PDA

View Full Version : The Chiefs have been PUSSIES on D since DV showed up.

nychief
01-05-2006, 12:10 AM
So, I support the Herm hire. How many times have we been pushed around on the defensive side off the ball in the last 5 years? All the late night crowd is bitching about the hire, but i for one think it might be refreshing to see a coach that is the emotional leader of a group of violent men in a violent sport. I have watched Herm and he is a man who will restore some toughness to this team. I also firmly believe that he is not a marty clone... we'll see what happens. But if gochief hates the move - go carl.

WilliamTheIrish
01-05-2006, 12:12 AM
For once (maybe twice) I agree with gochiefs.

It's martyocre redux + draft picks.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-05-2006, 12:12 AM
I whine and complain about him, but I will be ok with the hire (like I or anyone has a choice) as long as he keeps the offensive system we run intact by keeping Terry Shea or someone like that to run the offense. We don't need AS to run the offense, we just need one of the other coaches, like Shea or someone else.

FringeNC
01-05-2006, 12:15 AM
So, I support the Herm hire. How many times have we been pushed around on the defensive side off the ball in the last 5 years? All the late night crowd is bitching about the hire, but i for one think it might be refreshing to see a coach that is the emotional leader of a group of violent men in a violent sport. I have watched Herm and he is a man who will restore some toughness to this team. I also firmly believe that he is not a marty clone... we'll see what happens. But if gochief hates the move - go carl.

DV/Greg Robinson's first year was no worse than Gun/Kurt's last year.

The Chiefs suck on D because DV is soft is a stupid argument. The Chiefs suck on D because of bad players and bad coordinators. Were Kurt and Gun soft, too?

Rausch
01-05-2006, 12:17 AM
For once (maybe twice) I agree with gochiefs.

It's martyocre redux + draft picks.

Care to bet on it?

nychief
01-05-2006, 12:19 AM
Okay, we all got the "whitty" martyocre reference. But, it is stupid - the guy was a scout and DB coach for the Chiefs with Marty - then he spent more time with Dungy, before becoming a head coach. Why can't we think of some funny like pun like....

"it is a Dungy deal for Herm"

milkman
01-05-2006, 12:21 AM
The pussification of the Chiefs D started while Gun was HC.

nychief
01-05-2006, 12:21 AM
DV/Greg Robinson's first year was no worse than Gun/Kurt's last year.

The Chiefs suck on D because DV is soft is a stupid argument. The Chiefs suck on D because of bad players and bad coordinators. Were Kurt and Gun soft, too?

are you denying the team lacks defensive toughness? Is ryan sims a better of worse athlete than Joe philips? Most would say Sims is a much better athlete - so, other than injury, what is the diference in their play? Joe Philips was a hard ass and Sims is pussy. It all trickles down...

milkman
01-05-2006, 12:23 AM
Okay, we all got the "whitty" martyocre reference. But, it is stupid - the guy was a scout and DB coach for the Chiefs with Marty - then he spent more time with Dungy, before becoming a head coach. Why can't we think of some funny like pun like....

The Martyocre reference isn't strictly because of his association with Marty.

It's a reference to his propensity for crawling into the same shell when he gets into the playoffs.

nychief
01-05-2006, 12:25 AM
The Martyocre reference isn't strictly because of his association with Marty.

It's a reference to his propensity for crawling into the same shell when he gets into the playoffs.

playoffs? what are those?

oh, the thing we used to go to....

Herm has 2 playoff wins in the last five years. How many do the chiefs have?

KILLER_CLOWN
01-05-2006, 12:26 AM
The pussification of the Chiefs D started while Gun was HC.

Thank you for noticing! :clap: I agree completely, but we have to resign ourselves to the fact it will in all probability the 3 stooges part deux!

Rausch
01-05-2006, 12:26 AM
Is ryan sims a better of worse athlete than Joe philips? Most would say Sims is a much better athlete - so, other than injury, what is the diference-

DT, Neil Smith, and James ****ing Hasty.

For starters...

WilliamTheIrish
01-05-2006, 12:28 AM
Care to bet on it?

I'm all in.

FringeNC
are you denying the team lacks defensive toughness? Is ryan sims a better of worse athlete than Joe philips? Most would say Sims is a much better athlete - so, other than injury, what is the diference in their play? Joe Philips was a hard ass and Sims is pussy. It all trickles down...

DV had a top ten D at St. Louis. As I said, we had a terrible D before Greg and Dick got here. I do not think Herm is going to magically improve our D but uttering "we play to win". He might if he brings Donnie Henderson with him, though.

Taco John
Let's be honest... The Chiefs D has been hatin' it long before DV came in. Your entire team was crap under Gunther.

Count Alex's Losses
01-05-2006, 12:30 AM
Let's be honest... The Chiefs D has been hatin' it long before DV came in. Your entire team was crap under Gunther.

Yes but the defenders weren't pussies. The defense was average under Gunther.

tk13
Marty would NEVER

EVER

EVER

be able to win a playoff game 41-0.

So let's just end that talk right there.

Rausch
I'm all in.

Good.

I'll Titus it.

By Marty-clone I suspect you mean chokes in the playoffs (loses games that should be wins), mismanages obvious talent, and has no clue how to develop or evaluate QB's.

Right? I mean, that's pretty much all Marty right there...

Count Alex's Losses
01-05-2006, 12:31 AM
Marty would NEVER

EVER

EVER

Marty blew out the colts 38-21 one year in Cleveland.

Tribal Warfare
01-05-2006, 12:32 AM
Seriously, How many stars has Herm drafted. Pennington and Abraham were on Parcells watch

Rausch
Marty would NEVER

EVER

EVER

I won't say that.

We have LJ in 95 and we send home the Colts with sore assholes...

Rausch
Seriously, How many Defensive Stars that Herm drafted. Pennington and Abraham were on Parcells watch

How many did DV draft?...

Count Alex's Losses
01-05-2006, 12:33 AM
I won't say that.

We have LJ in 95 and we send home the Colts with sore assholes...

Apparently you don't remember why we lost that game....it was because Hackett kept THROWING.

tk13
01-05-2006, 12:34 AM
Marty blew out the colts 38-21 one year in Cleveland.
ROFL Yeah I know. No kidding, and that was what, 1986? That was 20 freaking years ago. That's the only time Marty has blown somebody out in the playoffs. Ronald Reagan was president and Michael J. Fox was everywhere.... great example.

Rausch
01-05-2006, 12:34 AM
Apparently you don't remember why we lost that game....it was because Hackett kept THROWING.

And here, all this time, I thought it was because we missed THREE ****ING FIELD GOALS...

Chiefs Pantalones
01-05-2006, 12:35 AM
Seriously, How many stars has Herm drafted. Pennington and Abraham were on Parcells watch

I just made love to your sig...and you avatar...yep, both.

tk13
Actually, they weren't. They were on Al Groh's watch. But Jonathon Vilma's not too shabby...

Tribal Warfare
How many did DV draft?...

I count the Trent trade as a draft pick, LJ under his watch though he didn't want him, Allen, Kawika, DJ

milkman
playoffs? what are those?

oh, the thing we used to go to....

Herm has 2 playoff wins in the last five years. How many do the chiefs have?

You know what?

I haven't seen the Chiefs in the SB for 35 years, and I'm not going to be happy about just getting to the ****in' playoffs in the next 5 years, only to see some pussy who's afraid to play to win lose to good teams before we get to the ****in' SB.

I'm going to be pissed, and dream of the day that Carl leaves, and hope to hell that he is replaced by a GM with some balls, who in turn replaces the nadless Herm with a coach with some balls.

I am sick and tired of the fact that the only balls on the KC sidelines, and in the front office are footballs.

I want men who bring their own balls to the field.

Count Alex's Losses
01-05-2006, 12:36 AM
And here, all this time, I thought it was because we missed THREE ****ING FIELD GOALS...

Well that didn't help. But if Hackett had just run the ball, we would have won.

WilliamTheIrish

Well ****ing forgive me for not rolling out a big NY welcome mat for the guy who cut his teeth in coaching under Marty.

IMO, we've been down this road before.

I'm real sorry it's not 'witty' enough for you.

How about it's a 'dung heap' of a deal? (that's going to cost us draft picks)

Tribal Warfare
I just made love to your sig...and you avatar...yep, both.

ewwwh, how's your monitor doing. ROFL

Rausch
01-05-2006, 12:37 AM
Apparently you don't remember why we lost that game....

Oh, and yeah I do ****ing remember that game. I got kicked out of the house for 2 days.

It was cold as shit. Our christmas tree was still up.

Until I kicked a popcorn tin into it and lobbed that bitch into the kitchen...

Count Alex's Losses
I am sick and tired of the that the only balls on the KC sidelines, and in the front office are footballs.

What? ROFL

WilliamTheIrish
Good.

I'll Titus it.

By Marty-clone I suspect you mean chokes in the playoffs (loses games that should be wins), mismanages obvious talent, and has no clue how to develop or evaluate QB's.

Right? I mean, that's pretty much all Marty right there...

You had me at chokes.

Count Alex's Losses
01-05-2006, 12:38 AM
ROFL Yeah I know. No kidding, and that was what, 1986? That was 20 freaking years ago. That's the only time Marty has blown somebody out in the playoffs. Ronald Reagan was president and Michael J. Fox was everywhere.... great example.

Who cares....they are both ancient history as far as I'm concerned.

Rausch
01-05-2006, 12:39 AM
You had me at chokes.

Good, we're on then.

12 pack of choice for teh winnar...

Mecca
01-05-2006, 12:40 AM
Well ****ing forgive me for not rolling out a big NY welcome mat for the guy who cut his teeth in coaching under Marty.

IMO, we've been down this road before.

I'm real sorry it's not 'witty' enough for you.

How about it's dung heap of a deal? (that's going to cost us draft picks)

I think Herms more of a Dungy guy than a Marty guy, he was here with Dungy and I believe he left with him. I know he went to Tampa with him.

WilliamTheIrish
Good, we're on then.

12 pack of choice for teh winnar...

Shit I'd buy you that for fun..

tk13
Who cares....they are both ancient history as far as I'm concerned.
Herm's tenure with the Jets is "ancient history"? I guess you shouldn't have any problems with him then....

Rausch
01-05-2006, 12:44 AM
Shit I'd buy you that for fun..

Oddly enough, I have an opening on my friends list...

Chiefs Pantalones
01-05-2006, 12:48 AM
ewwwh, how's your monitor doing. ROFL

Bedroom boom (all night baby) Bedroom boom...My bed will be boomin' for youuuuuu!!!... ROFL

FringeNC
01-05-2006, 12:53 AM
All this talk about Marty choking in the playoffs...He may have, but that's not why we lost. Marty never had a dominant team. The teams were built to not make mistakes, have good special teams, and whip up on bad teams. Have OCs who didn't give the ball over, etc.

The game he lost last year at SD was by far the worst case of him choking a playoff game away by his decisions.

Vermeil had the opposite philosophy -- that you build a team to be dominant and not have to rely on luck in the 4th quarter. He installed a high-risk offense in 2001, and it clicked the next year. Too bad he failed at picking a good D coordinator, or his philosophy would have worked.

I don't know much about Herm Edward's, but I think his natural inclination would be to the Marty approach of setting up a team to feast on bad teams instead of a high-risk, high-reward system like Vermeil. Hopefully, that will be taken out of his hands, and our offensive system will remain the same. Given that we already have a high-powered offense, Herm might not be a bad pick.

WilliamTheIrish
01-05-2006, 12:56 AM
I think Herms more of a Dungy guy than a Marty guy, he was here with Dungy and I believe he left with him. I know he went to Tampa with him.

I don't see a difference. Dungy in Tampa... was Marty. Stifling D, play it close and steal it at the end. If you could.

Herm's the same way.

I really wish CP a long, plentiful life of incurable erectile dysfunction.

JohnnyV13
01-05-2006, 12:57 AM
I think ANY incoming coach will keep our present system. I mean c'mon, you'd have to be Frank Ganz to change the best offense over the last 5 years.

Hell, I even think Frank Ganz would try to keep the same system, but screw it up through stupidity.

milkman
01-05-2006, 12:58 AM
I don't see a difference. Dungy in Tampa... was Marty. Stifling D, play it close and steal it at the end. If you could.

Herm's the same way.

I really wish CP a long, plentiful life of incurable erectile dysfunction.

ROFL

I second that.

tk13
01-05-2006, 01:09 AM
I mean, I understand what you guys are saying about being conservative... but really, this is what the NFL is. Marty's just on the most conservative end of that spectrum. Look at this year's playoffs... Denver, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, Chicago, New York, Tampa Bay, Washington, Carolina... those are all teams that want to run the ball/play defense and win. Denver and Tampa are the only ones I'd say that would take chances offensively, and even then, not that many... they aren't gonna put the game in Plummer or Chris Simms hands. Heck Dungy was the same way in Tampa, but now he has an elite offense. Even then, Indy has clammed up in the playoffs, so has Seattle the last two years, we've yet to see how the Bengals perform offensively, and all that leaves is New England. Seriously, this years playoffs is New England plus 11 teams who all have a history of clamming up and being conservative in the playoffs, or will more than like play conservative smart football in the upcoming playoffs.

If we would've made the playoffs, I think we could've safely said we maybe the most aggressive team in it, except for maybe New England...

If you want someone who isn't going to be old school, Al Saunders is definitely your guy, because 90% of NFL coaches are going to avoid making mistakes in the playoffs, and won't be afraid to play for FG's. I think Al will take plenty of chances.