnit

siberian khatru
01-03-2006, 04:28 PM
You can't be Sirius.

Baby Lee
01-03-2006, 04:31 PM
You can't be Sirius.
http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/web-focus/events/workshops/webmaster-2005/sessions/couzin/slides/serious.jpg

Count Alex's Losses
01-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Phobia reported that if Stoops was offered the job, he would accept.

SBK
01-03-2006, 04:32 PM
You can't be Sirius.

Lame, but I laughed. ROFL

SBK
01-03-2006, 04:33 PM
Phobia reported that if Stoops was offered the job, he would accept.

Same with Saunders to Detroit? ROFL

I kid, I kid.

tk13
01-03-2006, 04:34 PM
You can't be Sirius.
Thank you, Alan Parsons.

siberian khatru
01-03-2006, 04:35 PM
Thank you, Alan Parsons.

Haha!

I used to love that song -- until I heard it played at EVERY FRIGGIN NBA GAME IN AMERICA!

tk13
01-03-2006, 04:37 PM
Haha!

I used to love that song -- until I heard it played at EVERY FRIGGIN NBA GAME IN AMERICA!
From NORTH CAROLINA... AT GUARD, SIX....SIX! MICHAAAAAEEEELLL JORRRRRDAN!

Baby Lee
01-03-2006, 04:37 PM
Thank you, Alan Parsons.
Anyways, since my "death star" laser was invented by the noted Cambridge physicist, Dr. Parsons. I thought we'd name it in his honor-- the Alan Parsons Project.

chiefqueen
01-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Please wake me up if I'm dreaming I recall reliving this 48 hours ago when he was reportedly in KC watching the game from Carl's suite.

Tribal Warfare
01-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Bob" Carl's puppet "Stoops, or his selected yes man

Mecca
01-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Are you sure Kevin Keitzman isn't reporting this.......by listening to him you'd think Stoops was his hero.

FAX
01-03-2006, 04:46 PM
My sources are reporting that they are confused.

FAX

Count Alex's Losses
01-03-2006, 04:47 PM
Same with Saunders to Detroit? ROFL

I kid, I kid.

No, I'm serious.

If Stoops is offered the job, he won't bother looking elsewhere.

BigChiefFan
01-03-2006, 04:51 PM
I'm okay with Stoops. He's a FIERY, young coach, who isn't afraid to to call plays based on momentum of the game. The good thing about Stoops is he knows how to MANAGE a game, unlike Vermeil. Clock mangement won't be a problem. Also going for the throat shouldn't be an issue. We could do worse than Stoops.

tk13
01-03-2006, 04:54 PM
I'm okay with Stoops. He's a FIERY, young coach, who isn't afraid to to call plays based on momentum of the game. The good thing about Stoops is he knows how to MANAGE a game, unlike Vermeil. Clock mangement won't be a problem. Also going for the throat shouldn't be an issue. We could do worse than Stoops.
You could've said most all of those things about Spurrier, too.

FAX
01-03-2006, 04:55 PM
My sources are now reporting that the future is cloudy and that they are somewhat confounded by the various possibilities that may yet ensue.

FAX

SBK
No, I'm serious.

If Stoops is offered the job, he won't bother looking elsewhere.

Dude, Im just messin with ya. Stoops wouldn't piss me off, at least we wouldn't have to send a couple 1st rounders to the Sooners.

SBK

He's a lot of things, but he sure ain't young.

FAX
01-03-2006, 04:56 PM

Spurrier had incredible talent throughout his tenure in FLA. Stoops has had success with FAR less talent on his teams, Mr. tk13.

Perhaps this should be considered by your sources?

FAX

tk13
01-03-2006, 04:57 PM
He's a lot of things, but he sure ain't young.
Yeah, but age is irrelevant to me.... young and fiery, old and fiery, same thing.

FAX
01-03-2006, 04:57 PM
My sources are fiery.

FAX

Bob Dole
01-03-2006, 04:58 PM
Please wake me up if I'm dreaming I recall reliving this 48 hours ago when he was reportedly in KC watching the game from Carl's suite.

That was a miscommunication.

Bob Stoops had sent Carl a box of sweets to commemorate the completion of another successful season.

Count Alex's Losses
Yeah, but age is irrelevant to me.... young and fiery, old and fiery, same thing.

I think there's a big difference. It's a draining job.

