PDA

View Full Version : Forget HC, who will be our new Offensive and Defensive co-ordinators?

Deberg_1990
01-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Since its looking more and more like the Herm thing is a done deal.

My guess:

"Id like to welcome Paul Hackett back to Kansas City everyone!

He helped mentor the great Joe Montana and nurture a young Chad Pennington into an NFL caliber QB. He also helped guided the NY Jets powerful offense to the NFL Playoffs 3 out of 4 years.

Id also like to retain Gunther Cunningham to run my Defense"

Herm Edwards.

hahahahah

cmh6476
01-04-2006, 10:16 PM
i'm fine with herm as HC and Gun as DC or Herm's previous DC to be our new DC. How many times did Herm go to the playoffs the last 5 years. How many times did we make it to the playoffs the last 5 years? :shrug:

htismaqe
01-05-2006, 08:09 AM
Rhonda Moss said this morning that she was told last night that Herm would be bringing Donnie Henderson as DC...

bsp4444
01-05-2006, 08:21 AM
Norv Turner can run this offense...would he?

patteeu
01-05-2006, 09:10 AM
Rhonda Moss said this morning that she was told last night that Herm would be bringing Donnie Henderson as DC...

She did say she heard he would be bringing Henderson with him, but I thought she said he might come as defensive backs coach / asst head coach instead of DC after the morning host made the assumption that that would mean that Gunther is out.

htismaqe
01-05-2006, 09:21 AM
She did say she heard he would be bringing Henderson with him, but I thought she said he might come as defensive backs coach / asst head coach instead of DC after the morning host made the assumption that that would mean that Gunther is out.

Damn. I thought she said DC and assistant HC...

Coogs
01-05-2006, 09:23 AM
I'm great with Edwards.... as long as he gets to choose who he WANTS for his assistants! If he wants Gun.... great! If he does not want Gun... I hope he is not STUCK with Gun.

Same goes for the rest of the assistant coaches. If he WANTS to keep any of them.... fine. Just so he is not STUCK with them.

I do not want a puppet for a HC. Just look at the Raiders to see how that works out.

patteeu
01-05-2006, 09:31 AM
I'm great with Edwards.... as long as he gets to choose who he WANTS for his assistants! If he wants Gun.... great! If he does not want Gun... I hope he is not STUCK with Gun.

Same goes for the rest of the assistant coaches. If he WANTS to keep any of them.... fine. Just so he is not STUCK with them.

I do not want a puppet for a HC. Just look at the Raiders to see how that works out.

I agree, but I'd also hope that he wouldn't be hired if he didn't want to stick with the Coryell-style offense either by promoting Solari or Shea to OC or by bringing in someone like Norv Turner. I'm fine with Edwards, but I don't want him if he thinks we need to dramatically change the offensive scheme and I'd prefer that the defense not have to make a start-from-scratch change either.

Coogs
01-05-2006, 09:37 AM
I agree, but I'd also hope that he wouldn't be hired if he didn't want to stick with the Coryell-style offense either by promoting Solari or Shea to OC or by bringing in someone like Norv Turner. I'm fine with Edwards, but I don't want him if he thinks we need to dramatically change the offensive scheme and I'd prefer that the defense not have to make a start-from-scratch change either.

I can't imagine any OC worth a grain of salt that would come in and completely alter this offense. If they do their stay in the NFL would probably a short one. Offense.... I'm not worried about no matter who they bring in/or keep. Just so it is who Edwards wants... not stuck with.