PDA

View Full Version : NFL network"CHiefs and Jets in Heated Talks for Herm

Big Chief Homer
01-03-2006, 06:17 PM
Schefter on Nfl network says Jets and Chiefs are in Heated negotiations for Head coach Herman Edwards.They are trying to come to terms of mid round picks.

Commisioner must OK trade if they come to agreement.Talks Heated up after Williams decided to stay in DC

nychief
01-03-2006, 06:22 PM
Clayton says Saunders, NFL Network says Herm, Stoops is at the Plaza, Butch Davis is talking to players, Jim Fassel is looking at houses with his wife, Samari Rolle has just signed....

ED HARTWELL WHERE ARE YOU!

nascher
01-03-2006, 06:24 PM
injured ruptured achillies

Rausch
01-03-2006, 06:25 PM
I take it the NFL changed the rule where you can't trade for coaches last night...

Count Alex's Losses
01-03-2006, 06:25 PM
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREY DILLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

FringeNC
01-03-2006, 06:27 PM
I think I'd be willing to give up draft picks for the Jets to keep Edwards.

Cochise
01-03-2006, 06:27 PM
Hopefully, I will wake up any second now.

:huh: :Lin:

Big Chief Homer
01-03-2006, 06:29 PM
I take it the NFL changed the rule where you can't trade for coaches last night...

they way I understood it,you cant trade for coordinators and other coaches,but if you want to trade for a HC the commish has to approve it.

But who knows anymore....

VonneMarie
01-03-2006, 06:41 PM
Clayton says Saunders, NFL Network says Herm, Stoops is at the Plaza, Butch Davis is talking to players, Jim Fassel is looking at houses with his wife, Samari Rolle has just signed....

This is one kickass offseason! ROFL

Mr. Laz
01-03-2006, 06:42 PM
what better way to take the pressure off of having to select a good 1st round draft pick than to just trade it away.

ILChief
01-03-2006, 06:44 PM
i can live with trading a mid-round pick. just no first or second rounder. we wouldn't want to trade away the next William Bartee or Kris Wilson

Woodrow Call
At least it is mid round picks. The Chiefs might be able to get those back by trading down on draft day.

Mr. Kotter
what better way to take the pressure off of having to select a good 1st round draft pick than to just trade it away.

Didn't you read...."mid round"? I can see a 3rd or 4th rounder....no problem, given CP's draft history.

nychief
01-03-2006, 06:46 PM
jesus we have better luck with undrafted Free Agents than 2nd and 3rd rnd picks... tjeu can have them.

RP_McMurphy
01-03-2006, 06:46 PM
Ok sign him Chiefs and give up some draft picks. That way the Jaguars can get a good draft pick for David Garrad. I am thinking the Jaguars trade Garrad to the Jets for a draft pick.

Mecca
01-03-2006, 06:47 PM
I bet if we offered them Kris Wilson they'd just give us Herm and anything else we wanted. Hell they gave up a first round pick for Doug Jolley.

Tribal Warfare
01-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Carl is probably trying to pawn off the Scott Fujita compensation pick, and the Jets aren't having it. Lets hope it stays that way too

:#:cuss:

nychief
01-03-2006, 06:49 PM
I call BS on this report, I can't imagine a GM (even Bradway) getting only a couple of mid-round draft picks for Herm. Hell we got 2 3rds from the Redskins for a coach who was out of the league.

I can't imagine this getting done so fast - but I've been wrong before.

ILChief
01-03-2006, 07:06 PM
it just occured to me that I have no idea who I want to be the next coach:

Saunders deserves it but I'm not sure he is what we need.

Jeff Fisher would be my top choice but no way he gets out of TEN.

Butch Davis has a good record as a DC and college HC but his players in Cleveland hated him.

Stoops is the highest risk/reward. If our team was total crap like the Texans or Saints, he'd be my pick. But this team is close to being championship-calibre.

I guess my choice is Herm, provided we dont trade our first. He seems to be the best choice and it looks like Carl's got a woody for him.

As long as it's not Haslett or Martz.

jspchief
01-03-2006, 07:54 PM
The more I think about this, the more I think the Chiefs might have the upper hand in these negotiations.

How bad do the Jets want to keep a coach that doesn't want to be there? Herm has openly said he needs more years from the Jets to get the job done. Either they give him that, or they have an unhappy camper for a coach. I figure getting a few draft picks for a coach that you might as well fire isn't a bad deal, even if they are later picks.

I don't want to give any picks, but if we're going to do, I at least hope we use the leverage to get away cheap.

jAZ
01-03-2006, 08:03 PM
Why aren't we offering picks to the Titans for Fisher?

Rain Man
01-03-2006, 08:06 PM
If we trade more draft picks for a coach, my head will explode. There are way too many candidates out there for free.

Just say no to draft picks for coaches.

mcan
01-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Saunders deserves it but I'm not sure he is what we need.

So, if he is the guy who has done the best job, if we hire ANYBODY else, than we are hiring a lessor candidate. Why hire somebody that isn't as good of a coach just because we think that they can improve our defense? My bet is if Al Saunders was our defensive coordinator that our defense would be almost as good as our offense... Because coordinators aren't teaching TECHNIQUE. They teach a system based on their FOOTBALL MIND. If you know how to exploit an offense, then you know how to expoit a defense. If you know what your strenghts as an offense are, than you know what kinds of defenses you are afraid of...

58-4ever
01-03-2006, 08:09 PM
I really don't want Herm Edwards. He is the only coach in the NFL worse at managing the clock than DV. we need a coach who can drain the clock when we are up 24-6 at home against the Eagles!

Count Alex's Losses
01-03-2006, 08:11 PM
coordinators aren't teaching TECHNIQUE.

How do you know? From what I can tell, even HEAD COACHES teach technique from time to time.

KILLER_CLOWN
01-03-2006, 08:14 PM
Why aren't we offering picks to the Titans for Fisher?

Thank you voice of reason, He would be the only reason I would give up picks. Hell I don't want Herm if the jets offered us a pick or two.

sedated
01-03-2006, 08:17 PM
I really don't want Herm Edwards.

good avatar.

(f*ck the sooners)

44Grimmace
01-03-2006, 08:19 PM
fisher was fired... why give them picks when his contract was terminated?

milkman
01-03-2006, 08:23 PM

Link?

KILLER_CLOWN
01-03-2006, 08:25 PM

I think you mean Martz, Fisher be chillin titan style.

CoMoChief
01-03-2006, 08:27 PM

I heard Hartwell and Ty Law were gonna be acquired by the Chiefs through a "packaged" deal between 3 teams.

chefsos
01-03-2006, 08:30 PM
I heard Hartwell and Ty Law were gonna be acquired by the Chiefs through a "packaged" deal between 3 teams.
:) 48:00:00, 47:59:59, 47:59:58, 47:59:57....

44Grimmace
01-03-2006, 08:31 PM
yeah, that was my bad..... sry. i thought he'd been canned, and he was one of the top3 for me for next HC

KILLER_CLOWN
01-03-2006, 08:32 PM
I bet if Fisher was available the bidding would start somewhere around 6 mil/yr. Hell Williams just got 8 million over 3 years to be DC.

jspchief
01-03-2006, 09:43 PM
Why aren't we offering picks to the Titans for Fisher?Maybe Fisher doesn't want to leave the Titans. What makes you think he'd leave his job as one of the longest tenured coaches in the league to coach the Chiefs?

Halfcan
01-03-2006, 09:44 PM
We need all the pics we can get-keep Al and all of our pics.

FAX
01-03-2006, 09:45 PM
Maybe Fisher doesn't want to leave the Titans. What makes you think he'd leave his job as one of the longest tenured coaches in the league to coach the Chiefs?

My sources are reporting that Jeff is frustrated with the owner and would like to move on if he had more input over personnel.

FAX

Stinger
01-03-2006, 09:46 PM

Is it Hugh time yet???

jspchief
01-03-2006, 09:48 PM
My sources are reporting that Jeff is frustrated with the owner and would like to move on if he had more input over personnel.

FAXAre you being serious? I haven't heard anything about Fisher.

jAZ
01-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Maybe Fisher doesn't want to leave the Titans. What makes you think he'd leave his job as one of the longest tenured coaches in the league to coach the Chiefs?
http://www.examiner.net/stories/010306/spo_010306029.shtml

"But team president Carl Peterson, limited by NFL rules against tampering, couldn't talk about projected candidates like ... Titans head man Jeff Fisher ..."

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2006/01/01/SPG3GGFVPL1.DTL

-- Tennessee: Jeff Fisher's job is believed to be safe, but Fisher, having already gone through one building project that resulted in a strong five-year run, might want to go someplace else rather than live with another rebuilding. The Titans, however, would be foolish to let him leave.

FAX
01-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Are you being serious? I haven't heard anything about Fisher.

My sources may be imbecillic, drooling, mentally-challenged neaderthals, but their reporting on this subject is 100% accurate, Mr. jspchief.

Keep in mind, though, that Jeff has another year on his current deal with an option through 2007.

FAX

jspchief
01-03-2006, 09:59 PM
http://www.examiner.net/stories/010306/spo_010306029.shtml"But team president Carl Peterson, limited by NFL rules against tampering, couldn't talk about projected candidates like ... Titans head man Jeff Fisher ..."http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2006/01/01/SPG3GGFVPL1.DTL-- Tennessee: Jeff Fisher's job is believed to be safe, but Fisher, having already gone through one building project that resulted in a strong five-year run, might want to go someplace else rather than live with another rebuilding. The Titans, however, would be foolish to let him leave.Ok. First I'd heard. Although neither article sounds like much more than random speculation. Certainly nothing from Fisher that indicates that he's wanting out.

jAZ
01-03-2006, 10:52 PM
Ok. First I'd heard. Although neither article sounds like much more than random speculation. Certainly nothing from Fisher that indicates that he's wanting out.
Yep, I think he's almost certainly staying, but if we are going to seek out Herm (who has expressly said he intends to be a Jet next season), why not shoot for the moon with Fisher?

PastorMikH
01-03-2006, 11:17 PM
I don't understand something here. If Herm has a window coming up where he can void his current contract with the Jets, why are we talking about trading draft picks? Let him void his contract, then we deal with him and his agents without the Jets involvement.

Did the Jets bust Carl for tampering and are planning on making him dance?

Crush
01-03-2006, 11:20 PM
I already hate this offseason.

Dunit35
01-03-2006, 11:21 PM
Whats wrong with AS anyways?

Crush
01-03-2006, 11:26 PM

Apparently Carl hates him.

VonneMarie
01-03-2006, 11:27 PM
I already hate this offseason.
Join the club...

Rausch
01-03-2006, 11:30 PM
I don't understand something here. If Herm has a window coming up where he can void his current contract with the Jets, why are we talking about trading draft picks?

Because people on here are morons.

Not only can you not trade picks, we wouldn't have to.

Of course, you'd have to be the dumbest **** on the planet to not know that by now...

Digital Takawira
01-04-2006, 01:07 AM
We need all the pics we can get-keep Al and all of our pics.

this thread is useless without pics.

Wallcrawler
01-04-2006, 02:13 AM
Id rather have Herman Edwards than Al Saunders or Mike Martz.

Saunders and Martz often beat themselves by getting cute with the playcalling and overthinking things that are so obvious that everyone in the damn stands could tell you what to do in that particular situation, and they do something completely out of left field.

I think Herman Edwards could do some pretty good things with this team. He went to, and won more playoff games than Vermiel did, while working with less talent. We know that he certainly knows how to make good use of a great running back in his backfield as well. Under Edwards, we know that Johnson would be used as he should be and we wouldnt be seeing those types of things that Martz and Saunders are prone to do and just go into passing mode and ignore the running game. Moreover, he does have some knowledge about defense, which the Chiefs really need right now.

I think it would be pretty cool if the Chiefs could get Herman Edwards as the Head Coach, and get Norv Turner as the offensive coordinator.

With our O-line, Larry Johnson, Trent Green, and Tony Gonzalez, Norv Turner would have all the position players that he has ever needed to field a championship caliber offense.

Id certainly rather not see the Chiefs have to trade away good picks for Edwards, but I would rather see them do that as to bring in someone like Mike Martz or retain Al Saunders.

Big Chief Homer
01-04-2006, 07:20 AM
Because people on here are morons.

Not only can you not trade picks, we wouldn't have to.

Of course, you'd have to be the dumbest **** on the planet to not know that by now...

I think you would need to get YOUR facts straight before you start name calling and flinging shit.

If they want Edwards they are going to have to give up Draft picks as compensation.

Hc's and Gm's are not included in the memo that went around in 2003(gruden rule).They sure as Hell are allowed to give up picks for him.

tomahawk kid
01-04-2006, 07:28 AM
I think you would need to get YOUR facts straight before you start name calling and flinging shit.

If they want Edwards they are going to have to give up Draft picks as compensation.

Hc's and Gm's are not included in the memo that went around in 2003(gruden rule).They sure as Hell are allowed to give up picks for him.

That's correct. You cannot trade draft picks for coordinators OR assistant coaches, but you can trade picks for head coaches provided the Commissioner approves.

According to what Adam Shefter reported on the NFL Network last night, the Chiefs and Jets are discussing "mid-round" draft choice as compensation for Herm.

Matt Helm
01-04-2006, 07:29 AM
The garbage about trading players or draft picks for coaches is just wrong. If they want compensation take the cash and leave the players out of the equation.

PastorMikH
01-04-2006, 10:19 AM

Like I said, Edwards is supposed to have an opt-out clause in his contract that allows him to say no, cut ties, and walk away. He even pointed this out to the Jets -and threatened to use it - when he was asking for an extension.

If he has that opt-out clause, why should we send draft picks to the Jets if he can opt out of his contract and has severe ties with the team? To say that he would still cost us draft pics then would be like saying we would owe draft pics to Dallas and Miami if we wanted to hire Jimmy Johnson.

IF Herm WERE to want to come to KC, and IF he REALLY cared about the Chiefs, he won't want the Chiefs to give up draft pics - PICKS THAT HE WOULD GET TO USE - to get him here.

The ONLY reason I see for us to give draft picks for Herm is if the Jets have caught wind of talks that have taken place but "haven't actually happened" and are threatening to take the matter to the NFL if Carl doesn't dance to their tune.

PastorMikH
01-04-2006, 10:21 AM
BTW, can anyone here come up with the actual dates of the "opt out window" that Edwards is supposed to have?

Johnson&Johnson
01-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Giving up our 1st round pick for Herm plus John Abraham. Now we're talking.

And BTW, Abraham did say he'd go wherever Herm ends up.

The difference between Herm and Vermeil = Edawrds is a lot younger and won't cry as much. Both are quality guy with good intentions for the team and the city.

Look at it this way
DV - 1st NFL team (Eagles) = SB appearance with overachievers (little talent)
DV - 2nd NFL team (Rams) = SB championship (extraordinary talent)
DV - 3rd NFL team (KC) = one playoff appearance with limited talent

Herm - 1st NFL team (Jets) = 3 playoff appearance in 5 seasons (despite a injury-prone QB)

Herm - 2nd NFL team (KC?) = if Vermeils history is true, Herm will have greater success as HC for his second team. Same was true with Belichik (Browns then Patriots), also true with Gruden (Raiders then Bucs)...would it be true with Herm? He definitely is someone I'd take over Gregg Williams. Thank you Dan Snyder for locking up Williams (he's only successful because of Joe Gibbs, same can be said of Joe Bugel)

dirk digler
01-04-2006, 11:15 AM
BTW, can anyone here come up with the actual dates of the "opt out window" that Edwards is supposed to have?

He doesn't have one it was a mis-truth stated by Athan.

Johnson&Johnson
01-04-2006, 11:15 AM
Id rather have Herman Edwards than Al Saunders or Mike Martz.

Saunders and Martz often beat themselves by getting cute with the playcalling and overthinking things that are so obvious that everyone in the damn stands could tell you what to do in that particular situation, and they do something completely out of left field.

I think Herman Edwards could do some pretty good things with this team. He went to, and won more playoff games than Vermiel did, while working with less talent. We know that he certainly knows how to make good use of a great running back in his backfield as well. Under Edwards, we know that Johnson would be used as he should be and we wouldnt be seeing those types of things that Martz and Saunders are prone to do and just go into passing mode and ignore the running game. Moreover, he does have some knowledge about defense, which the Chiefs really need right now.

I think it would be pretty cool if the Chiefs could get Herman Edwards as the Head Coach, and get Norv Turner as the offensive coordinator.

With our O-line, Larry Johnson, Trent Green, and Tony Gonzalez, Norv Turner would have all the position players that he has ever needed to field a championship caliber offense.

Id certainly rather not see the Chiefs have to trade away good picks for Edwards, but I would rather see them do that as to bring in someone like Mike Martz or retain Al Saunders.

I agree with almost everything you said about Herm. But no F***ing Martz. Are you nuts? You contradicted the idea of Herm knowing how to utilize someone like LJ and then go on to say its ok for Martz? That idiot has a 80% to 20% pass/run ratio most of the games. Martz is someone that'll go for a pass play with 3rd and 2 with 4 minutes left in a game despite being up 21 pts. He's an idiot that no one in the game would want to respect.

jspchief
01-04-2006, 11:17 AM
I don't believe he has an opt out clause.

