PDA

View Full Version : Kcnut confirms it in writing..

Bootlegged
01-06-2006, 10:51 AM
Chiefs Land Their Man

Family affair as prodigal son returns to KC. By Nick Athan
Publisher
Date: Jan 5, 2006

After months of speculation, rumors and conjecture, the New York Jets cancelled their year end press conference on Thursday morning thus fueling reports that they are officially searching for a new head coach. Thatís because their old coach Herman Edwards could be announced as the Kansas City Chiefs new head coach sometime in the next several days.

According to report from Fox Sports.com Jay Glazer the NFL has approved draft compensation between the New York Jets and Kansas City Chiefs that sets the stage that would allow the Chiefs to hire Herman Edwards.

The report indicates that the Kansas City Chiefs will send a 2006 4th round draft pick to the New York Jets for the rights to negotiate a contract with Herman Edwards agent Gary Oí Hagan. Warpaint Illustrated has learned from a Chiefs official that if Kansas City and Edwards representatives canít work out a deal that the team would not be obligated to trade the fourth round pick to the New York Jets.

Edwards, who has two years remaining on his contract, reportedly settled the balance of his contract with the Jets after a heated exchange where he left the New York Jets complex on Thursday evening. Reportedly he told his coaching staff that he would no longer be coaching the Jets and informed several of his players. With that action the Chiefs and Jets began negotiations to settle compensation.

Itís not known if the Jets or the Chiefs made concessions to resolve the balance of his contract or the Chiefs offered some financial concessions to swing the deal. Regardless, Edwards is expected to sign a new deal with the Chiefs that should tie him to Kansas City through the 2009 or 2010 season.

Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson has already interviewed a pair of potential head coaching including current offensive coordinator Al Saunders. He has also interviewed Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator Jim Fassel this past Tuesday and was hoping to interview former Cleveland Browns Head Coach Butch Davis. Instead Thursday afternoon he met with Indianapolis Colts defensive coordinator Ron Mix.

Another prospective candidate was Oklahoma Sooners Head Coach Bob Stoops but he withdrew his name from consideration for the Chiefs job and other NFL jobs late Wednesday afternoon. It is believed that Stoops and Peterson talked on Wednesday but the Oklahoma coach didnít show enough interest in the Chiefs job to jump to the NFL. Reports have surfaced that the only NFL job outside of the Chiefs he would consider is the one in Dallas. Stoops is rumored to be very good friends with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.

As soon as Stoops was eliminated from the Chiefs prospective coaching list, they quickly turned to the Jets to try and secure the rights to Edwards. After some intense exchanges, showmanship and tough negotiations that spanned two days, the two sides finally worked out a deal. Though talks were heated at times, both sides understood that the best way to resolve the compensation conflict was to make sure that Edwards had an interest in the Kansas City job. After leaving the Jets complex last night, it was clear that the New York had to make the deal.

Edwards will take over for his friend and mentor Dick Vermeil who officially retired on Tuesday afternoon. In his final weekly press conference Vermeil told reporters that he thought Edwards deserved ĎCoach of the Yearí honors for the way his team played in 2005 after facing one adversity after another.

Rumors of this deal began to surface early Wednesday afternoon when several news agencies picked up our report early Tuesday evening that the two sides began talking compensation for Edwards. But things really took flight when former New Orleans Saints Head Coach Jim Haslett was contacted by New York Jets officials about interviewing for a coaching position with the AFC East team.

Itís not known what coaches Edwards will bring with him to Kansas City but one option is defensive coordinator Donnie Henderson. However, heís expected to interview with the New Orleans Saints this week. But a league source tells us that the interview with the Saints may be a token one and they believe heíll follow Edwards to Kansas City. The Jets are expected to interview current New York offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger and Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator to head coach Jim Fassel as soon as Friday. However itís possible that Edwards could bring both Heimerdinger and Henderson to Kansas City with him provided a contract gets worked out.

If Henderson comes to Kansas City; itís not known if heíll take a position job with the Chiefs or become the teams new defensive coordinator. Chiefs President Carl Peterson said Tuesday after Dick Vermeilís retirement press conference that the next head coach would choose his own staff.

That means current defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham might not get a new contract for 2006 and beyond nor could any of the other defensive coaches whose contract all run out at the end of January.

On offense it appears very unlikely that Al Saunders will return as the Chiefs offensive coordinator. Saunders has already interviewed with the Minnesota Vikings and will talk with the Houston Texans on Thursday and is scheduled to be in Detroit on Saturday for an interview with the Lions. Itís believed that Saunders is the front-runner for the Detroit vacancy.

Peterson will likely suggest to Edwards that he keep both offensive line coach Mike Solari and quarterbacks coach Terry Shea. Each could also be a candidate to become the Chiefs next offensive coordinator. They above any two offensive coaches remaining from Dick Vermeilís staff understand the Chiefs high powered offense. It would be wise for Edwards to keep both coaches so the offense can maintain some continuity.

But with so many head coaching vacancies available in the NFL right now, it might take a month before Edwards can put together his own coaching staff in Kansas City.

For the Chiefs they were very diligent in their head coaching search and they stuck to their guns. They landed the coach they really wanted knowing they could pick and choose from any candidate. They each knew that the Chiefs job was the premier coaching gig in the NFL after the siege of Black Monday.

Now all Edwards has to do is take this talented team and get the most out of them every snap of the ball for sixteen regular season games.

The Bad Guy
01-06-2006, 10:52 AM
I wonder if Nick learned how to effectively use a comma from that Sally Struther's at-home degree program?

SPchief
01-06-2006, 10:56 AM
Chiefs Land Their Man

Publisher

The report indicates that the Kansas City Chiefs will send a 2006 4th round draft pick to the New York Jets for the rights to negotiate a contract with Herman Edwards agent Gary Oí Hagan. Warpaint Illustrated has learned from a Chiefs official that if Kansas City and Edwards representatives canít work out a deal that the team would not be obligated to trade the fourth round pick to the New York Jets.

That is some good inside information right there. If they can't work out the deal, they don't have to give up the pick. good reporting right there.

Nick Athan
01-06-2006, 10:57 AM
I wonder if Nick learned how to effectively use a comma from that Sally Struther's at-home degree program?

Yes; I did... and I also percipitate in her Feed the People progam.

4th and Long
01-06-2006, 10:59 AM
You rain in her Feed the People Program?

wutamess
01-06-2006, 11:01 AM
I guess my source was correct.
Solari is in line to be the next OC.

the Talking Can
01-06-2006, 11:03 AM
is this a real article or a parody?

4th and Long
01-06-2006, 11:03 AM
You can kiss some of the vets goodbye.

luv
01-06-2006, 11:04 AM
You rain in her Feed the People Program?
That would be precipitate.

4th and Long
01-06-2006, 11:07 AM
That would be precipitate.
I need glasses. Could sworn it said precipitate. In any event, percipitate is still inaccurate. Participate, maybe, but not percipitate. :shake:

Fire Me Boy!
01-06-2006, 11:08 AM
:bended knee, praying: God... dear God. Please. Please give Nick Athan a copy editor. Teach him how to use words correctly. Teach him proper grammar and punctuation -- including commas and apostrophes -- and teach him that commas and semi-colons are not interchangeable.

And thank you for your blessings. Amen. :/bended knee, praying:

joesomebody
01-06-2006, 11:09 AM
I'm by no means an NFL expert, but why are we so ready to allow Herm to bring with him his coordinators? I realize his team had injury problems, but didn't they end up 4 and 12?

Fire Me Boy!
01-06-2006, 11:11 AM
If this is the real Nick Athan, I have a question: how do you sleep at night charging people for that? I mean, really... for $99 a year for every premium member, I'd think you could AT LEAST afford a spell checker.

shaneo69
01-06-2006, 11:11 AM
Chiefs Land Their Man

Publisher

Rumors of this deal began to surface early Wednesday afternoon when several news agencies picked up our report early Tuesday evening that the two sides began talking compensation for Edwards.

huddleclubkid gets another scoop. This guy is amazing.

B_Ambuehl
01-06-2006, 11:12 AM

I wouldn't count on that. The following quote from that article is likely based on speculation taken from message boards

Peterson will likely suggest to Edwards that he keep both offensive line coach Mike Solari and quarterbacks coach Terry Shea. Each could also be a candidate to become the Chiefs next offensive coordinator. They above any two offensive coaches remaining from Dick Vermeilís staff understand the Chiefs high powered offense. It would be wise for Edwards to keep both coaches so the offense can maintain some continuity.

the Talking Can
01-06-2006, 11:16 AM
huddleclubkid gets another scoop. This guy is amazing.

yeah, they're great at confirming Jay Glazer's scoops...

seriously, we know exactly what the premium WPI members know...Edwards is our coach...only we didn't pay for that information or for the insulting article-written-by-retard...

Fire Me Boy!
01-06-2006, 11:22 AM
yeah, they're great at confirming Jay Glazer's scoops...

seriously, we know exactly what the premium WPI members know...Edwards is our coach...only we didn't pay for that information or for the insulting article-written-by-retard...
I just wanted to point out you misspelled retart.

the Talking Can
01-06-2006, 11:23 AM
I just wanted to point out you misspelled retart.

are you calling me a moran?

tomahawk kid
01-06-2006, 11:26 AM
As long as Solari, Shea or someone familiar with the offense becomes OC, I think Shields and Roaf will return.

Just my gut there.......

milkman
01-06-2006, 11:47 AM
is this a real article or a parody?

There's a difference?

milkman
01-06-2006, 11:48 AM

Your and idiot!

jspchief
01-06-2006, 12:14 PM
Instead Thursday afternoon he met with Indianapolis Colts defensive coordinator Ron Mix.
Didn't Ron Mix coach Erasmus Jones in college?

OnTheWarpath58
01-06-2006, 12:21 PM
Not sure who the hell Ron Mix is......

I would think for $99/year from your premium members, you could hire someone to tell you that Indianapolis' Defensive Coordinator is

RON MEEKS.

milkman
01-06-2006, 12:21 PM
For the Chiefs they were very diligent in their head coaching search

I'm confused.

Is "diligent" synonymous with "wearing blinders"?

Cormac
01-06-2006, 12:22 PM
I'm confused.

Is "diligent" synonymous with "wearing blinders"?

LOL

Nick Athan
01-06-2006, 12:47 PM
I just wanted to let you guys know that; you have heart my feelings. We at www.warfieldillustrated.com try are best to bring you the bestest Chiefs coverage in town. This is why are Chiefs organzation confiedes in are organzation with press passes, the only ones that do, by the way.

thank you very much.

KCTitus
01-06-2006, 01:07 PM
Im just curious, doesnt CP have a policy against posting 'premium content' like this from other websites?

You know, there are people that paid 80 bucks for this kind of inside information and here we are just giving it away for free.

I think some self reflection is in order for you, Lattimer.

Bootlegged
01-06-2006, 01:12 PM
Im just curious, doesnt CP have a policy against posting 'premium content' like this from other websites?

You know, there are people that paid 80 bucks for this kind of inside information and here we are just giving it away for free.

I think some self reflection is in order for you, Lattimer.

I'm all for self reflections...I'm one sexy bitch.

Elvus
01-06-2006, 01:16 PM
All I can say is I hope everyone is wrong and this entire Herm Edwards thing is a big joke.... The guy is a huge :o)

KCTitus
01-06-2006, 01:19 PM
All I can say is I hope everyone is wrong and this entire Herm Edwards thing is a big joke.... The guy is a huge :o)

I realize you're new to this, but the template is that you're supposed to 'hope you're wrong' all the while making grandiose predictions of how this will be the worst move for the franchise since Carl drafted Blackledge.

Reaper16
01-06-2006, 01:20 PM
ROFL

Frankie
01-06-2006, 01:29 PM
...itís possible that Edwards could bring both Heimerdinger and Henderson to Kansas City with him... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Fire Me Boy!
01-06-2006, 01:30 PM
No... and I don't think you're retarted.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-06-2006, 01:33 PM
Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson has already interviewed a pair of potential head coaching including current offensive coordinator Al Saunders. He has also interviewed Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator Jim Fassel this past Tuesday and was hoping to interview former Cleveland Browns Head Coach Butch Davis. Instead Thursday afternoon he met with Indianapolis Colts defensive coordinator Ron Mix.

This paragraph is pretty much copied and pasted from the cbs article, I'm pretty sure. It's not illegal though because Athan put his little touch at the end with the "Ron Mix."

Elvus
01-06-2006, 01:37 PM
I realize you're new to this, but the template is that you're supposed to 'hope you're wrong' all the while making grandiose predictions of how this will be the worst move for the franchise since Carl drafted Blackledge.

I may be new to these forums, but new to "this", sorry, but no. I am by no means an expert on NFL coaches. But looking at Herm Edwards record in 5 years with the Jets, a major market NFL team, leaves me with less than happy thoughts.

As far as predictions go, I'll make none. I just think they should have kept Saunders. My opinion and nothing more, no "grandiose predictions" or anything else. No template needed.

One more thing Titus... since you're so quick to jump on my opinions. Here's a little fact for you. Blackledge was not drafted by Carl. :clap:

Chiefs Pantalones
01-06-2006, 01:38 PM
One more thing Titus... since you're so quick to jump on my opinions. Here's a little fact for you. Blackledge was not drafted by Carl. :clap:

He's already beaten you. ROFL

Phobia
01-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Titus your and idiot.

KCTitus
01-06-2006, 01:45 PM
...As far as predictions go, I'll make none. I just think they should have kept Saunders. My opinion and nothing more, no "grandiose predictions" or anything else. No template needed.

You're not going to be a genious (chiefsplanet spelling) if you dont follow the template. Stick around, you'll learn.

Elvus
01-06-2006, 01:52 PM
OK Titus... what do you mean by template? Are you talking about the forum thread?

LOL, whatever you mean, all I wanted to get across is my huge disappointment with Carl's decision to even consider Edwards for the HC job.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-06-2006, 01:54 PM
OK Titus... what do you mean by template? Are you talking about the forum thread?

LOL, whatever you mean, all I wanted to get across is my huge disappointment with Carl's decision to even consider Edwards for the HC job.

He means no harm, it's a Lexicon.

He'll teach you. If you want to learn, that is.

First you have to go to the nearest mountain, at the bottom you will find a rare blue flower...bring it to him...

SPchief
01-06-2006, 01:56 PM

If you learn the lexicon, the force will be strong with you

KCTitus
01-06-2006, 01:58 PM

The genious (chiefsplanet spelling) template, of course. Sorry, I was making an inside joke. You'll get it after a while.

Seriously though, Im sorry you're disappointed. I'll save my disappointment for a time where there's reason to be disappointed.

KCTitus
01-06-2006, 02:01 PM
Did someone say Lexicon?

Elvus, here it is. Study up, there will be a quiz on Monday.

