PDA

View Full Version : Metro Sports Just Said!

VonneMarie
01-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Carl Peterson hasn't even contacted the Jets about Herm. So basically, who's kidding who here? Are all these Herm stories bull?

jspchief
01-03-2006, 09:09 PM
I think all the current stories are based on speculation from "insiders".

Cochise
01-03-2006, 09:10 PM
Oh man... i hope the insiders are wrong :grovel:

Tribal Warfare
01-03-2006, 09:10 PM
F*CKING MEDIA

Like nine year olds trying to see who can grab Dad's playboy first.

VonneMarie
01-03-2006, 09:13 PM
"Obviously there's rumors and speculation," Bradway said. "Officially, I haven't received a phone call from Kansas City. I know Dick did a great job there and Carl will have some options. We'll see what happens."

That qoute is from an SI article posted today. Go figure...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/01/03/bc.fbn.jets.coaches.ap/index.html

Chiefs Pantalones
01-03-2006, 09:14 PM
I would only want to trade picks for a coach if he has won the Super Bowl. Herm hasn't. I say we take our chances with Al, since that's the best that we are going to get anyway...

DaneMcCloud
I think it's Saunder's job. Carl just needs to go through the motions. It doesn't make any sense for him to NOT hire Saunders. There are a ton of coordinators and ex-head coaches out there, but can any of them say that they've had the #1 Offense (or even the #1 Defense) year after year for 5 years in a row? I'm REALLY! It's a no-brainer. The man is due.

Dane

tk13
That's what the New York Times is reporting. I didn't post the article because I've posted 7 billion articles today and I think we plan to contact them about Herm eventually, but that's what they're reporting.

Later in the afternoon, Jets General Manager Terry Bradway said during his weekly radio show that nobody from the Chiefs had contacted him about Edwards.

Bradway, who assisted Peterson in Kansas City before coming to the Jets, sounded as curious as any Jets fan to see where this dance would go from here.

"Carl will have some options," Bradway said. "We'll see what happens."

Peterson did acknowledge that he had interviewed Al Saunders, the Chiefs' offensive coordinator and the popular choice among the Kansas City players to be Vermeil's successor.

"We had a very good interview yesterday, and it's not concluded," Peterson said.

The Chiefs would have to give up compensatory draft picks to wrest Edwards from the Jets. Peterson parted with a second- and third-round pick five years ago to hire Vermeil, who was not coaching but was still under contract with the St. Louis Rams.

Peterson refused to say whether he would give up a first-round draft pick to get a coach, which would most likely be the scenario if it is Edwards whom the Chiefs covet.

"Any time I have to part with a No. 1 choice, it's painful," Peterson said.

Reached at home, Edwards repeated what he had been saying all along. "I intend to be back as the Jets' coach," he said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/04/sports/football/04jets.html

nychief
01-03-2006, 09:16 PM
The NY Times says that there has been no contact either.

VonneMarie
01-03-2006, 09:17 PM
The KC media reported it too.

jspchief
01-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Is it possible that the people reporting that we would have to givepicks to the Jets simply don't know what they are talking about?

My understanding is that the league banned that. They don't wan't the draft to be used in that manner.

I think the Chiefs might lose picks due to tampering, but they wouldn't go to the Jets, they would just be lost.

Claynus
01-03-2006, 09:22 PM
It's a mad mad mad mad world.

The Bad Guy
01-03-2006, 09:24 PM
I don't know how legit this info is because I didn't see it, but my buddy just send me this:

Schefter on the NFL Network said the Chiefs contacted him and he doubts that he will be back in NY.

Tribal Warfare
01-03-2006, 09:26 PM
Is it possible that the people reporting that we would have to givepicks to the Jets simply don't know what they are talking about?

My understanding is that the league banned that. They don't wan't the draft to be used in that manner.

I think the Chiefs might lose picks due to tampering, but they wouldn't go to the Jets, they would just be lost.

This is why God created booze to help soothe, or create hysteria for his personal amusement

VonneMarie
01-03-2006, 09:27 PM
I hope they're wrong too. I just don't want the Chiefs to get penalized for tampering...

Mecca
01-03-2006, 09:28 PM
Personally, I'm not putting 100% credence into anything anyone says. Everyone is playing for position on their guy. Hell the Chiefs and Jets could have talked all day, doesn't mean they're gonna tell the media about it.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-03-2006, 09:28 PM
I hope they're wrong too. I just don't want the Chiefs to get penalized for tampering...

They will. No one ****s with an east coast team. Tags will get em' good.

Frazod
01-03-2006, 09:29 PM
I hate this shit. I hate speculating about draft picks, FA signings, ALL OF IT.

:cuss:

I'll comment on the first thread that actually names our next head coach, whoever the f#ck that ends up being.

Cochise
I've completely given up on us being able to find a true answer to the question of whether it's legal or not until the league rules on it.

Joe Seahawk
I heard Holmgren is flying in for an interview..

Halfcan
01-03-2006, 09:30 PM
Warpaint just said King Carl was just finishing giving Herm a BJ-he even swallowed to seal the deal.

Looks like talks are "heating up".

tk13
01-03-2006, 09:32 PM
I heard Holmgren is flying in for an interview..
That's what my sources are telling me. We're going to promote Gunther to head coach and hire Holmgren as OC and Dungy as DC.