Mecca
At this point, I just hope we don't have to give up draft choices for whoever the coach is.

the Talking Can
01-03-2006, 04:59 PM
Phobia Athan reported that if Stoops was offered the job, he would accept.

interesting

banyon
01-03-2006, 04:59 PM
Are you sure Kevin Keitzman isn't reporting this.......by listening to him you'd think Stoops was his hero.

Yeah, his entire show today has basically been a Bob Stoops 06 campaign commercial. It's ridiculous.

The Bad Guy
01-03-2006, 05:00 PM
I really don't know a lot about him, but his college record is impressive.

Does he have any NFL experience?

SBK
interesting

ROFL

siberian khatru
I really don't know a lot about him, but his college record is impressive.

Does he have any NFL experience?

Nada.

milkman
Dude, Im just messin with ya. Stoops wouldn't piss me off, at least we wouldn't have to send a couple 1st rounders to the Sooners.

True, but can we send a 4th rounder (I think) back?

DTLB58
01-03-2006, 05:01 PM

I was thinking the same thing. Just hurry up and pick someone Carl so thsi madness will END! :)

BigChiefFan
01-03-2006, 05:02 PM
Stoops and Spurrier have their similiarities, but they also have their differences. For one, Spurrier is an offensive guy, Stoops is a defensive coach. I'm have my reservations of Stoops JUMPING right into the NFL, but I also have seen he really is a leader. He's a fiery coach, with alot of passion for the game. He's a coach who hold his players ACCOUNTABLE and knows how to lead a team. He also LEARNS from his mistakes. Spurrier seemed content with proving the world wrong and that his college playbook WOULD work-he found out how wrong he was and it has since humbled him some.

I picture Stoops having his lumps along the way as well, but his personality reminds me ALOT like Jon Gruden's and that enthusiasm has a positive results for most players. Just my take.

BigChief68

Is Keitzman Sleeping with Stoops? ROFL

Mecca

We might have to pay for their recruits for a season........

tk13
01-03-2006, 05:03 PM
Spurrier had incredible talent throughout his tenure in FLA. Stoops has had success with FAR less talent on his teams, Mr. tk13.

Perhaps this should be considered by your sources?

FAX
I don't disagree with that, and I like Stoops personality.

The whole no-NFL experience thing scares me, because dealing with pros is a lot different than dealing with college players. Especially a veteran team like we have. I'd rather hire a guy like Stoops if we had a young 1-15 rebuilding type project.

Baby Lee
01-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Stoops and Spurrier have their similiarities, but they also have their differences. For one, Spurrier is an offensive guy, Stoops is a defensive coach. I'm have my reservations of Stoops JUMPING right into the NFL, but I also have seen he really is a leader. He's a fiery coach, with alot of passion for the game. He's a coach who hold his players ACCOUNTABLE and knows how to lead a team. He also LEARNS from his mistakes. Spurrier seemed content with proving the world wrong and that his college playbook WOULD work-he found out how wrong he was and it has since humbled him some.

I picture Stoops having his lumps along the way as well, but his personality reminds me ALOT like Jon Gruden's and that enthusiasm has a positive results for most players. Just my take.
Rep for seeing Stoops as the next Gruden, instead of the PPL ;) that he's the next Spurrier.

FAX
01-03-2006, 05:04 PM
My sources are reporting that Phobia's sources are reporting that there is a better than 50% chance that Herm will be offered and will accept the position as KC head coach.

As reported earlier, my sources are awash in a sea of confounded murkiness. Phobia's sources are in pretty good shape, though.

FAX

chiefqueen
01-03-2006, 05:06 PM
Yeah, his entire show today has basically been a Bob Stoops 06 campaign commercial. It's ridiculous.

Did Stoops approve the message?

FAX
01-03-2006, 05:06 PM
I don't disagree with that, and I like Stoops personality.

The whole no-NFL experience thing scares me, because dealing with pros is a lot different than dealing with college players. Especially a veteran team like we have. I'd rather hire a guy like Stoops if we had a young 1-15 rebuilding type project.

My sources are reporting that they agree with this, Mr. tk13.

On the other hand, our veteran team could represent a benefit to a first year NFL coach. Counteracts the whole "blind leading the blind" issue.

FAX

SBK
01-03-2006, 05:07 PM
True, but can we send a 4th rounder (I think) back?

ROFL

Best post of the day.

The Bad Guy
01-03-2006, 05:09 PM
I really don't think we are as aging as the media says.

Roaf, Green, Shields, Kennison are all aging.

The defense is very, very young.

If Stoops is brought here, I think he will have his hands in the defense and turn the O over to an experienced coordinator - like a Norv Turner or Mike Martz.

