PDA

View Full Version : Law,Coles,Ellis,Vilma,Abraham,Blaylock in RED???

recxjake
01-04-2006, 03:06 PM
It would be great if Herm could bring a few of these guys along with him.... anyone know who the Jets free agents are???

Mecca
01-04-2006, 03:06 PM
Abrahams a free agent........Law will probably be released. After that, all the rest of those guys are still going to be in NY.

Halfcan
01-04-2006, 03:08 PM
OHHH GOD-here comes the endless Ty Law threads!

Iowanian
Would you quit it.

recxjake
Abrahams a free agent........Law will probably be released. After that, all the rest of those guys are still going to be in NY.

hmm a Jared Allen Ryan Sims (insert name) and John Abraham Dline is scary

recxjake
01-04-2006, 03:09 PM

Law costs to much, I like Warfield and Surtain just fine

chiefsfaninNC
01-04-2006, 03:09 PM

I don't see them releasing Law. Why would you think that? Not sure what his contract looks like for next year.

Brock
01-04-2006, 03:10 PM
I certainly would like to have Blaylock back.

They can keep the rest.

Brock
01-04-2006, 03:11 PM
I don't see them releasing Law. Why would you think that? Not sure what his contract looks like for next year.

He's due a huge bonus, from what I've read.

Mecca
01-04-2006, 03:11 PM

Because his contract increases rapidly, he's an older player and they need to rebuild. They're over the cap and his contract is one of the main ones to shed.

Rain Man
01-04-2006, 03:12 PM

Jared Allen Ryan Sims God and John Abraham

Jared Allen Ryan Sims Salma Hayek and John Abraham

Jared Allen Ryan Sims Elton John and John Abraham

Hey, you're right!

htismaqe
01-04-2006, 03:52 PM

Yeah, until the other team hands the ball off...

Cochise
01-04-2006, 03:55 PM
I visited ChiefsPlanet, and all I got was another lousy Herm thread.

RedThat
01-04-2006, 03:57 PM
It would be great if Herm could bring a few of these guys along with him.... anyone know who the Jets free agents are???

Stop this crap man. Your being an idiot!

Matt39
01-04-2006, 03:57 PM
Abraham will be franchised again.

Mecca
01-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Yeah, until the other team hands the ball off...

It would work aslong as we had an end to play in obvious run downs. Abraham defends the run better than Allen does, it would excellent in 3rd downs though that's for sure.

RedThat

Now what makes you think Chiefs are going to pursue John Abraham? The guy is going to demand a lot of money, and they already have a rushend in Allen.

kcfanXIII
abraham is to edwards as trent green is to dick. abraham wants to follow edwards, so its not out of the realm of possibility he comes here.

RedThat
01-04-2006, 04:01 PM

The guy got 10 picks this year. What makes you think he is going to be released? If anything, he deserves to stay there.

Mecca
01-04-2006, 04:03 PM
The guy got 10 picks this year. What makes you think he is going to be released? If anything, he deserves to stay there.

Take a look at his contract and thier cap number.......

Matt39
01-04-2006, 04:06 PM
Abraham will be franchised again.

44Grimmace
01-04-2006, 04:33 PM
i don't know... abraham AND law want to be with herm. ty law went to NYJ over us cuz we offended him by gettin surtain and cuz herm was at NYJ. now, if we have surtain AND herm, who knows, maybe he'll want a 4 year 20 mil deal.

the Talking Can
01-04-2006, 04:37 PM
Allen is as good as Abraham, is younger, healthier, and cheaper...we need a bigger DE, not another speed rusher guy...

beer bacon
01-04-2006, 04:38 PM

He isn't staying. He is due a 10 million dollar bonus.

Mecca
01-04-2006, 04:49 PM
Allen is as good as Abraham, is younger, healthier, and cheaper...we need a bigger DE, not another speed rusher guy...

If you really think that Allen is as good as Abraham, I'd like some of what you're smoking. John Abraham is a way better run defender and a better pass rusher for that matter. Jared Allen is Aaron Schobel he has some big games that make his end of the season stats look good but also disappears for entire games. Abraham is a game changing player, Allen is a complimentary end.

the Talking Can
01-04-2006, 04:57 PM
If you really think that Allen is as good as Abraham, I'd like some of what you're smoking. John Abraham is a way better run defender and a better pass rusher for that matter. Jared Allen is Aaron Schobel he has some big games that make his end of the season stats look good but also disappears for entire games. Abraham is a game changing player, Allen is a complimentary end.

Allen had 7 forced fumbles. He's in his second year and already puts up the same numbers as Abraham. He hasn't been injured and he's only going to get better.

Now way in hell a pay for a player that's an older, more nicked version of what we already have. Allen has nothing but upside. He single handedly won the Washington game for us. Is that "game changing" enough?

And he gets no help from anyone on his DL.

Mecca
01-04-2006, 05:03 PM
If you put Abraham on this line, teams would still run at Allen, he's the worse run defender. Abraham would draw more attention than Allen from the Oline. Allen as the 2 end would be a much better player than he is now.

I understand Allen is our best Dlineman so we all like him. But let's no go batshit nuts here. He's by no means an elite NFL defensive end. He'd be better as the complimentary end than the #1 end.

And by the way John Abraham is 27 years old, man he's ancient.

the Talking Can
01-04-2006, 05:08 PM
11 sacks, 55 tackles, 7 forced fumbles...in his 2nd year (after 9 as rookie who didn't start all the games)...what the hell else does he have to do?

He's clearly on his way.

Abraham is a guy with a bad knee who sat out in the playoffs because he was more interested in his contract. And yeah, 6 years in the NFL versus 2 is a giant difference in terms of wear and tear.

We got our sack DE. We need a run stuffer to replace Hicks while Allen racks up probowls.

stevieray
01-04-2006, 05:09 PM
If you put Abraham on this line, teams would still run at Allen, he's the worse run defender. Abraham would draw more attention than Allen from the Oline. Allen as the 2 end would be a much better player than he is now.

I understand Allen is our best Dlineman so we all like him. But let's no go batshit nuts here. He's by no means an elite NFL defensive end. He'd be better as the complimentary end than the #1 end.

And by the way John Abraham is 27 years old, man he's ancient.

twenty sacks in two seasons on a bad defense?

He might not be elite yet, but he's damn sure getting there.

His fire and motor are the intangibles you can't teach. It wouldn't suprise me that his attitude in the lockerrom is partly responsible for the upgrade of play from others.

ChiefsFire
01-04-2006, 05:10 PM
why would we want Law,not like hes headed to a Pro Bowl...oh wait

Mecca
01-04-2006, 05:12 PM
11 sacks, 55 tackles, 7 forced fumbles...in his 2nd year (after 9 as rookie who didn't start all the games)...what the hell else does he have to do?

He's clearly on his way.

Abraham is a guy with a bad knee who sat out in the playoffs because he was more interested in his contract. And yeah, 6 years in the NFL versus 2 is a giant difference in terms of wear and tear.

We got our sack DE. We need a run stuffer to replace Hicks while Allen racks up probowls.

You're one of those guys under the impression you need 1 sack end and 1 big end. That makes no sense size does not=run defense. Bein a good and bad run defender has jack to do with size it has to do with using your brain and technique. Allen isn't a good run defender, teams will continue to try to run at him regardless of who the other end is.

Let me point out something to you the Tampa Bay Buc's have a top defense in the NFL they have small ends. The Colt's have small ends, you wouldn't take Dwight Freeney cause he's small and we have Allen right? That's basically what you're trying to tell me.

I forgot to address the "racking up pro bowls" line you used. In the AFC which is sporting Jason Taylor, Dwight Freeney, John Abraham and numerous other top flight ends. That's asking alot to think he's going to "rack up" Pro Bowls.

I personally think Jared Allen is a Aaron Schobel type of player, a very good number 2 end. But we need another end that could make him that much better of a player.

stevieray
01-04-2006, 05:18 PM
You're one of those guys under the impression you need 1 sack end and 1 big end. That makes no sense size does not=run defense. Bein a good and bad run defender has jack to do with size it has to do with using your brain and technique. Allen isn't a good run defender, teams will continue to try to run at him regardless of who the other end is.

Let me point out something to you the Tampa Bay Buc's have a top defense in the NFL they have small ends. The Colt's have small ends, you wouldn't take Dwight Freeney cause he's small and we have Allen right? That's basically what you're trying to tell me.

What makes you think his run defense won't improve?

Mecca
01-04-2006, 05:20 PM
What makes you think his run defense won't improve?

