PDA

View Full Version : The Chiefs should set a precedent!

cmh6476
01-04-2006, 09:59 PM
Interview only minority candidates and then have a bunch of white lawyers sue.

Saulbadguy
01-04-2006, 10:00 PM
Are you offended they haven't interviewed any mentally handicapped candidates yet?

Kclee
01-04-2006, 10:06 PM
Are you offended they haven't interviewed any mentally handicapped candidates yet?

They interviewed Butch Davis.

beavis
01-04-2006, 10:07 PM
They interviewed Butch Davis.
Nice...

cmh6476
01-04-2006, 10:08 PM

yeah, I guess we did interview saunders so this is a moot point and I'm dumb.

I just think it's stupid they are forced to interview some minority. If the candidates are qualified they will get an opportunity. Everyone has the same opportunity to everyone else. How would you feel being a black coach knowing you are going to be called strictly because of your color, not on merit. You have no chance at the job, but got called in for an interview because they had to interview a black guy?

Saulbadguy
01-04-2006, 10:11 PM
If you have to ask, you'll never know.

milkman
01-04-2006, 10:14 PM
The Chiefs are going to set a precedent.

They will be the first team that hires a Marty Clone that has already been coached by the original Marty.

cmh6476
01-04-2006, 10:15 PM
If you have to ask, you'll never know.

Best person I ever heard speak on race was JC Watts. His colleagues when he was in Congress were disappointed that they could never get him to join the black caucus. That's because he understood that in order to establish racial equality, you have to eliminate any and every race barriers. We aren't black, white, yellow, brown or red. We are one people, and no person should be given preferential treatment because of their race, period.

Kclee
01-04-2006, 10:17 PM
We aren't black, white, yellow, brown or red. We are one people,

Actually, I am white. Sorry.

cmh6476
01-04-2006, 10:25 PM
Actually, I am white. Sorry.

but that makes you different from a person of color how exactly?

Sure we should appreciate our cultures and differences, but at the same time we should all theoretically live together at peace as one people. The hiring practices in the NFL are acting adversely IMO towards racial equality.

Kclee
01-04-2006, 10:27 PM

I sunburn.

milkman
01-04-2006, 10:29 PM

Sure we should appreciate our cultures and differences, but at the same time we should all theoretically live together at peace as one people. The hiring practices in the NFL are acting adversely IMO towards racial equality.

And this is different from the equal employment opportunity laws?

Saulbadguy
01-04-2006, 10:29 PM
ROFL

cmh6476
01-04-2006, 10:33 PM
And this is different from the equal employment opportunity laws?

Look at what long-term effects this could potentially have. You own a store that sells radios. You want to hire a new manager. Are you going to potentially be faced with a lawsuit for not interviewing a person of color? What if you only have 10 white applicants come in? Is it going to be your responsibility to go out and look for a person of color to interview for the position?

It's ridiculous if you think about it.

penguinz
01-04-2006, 10:36 PM
I sunburn.You are an idiot. Black people tan and can get sunburned also.

milkman
01-04-2006, 10:37 PM
Look at what long-term effects this could potentially have. You own a store that sells radios. You want to hire a new manager. Are you going to potentially be faced with a lawsuit for not interviewing a person of color? What if you only have 10 white applicants come in? Is it going to be your responsibility to go out and look for a person of color to interview for the position?

It's ridiculous if you think about it.

I don't disagree.

The point I'm making is that we, as a society, have to look at all of these kind of laws and regulations, and abolish them altogether.

Kclee
01-04-2006, 10:38 PM
Look at what long-term effects this could potentially have. You own a store that sells radios. You want to hire a new manager. Are you going to potentially be faced with a lawsuit for not interviewing a person of color? What if you only have 10 white applicants come in?

What happened to the old manager?

KCChiefsMan
01-04-2006, 10:38 PM
You are an idiot. Black people tan and can get sunburned also.

ya that was pretty stupid

milkman
01-04-2006, 10:41 PM

He retired after 5 years of mediocre sales.

Kclee
01-04-2006, 10:42 PM
You are an idiot. Black people tan and can get sunburned also.

Those were just black people acting white.

Kclee
01-04-2006, 10:43 PM
He retired after 5 years of mediocre sales.

Ahhh. That helps. I'm closer to making a decision. How much does the job pay?

Saulbadguy
01-04-2006, 10:44 PM
Got fired for stealing radios.

milkman
01-04-2006, 10:52 PM
Ahhh. That helps. I'm closer to making a decision. How much does the job pay?

WTH are you talking about?

The owner is set on hiring the manager of the store down the street that sell phonographs.

cmh6476
01-10-2006, 08:36 PM

so this is what really irked you and got you pissed at me, aint it? :)

No harm intended man, I long for the day when we can ALL live together at peace.

Saulbadguy
01-10-2006, 08:38 PM
so this is what really irked you and got you pissed at me, aint it? :)

No harm intended man, I long for the day when we can ALL live together at peace.
No...you are just retarded. Everything you type is just beyond ****ing stupid.

HMc
01-10-2006, 08:45 PM
Interesting rule. If a GM is such a wanker that he's going to avoid qualified minority coaches, is he really going to employ one becuase the league says he has to interview them?

htismaqe
01-10-2006, 08:48 PM
The Chiefs are going to set a precedent.

They will be the first team that hires a Marty Clone that has already been coached by the original Marty.

Joe Gibbs isn't a Marty Clone?

Seriously, the Cleveland Browns were the first team to do that.

milkman
01-10-2006, 08:50 PM
Joe Gibbs isn't a Marty Clone?

Seriously, the Cleveland Browns were the first team to do that.

You just had to **** with with a piss poor joke by adding facts to mix, didn't ya? :cuss: :)

htismaqe
01-10-2006, 08:54 PM
You just had to **** with with a piss poor joke by adding facts to mix, didn't ya? :cuss: :)

KEEP ****ING DOUBTING BUD CARSON!!!

ROFL

Skip Towne
01-10-2006, 08:54 PM
WTH are you talking about?

The owner is set on hiring the manager of the store down the street that sell phonographs.
What's a phonograph?