PDA

View Full Version : Just my guess: Chiefs already in danger of tampering

cdcox
01-05-2006, 11:33 PM
If the Chiefs do not provide compensation for Herm Edwards, but Edwards gets fired, I', guessing the Chiefs will get some sort of penalty for tampering. Herm's HC position with the Jets was just fine till all the fire in the media over the situation. Jets will caim that Herm's discontent was strongly due to the Chiefs showing interest in him through various "media outlets". Again, just a guess, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it play out this way.

Mecca
01-05-2006, 11:34 PM
We're probably better off working out a deal than having the league do it. Tagliabue would probably make us give up a 2 and 3.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-05-2006, 11:36 PM
I'm guessing the NFL offices are in NY & Tags doesn't like his lunch spit in

KCChiefsFan88
01-05-2006, 11:38 PM
Thank you Carl for getting us in this mess all for a coach with a 39-41 career record

jspchief
01-05-2006, 11:38 PM
Edwards layed the groundwork for our defense by saying he needed an extension before Vermeil even retired.

4th and Long
01-05-2006, 11:39 PM
Is it considered tampering if we asked the Jets front office for permission to talk to Edwards?

Chiefs Pantalones
01-05-2006, 11:40 PM
After reading what Taco wrote and thinking about it more, Carl has had his eye on Edwards for the last three months, thinking DV might hang it up.

There would have to be clear evidence to be charged with tampering, right?

Taco John
01-05-2006, 11:44 PM
You're just lucky to have me... :)

4th and Long
01-05-2006, 11:46 PM
Cody had Taco?

Euuuuuuuwwwwwwuuuuhhhhhhh!!!!

tk13
01-05-2006, 11:47 PM
All the Jets boards have been all over this today, basically because they know Bradway has screwed himself and Carl holds all the leverage at the moment.

I don't know though... a couple Jets fans made some good points about the particular statements each side has made, and how nothing as truly been tampering. I think Carl and Herm have both played their cards pretty well to leave themselves an out to say there was no tampering.

That said, I agree, I don't want Tags in on this, he'll bury us. Gruden was a 4-year head coach with 2 playoff appearances and 2 playoff wins, pretty similar to Herm.... and he got two #1's, two #2's, and like $8 million in return. Far cry from two 2nd day picks. If we get to some kind of "neutral" arbitrator Carl is screwed.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-05-2006, 11:48 PM
ROFL

Sick.

Stinger
01-05-2006, 11:49 PM
After reading what Taco read and thinking about it more, Carl has had his eye on Edwards for the last three months, thinking DV might hang it up.

There would have to be clear evidence to be charged with tampering, right?

Actually I believe you have it backwards Edwards was having his eye on KC about three months ago

Video proof of Herm asking to come to KC earlier this year (http://www.bangcartoon.com/shorts.htm)

Chiefs Pantalones
01-05-2006, 11:51 PM
Actually I believe you have it backwards Edwards was having his eye on KC about three months ago

Video proof of Herm asking to come to KC earlier this year (http://www.bangcartoon.com/shorts.htm)
ROFL good timing

dj56dt58
01-06-2006, 12:31 AM
ROFL good timing
ROFL ROFL

check out the david carr one...

Logical
01-06-2006, 12:34 AM
If the Chiefs do not provide compensation for Herm Edwards, but Edwards gets fired, I', guessing the Chiefs will get some sort of penalty for tampering. Herm's HC position with the Jets was just fine till all the fire in the media over the situation. Jets will caim that Herm's discontent was strongly due to the Chiefs showing interest in him through various "media outlets". Again, just a guess, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it play out this way.:hmmm: I must admit I could see it happening.