1. Pissed Away - Any draft pick traded by KC
2. Wasted/Reach - Any draft pick used by KC to select a player
3. QBOTF - Any QB taken in the first 5 rounds of the draft, by any NFL franchise other than KC.
4. QB Bust - Any QB taken in any round of the draft by KC
5. Draft pick 'value' chart - A ruse by Carl planted in the media to 'justify' the Ryan Sims trade up in 2002.
6. Waste of Cap Dollars - Any FA that KC picks up
7. Cap Friendly Contract - Any contract signed by a FA to an NFL Franchise other than KC
8. Overpaid - Any trade, FA, draft pick signing made by KC
9. Good Cap Mgmt - Any trade, FA, draft pick signing made by any NFL franchise other than KC
10. Blind Homer - Any Chiefs fan that finds any 'good' value in any FA, draft pick, trade that KC makes. Can also include those who celebrate Chiefs victories during a losing season.
11. High on Pot/Heroine/Crack... - See Blind Homer.
12. The System - the reason why high quality players are cut from KC in favor of 'Waste of Cap Dollars' FA's or 'Wastes/Reaches'
13. High Profile College Prospects - Undrafted Free Agents that were not signed by KC
14. College Nobodies - Undrafted Free Agents signed by KC
15. gloom, despair, agony on me - a thread bemoaning the end of the upcoming KC season that's over 3-9 months away or just prior to the seasons start.
16. Dont question my fandom! - the flame war that ensues after a blind homer/High on Crack/Pot/Heroine posts in a 'gloom, despair, agony on me' thread.
17. Agressive-win now approach - When any other NFL franchise other than KC signs a veteran FA.
18. Short-sighted - When KC signs a veteran FA.
19. NFL Caliber Talent - something KC does not have, especially at 'key' positions, that all other NFL Franchises are teeming with.
20. Get Lucky - What caused FA, draft pick, traded player to have a 'good' season. b) Could also be the cause of a playoff win or SB win.
21. Good Season - Something that doesnt happen to the KC franchise.
22. Moron - Any of the numerous members of the Chiefs organization. Examples include: Dick Vermiel and Carl Peterson. b)Can also be used to identify a blind homer in a gloom, despair, agony on me thread. For added emphasis, this term is typically misspelled as 'Moran'
23. Winning the Lottery- What happens if a coach or player currently with KC had played in and won the SB with a another NFL franchise. This term will also be used to describe a KC SB winning season. See also 'Get Lucky'
24. The Profile - A mythical paradigm usually used as an excuse by the Chief's front office as a reason for not signing an impact free agent in their continued attempt to keep the team mediocre and fill the seats of Arrowhead stadium.
25. Prolific Success - KC going .500 with Gunther and Stooges or Marty
26. Decent Contract Offer - A contract not offered by Carl to sign a player in time for Training Camp. See Also Overpaid
27. Attempting to get better - Any FA signing by any NFL club other than KC. See also Agressive-win now approach
28. Minion/Cannon Fodder - See Blind Homer.
29. Valid Rumor - Any speculation on how Carl Peterson almost screwed up a draft pick/trade/FA Acquisition.

Elvus
01-06-2006, 02:20 PM
I see.

So in this case the assumption I made was a Valid Rumor.

Thanks for the help.

Edwards is still a moran. :D

Frankie
01-06-2006, 08:25 PM
I see.

So in this case the assumption I made was a Valid Rumor.

Thanks for the help.

Edwards is still a moran. :D
BY GEORGE SHE'S GOT IT!!... BY GEORGE SHE'S GOT IT!!...

Now once again.... We-re does it rain?!

Ultra Peanut
01-06-2006, 08:29 PM
#44 Illustrated reminds me of the Commercial Appeal claiming they "broke" the Albert Means slave-trading story when the Louisville Courier-Journal did all of the work and got it out before them.

Tribal Warfare
01-06-2006, 08:43 PM
Titus you forgot

Balanced Offense and Defense- This involves the tragic struggle of maintaining both equally with potent effeciency, But Carl runs the team so it's just a pipe dream

shaneo69
01-06-2006, 08:46 PM
If I didn't know better, I'd think that somebody that works for Athan wrote this article with Athan's byline to make him look like an idiot.

Ron Mix = former Charger offensive line great from the 1960's

the Talking Can
01-06-2006, 09:10 PM

well played, sir...

Fire Me Boy!
01-06-2006, 09:12 PM
BY GEORGE SHE'S GOT IT!!... BY GEORGE SHE'S GOT IT!!...

Now once again.... Where does it rain?!
IN SPAIN! IN SPAIN!

the Talking Can
01-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Nick Athan is the old lady. The English language is the guy in the white shirt.

http://www.shobudo.co.za/images/Groin_Kick.jpg

Frankie
01-06-2006, 09:44 PM
IN SPAIN! IN SPAIN!
Psst,.... actually it's "In the plain!.. In the Plain!"

milkman
01-06-2006, 11:18 PM

http://www.tradedforwheat.com/meshugenah/images/fantasy.gif

Oh.....wait......that's the plane, the plane.

Never mind.

Fire Me Boy!
01-07-2006, 03:15 PM
Damn... you're right.

and WHERE'S THAT BLASTED PLAIN?

Frankie
01-07-2006, 06:06 PM
Damn... you're right.

and WHERE'S THAT BLASTED PLAIN
IN SPAIN! IN SPAIN!

BY GEORGE YOU GOT IT!!..BY GEORGE YOU GOT IT!!..