And even if he did, I think the Chiefs would still look guilty of tampering if he "opted out" mysteriously knowing that he had another job waiting for him.

dirk digler
01-04-2006, 11:21 AM
I don't believe he has an opt out clause.

And even if he did, I think the Chiefs would still look guilty of tampering if he "opted out" mysteriously knowing that he had another job waiting for him.

He doesn't it was a lie by Athan. Why would a team negoitate with another team to acquire their HC if all they had to do was wait for the HC to void his final year. It makes no sense at all.

FTR, I haven't ever heard of a HC having a "voidable" year in his contract, players yes but not HC's.

Johnson&Johnson
01-04-2006, 11:40 AM

Nothing is wrong with him. He's just not a motivator or someone who can make critical decisions during a game or make good calls as a ultimate leader of a team. Though he is a great offensive coordinator.

People must understand that the great head coaches are usually more of a psychology minded person. AS is a great X's and O's guy, much like Gun.

If you want to understand how the successful HC do it. Study Bill Walsh and more recent Jon Gruden and Bill Belichik. All three loves football from birth I think but they never did play the game at the highest level. All three are exceptionally intelligent with great football smarts and very good in evaluating his players and STAFF.

Just understand the difference between a "mad scientist" vs. an "inspirational leader". AS and Martz are the mad scientist. If you know music, its the same. Great songs were written with simple and less chords and songs that's written just for the sake of using unusual chords and having 2 times more chords are usually not good. Martz and AS would win numerous championships if the NFL had given out awards for the number os new plays for each year/game or creative plays that involves 4 players touching a ball for each play.

Mecca
01-04-2006, 11:44 AM
People must understand that the great head coaches are usually more of a psychology minded person. AS is a great X's and O's guy, much like Gun.

:spock: You totally lost me after you said "Gun is a great x's and o's guy. I'd hate to see what guys who have top 10 rankings defenses are. They must be the jesus or god of x's and o's.

phxchief
01-04-2006, 11:46 AM
:spock: You totally lost me after you said "Gun is a great x's and o's guy. I'd hate to see what guys who have top 10 rankings defenses are. They must be the jesus or god of x's and o's.

Actually, you must have missed his entire point completely.

Gun may have designed brilliant defensive schemes that have yet to be executed very well. The latter part has nothing to do with the X's and O's of the philosophy.

Mecca
01-04-2006, 11:48 AM
If Gun was a good X's and O's coach he could devise schemes to make average players good and hide bad players that capitilize on the good players he has. He doesn't do that, he relies on his talent to make him look good. The one time this man had a good defense he had all the pieces anyone could ever want.

58-4ever
01-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Nothing is wrong with him. He's just not a motivator or someone who can make critical decisions during a game or make good calls as a ultimate leader of a team. Though he is a great offensive coordinator.

If you want to understand how the successful HC do it. Study Bill Walsh and more recent Jon Gruden and Bill Belichik. All three loves football from birth I think but they never did play the game at the highest level. All three are exceptionally intelligent with great football smarts and very good in evaluating his players and STAFF.

Just understand the difference between a "mad scientist" vs. an "inspirational leader". AS and Martz are the mad scientist. If you know music, its the same. Great songs were written with simple and less chords and songs that's written just for the sake of using unusual chords and having 2 times more chords are usually not good. Martz and AS would win numerous championships if the NFL had given out awards for the number os new plays for each year/game or creative plays that involves 4 players touching a ball for each play.

with this philosophy our next head coach should be Bob Stoops.

PastorMikH
01-04-2006, 11:55 AM
He doesn't have one it was a mis-truth stated by Athan.

UHG! I'm thinking so myself after doing a bit of searching on the net. He had an opt-out in his original contract with the Jets allowing him to opt out of the last 2 years. That contract expired at the end of this season ('05). However, he signed a 2 year extension in '03 and it appears that there was no opt out in the new contract. This is according to Ken Berger's article
here. (http://www.newsday.com/sports/columnists/ny-nbag3164515006nov16,0,4008107.column?coll=ny-sports-columnists)

Major, strike in my book concerning the credibility of stuff from his site.

