PDA

View Full Version : Letter....

mcan
01-05-2006, 10:26 PM
I've recently been prompted by someone to sign a letter to clark hunt in regards to the coaching decision. I didn't sign the letter, but I wanted to offer up my own addressed to Carl... Just to see what everybody thinks about it. Please, offer up your letters to Carl, or your thoughts about this letter in this thread. We don't have to send them, but I'd love to hear what everybody would say if they could...

Here's mine:

Dear Mr. Peterson,
Myself and the undersigned would like to take this opportunity to thank you for bringing Dick Vermeil and his family to the Chiefs organization and to Kansas City. Many of us believe that we will probably never see coach of his ilk again, and we all cherish the moments that he helped to bring us both in the community, and every Sunday when we invite our beloved team into our hearts and our living rooms.

All that aside we know that the team is moving forward. We look forward to cheering on the new head coach with as much vigour and tenacity that we have given Coach Vermeil, and we know that you will make whatever decision you feel is best for this community and for this team as you most obviously did with Coach Vermeil when many thought that the game had past him by.

Obviously, as fans, we only get to hear what happens behind the scenes through the media, and many of us feel that the local media go out of their way to sensationalize and demonize this organization and yourself whenever they get a chance in an effort to ensure more readership and more listeners. This essentially renders us completely in the dark. So, in an effort to both let our voices be heard and to just feel like we are part of the process, we would like to strongly endorse Al Saunders as the fan's favorite for this position. Obviously he has gone exceedingly above and beyond expectations so far, but we don't need to tell you that. That fact that our offensive players keep coming to you for bigger contracts should be the first warning sign that we're good... Real good... So you already know...

What you may not know is that there is a very strong contingency of loyal Chiefs fans that have an immense respect for Coach Saunders and would absolutely love for him to be our head coach, for better or worse... We are the same fans that don't believe what the media tells us... We are the same fans that stay until the end of the fourth quarter even when the game is out of reach... We are the same fans that yell as loud as we can on third down to help our defense... We are the same fans that recognize coverages from our seats... We are the same fans that defend our players, coaches, and front office people when things aren't going well... We are the same fans that tape the games so we can watch them again when we get home from Arrowhead, not so we can see ourselves on TV, but so we can break down the film and have more compelling arguments than the people who just parrot the guys they hear on the radio... We are the type of fans who might even send a letter to a certain general manager to state our opinions about certain free agents like Bill Romanowski (I think you might have mentioned that letter in press conference not so long ago).

Lastly, we are the type of fans who would absolutely LOVE to hear the announcement that Al Saunders has been given his shot to lead us to the promised land. And perhaps you could mention this letter during that press conference as well?...

We know that you will pick the right man for this job, and we are all behind you 100% no matter the direction (unless of course you are looking somebody whose name rhymes with Romanowski). We all just hope that "right guy" is Coach Saunders.

Good luck in your search for our new leader, and here's hoping that your last few years with us are as fruitfull and fullfilling for you as these past few years with Coach Vermeil have been for us.

~~The Chiefs loyals...

angel
01-05-2006, 10:31 PM
very nice letter, Matt
well said

Saulbadguy
01-05-2006, 10:32 PM
Dear Carl,

I'm classless and deranged. Thanks for everything.

jspchief
01-05-2006, 10:32 PM
You better send a xerox of your season tickets receipt. Only real fans matter.

Logical
01-05-2006, 10:38 PM
I think being polite to Carl is a total waste of time and he would laugh his ass off at you for your naivete believing he cares what you the paying customer thinks, that is if his minions that screened your letter stopped laughing long enough to show it to him.

mcan
You better send a xerox of your season tickets receipt. Only real fans matter.

Another baseless accusation made by the media to defame Carl. If you go back and listen to that press conference, you can clearly see that he is inferring that the MEDIA aren't the "real fans." He is not trying to imply that only season ticket holders are real fans. Only that the guys who get into the games for free, and sit in leather chairs eating nachos, only to write speculative articles full of slander and half truths are NOT the "real fans."