BigChiefFan
01-03-2006, 05:09 PM
I like Herm Edwards, BUt I'd PREFER Stoops over Edwards. Edwards, while a man with strong convictions, I think he's still a little soft.

Stoops seems like a gutsy type coach. He's a rah-rah guy that gets the players amped to perform at their best.

The Chiefs need a hard-nosed approach at football.

FAX
01-03-2006, 05:11 PM

If Stoops is brought here, I think he will have his hands in the defense and turn the O over to an experienced coordinator - like a Norv Turner or Mike Martz.

My sources are reporting that you may be taking your medications in the incorrect order, Mr. The Bad Guy.

You really wouldn't want Martz as the offensive coordinator for this team, would you?

FAX

The Bad Guy
01-03-2006, 05:13 PM
My sources are reporting that you may be taking your medications in the incorrect order, Mr. The Bad Guy.

You really wouldn't want Martz as the offensive coordinator for this team, would you?

FAX

Why wouldn't you want him? Because he's cocky? The guy designed the best offense I've ever see in 1999 and he's very familiar with Trent.

The learning curve would be zero from Al to him if we went in another direction. Even if we get Al - I wouldn't be surprised to see him try to bring Martz along.

Tribal Warfare
01-03-2006, 05:14 PM
Who will be next to be interviewed Tim Lewis or Ron Rivera? I hope it isn't some bozo" I'm monkey feed me a treat" lackey that would make four year olds football knowledge seem like their second comming of Vince Lombardi.

Mecca
01-03-2006, 05:14 PM
Mike Martz reportedly said he has no interest in being a OC. He wants to be a head coach or nothing at all.

RedThat
01-03-2006, 05:15 PM

I hope Al Saunders doesnt get a job anywhere. Id like for him to stay as our OC. Reason, keep the chemistry on offense intact.

Mr. Laz
01-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Why wouldn't you want him? Because he's cocky? The guy designed the best offense I've ever see in 1999 and he's very familiar with Trent.

The learning curve would be zero from Al to him if we went in another direction. Even if we get Al - I wouldn't be surprised to see him try to bring Martz along.
he's also the guy who almost refuses to run the ball.

you really want us to try and win with Kennison,parker and Horn instead of Larry johnson and the Oline?

FAX
01-03-2006, 05:16 PM

Your points are well taken, Mr. The Bad Guy.

However, my sources tell me that Martz has management issues as well as highly unpredictable health problems.

FAX

Baby Lee
01-03-2006, 05:17 PM
he's also that guy who almost refuses to run the ball.

you really want us to try and win with Green at his best instead of Larry johnson and the Oline?
Another way of looking at it.

Look, I'm no Martz fan, but he makes QBs GOOD. And he makes good QBs GREAT.

RedThat
It aint happening guys, Martz wont be an OC again. I agree with Mecca!

tk13
My sources are reporting that they agree with this, Mr. tk13.

On the other hand, our veteran team could represent a benefit to a first year NFL coach. Counteracts the whole "blind leading the blind" issue.

FAX
That's possible. I don't know though... simply because the players loved Vermeil... if a guy like Stoops came in with no experience, the players would know it, and he'd have to earn their respect. You know how people are when they get a new superior... especially one who has far less experience than they do, they tend to not respect them as much. I'm not staying Stoops wouldn't do that, he could, but it's probably a bigger obstacle for him than most coaches.

KILLER_CLOWN
01-03-2006, 05:18 PM
1st time in my life I agree with Klutzman, I agree 100%

Stoops, Fisher, Cowher or Saunders. Anyone who wants to listen to 810 can hear the Stoops Infomercial.

Mr. Laz
01-03-2006, 05:19 PM
Another way of looking at it.

Look, I'm no Martz fan, but he makes QBs GOOD. And he makes good QBs GREAT.

and makes good/great RB's disappear

ROFL

Baby Lee
01-03-2006, 05:22 PM
and makes good/great RB's disappear

ROFL
In one SB, yeah. But Steven Jackson looked Johnson-esque until Martz got endocarditis.

FAX
01-03-2006, 05:22 PM
That's possible. I don't know though... simply because the players loved Vermeil... if a guy like Stoops came in with no experience, the players would know it, and he'd have to earn their respect. You know how people are when they get a new superior... especially one who has far less experience than they do, they tend to not respect them as much. I'm not staying Stoops wouldn't do that, he could, but it's probably a bigger obstacle for him than most coaches.

