PDA

View Full Version : NFT: Work Place betting

SLAG
01-04-2006, 10:59 AM
So i was a little late this morning in to work (a not so un common occurance)

Well as soon as i sit down to punch in, I get an email that states that my fellow team mates had been betting on how late i was going to be. and then proceeded to Bad mouth my work ethic.

Should I be offended or Should I just be like the Rhino and let the water roll of my nuts?

Saulbadguy
01-04-2006, 10:59 AM
Are you late alot? Maybe you should work on that.

SLAG
01-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Are you late alot? Maybe you should work on that.

when ever i am late I stay late to make up the time

Iowanian
01-04-2006, 11:02 AM
Come to work on time.

I don't see any reason for you to turn into a woman about that.

Saulbadguy
01-04-2006, 11:02 AM
when ever i am late I stay late to make up the time
If I were an employer, I really wouldn't care about that. It's not hard to get to work on time, really.

Kclee
01-04-2006, 11:04 AM
Alright, who had SLAG02 posting a sad/angry thread for Jan 4th? My money was on Jan 27th, I thought he could hold out longer than this. So who won?

SLAG
Come to work on time.

I don't see any reason for you to turn into a woman about that.

If they have an problem with my Puntuality why dont they just address it with me directly?

:shrug:

SLAG
Alright, who had SLAG02 posting a sad/angry thread for Jan 4th? My money was on Jan 27th, I thought he could hold out longer than this. So who won?

ROFL

Saulbadguy
I owe you a vodka sour.

Saulbadguy
01-04-2006, 11:05 AM
If they have an problem with my Puntuality why dont they just address it with me directly?

Why do that when they can make money off it?

When you said teammates, why would they address it? Are you talking about your co-worker, or boss?

SLAG
01-04-2006, 11:07 AM
Why do that when they can make money off it?

When you said teammates, why would they address it? Are you talking about your co-worker, or boss?

my co-workers and my supervisor that i report to

ChiefsfaninPA
01-04-2006, 11:07 AM

Dude, they shouldn't have to. Part of being a responsible adult is knowing to get to work on time. They figure you have enough knowledge to know that you need to show up on time. Staying late doesn't make it up. It is about discipline. I have to get up and get my two kids ready for school and I still make it to work 30 mins. early. I just plan ahead.

Kclee
01-04-2006, 11:08 AM
I owe you a vodka sour.

Good memory.

Iowanian
01-04-2006, 11:11 AM
I'll bet they have a wager right now on if they can get you to cry if you're late from lunch.

Saulbadguy
01-04-2006, 11:12 AM
my co-workers and my supervisor that i report to
Well...i'd work on getting to work on time. JMO.

Iowanian
01-04-2006, 11:14 AM
"pss ppsss pspspspss pssssiowanian is dicking off on the internet again psss psss psss"

"You mean doody heads"

SLAG
01-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Dude, they shouldn't have to. Part of being a responsible adult is knowing to get to work on time. They figure you have enough knowledge to know that you need to show up on time. Staying late doesn't make it up. It is about discipline. I have to get up and get my two kids ready for school and I still make it to work 30 mins. early. I just plan ahead.

I understand all of this I do not disagree one bit.

I can see how i can come off as having sand in my vagina, I was just wondering why dont they Can me or Write me up or something if my tardiness is an issue

SLAG
01-04-2006, 11:15 AM
I'll bet they have a wager right now on if they can get you to cry if you're late from lunch.

Its not even Like that, and yes they probably do

ChiefsfaninPA
01-04-2006, 11:16 AM
I understand all of this I do not disagree one bit.

I can see how i can come off as having sand in my vagina, I was just wondering why dont they Can me or Write me up or something if my tardiness is an issue

Maybe.....just maybe, they like you. So they won't get rid of you.

SLAG
01-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Maybe.....just maybe, they like you. So they won't get rid of you.

Overall my Tardiness has Improved, Today was totally not my fault i was going to be early/on time but I wont blame anyone else

I am working on it, but i think my 1/2 Mexican Genes Prevent me from being ontime anywhere

Iowanian
01-04-2006, 11:21 AM
If thats the case, I'll bet your afternoon Naps are REALLY popular too.

I wish I worked with you. You'd wake up this afternoon with your cubicle full of packing peanuts.

wutamess
01-04-2006, 11:23 AM
SLAG02... are you local & do you actually have mexican relatives local? pm me your email addy.

Brock
01-04-2006, 11:23 AM
Dude, you have kids. Pull your head out for their sake, at least.

SLAG
01-04-2006, 11:27 AM
Dude, you have kids. Pull your head out for their sake, at least.

your missing my point.

I do understand my Issue with Tardiness and Punctuality.
I strive to Continually Improve. I am aware this is an area that I work on.

But If my supervisor has an issue with it why not bring it to me in an approperiate way

ChiTown
01-04-2006, 11:28 AM
I am working on it, but i think my 1/2 Mexican Genes Prevent me from being ontime anywhere

Cue Taco Jane in 3, 2, 1...............

wutamess
01-04-2006, 11:55 AM
Check 2nd email addy you sent me.

