PDA

View Full Version : Jay Glazer on FOX radio: It's done.

chefsos
01-06-2006, 09:22 AM
He's speaking right now. Only one pick, a 4th rounder, for Herm. Chiefs and Herm's agent are negotiating a deal now.

I misspelled Glazer. Damn, I hate that.

siberian khatru
01-06-2006, 09:25 AM
I can live with that. I was hoping nothing higher than a 5, but with it being only one pick ...

The Bad Guy
01-06-2006, 09:26 AM
Hey Frankie,

Better get that letter out fast.

HAHAHA.

jiveturkey
01-06-2006, 09:27 AM
Works for me.

Carl gets the guy that he wants (even if a bunch of you don't want him) and he gets him at an acceptable price.

I hope that Herm and Carl put together an experienced staff that includes the same offensive system.

Rausch
01-06-2006, 09:27 AM
Hey Frankie,

Better get that letter out fast.

HAHAHA.

ROFL

chiefsfan1963
01-06-2006, 09:36 AM
if that's true then not bad given how things are done in the NFL. Tags should have no problem with the deal and we can move on. I would have rather that we give no draft picks but this is certainly a good compromise. I''m sure Jets fans are going to be pissed.

I'm sorry we are not going to give AS the oppportunity to be our HC, but if not him then I can live with Herm. It will be interesting how he and CP will transition this team; maintaining our potent O, improving our D, free agency moves, draft picks, etc......

Mr. Laz
01-06-2006, 09:39 AM
didn't we do that same thing with Vermeil?

ended up paying draft picks in a situation were we could of gotten the coach without paying.

dave0320
The worst-kept secret during this NFL season will soon no longer be a secret.

FOXSports.com has learned that the Kansas City Chiefs and New York Jets have agreed on compensation for Herm Edwards with the Chiefs surrendering a fourth-round pick in this year's draft. As a result, the Chiefs and Edwards' agents are right now hammering out a contract to make Edwards Kansas City's new head coach. Working out a contract appears to be the final hurdle in closing the book on this drama.
The entire fiasco became quite puzzling over the last week or so with Peterson playing his cards very smart in this deal. On Thursday, Edwards told his staff that he would not be returning to the Jets regardless of whether or not he got a deal worked out with the Chiefs. As a result of that, Peterson has known he wouldn't have to give up the farm to get a deal done. Because of how public Edwards' desire to leave had become, Jets GM Terry Bradway was actually lucky to get a fourth-rounder as compensation.

The Peterson-Edwards relationship is a deep one with Peterson having recruited Edwards out of high school, trying to get him to declare to UCLA. It was also Peterson who signed Edwards as an undrafted college free agent with the Eagles in 1977, one year before the Miracle of the Meadowlands when Edwards returned Giants QB Joe Pisarcik's fumble for a game-winning touchdown.

Their relationship continued in Kansas City when Peterson hired Edwards in 1989 and then Peterson hired Marvin Lewis in the same capacity in 1991. Both have since turned into successful head coaches in the league. Edwards was also mentored to coach by Tony Dungy, who the Chiefs DB coach his first three years in Kansas City. Edwards then took over as the Chiefs secondary coach from 1992-1994.

Edwards took the Jets to the playoffs in three of his first four years, but his family life never truly meshed with New York. Rumors that Edwards would end up with the Chiefs began swirling as early as training camp.

mlyonsd
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5225998

The Bad Guy
01-06-2006, 09:40 AM

ended up paying draft picks in a situation were we could of gotten the coach without paying.

But you don't definitely know we could have gotten him for nothing.

The Jets could have rode the thing out as long as possible.

The Chiefs could re-coop a 4th rounder very easily and might even get a compensatory selection. Who knows.

I'm happy. Al was never getting this job - and Herm is the most qualified candidate out there.

Dartgod
01-06-2006, 09:41 AM
I hope he picks someone from the current system (Solari, Shea) to run the O. Then he can focus on fixing our D.

The Bad Guy
01-06-2006, 09:41 AM
Is there anywhere to listen to FoxSports radio online?

The Bad Guy
01-06-2006, 09:42 AM
I hope he picks someone from the current system (Solari, Shea) to run the O. Then he can focus on fixing our D.

I hope he gets someone like Norv Turner and keeps Solari - making him the assistant HC or something.

I don't want Shea. The guy was awful in Chicago. Yeah, I know he had dick to work with, but he had Thomas Jones and a run game that he would commonly abandon to put the ball in Craig Krenzel's hands.

shakesthecat
01-06-2006, 09:43 AM
I like it.

Dartgod
01-06-2006, 09:44 AM
Their relationship continued in Kansas City when Peterson hired Edwards in 1989 and then Peterson hired Marvin Lewis in the same capacity in 1991. Both have since turned into successful head coaches in the league.
I didn't know that Marvin Lewis coached here.

MOhillbilly
01-06-2006, 09:46 AM
As far as im concerned if Glazer says its done its done.

Now we wait and see who Edwards selects as assistants.

Chiefnj
01-06-2006, 09:46 AM
The only thing I'm looking forward to about this is if Edwards brings his running backs coach, Dick Curl, with him. At least I'll get a chuckle out of all the newspaper headlines about Johnson and Dick Curl.

chefsos
01-06-2006, 09:47 AM
Is there anywhere to listen to FoxSports radio online?
Here's where I get it, but you'll get Jim Rome in 10 minutes.
http://www.1290theticket.com/main.html

Rausch
01-06-2006, 09:47 AM
I'm happy. Al was never getting this job - and Herm is the most qualified candidate out there.

Agreed.

The only guy I'd have wanted over him would have been Capers.

I'm happy... :)

Otter
01-06-2006, 09:48 AM
Herman Edwards Head Coach
Herman Edwards

Pro Career: On Jan. 28, 2001, Edwards was named the Jetsí 13th full-time head coach. Edwards previously served as the assistant head coach-defensive backs coach for Tampa Bay (1996-2000).

Last season, Edwards guided the Jets to the postseason for the third time in his four seasons at the helm. He is the only coach in Jets history with three trips to the postseason.

In 2002, the Jets won the AFC East and posted the biggest postseason victory (41-0) in club history. In 2001, he led the Jets to a 10-6 regular-season mark and became the first head coach in team history to make the playoffs in his first season.

Before joining Tampa Bay, Edwards worked for the Kansas City Chiefs for six seasons (1990-95) in several different roles. He began his pro coaching career as a participant of the NFLís Minority Coaching Fellowship program with the Kansas City Chiefs in the summer of 1989.

Career record: 37-32.

Thank God!!! I was afraid we'd win the Super Bowl and not be "in the hunt" anymore (who's the asshat who said that anyway).

Married to mediocrity and feeling tolerable with life.

GO CHIEFS!!!!

Coogs
01-06-2006, 09:48 AM
The only thing I'm looking forward to about this is if Edwards brings his running backs coach, Dick Curl, with him. At least I'll get a chuckle out of all the newspaper headlines about Johnson and Dick Curl.

:LOL:

ptlyon
01-06-2006, 09:49 AM

Thank god his parents didn't call him Jerry...

Mr. Laz
01-06-2006, 09:50 AM
But you don't definitely know we could have gotten him for nothing.

The Jets could have rode the thing out as long as possible.

The Chiefs could re-coop a 4th rounder very easily and might even get a compensatory selection. Who knows.

yea... and we dont' know the sun is really hot either

glad someone's happy.... when Edwards blows another game with his crappy clock management, i get to yell at you.

siberian khatru
Works for me.

Carl gets the guy that he wants (even if a bunch of you don't want him) and he gets him at an acceptable price.

I hope that Herm and Carl put together an experienced staff that includes the same offensive system.

Yep. I realized a few days ago that there was no use fighting it.

There's good arguments on both sides of the Herm issue. Bottom line, this is who Carl wanted and who he got.

I hope they're not stupid/arrogant enough to install a totally new offense. Focus on the defense, pretty much leave the O alone. LJ will be the focus, do play-action passing, be aggressive. It shouldn't be rocket science.

The Bad Guy

Thank God!!! I was afraid we'd win the Super Bowl and not be "in the hunt" anymore (who's the asshat who said that anyway).

GO CHIEFS!!!!

You're right. Signing Herman Edwards automatically disqualifies us from any chance at the Super Bowl.

I'm glad I know this now.

Otter
01-06-2006, 09:51 AM
You're right. Signing Herman Edwards automatically disqualifies us from any chance at the Super Bowl.

After 16 years I'm jaded. Sue me. :D

Bob Dole
01-06-2006, 09:52 AM

Does Tagliabue not exist in your dream world?

picasso
I hope he gets someone like Norv Turner and keeps Solari - making him the assistant HC or something.

I don't want Shea. The guy was awful in Chicago. Yeah, I know he had dick to work with, but he had Thomas Jones and a run game that he would commonly abandon to put the ball in Craig Krenzel's hands.

NO TURNER!!!!! Are you insane? Talk about a bad coach.

Cormac
Agreed.

The only guy I'd have wanted over him would have been Capers.

I'm happy... :)

Capers?

Damn, I'd say it's cold out there on that limb.....

As for the hire, it always looked like it would go that way. I guess Herm can do a decent job IF he continues along in our offensive scheme. If he changes the offense I'll be pissed.

Rausch
01-06-2006, 09:54 AM

Embrace your inner-Titus...

Cormac
01-06-2006, 09:56 AM

Turner is a great OC, a shameful HC. I'd be ecstatic if we brought him in.

Dartgod
NO TURNER!!!!! Are you insane? Talk about a bad head coach.
Fixed your post..

tomahawk kid
I'm elated with Herm for a 4th Rounder.

Carl did a great job on this one. He had them over a barrel and he knew it....

:clap:

siberian khatru

He's been an awful head coach. But he was a very good OC in Dallas running the same kind of offense we have now. And Green played well for him in Washington.

The Bad Guy
01-06-2006, 09:57 AM

Do you know anything about what his resume looks like as a OC?

Didn't think so.

tomahawk kid
01-06-2006, 10:00 AM

Didn't think so.

Exactly.

That whole stint in Dallas was rather unproductive........ :rolleyes:

Rain Man
01-06-2006, 10:06 AM
We treat our draft picks like they're aluminum cans. We throw them away, and then other teams dig them out of our trash and recycle them.

I still despise voluntarily giving up draft picks for Coach A when Coaches B through Z are available for free. That said, I would at least be grateful that we didn't give away higher picks. It annoys me less.

MOhillbilly
01-06-2006, 10:07 AM
Im interested to see if Edwards deal coincides w/ Mr. Petersons deal he will ink in Feb.

Then maybe we can be rid of this love fest once and for all!

ptlyon
01-06-2006, 10:10 AM
We treat our draft picks like they're aluminum cans. We throw them away, and then other teams dig them out of our trash and recycle them.

I still despise voluntarily giving up draft picks for Coach A when Coaches B through Z are available for free. That said, I would at least be grateful that we didn't give away higher picks. It annoys me less.

Quite the analogy! Rep.

Don't make Titus whip out a can of the Lexicon on ya!

milkman
01-06-2006, 10:12 AM

Didn't think so.

While I'm not high on Edwards, Norv Turner with this O-Line, Trent Green, and LJ is highly intriguing.

Frosty
01-06-2006, 10:15 AM
I've been on a real rollercoaster about my feelings on Herm. On the one hand, I hear all about the poor clock management, game day decisions, etc and on the other, I have to think he's a hell of a coach to get an organization as dicked up as the Jets to the playoffs that often. :shrug:

Hey look, I'm psychic (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2946713&postcount=24)

MOhillbilly
While I'm not high on Edwards, Norv Turner with this O-Line, Trent Green, and LJ is highly intriguing.

OK w/ Norv coming in-where does that leave Solari?

Chiefnj
I've got to admit, I'm not excited in the least about Edwards.

I'll have to see who Carl picks for coordinators before I have a final opinion. And, yes, I meant Carl, lets not kid ourselves.

Rausch

Green = Aikman

Gonzo = Wycheck

LJ = Smith

All we need is a legit no 1 WR...

Tuckdaddy
01-06-2006, 10:16 AM
Herm is young and deserves a real shot for a number of years. He's done better that our coaches have recently.

Rausch
01-06-2006, 10:17 AM
Herm is young and deserves a real shot for a number of years. He's done better that our coaches have recently.

Exactly...

Chiefnj
01-06-2006, 10:17 AM
Green = Aikman

Gonzo = Wycheck

LJ = Smith

All we need is a legit no 1 WR...

... a defense and a real head coach.

milkman
01-06-2006, 10:18 AM

Asst HC-O-Line.

jAZ
01-06-2006, 10:21 AM
Asst HC-O-Line.
Saunders' OC?

Mr. Laz
01-06-2006, 10:22 AM
i wouldn't be surprised to see a huge return of our coaching staff from last year.

Edwards is Peterson's Boy

saunders = gone
mike white = gone

everyone else is possible return imo

Mr. Laz
01-06-2006, 10:23 AM
Saunders' OC?
i would imagine we will hear about saunders accepting a head coach job pretty quickly now. He was probably holding out hope that Peterson would give him a shot.

now that's done.

milkman
01-06-2006, 10:24 AM
i would imagine we will hear about saunders accepting a head coach job pretty quickly now. He was probably holding out hope that Peterson would give him a shot.

now that's done.

He'll probably get the Jets HC gig. :)

Rausch
01-06-2006, 10:25 AM

now that's done.

I thought he would have been perfect for the Vikings.

They've got talent on offense...

Mr. Laz
01-06-2006, 10:28 AM
He'll probably get the Jets HC gig. :)
heh

MOhillbilly
01-06-2006, 10:29 AM
I could live w/ Solari as OC as long as Edwards keeps his hands off the play calling.

Edit-meant solari

the Talking Can
01-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Well, I'm not excited about Hermiel at all. He's the safe, mediocre pick.

But at least Carl got the better of Bradway, I guess.

(credit for "Hermeil" goes to 610 radio)

milkman
01-06-2006, 10:39 AM
Well, I'm not excited about Hermiel at all. He's the safe, mediocre pick.

But at least Carl got the better of Bradway, I guess.

(credit for "Hermeil" goes to 610 radio)

Hermeil?

Why?

He's like the anti-Dick.

I like Hermpon better.

the Talking Can
01-06-2006, 10:42 AM
Hermeil?

Why?

He's like the anti-Dick.

I like Hermpon better.

he relates to players just like DV...heart on the sleeve, he's said so himself...

Lzen
01-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Gonzo = Wycheck

Novacek?

milkman
01-06-2006, 10:48 AM
he relates to players just like DV...heart on the sleeve, he's said so himself...

OK, that makes sense.
Thanks.

Rausch
01-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Novacek?

That's what I meant.

We've got Johnston as well in TRich...

penguinz
01-06-2006, 10:49 AM
when Edwards blows another game with his crappy clock management, i get to yell at you.
This is the lamest argument. The Chiefs have always had clock management issues all the was back thru Marty.

siberian khatru
01-06-2006, 10:56 AM

I think Al is smarter than that. He saw the writing on the wall in the men's bathroom. It was Carl's penmanship. Written in feces.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-06-2006, 12:20 PM
I really can't wait for Carl to leave. He deserves to be shot.

WilliamTheIrish
01-06-2006, 12:24 PM
I think Al is smarter than that. He saw the writing on the wall in the men's bathroom. It was Carl's penmanship. Written in feces.

ROFL

I must have gone to HS with a cousin of (hot) Carl's. We had an infamous fecal writer in my HS.

Mecca
01-06-2006, 12:49 PM
Every fan of every team thinks their team sucks at clock management. It's something that everyone bitches about no matter who you are a fan of.

By the way, if Herm wants to bring Donnie Henderson in to be the DC, we'll have to name him the assistant head coach to get him.

tk13
01-06-2006, 12:55 PM
I'll say this, as much as I've been ticked off at him the last week, kudos to Carl. To pull this off for a 4th round pick is unbelievable. He totally played Bradway. If I were a Jets fan I would be absolutely furious that my GM got destroyed like this.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-06-2006, 01:00 PM
I'll say this, as much as I've been ticked off at him the last week, kudos to Carl. To pull this off for a 4th round pick is unbelievable. He totally played Bradway. If I were a Jets fan I would be absolutely furious that my GM got destroyed like this.

If we would've waited, they would've fired Herm. I don't wanna speak too soon, but hopefully Carl won't be able to crack a deal with Herm and his agent, coughcough winkwink, and therefore Herm will get fired. If Carl were a real gem, he'd do that. Giving up a 4th rounder for a guy that hasn't done crap is bad, IMO....

Hopefully we can still get him for free...

Chiefs Pantalones
01-06-2006, 01:01 PM
If we would've waited, they would've fired Herm. I don't wanna speak too soon, but hopefully Carl won't be able to crack a deal with Herm and his agent, coughcough winkwink, and therefore Herm will get fired. If Carl were a real gem, he'd do that. Giving up a 4th rounder for a guy that hasn't done crap is bad, IMO....

Hopefully we don't hire him at all.

Mecca
01-06-2006, 01:02 PM

Because that draft pick of Craphonso Thorpe made the diference this year......

Chiefs Pantalones
01-06-2006, 01:04 PM

It's not my fault Carl can't draft for crap (no pun). Maybe this year we actually have an overall good draft... :)

I know, I know...very unlikely...

milkman
01-06-2006, 01:04 PM

And that Jerrod Allen guy really sucks.

siberian khatru
01-06-2006, 01:05 PM
If we would've waited, they would've fired Herm.

It becomes a game of chicken. The Jets could hold on to him and wait until every coaching vacancy is filled, then fire him and promote an assistant. Is Carl willing to keep his vacancy open indefinitely, waiting for the Jets to blink and hoping that his 2nd choice doesn't get hired elsewhere in the meantime?

Everyone knows Carl wanted Herm. And everyone knows Herm didn't want the Jets, and the Jets didn't want Herm.

A single 4th-round pick is probably the best solution. Lots of Jets fans who hate Herm are royally pissed they only got a 4 for him. Go figure.

All things considered, Carl did fine.

Rausch
01-06-2006, 01:05 PM

At least this year's 4th round pick will be here for 2 years...

tk13
01-06-2006, 01:07 PM

To even do this for just a 4th is amazing. I don't think you realize what previous deals like this have netted.

Gruden was a 4 year head coach with 2 playoff appearances and 2 playoff wins, pretty much the same as Edwards, and he got two #1's, two #2's, and $8 million dollars! We just got a guy with the same qualifications for a 4th round pick. That is insane.

If you screw around and drag this out too long, you risk the Jets running to Tags and saying "fix this!" and then we are screwed. We'd be dead. I don't mind it, I think Carl should've taken that deal and ran, and he did. The longer we screwed around the more likely it was Tagliabue stuck his head in there, saw that we were totally ripping them off compared to previous coach/draft pick trades, and punished us hard.

Frosty
I think the Chiefs had to give up something, just to keep Tags out of it. If the Chiefs had backed out and then hired him after the Jets fired him, I'm positive Tags would have swooped in, claiming tampering and the payout would have been higher.

I'm not thrilled with the 4th, but it could have been a lot worse.

Mecca
And that Jerrod Allen guy really sucks.

That's one, I was playing law of averages.

siberian khatru
01-06-2006, 01:08 PM
Yeah, I had forgotten the Tags angle. That's not to be messed with.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-06-2006, 01:09 PM
It becomes a game of chicken. The Jets could hold on to him and wait until every coaching vacancy is filled, then fire him and promote an assistant. Is Carl willing to keep his vacancy open indefinitely, waiting for the Jets to blink and hoping that his 2nd choice doesn't get hired elsewhere in the meantime?

Everyone knows Carl wanted Herm. And everyone knows Herm didn't want the Jets, and the Jets didn't want Herm.

A single 4th-round pick is probably the best solution. Lots of Jets fans who hate Herm are royally pissed they only got a 4 for him. Go figure.

All things considered, Carl did fine.

Carl has ran this organization into the ground, we've been beating our heads against the wall since 98. When Carl said this contract, a whole 4 year contract, would be his last one, I almost puked because he should just retire this year and not make things any worse...

But what are ya gonna do... :) Can't really do anything about it, so hopefully we have a good 4 years of mediocrity instead of a bad 4 years of mediocrity...hehe

Rausch
01-06-2006, 01:10 PM
To even do this for just a 4th is amazing. I don't think you realize what previous deals like this have netted.

Gruden was a 4 year head coach with 2 playoff appearances and 2 playoff wins, pretty much the same as Edwards, and he got two #1's, two #2's, and $8 million dollars! We just got a guy with the same qualifications for a 4th round pick. That is insane.

If you screw around and drag this out too long, you risk the Jets running to Tags and saying "fix this!" and then we are screwed. We'd be dead. I don't mind it, I think Carl should've taken that deal and ran, and he did. The longer we screwed around the more likely it was Tagliabue stuck his head in there, saw that we were totally ripping them off compared to previous coach/draft pick trades, and punished us hard.

And on top of that FA's don't want to sign with a team without knowing who the HC is, who the DC is, etc.

We can now hit the ground running after the season's over...

Chiefs Pantalones
01-06-2006, 01:12 PM
And who knows...we may actually win ONE playoff game these next 4 years, granted the main thing is going to and winning the Super Bowl, with Carl I am forced and all us Chiefs fans are forced to settle for little victories like making the playoffs and winning ONE game, if that...

BigChiefFan
01-06-2006, 03:04 PM
Herm Edwards is a damn good coach. Giving up a 4th rounder for the coach that you want is peanuts. I'm very pleased with the move. Edwards is a passionate coach and a good leader. I think he will hold players accountable as well. Good move, Carl.

MOhillbilly
01-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Herm Edwards is a damn good coach. Giving up a 4th rounder for the coach that you want is peanuts. I'm very pleased with the move. Edwards is a passionate coach and a good leader. I think he will hold players accountable as well. Good move, Carl.

There will be lots of veterans leave in the next couple of years on offense,and i dont believe that Edwards has the sand or grit to A)mould young draft picks into consistent preformers and B) take the goofballs in KC now and lean on the hard enough to get them to play at a higher level than Vermiel.

Rausch
01-06-2006, 03:44 PM
There will be lots of veterans leave in the next couple of years on offense,and i dont believe that Edwards has the sand or grit to A)mould young draft picks into consistent preformers and B) take the goofballs in KC now and lean on the hard enough to get them to play at a higher level than Vermiel.

B won't be very hard to pull off at all...

BigChiefFan
01-06-2006, 03:46 PM
There will be lots of veterans leave in the next couple of years on offense,and i dont believe that Edwards has the sand or grit to A)mould young draft picks into consistent preformers and B) take the goofballs in KC now and lean on the hard enough to get them to play at a higher level than Vermiel. Edwards definitely has the determination and grit to get the job done. He made a team as a rookie FREE AGENT and then continued to start for 135 starts. He's a player's coach and most respect him because he played first hand and knows what it takes to make it in the NFL.

Herman Edwards was named head coach of the New York Jet's in January of 2001. The former standout defensive back earned the reputation as an excellent communicator and one of the best teachers of the game during his years as assistant head coach/defensive backfield coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1996-2000). As a collegiate player, Edwards began his college career at the University of California, playing there in 1972 and 1974, earning Pac-8 (now Pac-10) honors and setting a Golden Bears record with four interceptions in one game. During the 1973 season, Edwards played at Monterey Peninsula JC, before playing his senior season at San Diego State and graduating with a bachelor's degree in criminal justice. Following his collegiate career, Edwards played ten seasons in the NFL, including nine with Philadelphia (1977-85) after signing as a rookie free agent. Edwards started his first preseason game at cornerback and proceeded to start the next 135 regular season games over his stellar Eagle career. Edward's career was highlighted by second team All-NFC selections in 1980 and 1982, and a Super Bowl XV appearance versus the Raiders. He departed Philadelphia with a 33 career interceptions, including five in the postseason, which currently ranks second behind Bill Bradley and Eric Allen for the team-record of 34. Edwards' played in four games for Los Angeles Rams and three for the Atlanta Falcons before announcing his retirement in 1986. While with Tampa Bay, Edwards and the Buccaneers' secondary implemented a youth enrichment program called "Focus and Finish," encouraging high school athletes to excel in academics, athletics and as citizens in their communities through volunteering, tutoring and mentoring. Edwards and his wife, Lia have also hosted the Herman Edwards Football Camp for underprivileged children in the Monterey Peninsula for the past six years and they hope to run a similar camp in the New York area. Edwards and Lia have one son, Marcus, who is currently a student-athlete (wide receiver) at the University of South Florida.

MOhillbilly
01-06-2006, 03:51 PM
that doesnt mean anything- this team needs a prison warden not a glee club camp counselor.

Rausch
01-06-2006, 03:52 PM
that doesnt mean anything- this team needs a prison warden not a glee club camp counselor.

Herm is a ****ing hardass.

I have no idea where you get any other impression...

Mecca
01-06-2006, 03:54 PM

Because if players don't hate you like Tom Coughlin you aren't a hardass you're their buddy........ :spock:

MOhillbilly
01-06-2006, 03:55 PM

the whole heart on his sleave. Lets his emotions get the better of him in press conferences is all gushy about players.

Sounds like more of the same.

MOhillbilly
01-06-2006, 03:55 PM
Because if players don't hate you like Tom Coughlin you aren't a hardass you're their buddy........ :spock:

Fear and Respect go hand in hand.

Barret
01-06-2006, 03:57 PM
I was reading in one of the other portions of this thread this fact....

Edwards then took over as the Chiefs secondary coach from 1992-1994.

Shouldnt this be a good thing to iron out the difficulties that the secondary has had the past several years?? Cant we expect to see Bartee and Mccleon getting yanked off this team at the soonest feasable time?? Or at least made to go down to the local walmart to get water for the rest of the team during the game?

I am still cautiously concerned about this Head coaching pick up but I think we need to wait and see what coordinators he will have and also what is going to happen in the draft and FA. After that we can then predict if the whole house is burning down or what not.

sedated
01-06-2006, 03:59 PM
Not a bad deal for the jets

they get a 4th rounder for a coach they were gonna fire anyway.

where did they get their GM?

RINGLEADER
01-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Herman Edwards Head Coach
Herman Edwards

Pro Career: On Jan. 28, 2001, Edwards was named the Jetsí 13th full-time head coach. Edwards previously served as the assistant head coach-defensive backs coach for Tampa Bay (1996-2000).

Last season, Edwards guided the Jets to the postseason for the third time in his four seasons at the helm. He is the only coach in Jets history with three trips to the postseason.

In 2002, the Jets won the AFC East and posted the biggest postseason victory (41-0) in club history. In 2001, he led the Jets to a 10-6 regular-season mark and became the first head coach in team history to make the playoffs in his first season.

Before joining Tampa Bay, Edwards worked for the Kansas City Chiefs for six seasons (1990-95) in several different roles. He began his pro coaching career as a participant of the NFLís Minority Coaching Fellowship program with the Kansas City Chiefs in the summer of 1989.

GO CHIEFS!!!!

Yeah, and he was 33-20 before last season...I don't think he's the best coach in the world, but that stat is very misleading (and that's before you throw out the fact that he was playing with half his team on IR)...