PDA

View Full Version : Whats LJ's contract status??

mac58
01-04-2006, 08:29 PM
i dont know shit about contracts and salary caps. whats LJ situation do u see him remaining a chief or holding out or anything? Whats his deal

JBucc
01-04-2006, 08:30 PM
I think he's got a couple years left but not for a lot. But I dont' know much about that stuff either

Hoover
01-04-2006, 08:34 PM
I'm sure he has about 3 years left on his first deal. Larry has 2 ways to play it, demand more $$ now (Portis), or wait till after next season and get a huge pay day.

chiefsfaninNC
01-04-2006, 08:36 PM
I think I remember him getting a five year deal. So he has two years left. I think he gets a new deal next offseason.

Iowanian
01-04-2006, 08:37 PM
The Status?

The Status is, he's about to say "hey Carl, I'm the #4 rusher in the NFL in 8 starts....Clifford Franklin need to get paid."

Carl, meanwhile is hoping to draft LinDale White in the 2nd round as leverage for the holdout.

unlurking
01-04-2006, 08:48 PM
From http://www.kcchiefs.com/player/larry_johnson/

Signed a seven-year contract with Kansas City (7/17/03)...

jspchief
01-04-2006, 09:51 PM
He's under contract for a few more years, but he'll probably expect a raise before the end of that contract. Deservedly so.

harpes
01-04-2006, 09:53 PM
LJ gets anything he wants. Chiefs will give an incentive lading new contract as soon as the new cap numbers come in.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-04-2006, 09:57 PM
I heard somewhere that he wants an extension this offseason, if not, he won't play.

What I would do is tell him to do what he did this year for a full year, then in the offseason next year, we'll make you a very rich man.

wutamess
01-04-2006, 10:13 PM
VT: doesn't matter what you would do.

You guys kill me thinking you run the freaking show and people are just going to accept your demands (if you were GM or whatever).

What would you do if you were LJ? LJ is THE MAN NOW. Not next year and you'd be doing the exact same thing he's about to do this year as he would.

Having said that... if you were LJ would you take the "wait to see what you do next year" approach when you damn near shattered every fuccing major NFL single season rushing record on a limited number of carries / starts?

Start thinking for once. And stop just blabbering to be blabbering.
No noone shitted in my cornflakes just get tired of the people not understanding the players predicament in the (business aspect of the) NFL.

KcMizzou
01-04-2006, 10:14 PM
He's under contract for a few more years, but he'll probably expect a raise before the end of that contract. Deservedly so.Indeed

Chiefs Pantalones
01-04-2006, 10:18 PM
VT: doesn't matter what you would do.

You guys kill me thinking you run the freaking show and people are just going to accept your demands (if you were GM or whatever).

What would you do if you were LJ? LJ is THE MAN NOW. Not next year and you'd be doing the exact same thing he's about to do this year as he would.

Having said that... if you were LJ would you take the "wait to see what you do next year" approach when you damn near shattered every fuccing major NFL single season rushing record on a limited number of carries / starts?

Start thinking for once. And stop just blabbering to be blabbering.
No noone shitted in my cornflakes just get tired of the people not understanding the players predicament in the (business aspect of the) NFL.

LJ even said himself that he hasn't done it for a whole year yet and that he hasn't proven anything. He ruined his leverage right there. I want the guy to get paid too, but not until he does it for a full season, which I'm sure he will. I can't wait as a matter of fact. Dude is great.

wutamess
01-04-2006, 10:22 PM
LJ even said himself that he hasn't done it for a whole year yet and that he hasn't proven anything. He ruined his leverage right there. I want the guy to get paid too, but not until he does it for a full season, which I'm sure he will. I can't wait as a matter of fact. Dude is great.

LJ also said... we'll have to wait until the end of the season to see about that. Why do you think he fired his agent and got one of the most succesful agents around?

LJ is about to be a very rich man (coming tihs summer to a television near you).

penguinz
01-04-2006, 10:43 PM
LJ is about to be a very rich man (coming tihs summer to a television near you).
Because the few million he already has does not make him already a very rich man? :hmmm:

Reaper16
01-04-2006, 10:52 PM
Carl, meanwhile is hoping to draft LinDale White in the 2nd round as leverage for the holdout.
:hmmm: