PDA

View Full Version : is it just me...

angel
01-04-2006, 10:25 AM
or do fountain drinks taste better out of styrofoam cups than they do out of plastic ones? :shrug:

and if it's not just me, is there some scientific explanation for it?

ChiefsfaninPA
01-04-2006, 10:27 AM
Nah, probably just the extra CFCs in the cup. Oh wait, they can't make them with that stuff anymore. Carry on.

Clint in Wichita
01-04-2006, 10:28 AM
or does semen taste better out of circumcised penises than it does out of uncircumcised ones? :shrug:

I fixed your post to draw the most responses possible.

Inspector
01-04-2006, 10:28 AM
It's probably just you.

For me, it's usually, just me.

Matt Helm
01-04-2006, 10:33 AM
or do fountain drinks taste better out of styrofoam cups than they do out of plastic ones? :shrug:

I'm an old schooler, but I've found that all beverages transport better in glass as well as being consumed from glass.

Glass does not give off any "off gasses" that can contaminate the flavor of the drink in question.

Anyone know how to tell if a clean glass is containing your beer?

angel
01-04-2006, 10:34 AM
I'm an old schooler, but I've found that all beverages transport better in glass as well as being consumed from glass.

Glass does not give off any "off gasses" that can contaminate the flavor of the drink in question.

Anyone know how to tell if a clean glass is containing your beer?
I do prefer glass, however, when I'm at the gas station getting a fountain drink, glass usually isn't an option.

Matt Helm
01-04-2006, 10:36 AM
I do prefer glass, however, when I'm at the gas station getting a fountain drink, glass usually isn't an option.

If you can't have glass, paper cups are the better choice.

greg63
01-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Yes, no....maybe; oh it's just so complicated. :D

HemiEd
01-04-2006, 10:38 AM

I think they do taste better. We have discussed this numerous times here at the office. Portillos uses styrofoam cups, the medium sized diet cokes taste the best.

ChiefsOne
01-04-2006, 10:39 AM
Fountains are definately better. The carbonation makes the difference. My wife won't have it any other way and she has made me worse.