My sources are reporting that you are both wise and thoughtful, Mr. tk13.

For my part, I am torn. On one hand, I want us to win now with the great assemblage of talent that remains on the offensive side of the ball before everyone follows the great Will Shields to the door. On the other hand, I want a coach that will be here for the long term and provide continuity and stability and who is attentive to the defense.

I will consult my sources further on this issue.

FAX

Skip Towne
01-03-2006, 05:24 PM
It was reported in the Daily Oklahoman today that Stoops said he wants to try the NFL at some point in his career.

BigChiefFan
01-03-2006, 05:26 PM
MAYBE Stoops becomes the DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR!!???

KILLER_CLOWN
01-03-2006, 05:27 PM
It was reported in the Daily Oklahoman today that Stoops said he wants to try the NFL at some point in his career.

Are you putting 2 and 2 together yet? that's right Bob is waiting by the phone while Carl and Herm are having phone sex.

KILLER_CLOWN
01-03-2006, 05:28 PM
MAYBE Stoops becomes the DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR!!???

No Mr. Kotter just reported Kurt Schottenheimer has been offered that position. :p

FAX
01-03-2006, 05:34 PM
My sources are reporting that Mrs. Peterson is serving chicken this evening. With a blueberry dessert.

FAX

chiefqueen
01-03-2006, 05:35 PM
My sources are reporting that Mrs. Peterson is serving chicken this evening. With a blueberry dessert.

FAX

I don't think she cooks.............I think they eat everynight at Plaza III.

FAX
01-03-2006, 05:37 PM
I don't think she cooks.............I think they eat everynight at Plaza III.

Stop doubting my ***ing sources!

FAX

Rausch
01-03-2006, 06:13 PM
Wouldn't we owe the NCAA a draft pick, since Stoops is under contract?

Chief Henry
01-03-2006, 06:22 PM
[QUOTE=chiefqueen]I don't think she cooks.............

But I bet she swallows

BigRedChief
01-03-2006, 06:44 PM
610 was reporting that at 5:00 pm King Carl was getting on a plane to go do an interview with a non disclosed candidate. Hope he makes it back in time to interview Stoops.

FAX
01-03-2006, 06:47 PM
610 was reporting that at 5:00 pm King Carl was getting on a plane to go do an interview with a non disclosed candidate. Hope he makes it back in time to interview Stoops.

My sources are reporting that Mrs. Peterson is highly p*ssed that Carl will be missing a fine blueberry dessert.

FAX

Skip Towne
01-03-2006, 06:52 PM
Are you putting 2 and 2 together yet? that's right Bob is waiting by the phone while Carl and Herm are having phone sex.
I wonder why he would say such a thing if there weren't something brewing. OU fans don't like to hear things like that from their head coach.

nascher
01-03-2006, 06:54 PM
CP has been seen oversees :)

nascher
01-03-2006, 06:55 PM
i am pretty sure he is sitting in the office and his laughing pretty hard following tv and radio reports :).

BigRedChief
01-03-2006, 06:57 PM
My sources are reporting that Mrs. Peterson is highly p*ssed that Carl will be missing a fine blueberry dessert.

FAX

Your sources suck. It's an apple strudel desert.

FAX
01-03-2006, 07:00 PM
Your sources suck. It's an apple strudel desert.

I'm on the hunt for new and improved sources now, Mr. BigReddChief.

Perhaps you should pursue the same approach in acquiring a replacement spelling tutor for yourself?

FAX

Skip Towne
01-03-2006, 08:11 PM
Stoops is currently guaranteed 2.5 mil before endorsements which can total another $500,000. If he stays through 2008, he receives another 3 mil. Don't tell Phobia about this as I plan to sell him this info.

WilliamTheIrish
01-03-2006, 08:53 PM

I'd trade Stoops for Bartee straight up.

dtebbe
01-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Stoops is currently guaranteed 2.5 mil before endorsements which can total another $500,000. If he stays through 2008, he receives another 3 mil. Don't tell Phobia about this as I plan to sell him this info.
ROFL ROFL

DT

Halfcan
01-03-2006, 09:11 PM
I heard it was Bob Newhart. He is tired of acting and wants to get into coaching.

NJ Chief Fan
01-03-2006, 09:12 PM
tell him were not interested it was a mistake...carl told his secretary he wanted to poop n she thaught he said bob stoops...ITS JUST ONE BIG MISUNDERSTANDING its okay to go back n coach your weak weak sooners now bobby boy