Didn't say it wouldn't, the arguement I was making is that Allen being small is no reason to not pursue John Abraham. I'm not trying to oust Allen here, I'm just pointing out that having him is no reason to ignore Abraham if he wanted to come here because of Edwards.

the Talking Can
01-04-2006, 05:25 PM

I forgot to address the "racking up pro bowls" line you used. In the AFC which is sporting Jason Taylor, Dwight Freeney, John Abraham and numerous other top flight ends. That's asking alot to think he's going to "rack up" Pro Bowls.

I personally think Jared Allen is a Aaron Schobel type of player, a very good number 2 end. But we need another end that could make him that much better of a player.

Allen is only going to get better. He's already a top DE by any standard.

"What I'm trying to tell you" is exactly what I said....Allen is younger, healthier, and cheaper than Abraham.

If you want two speed rushers that is fine. But get a me a stud DT first...like Simon in Indy, or Sapp/MacFarland in Tampa.

You don't build a D around small DE's and shitty Tackles. The whole context of this thread was that we should bring in Abraham. My point is that we don't need him...Allen is as good and getting better and we need to spend our money elsewhere, namely on a stud DT.

stevieray
01-04-2006, 05:29 PM
Allen is only going to get better. He's already a top DE by any standard.

"What I'm trying to tell you" is exactly what I said....Allen is younger, healthier, and cheaper than Abraham.

If you want two speed rushers that is fine. But get a me a stud DT first...like Simon in Indy, or Sapp/MacFarland in Tampa.

You don't build a D around small DE's and shitty Tackles. The whole context of this thread was that we should bring in Abraham. My point is that we don't need him...Allen is as good and getting better and we need to spend our money elsewhere, namely on a stud DT.

I still get pissed when I think of Sims injury, after he started out so strong, even as brief as it was.

We've needed a stud DT since forever. I feel this team is only a few impact players away from being dominant.

the Talking Can
01-04-2006, 05:31 PM
I still get pissed when I think of Sims injury, after he started out so strong, even as brief as it was.

We've needed a stud DT since forever. I feel this team is only a few impact players away from being dominant.

Sims is the key reason our Defense has continued to suck. That pick and the refusal to fire GR until a year too late are the biggest mistakes of DV's tenure.

stevieray
01-04-2006, 05:35 PM
Sims is the key reason our Defense has continued to suck. That pick and the refusal to fire GR until a year too late are the biggest mistakes of DV's tenure.

I have to agree.

I know its only an if, but I can't help but feel that if we were full strength, (Sims, Fox and Battle) this defense would've helped get us into the playoffs.

htismaqe
01-04-2006, 05:36 PM
I don't think we need 1 rush end and 1 BIG end. He doesn't have to be big, he just needs to be good against the run.

Besides, the reasons to ignore Abraham are

1) he sat out a playoff game to avoid risking his big payday and

2) he's got an injury problem

Spend that BIG money elsewhere...

RedThat
01-04-2006, 05:36 PM

He's clearly on his way.

What are you talking about? Eric Hicks is a solid run defender. No need in change there. He is a pretty good defensive end. He is ok, not great, not good, just ok, a mere average.

The problem with Eric Hicks is, he lacks passrush skills. He only has 1 move, and thats the bullrush. He gets mauled most of the time on passing downs when do it.

What we need on this D-line, first and foremost is another passrusher. Allen is the only guy we got who can get to the QB. I love Robert Mathis from the Colts. I have a man crush on him, and I hope we make a move on him in FA. Problem is, he is a RFA, and very undersized, to small to be a LE. But, quick as heck, and turn the corner. He's got superior passrush skills, very, very underrated.

*Im for keeping Hicks, do we have a choice? The guy is locked up, and under contract. No use in releasing him, it would cost us. Get Mathis in here, he's a passrusher we can play him on passing downs. All that guy has done the last 2 years is compile 22 sacks! Not too shabby if you ask me. Our weakness is pass defense, and an improved pass defense all starts with an improved passrush. Mathis would be a good step in the right direction.

the Talking Can
01-04-2006, 05:38 PM
What are you talking about? Eric Hicks is a solid run defender. No need in change there. He is a pretty good defensive end. He is ok, not great, not good, just ok, a mere average.

The problem with Eric Hicks is, he lacks passrush skills. He only has 1 move, and thats the bullrush. He gets mauled most of the time on passing downs when do it.

What we need on this D-line, first and foremost is another passrusher. Allen is the only guy we got who can get to the QB. I love Robert Mathis from the Colts. I have a man crush on him, and I hope we make a move on him in FA. Problem is, he is a RFA, and very undersized, to small to be a LE. But, quick as heck, and turn the corner. He's got superior passrush skills, very, very underrated.

