PDA

View Full Version : The Texas defense.

Rain Man
01-05-2006, 02:12 PM
I never watch college football, so last night's Rose Bowl was the first college game I'd seen in years.

I have to say it. Those Texas defensive players impressed me more than the Chiefs' defense. They wrapped up on their tackles, they were in position as defensive backs, and they made plays. While the defensive line didn't impress me a lot, those defensive backs and linebackers were always in the right place, and they seldom missed tackles. It made me realize just how much I miss seeing strong defensive play, and just how far our Chiefs are from providing it.

Wow.

Baby Lee
01-05-2006, 02:14 PM
I never watch college football, so last night's Rose Bowl was the first college game I'd seen in years.

I have to say it. Those Texas defensive players impressed me more than the Chiefs' defense. They wrapped up on their tackles, they were in position as defensive backs, and they made plays. While the defensive line didn't impress me a lot, those defensive backs and linebackers were always in the right place, and they seldom missed tackles. It made me realize just how much I miss seeing strong defensive play, and just how far our Chiefs are from providing it.

Wow.
If you want to move back to the sh!tty Marty years of playing not to lose, all D, no O, that's fine. Count me out though, Proctor!!!

phxchief
01-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Texas' secondary is loaded, and their LBs are unheralded stars... their D-line gets a lot of pub but is greatly overrated, especially Rod Wright. I really hope KC passes him up at #20.

Hoover
01-05-2006, 02:16 PM
I agree, I really enjoyed watching them play.

Like you I don't watch a lot of College ball, just the Hawkeyes.

Baby Lee
01-05-2006, 02:17 PM
Oh, and may I add. I'm with htis on Huff.

Rain Man
01-05-2006, 02:27 PM
If you want to move back to the sh!tty Marty years of playing not to lose, all D, no O, that's fine. Count me out though, Proctor!!!

Oh, I don't want to draft any of them. Long runs where a guy breaks ten lame tackle attempts are exciting.

Baby Lee
01-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Oh, I don't want to draft any of them. Long runs where a guy breaks ten lame tackle attempts are exciting.
You can't BUY advertising like the league Commissioner laughing at your defense at a ceremony for your HoF O-lineman!!!

nascher
01-05-2006, 02:30 PM
yes lol giving up 556 yards great. The db's made some good plays but it wasn't a great or even good performance.

Count Alex's Wins
01-05-2006, 02:31 PM
It's no coincidence the Longhorns won a national championship after getting rid of Greg Robinson.

Rain Man
01-05-2006, 02:31 PM
You can't BUY advertising like the league Commissioner laughing at your defense at a ceremony for your HoF O-lineman!!!

Not only that, but we're on the highlight films of every other team in the league. That's a lot of air time, and it's free.

Rain Man
01-05-2006, 02:33 PM
yes lol giving up 556 yards great. The db's made some good plays but it wasn't a great or even good performance.

Keep in mind that I usually only see the Chiefs' defense.

Amnorix
01-05-2006, 02:44 PM

Wow.

If allowing 38 points and 574 yards of total offense is "strong defensive play", then the Chiefs must really have a horrendous defense.

:p

Baby Lee
01-05-2006, 02:48 PM
If allowing 38 points and 574 yards of total offense is "strong defensive play", then the Chiefs must really have a horrendous defense.

What are you? Unfrozen caveman Boston lawyer?

Rain Man
01-05-2006, 03:00 PM

Who brought up the old post from 2004?

And 2003.

And 2002.

And 2001.

And 2000.

And 1999.

And 1998.

HarryParatestes
01-05-2006, 03:03 PM
It's no coincidence the Longhorns won a national championship after getting rid of Greg Robinson.

What? you're not impressed with his 1-10 Syracuse Orangemen?

Tribal Warfare
01-05-2006, 03:32 PM
Oh, and may I add. I'm with htis on Huff.

Chiefs might grab him if Herm is the HC, but I'm still on the McNeill bandwagon

Lzen
01-05-2006, 04:27 PM
Ummm, didn't USC run up over 500 yards on them? Yeah, that was impressive.

Mecca
01-05-2006, 04:39 PM
Mike Huff got steam rolled about 8 times in that game........I could just imagine the bitching if we took him first round and watched him get flattened that many times in a game.

Tribal Warfare
01-05-2006, 04:42 PM
Mike Huff got steam rolled about 8 times in that game........I could just imagine the bitching if we took him first round and watched him get flattened that many times in a game.

That is one of the reasons I'm still jockeying Marcus McNeill

chiefs4me
01-05-2006, 05:04 PM
The Texas defense ...

KICKS ASS and doesn't bother to take names.....:evil:

chiefs4me
01-05-2006, 05:05 PM

who gives a shit, the only thing that matters is the score at the end of the game.........right????????ROFL

KC Dan
01-05-2006, 05:06 PM
The Texas defense ...
KICKS ASS and doesn't bother to take names.....:evil:
They gave up 38 points, so I guess in your football mind the Chiefs defense of the past three years -
KICKED ASS

Mecca
01-05-2006, 05:06 PM
They kick so much ass.........they're one big hit of the night was on thier own guy, which broke his arm.

chiefs4me
01-05-2006, 05:15 PM
They gave up 38 points, so I guess in your football mind the Chiefs defense of the past three years -
KICKED ASS

I don't give a **** if they give up 58 ****ing points...as long as they WIN.....:rolleyes: