PDA

View Full Version : What do we know about Nick Athan?

Skip Towne
01-03-2006, 08:44 PM
What does he do for a living? Phobia says the websites won't support him. Does he have any education? Where did he go to school? What degrees does he hold? Where does he live? What are his favorite sports teams? Anything else you might know about him.

Rain Man
01-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Uh-oh. Did he just ask out your daughter?

Count Alex's Wins
01-03-2006, 08:46 PM
Athan is a mortgage broker.

Skip Towne
01-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Athan is a mortage broker.
I've seen you defending him lately. Are you on the take over there?

nychief
01-03-2006, 08:50 PM
I know that he the disseminates false information for a hobby.

FAX
01-03-2006, 08:51 PM
My sources report that he is the illegitimate offspring of Yassar Arafat.

FAX

gblowfish
01-03-2006, 09:00 PM
He's commonly called "Chiefs Insider Nick Athan."
I have a theory.
He lives as one of many parasites
deep inside of Bob Moore.

KILLER_CLOWN
01-03-2006, 09:01 PM
He lives as one of many parasites
deep inside of Bob Moore.

ROFL

Halfcan
01-03-2006, 09:04 PM
He is Bob Gretz's boyfriend-and sometimes old Bob throws him a bone-I mean story.

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2006, 09:16 PM
What does he do for a living? Phobia says the websites won't support him. Does he have any education? Where did he go to school? What degrees does he hold? Where does he live? What are his favorite sports teams? Anything else you might know about him.

You tired of stalking chiefs4me?

alanm
01-03-2006, 09:17 PM
I've seen you defending him lately. Are you on the take over there?
I think they may have paid GC to stay away :)
j/k

Skip Towne
01-03-2006, 09:22 PM
I think they may have paid GC to stay away :)
j/k
I don't know. His butthole buddy Zach is on the take over there and gochiefs is defending the site all of a sudden. I smell a rat.

Count Alex's Wins
I don't know. His butthole buddy Zach is on the take over there and gochiefs is defending the site all of a sudden. I smell a rat.

You can smell?

Katipan
He wears briefs.

Skip Towne
01-03-2006, 09:25 PM
You can smell?
Damn, I hope I can survive that lethal slam.

Count Alex's Wins
01-03-2006, 09:28 PM
Damn, I hope I can survive that lethal slam.

It was a legitimate question, old timer. I worry about old people that can't smell. Dangerous gases could buildup and a spark from your WebTV might send the place up in flames.

chiefs4me
01-03-2006, 09:29 PM

I think I know the answer to at least one of these questions...I do believe his fav sports team is the KC Chiefs........:DROFL

old_geezer
01-03-2006, 09:29 PM
We know he's a journalist of great integrity that would never spread a false rumor unless he has at least one source...................oh wait, he probably considers himself a great source,so..............nevermind.

nychief
01-03-2006, 09:30 PM
I think I am going to start my own rumor website - I am positive I have more pull at Arrrowhead than this fraud.

Skip Towne
01-03-2006, 09:35 PM
It was a legitimate question, old timer. I worry about old people that can't smell. Dangerous gases could buildup and a spark from your WebTV might send the place up in flames.
If I were you I'd work on becoming a productive member of society instead of worrying about anyone else. Are your parents going to support you forever? You're a piss poor excuse for a human being. Did you know that?

Skip Towne
01-03-2006, 09:36 PM
I think I know the answer to at least one of these questions...I do believe his fav sports team is the KC Chiefs........:DROFL
Why do you think he is a Chiefs fan?

FAX
01-03-2006, 09:37 PM

Have you been speaking with my sources?

FAX

C-Mac
01-03-2006, 09:39 PM
I know I got my first negative rep for posting one of his articles on here.

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2006, 09:40 PM
I think I am going to start my own rumor website - I am positive I have more pull at Arrrowhead than this fraud.

You are the cleaning lady, aren't you. The one with dirty knees? :hmmm:

siberian khatru
01-03-2006, 09:42 PM
"How do we know he's NOT Mel Torme?"

http://www.planetkilmer.com/filmography/topsec.jpg

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
01-03-2006, 09:43 PM
Here goes...Nick Athan was a reporter for WHB 810am several years ago. I believe he was shit canned by Kevin Keitzman for running a false story on the Royals or something. At any rate, I gave him a working audition at the now defunct NFLScoop.com and he did ok and reported straight stories until I caught wind of a couple of doozies he posted to the site in the middle of the night. Thankfully my right hand man, The Bad Guy, saw them and deleted them before they got us in trouble. Nick tries real hard but he should stop trying to be a scoop-breaker and just report the news.

nychief
01-03-2006, 09:45 PM
You are the cleaning lady, aren't you. The one with dirty knees? :hmmm:

yes, yes I am.

Count Alex's Wins
01-03-2006, 09:46 PM
If I were you I'd work on becoming a productive member of society instead of worrying about anyone else. Are your parents going to support you forever? You're a piss poor excuse for a human being. Did you know that?

ROFL

There's the Skip I know!

jspchief
01-03-2006, 09:47 PM
I don't know. His butthole buddy Zach is on the take over there and gochiefs is defending the site all of a sudden. I smell a rat.gochiefs and Zach like to become scrotum ornanments for at least one moderator at every BB they go to. It must be some sort of complex.

Count Alex's Wins
01-03-2006, 09:47 PM

For the record, Athan's FREE forum has been reporting FACTS about the Chiefs today that didn't hit Chiefsplanet until AFTER they were on WPI.

Count Alex's Wins
01-03-2006, 09:48 PM
gochiefs and Zach like to become scrotum ornanments for at least one moderator at every BB they go to. It must be some sort of complex.

ROFL

First of all "scrotum ornament" is a hilarious phrase.

Second, I rarely post over there.

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2006, 09:48 PM
yes, yes I am.

Hell, you are the most credible one.

Unless Nick has dirty knees too. :hmmm:

Skip Towne
01-03-2006, 09:52 PM
gochiefs and Zach like to become scrotum ornanments for at least one moderator at every BB they go to. It must be some sort of complex.
Haha scrotum ornaments Haha

jspchief
01-03-2006, 09:52 PM
For the record, Athan's FREE forum has been reporting FACTS about the Chiefs today that didn't hit Chiefsplanet until AFTER they were on WPI.That's great. The boy that cried wolf actually has a wolf in his site for once.