Johnson&Johnson
01-04-2006, 12:04 PM
If Gun was a good X's and O's coach he could devise schemes to make average players good and hide bad players that capitilize on the good players he has. He doesn't do that, he relies on his talent to make him look good. The one time this man had a good defense he had all the pieces anyone could ever want.

Well. If you are refering to better schemes, then AS should have the same results. Take away Roaf, Shields, Waters, Weigmann, Gonzalez, T-Rich, Priest, LJ and Green. Let's see what AS could do.

You just said it to. Gun had more success as a def. coord. in the late 90's because better talent was in place. Exactly. Our defense is starting to see improvement now but still not close to the talent levels that AS have with the offense. If you look at Gun's defensive talents: Jared Allen (came into his own this year, very promising rookie in 04); Pat Surtain (we got this year); Ryan Simms (finally came into his own this year); Kawika (came into his own this year); DJ (we just drafted him); To me the only talent Gun had from early 2000 team thats consistent has been Greg Wesley and Eric Warfield and maybe Maslowski (but he was never healthy when Gun return).

Mecca
01-04-2006, 12:07 PM
Well. If you are refering to better schemes, then AS should have the same results. Take away Roaf, Shields, Waters, Weigmann, Gonzalez, T-Rich, Priest, LJ and Green. Let's see what AS could do.

You just said it to. Gun had more success as a def. coord. in the late 90's because better talent was in place. Exactly. Our defense is starting to see improvement now but still not close to the talent levels that AS have with the offense. If you look at Gun's defensive talents: Jared Allen (came into his own this year, very promising rookie in 04); Pat Surtain (we got this year); Ryan Simms (finally came into his own this year); Kawika (came into his own this year); DJ (we just drafted him); To me the only talent Gun had from early 2000 team thats consistent has been Greg Wesley and Eric Warfield and maybe Maslowski (but he was never healthy when Gun return).

I wasn't asking Gun to have a number 1 defense like Saunders has a number 1 offense. I was asking him to be 14-17, with the money they spent in the offseason on the players he specifically asked for. The fact that we improved marginally, I consider this a failure. I don't consider it a good job, there are numerous teams in the league that played better defense this year with the same or less talent than we have.

brent102fire
01-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Shefter also reported Trent Green had a blood clot in his leg the day after Trent Green had a press conference and said "it was not a blood clot" and that he had a stent put in his leg for a weakness in an artery. Shefter is not always reliable either...

Johnson&Johnson
01-04-2006, 01:02 PM
I wasn't asking Gun to have a number 1 defense like Saunders has a number 1 offense. I was asking him to be 14-17, with the money they spent in the offseason on the players he specifically asked for. The fact that we improved marginally, I consider this a failure. I don't consider it a good job, there are numerous teams in the league that played better defense this year with the same or less talent than we have.

I agree with your evaluation of Gun. To me the defense showed improvement but he failed to get us to the middle ranks of overall defense.
But you'd have to compare apples to apples in contrast to the other team's defense that rank in the top 8-16 ranks; look at what teams they had to face.

Its easy to overlook things like that when you say a defense with mediocre talent was better than the Chiefs because of better defensive coord. and their schemes? We went up against Philly at the height of their season, we get Den & SD twice. Oak always play us tough, we get a desperate DAL and NYG team at the height of their run for the playoff. Right there are 7 teams with offensive prowness.

I honestly believe that our defense has a lot to do with inspiration which Gun lacks. Someone here at the planet once pointed out that Gun's yelling and overly stress approach, more so than not, makes the player fed up. Evident at the NYG game. Can't tackle.

A lot of this was created by Vermeil's ways during training camp in going soft (little pads, and not really hard tackling) It's simple, you practice the way you play. Remember during training camp, all the players and coaches said LJ was the best player in training camp. It finally showed when he took over the ranks for Priest. They kept sayin that LJ practice during training camps as if it was a game...he finished all his runs and completed his assigments in detail. If you also remember the days that KC defense was at the top, our offense was not as good. because during camp and practices, our D players would go all out and tackle and hit guys.

01-04-2006, 01:03 PM
just say NO to herm

Donger
01-04-2006, 01:03 PM
just say NO to herm

ROFL

01-04-2006, 01:04 PM
why is my name messed up like that

Donger
01-04-2006, 01:06 PM
why is my name messed up like that

Welcome to the Planet.

htismaqe
01-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Your username activates a censor filter...

, , , , with no spaces comes out