PDA

View Full Version : School ME!

SLAG
01-05-2006, 11:20 PM
As most of you know im 21 married and have two kids...

So I am Too young to know anything about what happend with the Chiefs and Marv Leavy?

nychief
01-05-2006, 11:21 PM
he got married and had kids too young, so they fired him.

SLAG
01-05-2006, 11:21 PM
he got married and had kids too young, so they fired him.

ROFL ROFL

Taco John
01-05-2006, 11:23 PM
Holy shit! 21 and two kids!

I'm 31 with zero kids. I can't wait to have our first (this year hopefully). I can't imagine living my last ten years with that kind of responsibility.

Here you go son. God bless ya... Better you than me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marv_Levy

SLAG
01-05-2006, 11:26 PM
I'm 31 with zero kids. I can't wait to have our first (this year hopefully). I can't imagine living my last ten years with that kind of responsibility.

Thanks for the Info

When Im 40 they should be out of the house

Mr. Kotter
01-05-2006, 11:26 PM

That was damn nice of you, TJ. :hmmm:

Okay, who's gotten his password and taken over his account? :spock:

SLAG
01-05-2006, 11:28 PM
Now that my question had been answered....

School Me on Anything and everything else... My brain is Like a Cheep Hookers Mouth... Always open and ready to Swallow

Saulbadguy
01-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Marv Levy had a fight song for the Chiefs.

SLAG
01-05-2006, 11:30 PM
Marv Levy had a fight song for the Chiefs.

I Vaguly remember seeing the Lyrics Posted before

Taco John
01-05-2006, 11:32 PM
That was damn nice of you, TJ. :hmmm:

Okay, who's gotten his password and taken over his account? :Spock:

Hey, the kid's a hero in my book. A lot of kids his age cut and run when they make decisions that put kids in their arms at that age. Good to see someone manning up to their end of the bargain. It's a tough row to hoe, and not the road I chose to go down, but ya gotta respect a kid who makes the choices and accepts their consequences.

SLAG
01-05-2006, 11:37 PM
Hey, the kid's a hero in my book. A lot of kids his age cut and run when they make decisions that put kids in their arms at that age. Good to see someone manning up to their end of the bargain. It's a tough row to hoe, and not the road I chose to go down, but ya gotta respect a kid who makes the choices and accepts their consequences.

Thank You.

I wonder if this thread will be moved to the hall of fame because you placed such a nice Comment in it

:shrug:

Mr. Kotter
01-05-2006, 11:43 PM

I've shared a few Cervaza's with the young man. Indeed, you are correct. He is to be commended. :thumb:

SLAG
01-05-2006, 11:47 PM
I've shared a few Cervaza's with the young man. Indeed, you are correct. He is to be commended. :thumb:

BTW Kotter

Do you Prefer Paypal?

Mr. Kotter
01-05-2006, 11:51 PM
BTW Kotter

Do you Prefer Paypal?

Whatever works for you, man. Just PM me if you need my e-mail address or snail mail addy.

Phobia
01-05-2006, 11:52 PM

I've met the guy. Quite frankly he's lucky he found the crosseyed girl at the cousins picnic or he wouldn't be married with 2 kids at 21, he'd be at home with large forearms.

stevieray
01-05-2006, 11:53 PM
They asked him to spell two and he was fired.

SLAG
01-05-2006, 11:54 PM
They asked him to spell two and he was fired.

ROFL

greg63
01-06-2006, 12:00 AM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/history/70s/

...Read, learn and enjoy. :D

SLAG
01-06-2006, 12:04 AM
Now school me on the history between carl and the Jets GM T.B

chefsos
01-06-2006, 12:04 AM
ROFL Levy to a referee: "You over-officious jerk!"

greg63
01-06-2006, 12:06 AM
Now school me on the history between carl and the Jets GM T.B

:hmmm: Don't know.

SLAG
01-06-2006, 12:17 AM
ROFL Levy to a referee: "You over-officious jerk!"

:LOL:

Does Anyone Know about the King Carl to Terry Bradway Connection?

milkman
01-06-2006, 12:22 AM
:LOL:

Does Anyone Know about the King Carl to Terry Bradway Connection?

Bradway used to be the Chiefs director of player personnel or something like that.

He was basically Carl's right hand man.

Someone with a better memory than me can tell you which title was his exactly.

ChiefsCountry
01-06-2006, 12:30 AM
Okay Slag,

I'm the same age as you, no kids. :) Marv Levy was the Chiefs coach in the late 70's and early 80's. Came here from CFL, was a pretty good hire didn't take the Chiefs to the playoffs though. His rep came off the running game, which was pretty good. He got canned bc the Chiefs wanted a more wide open attack I believe, that is why they went after John Mackovic who was Dallas' QB coach.

Terry Bradway was in the front office with Carl and the Chiefs. He was asst gm I believe. Also he was the one that did most of the negoations I believe. The NFL was the one who suggested him to the Jets when Woody Johnson took over.

SLAG
01-06-2006, 12:43 AM
Okay Slag,

I'm the same age as you, no kids. :) Marv Levy was the Chiefs coach in the late 70's and early 80's. Came here from CFL, was a pretty good hire didn't take the Chiefs to the playoffs though. His rep came off the running game, which was pretty good. He got canned bc the Chiefs wanted a more wide open attack I believe, that is why they went after John Mackovic who was Dallas' QB coach.

Terry Bradway was in the front office with Carl and the Chiefs. He was asst gm I believe. Also he was the one that did most of the negoations I believe. The NFL was the one who suggested him to the Jets when Woody Johnson took over.

Thank you

:) :clap:

chefsos
01-06-2006, 12:49 AM
Here's a couple of tidbits.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/index.php?content_id=580&sections_id=

Re-Posted from February, 2001 - Kansas City Chiefs president and general manager was on hand at the AFC all-stars practice at Aloha Stadium on Thursday and had many complimentary things to say about the Jets new general manager Terry Bradway, and head coach Herman Edwards, both of whom have a long-standing professional relationship with Peterson.

“Terry Bradway is one of the outstanding personnel people in the National Football League,” Peterson said. “His experience and what he did for us at the Chiefs is just outstanding. We had a lot of success in the ‘90’s. We won over 100 games and made seven playoff appearances, and Terry was certainly very much responsible for that and the player acquisitions. He’s got a keen eye, and I know he will continue to show that eye for the Jets. I think he was ready to be a general manager and I couldn’t be more proud of anybody.”
Edwards goes back even farther with Peterson. In fact, it was Peterson who brought Edwards to the NFL back in the mid-‘70’s, and their paths have continued to cross since.

“Herman Edwards and I go back to Philadelphia when I signed him as a college free agent,” Peterson continued. “He came in out of San Diego State and proceeded to start nine consecutive years for us. Of course, his play, the Miracle in the Meadowlands helped us go to Super Bowl XV. Then I brought him back to the Chiefs as a personnel guy, and I knew Marty (then-Chiefs coach Marty Schottenheimer) wanted to bring him back to the sidelines as a secondary coach. He’s a very talented guy that has experience in all facets of the game, and I think he’s going to be an outstanding head coach in the National Football League.”

Asked if there was one thing that both men had that would make them successful, Peterson didn’t hesitate.

“I think they both have the quality that we all need to succeed in this business and that’s relating to people and motivating people, and they both do that in a very unique way,” he said. “That’s key in our business. Those teams that are successful, have people who do that, and certainly Terry and Herman have that attribute.”
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

http://www.nyc.gov/html/sports/html/groh-resigns.html

On Thursday, January 11th, the New York Jets replaced their vacant General Manager position by hiring Terry Bradway. Bradway served as the Kansas City Chiefs' vice president for player personnel during the 2000 season overseeing Kansas City's professional and college scouting operations. Including this season, Bradway has spent 18 years in football. He was a scout for the New York Giants from 1986-92, when the team won the Super Bowl twice with Parcells as head coach. From 1983-85, he was assistant director of player personnel for the USFL's Baltimore/Philadelphia Stars.[Note: this was Carl's team, too.] Bradway's first challenge as GM will be the hiring of a new head coach-Al Groh left the club to become the head coach at the University of Virginia.

Phobia
01-06-2006, 12:53 AM
Slag,
I had 2 kids at 22. I figured "Hell, they'll be out of the house by the time I'm 40". Then my wife at that time decided to start sleeping with other men and I had to start over again. Now I'm 34 and have a 2 year old. My wife wants another. Who knows when mine will be out of the house. Hell, I may send them to live with their older sisters.

SLAG
01-06-2006, 12:54 AM
Here's a couple of tidbits.

Thank you

SLAG
01-06-2006, 12:55 AM
Slag,
I had 2 kids at 22. I figured "Hell, they'll be out of the house by the time I'm 40". Then my wife at that time decided to start sleeping with other men and I had to start over again. Now I'm 34 and have a 2 year old. My wife wants another. Who knows when mine will be out of the house. Hell, I may send them to live with their older sisters.

Ouch....

Did you Shoot the Bitch?

Does Nick Offer an 401k Package?

Phobia
01-06-2006, 01:04 AM
I didn't shoot her, no. But I did gouge out her eyes.

I can't tell you if Nick offers 401k unless you're a premium member. Sorry.

SLAG
01-06-2006, 01:06 AM

Fair Enuff..... I hope you enjoyed them with a Nice Chianti

How about I give you 50˘ and you let me See your paycheck stub

greg63
01-06-2006, 01:07 AM
Slag,

Mine are fifteen and TWENTY! I just wanna get them out on their own before my wife and I die!

Other than that they're great kids; wouldn't trade 'em for the world.

kregger
01-06-2006, 01:17 AM
Slag, let's compare notes in 20 yrs. We waited until 40 to have a kid. Mine will be leaving and you'll be a granpa.

luv
01-06-2006, 01:18 AM
Slag,
They can live with me. 29, no kids, and never been married. I want to have kids, but at this rate, who knows if I will.

SLAG
01-06-2006, 01:21 AM
Slag, let's compare notes in 20 yrs. We waited until 40 to have a kid. Mine will be leaving and you'll be a granpa.

Thats cool with me, I see being a Grandpa Almost better than being a father

greg63
01-06-2006, 01:22 AM
They can live with me. 29, no kids, and never been married. I want to have kids, but at this rate, who knows if I will.

You'll get there luv. ;)

Fire Me Boy!
01-06-2006, 07:04 AM
Was that before or after his cheap hooker/open mouth/always swallows comment?

Skip Towne
01-06-2006, 07:24 AM

I see he makes you work Sundays. Can't you get a better job than that?

Saulbadguy
01-06-2006, 07:47 AM
We've decided we will not have kids. We'll see how long that decision lasts.

Mr. Kotter
01-06-2006, 08:21 AM

You and Skip and decided not to have kids?

That's good. Very good. ;)

SLAG
01-06-2006, 08:43 AM

1 Year?

Mr. Kotter
01-06-2006, 08:44 AM
Was that before or after his cheap hooker/open mouth/always swallows comment?

Where do you think he GOT that line? :)

Saulbadguy
01-06-2006, 08:45 AM
1 Year?

At least 5 years, I think.

SLAG
01-06-2006, 08:47 AM
At least 5 years, I think.

If thats the Case I reccomend and IUD,

Minerva I think is the name of the 5 Year one

kregger
01-06-2006, 08:51 AM
If thats the Case I reccomend and IUD,

Abstinence is the only proven method. Good luck Saulbadguy. :whackit:

SLAG
01-06-2006, 08:56 AM
Abstinence is the only proven method. Good luck Saulbadguy. :whackit:

ROFL

unlurking
01-06-2006, 09:28 AM
Man, I feel for ya SLAG02. I'm 32 and my only child is 12 (not having more). It is funny though, watching all my friends from teens/twenties now in their early/mid 30's just now having kids.

I was very selfish and upset that I was passing up "the best years of my life" being straddled with a kid and not being able to go out and party, etc. Now my close friends are in that boat, while I am getting out of it. I can't believe that back then I used to be upset about not being to go play poker/pool/drink/act stupid on the weekends. Now, while my close friends can no longer go play poker/pool/drink/act stupid on the weekends, I get to do MUCH cooler shit, because I have a lot more money than I did during the "best years of my life".

It's a really rough road man, but I am thinking that my 30's, not 20's, are the best years of my life. Watching my son play hockey, taking him to sports events, going on weekend trips to Vegas/Moab/Cali/etc. whenever we feel like it, while all those with newborns sit at home "reminiscing" about their days of freedom to hang out at the bar is very satisfying.

Congratulations man, it's a hard way too start, but it makes things much more satisfying down the road IMHO.

Bob Dole
01-06-2006, 09:33 AM

Hopefully at least until the divorce.

SLAG
01-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Man, I feel for ya SLAG02. I'm 32 and my only child is 12 (not having more). It is funny though, watching all my friends from teens/twenties now in their early/mid 30's just now having kids.

I was very selfish and upset that I was passing up "the best years of my life" being straddled with a kid and not being able to go out and party, etc. Now my close friends are in that boat, while I am getting out of it. I can't believe that back then I used to be upset about not being to go play poker/pool/drink/act stupid on the weekends. Now, while my close friends can no longer go play poker/pool/drink/act stupid on the weekends, I get to do MUCH cooler shit, because I have a lot more money than I did during the "best years of my life".

It's a really rough road man, but I am thinking that my 30's, not 20's, are the best years of my life. Watching my son play hockey, taking him to sports events, going on weekend trips to Vegas/Moab/Cali/etc. whenever we feel like it, while all those with newborns sit at home "reminiscing" about their days of freedom to hang out at the bar is very satisfying.

Congratulations man, it's a hard way too start, but it makes things much more satisfying down the road IMHO.

Thanks, I am Optimistic about my situation.

:D

SLAG
03-15-2006, 06:19 PM
Alright I need Some More Schooling...

I know alot of you planeteers are Much Smarter than me when it comes to alot of things..

How Do I Create a budget and stick to it.

I need some help because I seem to always be stuck with that old addage "A Day Late a Dollar Short" Every paycheck things look like they could be getting better but I always end up on the short end of the deal.

Any suggestions, Excel Files, and Information is Wanted..

Thanks again

|slag

sedated
03-15-2006, 06:22 PM
quit spending so much money.

or sell a kid

listopencil
03-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Terry Bradway was in the front office with Carl and the Chiefs. He was asst gm I believe. Also he was the one that did most of the negoations I believe.

Terry Bradway was a tough SOB negotiator.

Calcountry
03-15-2006, 06:23 PM
As most of you know im 21 married and have two kids...

So I am Too young to know anything about what happend with the Chiefs and Marv Leavy?He ran the wing T offense to keep the Chiefs shitty D off the field, hey, maybe there is an idea for Gunther.

Saulbadguy
03-15-2006, 09:13 PM

I know alot of you planeteers are Much Smarter than me when it comes to alot of things..

I need some help because I seem to always be stuck with that old addage "A Day Late a Dollar Short" Every paycheck things look like they could be getting better but I always end up on the short end of the deal.

Thanks again

|slag
Do you have credit card debt?

SLAG
03-15-2006, 09:14 PM
Do you have credit card debt?

Nope

Saulbadguy
03-15-2006, 09:15 PM
Nope
Car payment? House payment? what are your bills?

SLAG
03-15-2006, 09:17 PM
Car payment? House payment? what are your bills?

Basic Bills...

Car Loan... Rent + Utilties ... Cell Phone and Cable Bills

Saulbadguy
03-15-2006, 09:19 PM
Basic Bills...

Car Loan... Rent + Utilties ... Cell Phone and Cable Bills
So after all the basic bills, are you find you don't have any (or very little) left over?

morphius
03-15-2006, 09:21 PM
I would like to recommend the pill, but I can't.

I would also love to recommend the patch, but I can't.

SLAG
03-15-2006, 09:22 PM
So after all the basic bills, are you find you don't have any (or very little) left over?

Yes and No, I guess Im just a fool and his money... all the extra stuff is spent on frivolous things, Beer, and Eating out + some Impulse Buying.

The bills get paid but im always ending up short somewhere or there is always something else popping up...

I just know there has to be a way to balance the scales... to have my cake and eat it too if you will.

Saulbadguy
03-15-2006, 09:23 PM
I guess I would stop buying so much shit. You seem to be the person who sees a new toy and has to have it.

Try putting that money in to savings instead. Do you have college funds set up yet?

SLAG
03-15-2006, 09:24 PM
I guess I would stop buying so much shit. You seem to be the person who sees a new toy and has to have it.

Try putting that money in to savings instead. Do you have college funds set up yet?

Negative

Saulbadguy
03-15-2006, 09:25 PM
Single income or dual income household?

Skip Towne
03-15-2006, 09:27 PM
Yes and No, I guess Im just a fool and his money... all the extra stuff is spent on frivolous things, Beer, and Eating out + some Impulse Buying.

The bills get paid but im always ending up short somewhere or there is always something else popping up...

I just know there has to be a way to balance the scales... to have my cake and eat it too if you will.
Wasn't it you just a few days ago asking for suggestions for a fairly lavish evening on the town? I wondered then how a guy in your position could even think of spending that much money on one meal.

SLAG
03-15-2006, 09:35 PM
Wasn't it you just a few days ago asking for suggestions for a fairly lavish evening on the town? I wondered then how a guy in your position could even think of spending that much money on one meal.

We do Pretty good,

If you remember the post it was asking for someplace nice but not too expesive, Outback is not an everyday thing.

greg63
03-16-2006, 12:04 AM

Yup, prioritize and don't live beyond your means.

jspchief
03-16-2006, 12:17 AM

Thanks again

|slagGet a pen and a small notebook and write down every penny you spend for a few weeks. People don't realize where their money goes. Looking back at a few week's worth of spending allows you to assess areas where you can cut back, plus it makes you more mindful of frivolous spending.

Fat Elvis
03-16-2006, 12:28 AM
Get a pen and a small notebook and write down every penny you spend for a few weeks. People don't realize where their money goes. Looking back at a few week's worth of spending allows you to assess areas where you can cut back, plus it makes you more mindful of frivolous spending.

Use MS Money or Quicken. Use it to even track your cash transactions. At the end of each month, you can use the program to generate a report to tell you where the money went. You can also set up a budget with these programs. It is amazing, but if you really track the inflows and outflows of your money, you can make informed decisions of where you need to be more careful. Make sure you budget in unexpected expenses each month as well. It never fails, the car needs new brakes, the washer stops working, something seems to come up that leaves you a little further behind than what you thought. Once you start to set aside money for those "problems" you can deal with them better. I know it is hard, especially for someone young and with a family, but try to save a little each week. Save your change at the end of the day if nothing else and sock it away.

Valiant
03-16-2006, 12:29 AM

You are only 31??? You look upper 30's if not early 40's... Damn my sympathy for that, well and being a dirty donk fan...