PDA

View Full Version : JoPo's Choices for the Chiefs

grandllama
01-05-2006, 02:39 AM
Let's test the Planet on JoPo's hypothesis...

1. The Chiefs can win 10 or 11 games each of the next five years and make the playoffs, but they probably will not go to the Super Bowl.

2. The Chiefs will win the Super Bowl once in the next five years, guaranteed, but the other four years they will go 3-13.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-05-2006, 02:40 AM
I choose #2.

1punkyQB
01-05-2006, 02:40 AM
#2.

Logical
01-05-2006, 02:43 AM

Tribal Warfare
01-05-2006, 02:46 AM
#2 Bitches :D

luv
01-05-2006, 02:46 AM
#2. I don't know is we can be that consistent.

tk13
01-05-2006, 02:49 AM
Personally, I think I would choose 2.

But I don't think as many people could handle that, at least compared to the number that say they could. Four straight 3-13 seasons would turn this place and the fan base into a madhouse and they'd deem the Super Bowl irrelevant. Heck, that's how more than one person on here railed on Vermeil. "Yeah he lucked into a couple Super Bowl's, but his overall record isn't that good" yadda yadda yadda. Perfect example. I think most people would say 2, but wouldn't handle it as well when it actually happened.

grandllama
01-05-2006, 02:50 AM
I guess, in a Rainman kind of way, probably oughta expand on the poll a little.

Would you still support the team, buy merchandise, go to the games, during the four years of 3 - 13

Could you handle the ribbing from the other darling AFCW trolls (ala the shit we hand out to the Raiders now)...

From a purely business standpoint (and lest we forget pro football is, bottom line, a business) if your answer is "no", then Lamar, Clark, & Co have the right GM hired for this franchise.

If Arrowhead still sold out during the 3-13 years, then Lamar & Co have seriously underestimated the Chiefs faithful.

milkman
01-05-2006, 02:51 AM
I chose #2.

But it doesn't have to be that way.

Why can't we build a SB team, and then have a team that wins 10 games a season for a couple of years or more after that.

That whole article is a load of crap.

One could argue that it is further evidence of Carl's commitment to keeping the seats filled.

He'd rather not risk a couple of really bad seasons, cause it would erode the season ticket base.

luv
01-05-2006, 02:51 AM
I guess, in a Rainman kind of way, probably oughta expand on the poll a little.

Would you still support the team, buy merchandise, go to the games, during the four years of 3 - 13

Could you handle the ribbing from the other darling AFCW trolls (ala the shit we hand out to the Raiders now)...

From a purely business standpoint (and lest we forget pro football is, bottom line, a business) if your answer is "no", then Lamar, Clark, & Co have the right GM hired for this franchise.

If Arrowhead still sold out during the 3-13 years, then Lamar & Co have seriously underestimated the Chiefs faithful.
A fan is a fan, win or lose. What do you take me for, a Chargers fan?

KcMizzou
01-05-2006, 02:59 AM
It doesn't have to be all or nothing. And sucking ass for a few years won't esure that we'll get to a Super Bowl. Seriously guys, get a grip.

grandllama
01-05-2006, 03:00 AM
It doesn't have to be all or nothing. And sucking ass for a few years won't esure that we'll get to a Super Bowl. Seriously guys, get a grip.

When did you change your name to Logical?

milkman
01-05-2006, 03:00 AM

That's the point I was trying to make.

It's a flawed premise.

DaWolf
01-05-2006, 03:34 AM
Those are stupid choices from JoPo. Real winners can win a championship and still be successful. I don't see the Patriots going 3-13.

Carl's philosophy is to get to the playoffs and then at least you have a shot at the championship. I can't argue with that philosophy. I can argue with how he's gone about it, but the bottom line is you can't win a trophy if you don't make it to the dance, so it's not like one precludes the other...

NJ Chief Fan
01-05-2006, 07:37 AM
i think before we get out of hand with a super bowl...lets win another farkin playoff game in my lifetime