PDA

View Full Version : Let's say Al Saunders is HC, who do you want to be Offensive/Defensive coordinators?

KCChiefsFan88
01-03-2006, 05:15 PM
My choices...

OC= Mike Martz
DC= Dom Capers

Mr. Laz
01-03-2006, 05:16 PM
norv turner
Dom Capers

Mecca
01-03-2006, 05:17 PM
My choices...

OC= Mike Martz
DC= Dom Capers

As I said on another thread, Mike Martz is making it known he doesn't want to be a OC. He wants a head coaching job and that's it.

the Talking Can
01-03-2006, 05:21 PM
why would you want a nut job like Martz within 10 miles of this place?

Solari or Turner
and anyone but Gunther

DTLB58
01-03-2006, 05:22 PM
My serious choices:

OC=Al keeps some of his duties, Trent calls the plays on gameday
DC=Mike Singletary

My fun picks:
OC=Ron Jaworski
DC=Marty

Deberg_1990
01-03-2006, 05:28 PM
As I said on another thread, Mike Martz is making it known he doesn't want to be a OC. He wants a head coaching job and that's it.

Yea, would Martz really want to work for a guy he used to be the boss of?

nychief
01-03-2006, 05:30 PM
OC JASON VERDUZCO
DC Cunningham

God that will be boring.

HC_Chief
01-03-2006, 05:32 PM
norv turner
Dom Capers

Yep :thumb:

Mr. Laz
01-03-2006, 05:33 PM
Yep :thumb:
does that mean you don't hate me anymore? :)

CoMoChief
01-03-2006, 05:34 PM
norv turner
Dom Capers

Dumbass. NORV TURNER?!?!

HC_Chief
01-03-2006, 05:36 PM
Dumbass. NORV TURNER?!?!

:spock:
He was the OC for Jimmy Johnson's Dallas Cowboys. His O there was basically what we run now: a variant of the Coryell offense.

milkman
01-03-2006, 05:37 PM
OC-Mike Solari or Jason Verdusco.
DC-Dom Capers.

Maybe Dick Juaron.

nychief
01-03-2006, 05:38 PM
OC-Mike Slari or Jason Verdusco.
DC-Dom Capers.

Maybe Dick Juaron.

Dom Capers is going to the Giants with Coughlin if Tim Lewis gets a head job.

Juaron is no better than Gunny.

Mecca
01-03-2006, 05:39 PM
Forgive BS, he just looks at names and doesn't realize any of their history. He often speaks before thinking, atleast that's what I hope it is.........

jjchieffan
01-03-2006, 05:45 PM
OC Martz or Solari
DC Gunther

SNR
01-03-2006, 05:53 PM
Solari or Charlie Joiner. They're the most experienced in this offensive system.

Preferrably Solari. He called the 1-yard TD play for the Oakland game

CoMoChief
01-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Forgive BS, he just looks at names and doesn't realize any of their history. He often speaks before thinking, atleast that's what I hope it is.........

Yeah he (Turner) did so well in Miami, Washington, and Oakland.

tk13
01-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Solari or Charlie Joiner. They're the most experienced in this offensive system.

Preferrably Solari. He called the 1-yard TD play for the Oakland game
Solari plays a huge part in designing our running game. DV has complimented him more than one time about his gameplan in press conferences...

Mecca
01-03-2006, 06:12 PM
Yeah he (Turner) did so well in Miami, Washington, and Oakland.

He did a fine job in Miami for the players he had, of course I'm sure he gets no credit for those Superbowl rings he got in Dallas either right......

Tribal Warfare
01-03-2006, 06:13 PM
OC - Mike Solari

DC - Capers ,Haslett, Singletary ( any of these guys I would be happy with as DC)

nychief
01-03-2006, 06:15 PM
singletary is assistant head coach in SF - he is not coming here.

Rausch
01-03-2006, 06:16 PM
I'd love Capers as DC.

Not so sure about OC.

RedThat
01-03-2006, 06:20 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Capers is considered for the DC job w/ the Giants.
After all, Tom Coughling hired him as his DC in Jacksonville, so they're very familiar w/ each other. I only see this happening if current Giants DC Tim Lewis gets a HC job elsewhere.

FringeNC
01-03-2006, 06:20 PM
I think Al would be co-coordinator on offense. I don't think it much matters who we choose I'm sure there is someone on the staff Al would have in mind to promote.

The big question is on D. What do we do about DC?

John_Wayne
01-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Solari and Gunther

Mr. Laz
01-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Solari and Gunther
you outa have your penis ripped off with vice grips and then get beaten senseless with it.

i nominate Mer for the job

sedated
01-03-2006, 07:38 PM
Solari has to be OC.

I trust Saunders to pick a good DC, and I KNOW he won't pick Gun (to that, I say :bravo: )

FAX
01-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Solari has to be OC.

I trust Saunders to pick a good DC, and I KNOW he won't pick Gun (to that, I say :bravo: )

Okay, now I'm seriously curious about something.

I'm seeing a lot of Gun bashing on the board and I'm wondering why.

