PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hear about this "Book of Daniel" controversy?

Pitt Gorilla
01-06-2006, 12:14 AM
NBC has a new show about a preacher who talks to Jesus, has a family, etc. It's supposed to be NBC's version of Desperate Housewives or something. Anyway, a bunch of RRWNJ's have their collective noses out of joint about the show, although it has yet to air, and are protesting NBC stations. I guess it's pretty intense here in Iowa. Has anyone else heard about this? It sounds like an interesting show, FWIW.

Brock
01-06-2006, 12:15 AM
I heard it won't be shown in Wichita.

jspchief
01-06-2006, 12:16 AM
Didn't hear about it, but saw it coming.

It reeks of a lame attempt to garner attention through shock value.

Pitt Gorilla
01-06-2006, 12:20 AM
Didn't hear about it, but saw it coming.

It reeks of a lame attempt to garner attention through shock value.It worked on me; I wouldn't have known about it if the RRWNJs hadn't thrown a fit. It looks kinda cool.

jspchief
01-06-2006, 12:24 AM
Looks cool? Ugh.

It looks like the network traded creativity for shock.

"Hey, we'll make a Desperate Housewives type of show!"
"Ya, but lets add more lesbians!"
"Yay, lesbians! And make the guy a priest!"
"ooh, a priest, that's good! Let's make the kid a drug dealer too!"
"any other outrageous things we can add?"
"we'll think of more later and insert them, it's not like there's a plot to coincide with"

SNR
01-06-2006, 12:25 AM
Do networks even pay attention to what other networks do?

Joan of Arcadia sucked ass. Why should this show be any different? You'd think a lesson would be learned, but nooooooooo...

Pitt Gorilla
01-06-2006, 12:25 AM
Looks cool? Ugh.

It looks like the network traded creativity for shock.

"Hey, we'll make a Desperate Housewives type of show!"
"Ya, but lets add more lesbians!"
"Yay, lesbians! And make the guy a priest!"
"ooh, a priest, that's good! Let's make the kid a drug dealer too!"
"any other outrageous things we can add?"
"we'll think of more later and insert them, it's not like there's a plot to coincide with"
I hadn't heard about the lesbians. I must admit that that doesn't make me want to watch it less.

Taco John
01-06-2006, 12:26 AM
It's because of the liberals, you know...

Stinkin' Libbies!

:cuss:

Pitt Gorilla
01-06-2006, 12:27 AM
Do networks even pay attention to what other networks do?

Joan of Arcadia sucked ass. Why should this show be any different? You'd think a lesson would be learned, but nooooooooo...Wow, I must be slipping. I thought Joan of Arcadia was ok (for a Friday chick show).

Brock
01-06-2006, 12:29 AM
I predict that post 29 in this thread will be:

Why was this moved to DC?

SNR
Wow, I must be slipping. I thought Joan of Arcadia was ok (for a Friday chick show).I'll bet you watched Touched By An Angel when it was on, too

Pitt Gorilla
I predict that post 29 in this thread will be:I could see that.
:)

jspchief
01-06-2006, 12:30 AM
I hadn't heard about the lesbians. I must admit that that doesn't make me want to watch it less.One of them is that red headed skank from Sex in the City.

I'm sure this will appeal to the same brainless goons that like Desperate Housewives "cause it's got hot chicks, dur hur".

Pitt Gorilla
01-06-2006, 12:31 AM
I'll bet you watched Touched By An Angel when it was on, tooNo, but Highway to Heaven used to be a family staple. I wonder if people protested that one as well...

SNR
01-06-2006, 12:35 AM
No, but Highway to Heaven used to be a family staple. I wonder if people protested that one as well...Touched By an Angel was certainly a family staple. Della Reese made that show what it was. Because her fat ass took up the entire damn screen.

tk13
01-06-2006, 12:41 AM
My NBC station won't air it. Announced it earlier this week. Completely stupid. I mean I don't have a problem if you find it offensive. There's just one little problem.

IT HASN'T AIRED YET!

If a few episodes had aired and this started, that'd at least be a bit more understandable... but I love how people can determine this is inappropriate before even watching a single episode. That's not being close-minded. Yeah, I really had no intention of watching it, but this kinda stuff hacks me off....

Taco John
01-06-2006, 12:46 AM
Listen tk, people might get offended if it aired. We're talking about letter writing country here. The stakes are just way too high.

Logical
01-06-2006, 01:23 AM
NBC has a new show about a preacher who talks to Jesus, has a family, etc. It's supposed to be NBC's version of Desperate Housewives or something. Anyway, a bunch of RRWNJ's have their collective noses out of joint about the show, although it has yet to air, and are protesting NBC stations. I guess it's pretty intense here in Iowa. Has anyone else heard about this? It sounds like an interesting show, FWIW.

No I have not heard about it.

Did you move, I thought you still lived in Columbia Mo?

Ultra Peanut
01-06-2006, 01:31 AM
"It's a satire!"

Logical
01-06-2006, 03:12 AM
Just saw my first add for it, appear to have potential to be funny.

Bob Dole
01-06-2006, 06:41 AM
Just saw my first add for it, appear to have potential to be funny.

Bob Dole just saw the one where Jesus is in the passenger seat and tells him he's tailgating.

It definitely has some potential.

Cochise
01-06-2006, 06:52 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,180702,00.html

IMO, sounds like controversial for controversial's sake, and that usually doesn't stick around in the tv schedule for long.

Sully
01-06-2006, 08:32 AM
It looks funny in the ads.
I heard about the controversy through my fiance, who is a minister and has gotten emails about boycotting it (stupid).
We both can't wait to actually watch a show where a minister is portrayed as an actual person, with actual real-life problems, and a little humor.

Lzen
01-06-2006, 08:40 AM
No, but Highway to Heaven used to be a family staple. I wonder if people protested that one as well...

Last I checked, Highway to Heaven didn't make a mockery of the Christian belief system. ;)