It's never been about what he gets right, it's about the bullshit that he puts out there. Ed Hartwell in 48 hours, etc.

As far as I'm concerned, it's just a cheap tactic to generate hits/pub for his site. It's profootballtalk.

Skip Towne
01-03-2006, 09:54 PM
ROFL

Second, I rarely post over there.
Well, you've sure been sucking their dick on here today. And it's mortgage, not mortage broker. And how did you know that?

Count Alex's Wins
01-03-2006, 09:56 PM
Well, you've sure been sucking their dick on here today. And it's mortgage, not mortage broker. And how did you know that?

Typo.

chiefs4me
01-03-2006, 09:59 PM
Have you been speaking with my sources?

FAX

well..I...Uh, sort of, maybe...okay I was......ROFL

C-Mac
01-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Here goes...Nick Athan was a reporter for WHB 810am several years ago. I believe he was shit canned by Kevin Keitzman for running a false story on the Royals or something. At any rate, I gave him a working audition at the now defunct NFLScoop.com and he did ok and reported straight stories until I caught wind of a couple of doozies he posted to the site in the middle of the night. Thankfully my right hand man, The Bad Guy, saw them and deleted them before they got us in trouble. Nick tries real hard but he should stop trying to be a scoop-breaker and just report the news.

Are you still writing for someone Marty? Used to enjoy your articles.

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2006, 10:05 PM

Very interesting. I wonder if Phil was aware.... :hmmm:

Phobia
01-03-2006, 10:11 PM
I was aware. I've known about Marty and Frank's experiences with Nick and have for quite some time. I did quite a bit of homework on the guy in addition to what I already knew. I think I'm in a better situation for growth at WI now despite the "hack" reputation Nick has in certain circles on the internet. I know differently. I'm trying to improve that reputation and the site in general. It's a lot of work. We're getting there.

Cochise
01-03-2006, 10:14 PM

Hey, I really enjoyed that website. Wish NFLScoop was still around.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-03-2006, 10:14 PM
Nick Athan saved me from myself.

stevieray
01-03-2006, 10:15 PM
He's related to JD.

Phobia doesn't know it yet.

jjchieffan
01-03-2006, 10:16 PM
I dont see him as anything spectacular. Just some overglorified egomaniac that thinks his information is so good people should pay for it. He runs the story that AS will be HC at Detroit, possibly as early as Monday. Here it is Tuesday, still no proof that it is true, and he starts a thread linking to another story, but this one is for premium members only. I see no reason to pay for his information. If his free stuff isnt reliable, who says his pay info is.

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2006, 10:17 PM
He's related to JD.

Heh-heh. ROFL

htismaqe
01-03-2006, 10:18 PM
He's related to JD.

Ouch.

That's funny.

But harsh.

:clap:

Mr. Kotter
Nick Athan saved me from myself.

gochiefs is saving himself for Nick too.

FAX
My sources are reporting that Mrs. Peterson wears a nipple ring.

FAX

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2006, 10:20 PM

FAX

I can.....ah, wait a minute, let me look.........definitively deny that. She does have a clit ring though.

redbrian
01-03-2006, 10:21 PM

FAX

This post is no good with out photo's!

Phobia
01-03-2006, 10:22 PM
I dont see him as anything spectacular. Just some overglorified egomaniac that thinks his information is so good people should pay for it. He runs the story that AS will be HC at Detroit, possibly as early as Monday. Here it is Tuesday, still no proof that it is true, and he starts a thread linking to another story, but this one is for premium members only. I see no reason to pay for his information. If his free stuff isnt reliable, who says his pay info is.

If you don't want to pay, don't pay. Did you read what you just wrote? Here, I'll quote it for you: He runs the story that AS will be HC at Detroit, possibly as early as Monday. Here it is Tuesday, still no proof that it is true
First, he didn't say AS "WILL" be HC, but you did get the rest of it right.

jjchieffan
01-03-2006, 10:31 PM
I could run a story saying gochiefs could be named head coach of the Raders as early as tommorrow to. I guess since I said could be that makes me as reliable as Nick.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
01-03-2006, 10:39 PM
C-Mack-

I'm the Senior Online Editor for Draftsharks.com, one of the best fantasy football sites on the Internet. I also help organize the World Championship of Fantasy Football (www.wcoff.com).

I miss the Scoop days...I find it funny that some of ESPN's customization of team news is using the same technology we unveiled in 2000.

I'm now the Director of a very successful Parks and Recreation program in Maricopa, Arizona www.cityofmaricopa.net/PRL.htm

Thanks again for the words...

Are you still writing for someone Marty? Used to enjoy your articles.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
01-03-2006, 10:41 PM
FWIW, Al Saunders will likely be named the HC in Detroit. GM Matt Millen needs to interview minorities to meet the NFL's Johnny Cochran rule. I'm still trying to confirm this but a buddy of mine in Detroit stated that Millen did a phone interview with Saunders on SUNDAY night. This info is coming from a lot sources not named Nick Athan.

Katipan
01-03-2006, 10:41 PM
I'm now the Director of a very successful Parks and Recreation program in Maricopa, Arizona www.cityofmaricopa.net/PRL.htm

Thanks again for the words...

hey!

cool!

Cochise
01-03-2006, 10:42 PM
In 1972, a crack Chiefs insider was sent to prison by a military court for a crime he didn't commit. He promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Kansas City underground. Today, still wanted by the government, he survives as a soldier of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire... NICK ATHAN

stevieray
01-03-2006, 10:43 PM
In 1972, a crack Chiefs insider was sent to prison by a military court for a crime he didn't commit. He promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Kansas City underground. Today, still wanted by the government, he survives as a soldier of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire... THE A(than)-TEAM

I pity the fool who doesn't believe his stories.

nychief
01-03-2006, 10:45 PM
News break!!!

Mike Martz will be head coach of the Raiders.

I am off to get my press credentials... they get me into all of the rumors meetings at arrowhead.

more TK (that is journalism speak for "to come")

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
01-03-2006, 10:46 PM
Allow me to shed some more light on INTERNET journalism. Anyone can do the job but very few can deliver the goods. I personally think that Phil will get Nick straightened out over time. It's not a quick fix; it's a methodical process. If Nick continues dishing out crap then Phil and the powers that be will be forced to pull the plug on him one day. It's that simple. Headlines drive people to the site...quality content keeps them on the site.

I was aware. I've known about Marty and Frank's experiences with Nick and have for quite some time. I did quite a bit of homework on the guy in addition to what I already knew. I think I'm in a better situation for growth at WI now despite the "hack" reputation Nick has in certain circles on the internet. I know differently. I'm trying to improve that reputation and the site in general. It's a lot of work. We're getting there.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
01-03-2006, 10:47 PM
I thought that was Bob Gretz.

In 1972, a crack Chiefs insider was sent to prison by a military court for a crime he didn't commit. He promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Kansas City underground. Today, still wanted by the government, he survives as a soldier of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire... NICK ATHAN

Phobia
01-03-2006, 10:49 PM
I could run a story saying gochiefs could be named head coach of the Raders as early as tommorrow to. I guess since I said could be that makes me as reliable as Nick.

Christ. You don't even see the difference. Can you at least acknowledge that AS is a candidate for the Detroit job? Every other media outlet is reporting that much and we gave it to you 2 days before them.

joesomebody
01-03-2006, 10:51 PM
Isn't Maricopa Arizona where that crazy sheriff is running that jail with the army surplus tents and rusted barb wire?

SLAG
01-03-2006, 10:51 PM
Christ. You don't even see the difference. Can you at least acknowledge that AS is a candidate for the Detroit job? Every other media outlet is reporting that much and we gave it to you 2 days before them.

arnt all coaches and O.C's Fair game in the off season pretty much

I mean cant anything happen?

Couldnt Tice Be a Contender in NO or GB

:shrug:

joesomebody
01-03-2006, 10:53 PM
Christ. You don't even see the difference. Can you at least acknowledge that AS is a candidate for the Detroit job? Every other media outlet is reporting that much and we gave it to you 2 days before them.Wouldn't it be safe to say that AS is a candidate for any team that is remotely considering hiring a new HC?

2 days is nothing, it has been going around the planet that there is no way AS will be an OC for the chiefs after DV leaves for at least a year and a half.

stevieray
01-03-2006, 10:53 PM
Isn't Maricopa Arizona where that crazy sheriff is running that jail with the army surplus tents and rusted barb wire?

pink drawers.

Katipan
01-03-2006, 10:54 PM
and green bologna

dirk digler
01-03-2006, 10:57 PM
I have to hand it to Phil and Nick though. Every local TV station when talking about the Chiefs and rumors mentions WPI.

Even if the rumors are false they are getting free advertising.

nychief
01-03-2006, 11:00 PM
I have to hand it to Phil and Nick though. Every local TV station when talking about the Chiefs and rumors mentions WPI.

Even if the rumors are false they are getting free advertising.

terrible reporting.

Phobia
01-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Wouldn't it be safe to say that AS is a candidate for any team that is remotely considering hiring a new HC?

2 days is nothing, it has been going around the planet that there is no way AS will be an OC for the chiefs after DV leaves for at least a year and a half.

No, it wouldn't be safe because AS is currently linked to the openings in Houston, Detroit, and Minnesota by multiple media sources. I'd imagine he'll also be linked to Oakland sometime tomorrow. But so far as I know no other teams have expressed an interest in the guy.

ENDelt260
01-03-2006, 11:02 PM
Marty lives in the town of Maricopa, AZ.

Sheriff Joe runs things in Maricopa County, AZ.

The bologna's not green anymore.

joesomebody
01-03-2006, 11:05 PM
No, it wouldn't be safe because AS is currently linked to the openings in Houston, Detroit, and Minnesota by multiple media sources. I'd imagine he'll also be linked to Oakland sometime tomorrow. But so far as I know no other teams have expressed an interest in the guy.Ok, by "linked" you have no proof, only sources right? From CP's press conference he made it sound like its against NFL policy to officially announce these things during the season, as its tampering right? CP can only acknowledge that he is in talks with AS because hes already one of our coaches... so by "linked" you would be safe in stating any team interested in coach was interested in AS because I said so, and I can be your source.

jspchief
01-03-2006, 11:09 PM

Even if the rumors are false they are getting free advertising.There's the crux of it. Throw enough darts at the dartboard, and eventually you'll hit some bullseyes. Athan has been throwing handfuls of darts for years now, and it's finally gotten him the publicity he was seeking.

People hear WPI mentioned as a source, go check out the site, and believe they are legit. Then they go to all the other boards telling us about how Hartwell will be signed within 24 hours or some stupid shit.

Lucky for Nick there's no accountability for what he passes off as news and insider info.

kregger
01-03-2006, 11:09 PM
There was a Nick Athan sighting on the Spot last night. Who ever the host(ess) was, a lot of fawning and supposition going on in that studio.
Nothing revealing, just a promo for WPI. That must be where he wants to "break" the real stories.

Phobia
01-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Ok, by "linked" you have no proof, only sources right? From CP's press conference he made it sound like its against NFL policy to officially announce these things during the season, as its tampering right? CP can only acknowledge that he is in talks with AS because hes already one of our coaches... so by "linked" you would be safe in stating any team interested in coach was interested in AS because I said so, and I can be your source.

If you worked for the Detroit Lions or you were a beat reporter for the Lions you could be my source. If you were some jackass off the street you couldn't be my source.

Also, the season is over. Tampering is when you talk to somebody under contract without permission.

joesomebody
01-03-2006, 11:15 PM
If you worked for the Detroit Lions or you were a beat reporter for the Lions you could be my source. If you were some jackass off the street you couldn't be my source.

Also, the season is over. Tampering is when you talk to somebody under contract without permission.What are the chances you'd ever be required to provide a source...

Yeah that one lady went to jail for not releasing her source, but that involved the outing of one of our undercover CIA agents...

We're talking WPI and the future of an offensive coordinator in the NFL.