VonneMarie
01-03-2006, 09:33 PM
Warpaint just said King Carl was just finishing giving Herm a BJ-he even swallowed to seal the deal.

Looks like talks are "heating up".
LOL!

OldTownChief
01-03-2006, 09:38 PM
That's what my sources are telling me. We're going to promote Gunther to head coach and hire Holmgren as OC and Dungy as DC.

I call BS. Belichick already accepted the LB coach position and in an interview he stated he would never work under a minority OC.

Phobia
01-03-2006, 09:39 PM
Here's the situation:

The Jets have something the Chiefs want. But the Jets want to keep their ace-in-the-hole in case the Chiefs don't offer enough compensation. If the Jets acknowledge they are trying to trade their head coach to the Chiefs and he wants to leave the organization then Herm's future as a Jets head coach is kinda done. If it is reported that Herm wants to leave, that he wants the Chiefs job then he's gonna have a pretty difficult time keeping the respect of his players if the whole Chiefs thing falls through, right?

Hence, the Jets won't acknowledge any of this until they have their bird in hand. This whole month is one big dance. Every team is positioning themselves and every agent is positioning themselves. There's a lot of jockeying for position going on and the media are puppets in the whole thing.

FringeNC
01-03-2006, 09:40 PM
Here's the situation:

The Jets have something the Chiefs want. But the Jets want to keep their ace-in-the-hole in case the Chiefs don't offer enough compensation. If the Jets acknowledge they are trying to trade their head coach to the Chiefs and he wants to leave the organization then Herm's future as a Jets head coach is kinda done. If it is reported that Herm wants to leave, that he wants the Chiefs job then he's gonna have a pretty difficult time keeping the respect of his players if the whole Chiefs thing falls through, right?

Hence, the Jets won't acknowledge any of this until they have their bird in hand. This whole month is one big dance. Every team is positioning themselves and every agent is positioning themselves. There's a lot of jockeying for position going on and the media are puppets in the whole thing.

But...wouldn't be in Carl's interest to claim that he had talked to the Jets, thereby almost forcing the Jets to deal Herm.

Phobia
01-03-2006, 09:47 PM
But...wouldn't be in Carl's interest to claim that he had talked to the Jets, thereby almost forcing the Jets to deal Herm.
He does that and he destroys a relationship with Terry Bradway. If he wants to improve his position he leaks that information as an anonymous source. If Carl is incredibly smart, he can blow the whole lid off the thing and get Edwards for no compensation. But that would probably cost him with Terry Bradway.

stevieray
01-03-2006, 09:51 PM
my sources says it's time to get some.

later.

FringeNC
01-03-2006, 09:51 PM
He does that and he destroys a relationship with Terry Bradway. If he wants to improve his position he leaks that information as an anonymous source. If Carl is incredibly smart, he can blow the whole lid off the thing and get Edwards for no compensation. But that would probably cost him with Terry Bradway.

Also, if Herm wants out of NY, why doesn't he just say so. (or have his people leak that he is gone for sure) If he does, they have to get rid of him, because of the credibility issue of the players. I'm not convinced Herm wants out of NY. He just wants money.

SLAG
01-03-2006, 09:53 PM
Here's the situation:

I think alot of folks are having a hard time understanding this

Phobia
01-03-2006, 09:55 PM
I think alot of folks are having a hard time understanding this

It has been encoded for premium membership. Apparently you need update your membership.

Phobia
01-03-2006, 09:56 PM
Also, if Herm wants out of NY, why doesn't he just say so. (or have his people leak that he is gone for sure) If he does, they have to get rid of him, because of the credibility issue of the players. I'm not convinced Herm wants out of NY. He just wants money.

I don't know why. Maybe he doesn't want to burn a bridge. You know how the entire NFL is a good ole boys network. That's why there are so many coaching trees.

SLAG
01-03-2006, 09:57 PM
It has been encoded for premium membership. Apparently you need update your membership.

I dont follow

:spock:

Claynus
01-03-2006, 10:00 PM
I don't know why. Maybe he doesn't want to burn a bridge. You know how the entire NFL is a good ole boys network. That's why there are so many coaching trees.

It's sofa king wee todd did.

Carl cares more about himself than the team.

joesomebody
01-03-2006, 10:01 PM
Here's the situation:

Hence, the Jets won't acknowledge any of this until they have their bird in hand. This whole month is one big dance. Every team is positioning themselves and every agent is positioning themselves. There's a lot of jockeying for position going on and the media are puppets in the whole thing.Aren't the media always puppets... no I guess sometimes they run the puppets.

I don't know, I just want them to get a coach locked down quick so we can start worrying about the draft.

FringeNC
01-03-2006, 10:04 PM

Here's my take: The owner is undecided about whether to give Herm a big-money extension. If not, Herm wants out of his contract to come here.

Phobia
01-03-2006, 10:07 PM
Yeah. That too.

Herm has 2 years left on his contract. He knows the Jets are faced with a massive rebuilding period. He also knows they won't be contenders by 2007, so he's screwed if he wants a job beyond then. This is why he's looking at the Chiefs job.

WilliamTheIrish
01-03-2006, 10:19 PM

Personally, the more relationships that asshole destroys, the better.

He trained Bradway, and, following (hot) Carl's lead, he's drug that ship to the hallowed ground of Martyocrity.

Besides, he'll just re-hire Bradway when the Jets fire him.

(You heard it here first.)