PDA

View Full Version : NFT: Pulling my hair out!

luv
01-04-2006, 01:51 AM
I paid off a credit card bill two months ago, or so I had thought. I got a bill last month for just over $100. I hadn't purchased anything. In fact I was hoping to close the account. They said that I still had some finance charges, etc. I asked them if my account would be closed when I sent in the payment. They said yes. Today, I go down to my mailbox, open it, and find ANOTHER bill from them! This one was for $1.48. I called to inquire about the bill. They said it was the finance charge from the last payment made. I asked them why the finance charge isn't on the bill that it's applicable for. I asked her why I was told the the payment from last month would close my account. She said she didn't know. I asked her if I would be getting ANOTHER bill next month for this payment. She laughed when she told me there are no finance charges for $1.48. I said that I was glad she found this humorous when I was lied to last month when I was told that payment would be it. She apologized and told me this would be the last payment. I asked her if she was positive. She said yes. I asked her again if she was sure. I think she was getting the point when she paused and said yes again. I said thank you and hung up as she was saying something in reply. This is one card that I will be glad to get rid of. Their customer service SUCKS!

greg63
01-04-2006, 01:55 AM
Credit cards are a trap luv. I've had trouble with them myself, and know just how ya feel.

luv
01-04-2006, 01:57 AM
Credit cards are a trap luv. I've had trouble with them myself, and know just how ya feel.
I now only have one. I use it for when I don't have the cash on me and need gas in the car. Every once in awhile, I order something online. Otherwise, it stays in the wallet.

greg63
01-04-2006, 02:27 AM
I now only have one. I use it for when I don't have the cash on me and need gas in the car. Every once in awhile, I order something online. Otherwise, it stays in the wallet....Same here; although we used it once or twice to purchase Christmas presents. We had so much debt from those things; we had to get help through Genus, and then had a big shredding party.

Well, luv, I gotta turn in. Nite Planet!

patteeu
01-04-2006, 07:22 AM
I don't know how the $100 charge got on your card, but it's typical that you get a small finance charge billed to you in the month after paying off the balance of a credit card so the $1.48 is normal. I don't know why they would have told you that you would be all paid up before though.

Valiant
01-04-2006, 02:50 PM
I had that shit happen to me... I paid of my CC and a month and half later a 1.16 charge popped up on there.. I asked why, they said from the charge.. There was a 100 dollar balance I paid 105 because of the finance charge.. Well I bitched and they took the 1.16 away.. You should have asked them to remove the small charge... They would rather hopefully keep a customer over a 1.48 charge and you cutting the card up...

Saulbadguy
01-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Yep. It is because of the way they calculate finance charges. I'm surprised the customer service rep didn't tell you that.

DTLB58
01-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Play with snakes and you will get bitten.

Perfect example why I have been credit card free for over 2 and 1/2 years. Never again! :shake:

PastorMikH
01-04-2006, 04:05 PM
Those are probably late fees because your postman left the bag of mail they were in tossed into the far corner for of his jeep for a few weeks and was too lazy to reach back to drag it out. I'd suggest you beat the snot out of the next postman you see for it.

tommykat
01-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Those are probably late fees because your postman left the bag of mail they were in tossed into the far corner for of his jeep for a few weeks and was too lazy to reach back to drag it out. I'd suggest you beat the snot out of the next postman you see for it.

Now that's funny!ROFL But the postman gave her a flatscreen tv for Christmas, so I doubt that would happen...:D