All I meant, was its no surprise to hear that AS is being looked at by other teams in the NFL, not very many people would expect him to remain an OC for the Chiefs after our offensive success and the retirement of our head coach.

jjchieffan
01-03-2006, 11:18 PM

I do see the difference. And I should hope that AS is a candidate in Detroit,he is one of the top candidates out there. I am sure he will interview with 5-6 teams, maybe more, and will land a HC job somewhere. I hope it is in KC. But Nicks article made it sound like a lot more than just a candidate, and that all that was left was for the paperwork to be signed. If that comes true, god help AS, because he wont get any help from his GM. Detroit is career suicide as long as Matt Millen is there. Mariucci, a SB winning coach is not a popular candidate now because of Millen. For Detroit to land a top coach with that track record seems very unlikely, but I guess stranger things have happened.

stevieray
01-03-2006, 11:20 PM
I think al is going to get offers and then Carl will decide if he wants to match the highest bidder.

why else would he say their interview isn't complete?

dirk digler
01-03-2006, 11:22 PM

Also, the season is over. Tampering is when you talk to somebody under contract without permission.

I can be your "source".... ;)

milkman
01-03-2006, 11:27 PM
I do see the difference. And I should hope that AS is a candidate in Detroit,he is one of the top candidates out there. I am sure he will interview with 5-6 teams, maybe more, and will land a HC job somewhere. I hope it is in KC. But Nicks article made it sound like a lot more than just a candidate, and that all that was left was for the paperwork to be signed. If that comes true, god help AS, because he wont get any help from his GM. Detroit is career suicide as long as Matt Millen is there. Mariucci, a SB winning coach is not a popular candidate now because of Millen. For Detroit to land a top coach with that track record seems very unlikely, but I guess stranger things have happened.

psst....Mooch didn't win a SB.

Phobia
01-03-2006, 11:28 PM
But Nicks article made it sound like a lot more than just a candidate, and that all that was left was for the paperwork to be signed.

You're absolutely right. But he also left quite a bit of wiggle room in those statements. Additionally, it's frick'n TUESDAY. If Al Saunders doesn't have a head coaching job by Feb 6th, you have every right to bitch about Nick's irresponsible journalism. But so far he's not wrong yet.

SM did not win the SB, dude.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
01-03-2006, 11:31 PM
No...Sherriff Joe Arpaio is the Maricopa County Sherriff. The City of Maricopa is located in Pinal County, about 20 miles south of Phoenix.

jjchieffan
01-03-2006, 11:37 PM
OOPS. I guess I screwed up about Mooch. I thought he did win a SB in SF. I guess I was thinking of Seifert. Regardless, Mooch did do well in SF, he screwed up taking the job in Detroit, and I think most of the candidates out there see that. I just cant see them getting a top notch coach, and doing it so quickly at that.

Skip Towne
01-04-2006, 08:11 AM
I haven't really learned much about Nick yet. I was hoping to see that he has a journalism degree from the University of Missouri but apparently that is not the case. It appears his background consists of getting shit canned twice for making shit up. If that gets you press passes to Arrowhead, we all should have them. But we don't. How does that work?

htismaqe
01-04-2006, 08:24 AM
I think al is going to get offers and then Carl will decide if he wants to match the highest bidder.

why else would he say their interview isn't complete?

That's one scenario.

The only other that I can think of is that Herm is Option A and Saunders is the "contingency plan"...

the Talking Can
01-04-2006, 08:50 AM
The only other that I can think of is that Herm is Option A and Saunders is the "contingency plan"...

I think this is exactly right..but until I ask Mr. Athan I'm not sure if what I think is really what I think, you know? I need a source for the voice in my head.

ChiefsFan4Life
01-04-2006, 08:54 AM
There was a Nick Athan sighting on the Spot last night. Who ever the host(ess) was, a lot of fawning and supposition going on in that studio.
Nothing revealing, just a promo for WPI. That must be where he wants to "break" the real stories.

Pardon the ignorance, but what is WPI?

siberian khatru
01-04-2006, 08:57 AM
You're absolutely right. But he also left quite a bit of wiggle room in those statements.

And that's the problem I have with Athan. He reports just ambiguously enough to either claim vindication or deniability. "AL SAUNDERS WILL BE THE NEXT COACH OF THE DETROIT LIONS, AND SOON
if the stars line up and you don't hold me to the definition of 'soon' "

If he's got the story, go with it: Sources confirm that Saunders will be the next coach of the Lions.

If it's not that solid, say: According to sources, Al Saunders is the leading candidate in Detroit.

And if he can't tell the difference, he shouldn't be reporting.

That second one gives you quality information and leaves plenty of wiggle room without promising anything. Saying he could be hired as soon as Monday makes it sound a lot more certain than it is. It's hyperbolic and misleads people.

If Nick has decent sources, good for him. But he's got to use them responsibly. He steals too many bases with his writing.

Matt Helm
01-04-2006, 09:01 AM
What I don't understand is that you guys are allowing Kloster to pimp his new gig on a daily basis.

FWIW, having a press pass does not make your information credible, as proven by the misses that have come from NA.

You put to much stock into a person that has no legitimate reason for being where he is. Kloster is the same as all of you that post on this website, he is a fan. Nothing more nothing less. It's just that he has found an outlet for his 15 minutes of exposure.

the Talking Can
01-04-2006, 09:01 AM
What I don't understand is that you guys are allowing Kloster to pimp his new gig on a daily basis.

FWIW, having a press pass does not make your information credible, as proven by the misses that have come from NA.

You put to much stock into a person that has no legitimate reason for being where he is. Kloster is the same as all of you that post on this website, he is a fan. Nothing more nothing less. It's just that he has found an outlet for his 15 minutes of exposure.

dude, quit...

jspchief
01-04-2006, 09:03 AM
And that's the problem I have with Athan. He reports just ambiguously enough to either claim vindication or deniability....

...and he does it to sell premium memberships.

He's a snake oil salesman. Sure, he gets some right. But he's not providing the product that he's leading you to believe he's providing. He uses carefully worded headlines to con you into wanting the rest of the story, for a mere $79.95.

With all the rumors that will be flying about HC prospects and the changes that will come about with a new coach, I predict Athan reaches a whole new level of con man in the next 6 months.

Matt Helm
01-04-2006, 09:03 AM
dude, quit...

Why?

Matt Helm
01-04-2006, 09:04 AM
Saunders (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=clayton_john#20060103)

Chiefs offensive coordinator Al Saunders was the NFL's hottest coaching candidate on Tuesday. He spent five hours Monday interviewing for the Chiefs' job. He left Tuesday morning for an interview with the Vikings and he will go to Houston for the Texans' opening. He was contacted by the Lions, who want to interview him later this week. All of this should lead to him getting the Chiefs' job. Saunders has been with team president Carl Peterson longer than all but a handful of employees. Saunders was there with Marty Schottenheimer and spent the past five years as Dick Vermeil's offensive coordinator, leaving only for a short stint when Vermeil was head coach in St. Louis. With Gregg Williams pulling his name out of the head coaching mix by staying in Washington, Saunders seems to be a better option than Herman Edwards because there isn't any draft choice compensation involved.

jspchief
01-04-2006, 09:05 AM

You put to much stock into a person that has no legitimate reason for being where he is. Kloster is the same as all of you that post on this website, he is a fan. Nothing more nothing less. It's just that he has found an outlet for his 15 minutes of exposure.People like Phil. That's why we let him come in here and defend himself. No one is going to leave CP for WPI, so his "pimping" poses no threat. It just allows us to discredit that site as the sham that it is.

On the flip side, people don't like you. The better question is why we allow your infantile act to go on.

KCTitus
01-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Ive never understood this fascination about 'knowing' something before it becomes official. So what? When it's made official on the teams website, it's news. Until then it's just rumor and speculation and anyone stupid enough to actually pay currency for that deserves what he gets.

the Talking Can
01-04-2006, 09:13 AM
Why?

becuase you're an asshole and Phobia isn't

stop sending me private messages, I'm not reading them...I'm sorry Phobia banged your wife and filmed it, I really am...but he has been an integral part of this board for a long time, you are mostly just a douchebag...

Clint in Wichita
01-04-2006, 09:13 AM
Even if Athan is correct 100% of the time, who gives a f_ck?

Why would any tard PAY to read a "scoop".

Wait a few fuggin' minutes and watch ESPN.

siberian khatru
01-04-2006, 09:14 AM
I'm sorry Phobia banged your wife and filmed it

Link?

siberian khatru
01-04-2006, 09:14 AM
On second thought, I don't want to see Phil naked.

the Talking Can
01-04-2006, 09:17 AM
Ive never understood this fascination about 'knowing' something before it becomes official. So what? When it's made official on the teams website, it's news. Until then it's just rumor and speculation and anyone stupid enough to actually pay currency for that deserves what he gets.

and more to the point, Chiefsplanet has never been about "getting the scoop"....I've paid for "premium" content at Scout and it is a joke, no news remains secret for more than 30 secs on the internet, and if it does so what?

people make this place interesting, not Athan's endless quest to be right for once...there is a reason the WI board is full of retards...they just sit around waiting for the next piece of "news"...think of all the great threads about pooping they've missed out on?

Matt Helm
01-04-2006, 09:19 AM
becuase you're an asshole and Phobia isn't

stop sending me private messages, I'm not reading them...I'm sorry Phobia banged your wife and filmed it, I really am...but he has been an integral part of this board for a long time, you are mostly just a douchebag...

You are a low life scum sucking pig, just like phobia. That must be why you love him so much.

Your put way too much stock in his credibility. If you knew the things about him that I do you might change your opinion....no probably not you've been fooled and cannot change.

My wife has totally too much class for Phobia.

htismaqe
01-04-2006, 09:20 AM
If WPI were an actual threat to the existence of this place, I think people might have more of a problem.

As it is, both sites are good user communities and there's no reason that the members can't co-exist.

WPI is NOT NEPA.

htismaqe
01-04-2006, 09:22 AM

Or better yet, logon here.

We get all the scoops here, legit or not, and they're free.

I admit, I like rumors and "scoops". But I can't imagine paying for it, when this place has had all the juicy stuff for a good 5 years now...

KCTitus
01-04-2006, 09:23 AM
...people make this place interesting, not Athan's endless quest to be right for once...there is a reason the WI board is full of retards...they just sit around waiting for the next piece of "news"...think of all the great threads about pooping they've missed out on?

I was with you there until the poop thread thing.

I read there for two days after Phil moved over there. One 'mod' defected to Nepa--that pretty much sums up a lot right there. Other mods had their panties all in a twist because Phil loosened the forum rules and the 3 members who had been so brow beat into submission about what to talk about and say didnt know what to think when the CP visitors showed up...

It's about community, and that place doesnt have it because the operating model is wrong. It assumes people are only there for information and while that's good and all, it's only 20% of the 'bb' experience.

jspchief
01-04-2006, 09:24 AM
Your put way too much stock in his credibility. Nobody gives a shit about his credibility. No one gives a shit about his press pass or his inside sources (whether real or fake).

He's a nice guy! That's all. If he's conning me bying being nice, I don't see where the harm is.

As for credibility, you have none. I don't think you speaking of anyone else's credibility carries much weight.

the Talking Can
01-04-2006, 09:34 AM
You are a low life scum sucking pig, just like phobia. That must be why you love him so much.

Your put way too much stock in his credibility. If you knew the things about him that I do you might change your opinion....no probably not you've been fooled and cannot change.

You are a loser.

No one here likes you.

Got it?

Matt Helm
01-04-2006, 09:40 AM
Nobody gives a shit about his credibility. No one gives a shit about his press pass or his inside sources (whether real or fake).

He's a nice guy! That's all. If he's conning me bying being nice, I don't see where the harm is.

As for credibility, you have none. I don't think you speaking of anyone else's credibility carries much weight.

It's obvious that you don't know Phil!

I've never tried to be credible, so your statement is less than damning for me.

Matt Helm
01-04-2006, 09:41 AM
You are a loser.

No one here likes you.

Got it?

I'm a loser? Right.

No one here likes me? And you think because you said that it's true? Get a life.

What I get is that you are a miserable person that has problems, big problems.

Brock
01-04-2006, 09:43 AM
I'm a loser? Right.

No one here likes me? And you think because you said that it's true? Get a life.

Actually, it's true because it's true.

Lzen
01-04-2006, 09:46 AM

I've never tried to be credible, so your statement is less than damning for me.

Do you even know Phil? Have you ever met him or spent any time with him? A lot of us have and think he's a decent guy. I don't know where you're coming up with this stuff, but I think you're just full of it.

htismaqe
01-04-2006, 09:46 AM
r8er_h8er, it's time to cool it.

