PDA

View Full Version : Could Lynn Swann enter into the running?

PastorMikH
01-04-2006, 01:11 PM
in the midst of all the HC talk, this is a fresh topic.. Just saw this posted on ESPN. (probably in the no one cares news, but I find it interesting just the same).

Lynn Swann is expected to enter the PA Governor's race in PA. Could his popularity in PA get him elected? He knows a little about football, but how about running a state?

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2279703)

Brock
01-04-2006, 01:18 PM
I always get him mixed up with Ahmad Rashad.

PastorMikH
01-04-2006, 01:21 PM
I always get him mixed up with Ahmad Rashad.

Ahmad Rashad is the one married to Bill Cosby's (heathcliff Huckstable's) wife.:)

siberian khatru
01-04-2006, 01:28 PM
Ahmad Rashad is the one married to Bill Cosby's (heathcliff Huckstable's) wife.:)

Actually, they got divorced a few years ago.

Infidel Goat
01-04-2006, 01:29 PM
Should he win the Republican nomination, I think he would do fairly well. Pittsburgh is typically the democratic stronghold for the state--and I dare say that he would do better than most Republicans in that area.

In other news, Heath Shuler is running for congress as a democrat in North Carolina.

ChiefsfaninPA
01-04-2006, 02:11 PM
I think the only area he would win would be the Pittsburgh area. The rest of the state (really only Pittsburgh, Philly and the Scranton/Wilksbarre area) tend to vote democratic. The current governor, Rendell, won the whole state except the Pittsburgh area and that is only because the republican he was running against was from Pittsburgh. Most of the state is republican but the population is remotely located except in the4 major city areas which tend to vote democrate.

Guru
11-02-2006, 11:28 PM
Swann for Governor? Man thats nuts.

Halfcan
11-03-2006, 12:10 AM
Terry Bradshaw for President-he is ten times smarter than Bush-lol

ChiefFan31
11-03-2006, 01:12 AM
Swann for Gov or whatever he is running for....why not.

Hell Tom Osbourne could probably blow somebody's head off in the middle of town square and the good citizens of Nebraska would dispose of the body, murder weapon etc. in a heartbeat.

Dont get me wrong, that is kinda cool.

Im surprised to hear the Pittsburgh is a Dem Town. I wouldnt have thunk it.

PastorMikH
11-03-2006, 01:47 AM
Man, someone did some real digging to find this thread.

FWIW, I just checked and 'Ol Swanny is still in the running on the Republican ticket against a Democrat incumbent in a Democrat state (However, a lot of people seem upset at the Governor so who knows?)

jAZ
11-03-2006, 02:09 AM
Republican ticket ... Democrat incumbent
Should you say "Republic ticket" if you are going to say "Democrat incumbent"?

StcChief
11-03-2006, 07:12 AM
Why not. go for it, somebody other than a politician

PastorMikH
11-03-2006, 08:57 AM

Pardon me. Make that...

Swanny is running as a Good Guy against a leftist, tax-hungry, gun stealing, envoromental wacko who's affiliated himself with the scoundrels and is trying to get re-elected.

Better?

:)

(And with that, a thread that has been on the main BB for close to a year will be heading towards the DC forum)

boogblaster
11-03-2006, 09:13 AM
As of last week he was trailing the incumbent badly.....

Baconeater
11-03-2006, 09:49 AM
Hell Tom Osbourne could probably blow somebody's head off in the middle of town square and the good citizens of Nebraska would dispose of the body, murder weapon etc. in a heartbeat.

He ran for governor here and lost in the primary. He's definitely lost his burst.

patteeu
11-03-2006, 10:41 AM

Should the democrats have used www.democratics.org for their party website instead of www.democrats.org?

Ultra Peanut
11-03-2006, 11:50 AM
I think he's a good choice for the Republicanicans.

jAZ
11-04-2006, 10:51 AM
Should the democrats have used www.democratics.org for their party website instead of www.democrats.org?
I think we've figured out how you've achieved the level of intellectual detachment from reality that you have in your endless defense of BushCo. You really just have no interest in reality. Or did you never study grammer in school?

Party = Noun

Only one of these terms is gramatically correct to use to modify "Party".

Democrat = Noun
Democratic = Adjective

Adept Havelock
11-04-2006, 11:29 AM

Now jaZ, didn't they teach you at Leftist indoctrination camp that when making that point to a man of the cloth, you should refer to the Right as "Publicans", giving them a frame of reference they can relate to? :p

Mecca
11-04-2006, 11:58 AM
I just saw the numbers on this........Swanns getting ass raped in the numbers.

Phobia
11-04-2006, 12:03 PM
Or did you never study grammer in school?

Wow. That's horrible on so many levels. Was it intentional? Please say it was intentional.

patteeu
11-04-2006, 07:14 PM
I think we've figured out how you've achieved the level of intellectual detachment from reality that you have in your endless defense of BushCo. You really just have no interest in reality. Or did you never study grammer in school?

Party = Noun

Only one of these terms is gramatically correct to use to modify "Party".

Democrat = Noun
Democratic = Adjective

When you're talking about names, they're all nouns. Looks like we have another grammar cop busted by internal affairs. BTW, grammar is spelled with two a's. You're going to do hard time for these language violations. ;)

Hog Rider
11-04-2006, 07:45 PM
It's election time!

BRING OUT YER DEAD, BRING OUT YER DEAD!!

JazzzLovr
11-04-2006, 08:13 PM
Wow. That's horrible on so many levels. Was it intentional? Please say it was intentional.

LMAO

jAZ
11-04-2006, 08:33 PM
When you're talking about names, they're all nouns.
And the name is "Democratic Party". So you lose on all possible accounts.

jAZ
11-04-2006, 08:33 PM
I'd say it's horrible on 1 level. Spelling.