Gun inherited a defense that was last or next to last in every measurable category. He convinced King Knucklehead to bring in some players and drafted DJ. The defense has improved dramatically against the run and moved up in overall play and ranking. It can be truly stated that the defense contributed to our 10 wins this year.

So why are so many people saying Gunther sucks raw sewage from a straw?

FAX THE SERIOUSLY CURIOUS NOW ABOUT SOMETHING

htismaqe
01-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Okay, now I'm seriously curious about something.

I'm seeing a lot of Gun bashing on the board and I'm wondering why.

Gun inherited a defense that was last or next to last in every measurable category. He convinced King Knucklehead to bring in some players and drafted DJ. The defense has improved dramatically against the run and moved up in overall play and ranking. It can be truly stated that the defense contributed to our 10 wins this year.

So why are so many people saying Gunther sucks raw sewage from a straw?

FAX THE SERIOUSLY CURIOUS NOW ABOUT SOMETHING

Because the run defense didn't improve dramatically.

Yardage is down because attempts are down. We faced the 4th-fewest attempts in the league...

FAX
01-03-2006, 07:48 PM

Yardage is down because attempts are down. We faced the 4th-fewest attempts in the league...

You are wise and experienced, Mr. htismaqe, and I really don't want to debate this with you, but would you not agree that when the opponent finds that, when they cannot run with effectiveness, they may start passing instead? There is also the issue of TOP, is there not?

FAX

CoMoChief
01-03-2006, 07:50 PM
He did a fine job in Miami for the players he had, of course I'm sure he gets no credit for those Superbowl rings he got in Dallas either right......

Please, with all the talent they had on those Cowboys teams, Jimmy Raye or Paul Hackett couldnt have even ****ed that one up.

siberian khatru
01-03-2006, 07:53 PM

I guess it depends on your definition of "dramatically."

Our ypc went from 4.6 in 2004 to 4.1 in 2005.

If you throw out one horrendous afternoon of tackling in New York, the ypc is 3.8.

BTW, we faced the SECOND-fewest attempts in 2005. In 2004 we were fourth.

Mr. Laz
01-03-2006, 07:53 PM
You are wise and experienced, Mr. htismaqe, and I really don't want to debate this with you, but would you not agree that when the opponent finds that, when they cannot run with effectiveness, they may start passing instead? There is also the issue of TOP, is there not?

FAX

or they find out that they can throw the ball with such ease that they no longer need to run the ball.

milkman
01-03-2006, 07:54 PM

FAX

I'm sure Parker has the exact stats, but the fact is that the Chiefs were not very high in the standings in YPC allowed.

Teams didn't gouge our run D, because they could just exploit our even worse pass D.

jAZ
01-03-2006, 07:54 PM
Solari and Gunther
If Al gets the HC job, I think that's what we will see.

FAX
01-03-2006, 07:55 PM
I guess it depends on your definition of "dramatically."

Our ypc went from 4.6 in 2004 to 4.1 in 2005.

If you throw out one horrendous afternoon of tackling in New York, the ypc is 3.8.

BTW, we faced the SECOND-fewest attempts in 2005. In 2004 we were fourth.

Also, what people tend to forget is that the Chiefs were #3 in TOP this year behind only the Donkeys and Dallas. That has an effect on opponent rushing attempts.

FAX

siberian khatru
01-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Also, what people tend to forget is that the Chiefs were #3 in TOP this year behind only the Donkeys and Dallas. That has an effect on opponent rushing attempts.

FAX

Yeah, and I think we probably had more leads this year than last.

BTW, we ranked 29th in ypc on D in 2004; 20th in 2005.

FAX
01-03-2006, 07:59 PM
I'm sure Parker has the exact stats, but the fact is that the Chiefs were not very high in the standings in YPC allowed.

Teams didn't gouge our run D, because they could just exploit our even worse pass D.

I'm beginning to see why you guys are anti-Gun. For my part, I've seen improvement in the defense this year and remain supportive of him and his efforts.

FAX

sedated
01-03-2006, 08:12 PM
I've seen improvement in the defense this year and remain supportive of him and his efforts.

FAX

The D better improve if you put $50 million into it.

It didn't improve enough.

Whether that's Gun's fault or Dick's assistants may never be known.

But the success in the 90's was due to 2 people - Marty and DT

dannybcaitlyn
01-03-2006, 08:13 PM
Norv Turner
Gunther

FAX
01-03-2006, 08:14 PM
Took a quick look at the defensive stats for the year. KC ranked 7th in rushing yards per game as I'm sure you all know. Of the six teams ahead of us, 5 are in the playoffs. The remaining team is Sandy Eggo.

Would one not say that that is a playoff caliber rush defense?

FAX

milkman
01-03-2006, 08:15 PM
I'm beginning to see why you guys are anti-Gun. For my part, I've seen improvement in the defense this year and remain supportive of him and his efforts.

FAX

This season's defense is only a small part fo why I am anti-Gun.

He has never been a great DC.

His career is a picture of inconsistency.