SLAG
01-04-2006, 12:03 PM

Hmm Ok

morphius
01-04-2006, 12:12 PM
If it is to that stage and someone is telling it to you as a joke, that means there is an actual issue with you coming in late and it could effect things down the road for you. Just ask the guy sitting in the cube next to mine...

ENDelt260
01-04-2006, 01:17 PM
Heh... I've been the subject of a tardiness wager.

The day after the company Christmas party my director lost a bet when I showed up on time. haha... showed you.

SLAG
01-04-2006, 01:23 PM
Heh... I've been the subject of a tardiness wager.

The day after the company Christmas party my director lost a bet when I showed up on time. haha... showed you.

now i know i am in good company

Skip Towne
01-04-2006, 01:26 PM
So you show up late a lot then spend all day posting on the planet. You're lucky you still have a job.

ENDelt260
01-04-2006, 01:28 PM
No, see I was on time.

After getting hammered with the boss the night before.

SLAG
01-04-2006, 01:29 PM
So you show up late a lot then spend all day posting on the planet. You're lucky you still have a job.

thats 1/2 the people on here

Inspector
01-04-2006, 01:30 PM
I'm not rreally allowed to let my employees come in late.

Making up the time later would be seen as "flrx time" which we do not have. (needs of the business)

At my company tardiness can get ya fired.

Just make it a point to make your "start" time about 15 minutes earlier than what the boss expects. That way when one of those situations happen that makes you late, you'll have a built in cushion.

Oh, and there is no charge for this excellent advice...

Mr. Kotter
01-04-2006, 01:31 PM

You asking Slag to join the LKs? :hmmm:

KcMizzou
01-04-2006, 01:39 PM
Im a little confused, hurt and Angry. Like that time you went camping with the scout leader?

SLAG
01-04-2006, 01:41 PM
Like that time you went camping with the scout leader?

Nope those feelings were more like,

Fullfillment, Joy, and Purpose.

Much like when I visit your sister

sedated
01-04-2006, 01:42 PM

that was 1 time, after a Christmas party, and he was ON time.

Getting to work on time sucks, but it's gotta be done.

It's more than just that, it reflects on you and your entire work ethic.

They'll remember the constant tardiness when your review/raise comes around. That's why they don't tell you everyday, they can probably save some coin. Plus, you are an adult and certain things are just expected.

Sorry, didn't mean to slip into "responsible adult" mode there. (.)(.)

MOhillbilly
01-04-2006, 02:41 PM
So i was a little late this morning in to work (a not so un common occurance)
Well as soon as i sit down to punch in, I get an email that states that my fellow team mates had been betting on how late i was going to be. and then proceeded to Bad mouth my work ethic.
Should I be offended or Should I just be like the Rhino and let the water roll of my nuts?
Im a little confused, hurt and Angry.

Show up ontime dumbass.

ChiTown
01-04-2006, 02:46 PM
thats 1/2 the people on here

I haven't got around to firing myself yet, but I'm damn close
:banghead:

KCTitus
01-04-2006, 02:53 PM
A better idea would be to see if your teammates were smart enough to let you in on the action.

The only thing funnier would be if you lost that bet as well.

Skip Towne
01-04-2006, 02:55 PM
Show up ontime dumbass.
Quit beating around the bush, 'billy.

Matt Helm
01-04-2006, 03:05 PM
Are you on the clock or are you salary?

That would make a big difference.

I worked for a company that would nag you for being 15 seconds late. Not on a daily basis, but on annual reviews they would say that on Nov. 14 you were late for work. (actual time of lateness sometimes emphasized). What they never seemed to be able to reconcile was when you were on the road and worked 70 hours a week.

In your case, if you are having a big problem with it, I'd look for other employment. If you feel trapped, or do not want to leave - show up on time.

BIG_DADDY
01-04-2006, 03:23 PM
We had a guy at work we used to bet how long he would do anything because he was a slacker. We would place all our bets on a magic marker board from when he came in to how long he slack off sitting on the shitter or take for lunch. After a couple months of watching this BS I jumped on him about being a slacker who takes 30 minute poops. He got furious and said he has never taken a 30 minute poop in his life. We proceeded to show him every minute he had spent in there over the last 60 days and all the bets we made on him. ROFL

He wasn't happy but his poop time went down to about 10 minutes after that.

SLAG
01-04-2006, 03:38 PM
I have talked to my supervisor about my lateness time and time again, even again today he Insists everything is cool and its not that big of a problem.

He Stated that they were wrong for some of the comments that were made besides the betting.

Matt Helm
01-04-2006, 03:46 PM
I have talked to my supervisor about my lateness time and time again, even again today he Insists everything is cool and its not that big of a problem.

He Stated that they were wrong for some of the comments that were made besides the betting.

What you should do is start the betting pool the day before and then take a cut of the money put in the pot. That way you win, you get some of the money and your boss is still OK with the lateness.

Valiant
01-04-2006, 05:48 PM

Thats because they probably like you, and you are probably not very late or affecting their work schedule.. Try showing up more on time and go with the flow...