*Im for keeping Hicks, do we have a choice? The guy is locked up, and under contract. No use in releasing him, it would cost us. Get Mathis in here, he's a passrusher we can play him on passing downs. All that guy has done the last 2 years is compile 22 sacks! Not too shabby if you ask me. Our weakness is pass defense, and an improved pass defense all starts with an improved passrush. Mathis would be a good step in the right direction.

Hicks is a piece of shit. And what we need is a DT, two in fact.

RedThat
01-04-2006, 05:43 PM
Hicks is a piece of shit. And what we need is a DT, two in fact.

C'mon man...I think your being a bit too harsh. He's not THAT bad. There can be worse. While I don't think he's good, we could use an upgrade, but, he does do some good things.

I agree we need a DT badly. I for drafting Roderick Wright from Texas. The DT in the FA market this year stink! Larry Tripplett is the only guy that kinda catches my eye....The rest,
:Lin:

htismaqe
01-04-2006, 05:46 PM
I have to agree.

I know its only an if, but I can't help but feel that if we were full strength, (Sims, Fox and Battle) this defense would've helped get us into the playoffs.

I still think Fox is going to be a stud...

htismaqe
01-04-2006, 05:48 PM
C'mon man...I think your being a bit too harsh. He's not THAT bad. There can be worse. While I don't think he's good, we could use an upgrade, but, he does do some good things.

I agree we need a DT badly. I for drafting Roderick Wright from Texas. The DT in the FA market this year stink! Larry Tripplett is the only guy that kinda catches my eye....The rest,
:Lin:

When everybody wanted Robaire Smith 2 years ago, I remember distinctly hearing Mike Golic and Clayton talking about it. Something like 80% of free agent defensive tackles tank outright. The rest end up like Dalton - solid but not spectacular.

I really think we either need to draft someone like Wright or look to trade for someone.

stevieray
01-04-2006, 05:52 PM
I still think Fox is going to be a stud...

I do too. He's big and fast and was playing well till he got hurt.

Mecca
01-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Gabe Watson.....I'm really starting to think we should pick him.

RedThat
01-04-2006, 06:00 PM
When everybody wanted Robaire Smith 2 years ago, I remember distinctly hearing Mike Golic and Clayton talking about it. Something like 80% of free agent defensive tackles tank outright. The rest end up like Dalton - solid but not spectacular.

I really think we either need to draft someone like Wright or look to trade for someone.

Im for drafting Wright, and I think there is a realistic chance he will be available when we pick.

I like Micheal Huff, and want him too, but, if I had to choose between the 2, Id have to take Wright. It all starts up front. We lack that push up the middle. That simple fundamental, collapsing the pocket, we lack. Bigtime!

A lot of people don't like Wesley. I don't think he is a glaring weakness though. Wesley is ok. While I don't think he is a Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, or Roy Williams, and never will be. He misses tackles, and assignments from time to time, and it does upset me. But I do think he is good enough to live with IF we had a solid front 7.

Judge Smails
01-04-2006, 06:22 PM
I posted this on another website also:

Edwards said he won't address the rumors with his team. But defensive end John Abraham has heard the talk and would be upset if Edwards left.

"More than anything, Herm has helped a lot of us grow into men," Abraham said. "I've been with Herm now for five years and every year I'm proud to be with him. Anywhere he goes, I'd love to go with him. "

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2226298

CoMoChief
01-04-2006, 06:23 PM

MWAHHHHHHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Count Zarth
01-04-2006, 06:36 PM
We need Shaun Ellis, not Abraham.

RedThat
01-04-2006, 06:41 PM
We need Shaun Ellis, not Abraham.

Yep.

htismaqe
01-04-2006, 07:18 PM
Im for drafting Wright, and I think there is a realistic chance he will be available when we pick.

I like Micheal Huff, and want him too, but, if I had to choose between the 2, Id have to take Wright. It all starts up front. We lack that push up the middle. That simple fundamental, collapsing the pocket, we lack. Bigtime!

A lot of people don't like Wesley. I don't think he is a glaring weakness though. Wesley is ok. While I don't think he is a Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, or Roy Williams, and never will be. He misses tackles, and assignments from time to time, and it does upset me. But I do think he is good enough to live with IF we had a solid front 7.

Wright has been fairly invisible so far. In fact, on the short yardage stop he wasn't even in the game.

Hoover
01-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Huff would be a super nice pick