If your post was a joke, then... I apologize. It's very funny...

mcan
I think being polite to Carl is a total waste of time and he would laugh his ass off at you for your naivete, that is if his minions that screened your letter stopped laughing long enough to show it to him.

ROFL

nychief
01-05-2006, 10:40 PM
needs some copy editing, but go for it buddy.

Iowanian
01-05-2006, 10:41 PM
yeah...he's going to read them.

Maybe you could get the boys chior together with Frankie and go down and sing to him under his bedroom window.

Baconeater
01-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Wasting your time.

milkman
01-05-2006, 10:58 PM
How about:

Dear Carl.

You suck ass.
You have sucked ass for seventeen years, and you'll continue to suck ass for the next 4 years.

As another fan said, I wish you a long plentiful life of erectile dysfunction.

In closing, I'd just like to say **** you, you worthless piece of shit. I hope after your long life of erectile dysfunction, your dysfuctional erectile gets caught in a wood chipper.

Sincerely,
SideWinder.

dj56dt58
01-06-2006, 12:26 AM
Dear Carl:

DAMMIT! :banghead:

Taco John
01-06-2006, 12:29 AM
Ah Chiefs fans... Always with this letter writing stuff... How precious.

arrowheadnation
01-06-2006, 12:30 AM
Dear Carl,

FIX THIS SH!T NOW!!!!

Sincerely,
we the undersigned

jspchief
01-06-2006, 12:37 AM
Ah Chiefs fans... Always with this letter writing stuff... How precious.Yea. I can imagine Carl sitting in his office going through his list of coaching candidates and highlighting the ones that fans have written letters about... "I didn't want Saunders because I've seen five years of him and determined he's not HC material, but it appears that at least 53 fans really want him. I'd better reconsider".

greg63
01-06-2006, 01:35 AM
A very respectful, articulate and heart felt letter. Problem is that CP is an idiot and won't consider the loyal fan input.

Dartgod
01-06-2006, 06:26 AM
How about :

Dear Carl.

You suck ass.
You have sucked ass for seventeen years, and you'll continue to suck ass for the next 4 years.

In closing, I'd just like to say **** you, you worthless piece of shit. I hope after your long life of erectile dysfunction, your dysfuctional erectile gets caught in a wood chipper.

Sincerely,
SideWinder.
I want in on this one.

Saulbadguy
01-06-2006, 06:39 AM
Ah Chiefs fans... Always with this letter writing stuff... How precious.
Yep. Pretty retarded, huh?

HemiEd
01-06-2006, 06:45 AM
Nice letter and would probably do some good if you could get around 75,000 sigs on it by mid morning today. :clap:

Ultra Peanut
01-06-2006, 06:56 AM
Ah Chiefs fans... Always with this letter writing stuff... How precious.It's cute.

Hog Farmer
01-06-2006, 07:03 AM
Carl has people open his mail for him and screen what he actually recieves. He MAY get to put his eyeballs on it. He does care about what the fans think but it will not override what he thinks is best for the team in the long run. His main commitment is bringing a winning team to KC.

Skip Towne
01-06-2006, 07:07 AM
How about:

Dear Carl.

You suck ass.

Sincerely,
SideWinder.
Much more my style. And no run on sentences either.

Mile High Mania
01-06-2006, 07:27 AM
About as effective as a kid's letter to Santa. C'mon... what the fans want is not a top concern in these matters.

greg63
01-06-2006, 08:26 AM
Carl has people open his mail for him and screen what he actually recieves. He MAY get to put his eyeballs on it. He does care about what the fans think but it will not override what he thinks is best for the team in the long run. His main commitment is bringing a winning team to KC.
:LOL:....Oh, sorry; you are serious. :D

Iowanian
01-06-2006, 08:50 AM
There are 150,000 fans waiting anxiously for the seat you won't be occupying.

beavis
01-06-2006, 08:51 AM
How about:

Dear Carl.

You suck ass.

Sincerely,
SideWinder.
You're too late buddy. I sent this same one two years ago. :)