Everybody else: let it go.

OK?

There's a coaching change taking place, let's talk about that.

jspchief
01-04-2006, 09:47 AM

I've never tried to be credible, so your statement is less than damning for me.He's been nice every time I've talked to him, had a beer with him, tailgated with him, etc, etc, etc.

What is there? He's a good guy to me. That's all I care about. I don't care that he somehow jilted some childish internet douche bag that doesn't know when to let it go.

Cochise
01-04-2006, 09:47 AM
And that's the problem I have with Athan. He reports just ambiguously enough to either claim vindication or deniability. "AL SAUNDERS WILL BE THE NEXT COACH OF THE DETROIT LIONS, AND SOON

If he's got the story, go with it: Sources confirm that Saunders will be the next coach of the Lions.

If it's not that solid, say: According to sources, Al Saunders is the leading candidate in Detroit.

That second one gives you quality information and leaves plenty of wiggle room without promising anything. Saying he could be hired as soon as Monday makes it sound a lot more certain than it is. It's hyperbolic and misleads people.
Or,
If Nick has decent sources, good for him. But he's got to use them responsibly. He steals too many bases with his writing.

Got to agree with that.

It's kind of like seeing a politician in an interview, where someone asks them some tough questions and they issue heavily qualified answers over and over. 20 minutes later, you've watched a long conversation and know in the broadest terms what they think, but it was all said in such lawyer-speak that you can't technically hold them to anything.

What I personally took from the blurb was that (a) Saunders was the leading candidate and that (b) he will accept the job. "Soon" is subjective, but I wouldn't expect that to be more than... perhaps a week. In 2 or 3 weeks, probably most of these coaching jobs will be filled, so within 1 week would qualify as "soon" I think.

We'll see what happens. I can't imagine the high fiving that will happen if Nick is wrong again though.

htismaqe
01-04-2006, 09:55 AM

That's a pretty good post right thar...

SPchief
01-04-2006, 09:57 AM
I'm a loser? Right.

What I get is that you are a miserable person that has problems, big
problems.

I'm pretty sure nobody likes you. You seem like a douchebag to me.

Its true because its true, not because anybody says it.

ENDelt260
01-04-2006, 10:07 AM
I thought a certain someone was banned. When Phil left did he lift the ban on his way out the door as a joke?

C-Mac
01-04-2006, 10:07 AM
Ive never understood this fascination about 'knowing' something before it becomes official. So what?

I have a friend thats like this. She is an insecure know it all, always starving for attention and always seeking credibilty among her piers. I thought of her when I heard of the recent coal miners debacle, I just wonder if one of these types of persons is the cause of the false rumour.

Phobia
01-04-2006, 10:09 AM

Thanks for that feedback. Obviously I'm experiencing a baptism by fire this week. I'm trying to be myself but report news at the same time. There's a huge difference between being a dumbass internet poster such as I have for the past 10 years and being a responsible journalist. I need to keep the two distinctions clear for anybody who might happen to read my stuff.

I really do appreciate reading your opinions on our reporting. It helps me adjust our style. I do not want WI to be PFT.

Baby Lee
01-04-2006, 10:10 AM

And where exactly do you get this 'free' ESPN? ;)

Mr. Kotter
01-04-2006, 10:11 AM
I thought a certain someone was banned. When Phil left did he lift the ban on his way out the door as a joke?

I remember reading one of the IP had been banned, but that another included posters in good standing---so they didn't ban that one...

ChiTown
01-04-2006, 10:12 AM
I was with you there until the poop thread thing.

I read there for two days after Phil moved over there. One 'mod' defected to Nepa--that pretty much sums up a lot right there. Other mods had their panties all in a twist because Phil loosened the forum rules and the 3 members who had been so brow beat into submission about what to talk about and say didnt know what to think when the CP visitors showed up...

It's about community, and that place doesnt have it because the operating model is wrong. It assumes people are only there for information and while that's good and all, it's only 20% of the 'bb' experience.

:clap:

Nicely put.

Matt Helm
01-04-2006, 10:12 AM
And where exactly do you get this 'free' ESPN? ;)

www.espn.go.com (http://www.espn.go.com)

Baby Lee
01-04-2006, 10:14 AM
www.espn.go.com (http://www.espn.go.com)
He referred to the ESPN you 'watch.' The ESPN that's part of my satellite package I had to pay for. It was an effing joke. Laugh, marthafocker. ;)

Matt Helm
01-04-2006, 10:16 AM
He referred to the ESPN you 'watch.' The ESPN that's part of my satellite package I had to pay for. It was an effing joke. Laugh, marthafocker. ;)

My espn package is free, as well as the NFL Network.

I'm laughing, but it would be wise to keep Martha off the streets.

BigRedChief
01-04-2006, 10:18 AM
He's been nice every time I've talked to him, had a beer with him, tailgated with him, etc, etc, etc.

What is there? He's a good guy to me. That's all I care about.

Same goes for me.

|Zach|
01-04-2006, 10:19 AM
She has to be the bigger person and step in for a coward like you...I am sure she is quite special. Being the only man of the house and all...

Phobia
01-04-2006, 10:29 AM

The r8erh8er ID was banned, but I think it was a 365 day ban or something. Apparently that lifted. My personal philosophy is to leave the jackass free to post. If you ban him, he's going to create another ID and still be the same asshole. If you just let him post under the same ID then at least your userbase can identify him.

Matt Helm
01-04-2006, 10:31 AM
The r8erh8er ID was banned, but I think it was a 365 day ban or something. Apparently that lifted. My personal philosophy is to leave the jackass free to post. If you ban him, he's going to create another ID and still be the same asshole. If you just let him post under the same ID then at least your userbase can identify him.

htismaqe
KCJohnny is back...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/customavatars/avatar18_6.gif

Aparently you missed the message.

Baby Lee
01-04-2006, 10:35 AM
My espn package is free, as well as the NFL Network.
Cabbaging off your neighbor's cable feed doesn't count.
And just because it's in the basic package doesn't mean it's free, unless you pay nothing for cable legitimately.
Effing buzzkill.
Mother Effer, nothing kills a little levity like explaining it's open and obvious import to some slopebrow ad infinitum.

Mr. Kotter
01-04-2006, 10:39 AM
htismaqe
KCJohnny is back...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/customavatars/avatar18_6.gif

Aparently you missed the message.

KCJohnny = Tom Cash too? :spock:

I'll be damned; I thought I knew most of your aliases....at least the important ones.

Well, THAT certainly explains a lot.

Matt Helm
01-04-2006, 10:43 AM
And just because it's in the basic package doesn't mean it's free, unless you pay nothing for cable legitimately.
Effing buzzkill.
Mother Effer, nothing kills a little levity like explaining it's open and obvious import to some slopebrow ad infinitum.

Gee Lee, I seem to be paying for my cable. How about you?

And, it was very little levity.

Mr. Laz
01-04-2006, 10:47 AM
http://img278.exs.cx/img278/3595/threadsucks4mx.gif

i think nick athan should have his name censored like any other cuss word.

i'm tired of hearing people pimp/defend him

if Phobia,Gochiefs,Zack work over there and post here .... cool ... but i don't wanna hear about it everyday.

Matt Helm
01-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Rude picture removed.
And so, it seems, does Laz. Are you really jaz's daddy?

Baby Lee
01-04-2006, 10:50 AM
Gee Lee, I seem to be paying for my cable. How about you?

And, it was very little levity.
Seeya 01/10/06. ;)

Calcountry
01-04-2006, 10:51 AM
ROFL

Second, I rarely post over there.I go over there, only when CP crashes, which is about 3 to 4 times in the past month.

Matt Helm
Seeya 01/10/06. ;)

?????????? Care to explain?

htismaqe
KCJohnny = Tom Cash too? :spock:

I'll be damned; I thought I knew most of your aliases....at least the important ones.

Well, THAT certainly explains a lot.

Good God no.

He copied and pasted my whole post, including my title and avatar.

KCJohnny is NOT anyone other than Proctor.

Mr. Kotter
01-04-2006, 10:53 AM
Good God no.

Heh. I was kidding....;)

Forgot the smiley...heh.

KCTitus
01-04-2006, 10:54 AM
Good God no.

Speaking of Proctor, I was gone for a while...did we get another Proctor sighting after Marty choked, yet again, and did we get our 95 sentences that he didnt finish last year?

KC Kings
01-04-2006, 10:55 AM
...and he does it to sell premium memberships.

He's a snake oil salesman. Sure, he gets some right. But he's not providing the product that he's leading you to believe he's providing. He uses carefully worded headlines to con you into wanting the rest of the story, for a mere $79.95.

With all the rumors that will be flying about HC prospects and the changes that will come about with a new coach, I predict Athan reaches a whole new level of con man in the next 6 months.

I don't see what the problem is. Look at all of the BS horribly incorrect stories that have been reported on local KC Sports Radio this week alone. Between Stoops in the press box and a Butch Davis' interview the local media does their fair share in reporting unproven information to make you listen so they can sell their advertising spots.

If you want completely confirmed sports information, quit listening to the radio and reading internet reports. Watch the local news at 10 to see everything that happened, 12 hours after the fact. I like watching tickers, reading headlines at websites, and for some reason I like to know when the Raiders head coach gets canned 20 seconds after it happens.

If AS ends up at Detroit, there are a lot of people on here that are going to look stupid for choosing this single incident to blast Athan about.

htismaqe
01-04-2006, 10:59 AM
Speaking of Proctor, I was gone for a while...did we get another Proctor sighting after Marty choked, yet again, and did we get our 95 sentences that he didnt finish last year?

No, he waited until DV's resignation to return and tell us how wrong we all were...

Calcountry
01-04-2006, 11:03 AM
The r8erh8er ID was banned, but I think it was a 365 day ban or something. Apparently that lifted. My personal philosophy is to leave the jackass free to post. If you ban him, he's going to create another ID and still be the same asshole. If you just let him post under the same ID then at least your userbase can identify him.This is an excellent point. I am sure that half of the board has me on iggy. :D

jspchief
01-04-2006, 11:04 AM
I don't see what the problem is. Look at all of the BS horribly incorrect stories that have been reported on local KC Sports Radio this week alone. Between Stoops in the press box and a Butch Davis' interview the local media does their fair share in reporting unproven information to make you listen so they can sell their advertising spots.

If you want completely confirmed sports information, quit listening to the radio and reading internet reports. Watch the local news at 10 to see everything that happened, 12 hours after the fact. I like watching tickers, reading headlines at websites, and for some reason I like to know when the Raiders head coach gets canned 20 seconds after it happens.

If AS ends up at Detroit, there are a lot of people on here that are going to look stupid for choosing this single incident to blast Athan about.The problem is I don't like watching crooks get over.

He's not ripping me off. There will never be a day when I pay for Chiefs news. But just like some slimy lawyer, conman, or crook, I don't like the idea that he's turning a buck off of scamming people. The fact that he's begininng to gain some sort of false credibility just makes it that much more disgusting.

Clint in Wichita
01-04-2006, 11:06 AM
Forget Athan. He's a fart in a breeze. Anyone dumb enough to give him money deserves to be ripped off.

BTW, my inside sources tell me that the next Chiefs head coach will be either Al Saunders or Herm Edwards. Bank on it.

Fish
01-04-2006, 11:07 AM
I really do appreciate reading your opinions on our reporting. It helps me adjust our style. I do not want WI to be PFT.

How about a little better spelling/grammer check for WI articles. I swear WI articles are absolutely terrible about that..... I laugh to myself every time I see the equivalent of 8th grade spelling and grammer in an article before being asked to drop $80 for premium content.......

Just sayin............

Mr. Kotter
01-04-2006, 11:09 AM

Yeah, he's been back a couple of times.

Do a search; he's even started a couple of threads.....heh.

Phobia
01-04-2006, 11:11 AM
How about a little better spelling/grammer check for WI articles. I swear WI articles are absolutely terrible about that..... I laugh to myself every time I see the equivalent of 8th grade spelling and grammer in an article before being asked to drop $80 for premium content.......

Just sayin............

That's something I'm working on. They edit heavily for the magazine but for some reason don't feel it's as important for the web articles. I couldn't disagree more. But I'm doing what I can with limited resources without completely alienating everybody over there. It takes time. Thanks for the feedback.

Mr. Kotter
01-04-2006, 11:13 AM
That's something I'm working on. They edit heavily for the magazine but for some reason don't feel it's as important for the web articles. I couldn't disagree more. But I'm doing what I can with limited resources without completely alienating everybody over there. It takes time. Thanks for the feedback.

I've mostly been lurking, but I've noticed some improvement. Seriously.

Phobia
01-04-2006, 11:14 AM
if Phobia,Gochiefs,Zack work over there and post here .... cool ... but i don't wanna hear about it everyday.
If I were starting the threads, I could understand that sentiment. But it's the userbase over here that appears to be interested. There's been 3 threads about it in the past 2 days.

|Zach|
01-04-2006, 11:15 AM
BTW, my inside sources tell me that the next Chiefs head coach will be either Al Saunders or Herm Edwards. Bank on it.
Ok, it wouldn't kill this thread to have a tidbit of originality in the humor department.

|Zach|
01-04-2006, 11:16 AM
i think nick athan should have his name censored like any other cuss word.

i'm tired of hearing people pimp/defend him

I would love links to me talking about this everyday.

Skip Towne
01-04-2006, 11:17 AM
Effing buzzkill.
You must have missed the post where Parker asked us to quit bitch slapping the moron. Oh, well, keep it up. You're doing a great job.

Clint in Wichita
01-04-2006, 11:17 AM
Ok, it wouldn't kill this thread to have a tidbit of originality in the humor department.

Why should it? The whole damn thing is re-hashed crap from previous threads, anyway.

Mr. Laz
01-04-2006, 11:35 AM
If I were starting the threads, I could understand that sentiment. But it's the userbase over here that appears to be interested. There's been 3 threads about it in the past 2 days.
i didn't/don't blame you

InvinciBill
01-04-2006, 11:40 AM

Just sayin............

I assume you mean "spelling and grammar?"

:)

chiefs4me
01-04-2006, 11:41 AM
i didn't/don't blame you

kiss ass...

Mr. Laz
01-04-2006, 11:45 AM
kiss ass...

carpet muncher....

htismaqe
01-04-2006, 12:27 PM
You must have missed the post where Parker asked us to quit bitch slapping the moron. Oh, well, keep it up. You're doing a great job.

I asked him to cool it as well, and he did.

Stop poking the dog carcass. It stinks and all it does is stir up the flies.

:D

chiefs4me
01-04-2006, 12:28 PM
carpet muncher....

oh ****, I just remembered, and don't you dare...........please...pretty please........:p

Skip Towne
01-04-2006, 01:09 PM
I asked him to cool it as well, and he did.

Stop poking the dog carcass. It stinks and all it does is stir up the flies.

:D
Well,...........OK.

Boozer
01-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Anyone who trusts that Athan's fabrications are all in the past is a god-damned moron. These are the same people that take their girlfriend back after she let the hockey team run a train on her, because she promised she'd never cheat again.

Katipan
01-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Come on. It was just ONE team.

MOhillbilly
01-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Anyone who trusts that Athan's fabrications are all in the past is a god-damned moron. These are the same people that take their girlfriend back after she let the hockey team run a train on her, because she promised she'd never cheat again.

****ing brutal.ROFL

siberian khatru
01-04-2006, 01:52 PM

I didn't know ENDelt could skate.

SPchief
01-04-2006, 01:54 PM
Come on. It was just ONE team.

That consisted of 18 players, 4 coaches, 2 equipment managers, a towel boy, and all 3 referees. Whats your point. :p

Boozer
01-04-2006, 01:58 PM

Field hockey.
http://vikes.uvic.ca/assets/portalused/teams/366

Phobia
01-04-2006, 02:00 PM

I think I'm going to go have a nice cry right now. Thanks for pissing on my bliss.

Boozer
01-04-2006, 02:04 PM
I think I'm going to go have a nice cry right now. Thanks for pissing on my bliss.

Man, that's only the half of it. For the full story, follow this link to the premium area. (http://www.$80ayear,please.com)

Skip Towne
01-04-2006, 02:05 PM
I think one reason Athan hooked up with you is hoping your credibility would rub off on him. But it works the other way too. If you play in the mud, you get mud on you.

siberian khatru
01-04-2006, 02:08 PM
I think one reason Athan hooked up with you is hoping your credibility would rub off on him. But it works the other way too. If you play in the mud, you get mud on you.

Wait, are you saying Nick's rubbing off Phil, or Phil's rubbing off Nick?

Skip Towne
01-04-2006, 02:10 PM
I can't tell just yet.

Phobia
01-04-2006, 02:24 PM

That's true. I need to exercise caution, certainly. This is a delicate situation.

I'm done defending Nick. He's made his bed, some of it justifiably and some is unfair. I'm not changing anyone's opinion of him and it took me a while to comprehend that. I need to look out for my own name, develop my own sources, and report my own news. Which is what I intend to do. I don't want to repeat his mistakes.

ENDelt260
01-04-2006, 02:33 PM
I can't. I just put on the jersey and told her I played for the Blades.

Boozer's girlfriend is a real slut.

Skip Towne
01-04-2006, 02:34 PM
That's true. I need to exercise caution, certainly. This is a delicate situation.

I'm done defending Nick. He's made his bed, some of it justifiably and some is unfair. I'm not changing anyone's opinion of him and it took me a while to comprehend that. I need to look out for my own name, develop my own sources, and report my own news. Which is what I intend to do. I don't want to repeat his mistakes.
:thumb: I'm sure you'll be OK.

ENDelt260
01-04-2006, 02:35 PM
If they're rubbing each other off and "playing in the mud" they really need to take their discussion elsewhere. This isn't GayPlanet... despite Kotter's best efforts over the years.

Fish
01-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Man, that's only the half of it. For the full story, follow this link to the premium area. (http://www.$80ayear,please.com)

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

chiefs4me
01-04-2006, 03:03 PM
I can't. I just put on the jersey and told her I played for the Blades.

Boozer's girlfriend is a real slut.

who the **** are the blades????ROFL

Matt Helm
01-04-2006, 03:07 PM
who the **** are the blades????ROFL

Aren't they the semi-pro hockey pucks from KC?