PDA

View Full Version : Poll: If Herm is the new Chiefs HC will he take them to the playoffs next season?

mlyonsd
01-06-2006, 02:35 PM
Knowing what you know now....which is squat.

ptlyon
01-06-2006, 02:36 PM
What do you think?

jAZ
01-06-2006, 02:37 PM
I think the poll is missing.

mlyonsd
01-06-2006, 02:39 PM
I think the poll is missing.

Easy there chopper.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-06-2006, 02:40 PM
No.

We're gonna stand pat on defense, and on offense.

Donger
01-06-2006, 02:43 PM
I'm no football expert, but I do remember what happened when Gunther came back. People had lofty expectations without player upgrades.

I fail to see, sans player upgrades/changes for the positive, any reason why Edwards will make any difference.

mlyonsd
01-06-2006, 02:43 PM
What do you think?

I used that old Chief mentality by voting no so if I'm wrong I'm not disappointed.

Mecca
01-06-2006, 02:44 PM
I say yes because Herms good with veteran players. We just won 10 games and that is generally good enough to get you in.

ptlyon
01-06-2006, 02:45 PM
I used that old Chief mentality by voting no so if I'm wrong I'm not disappointed.

Exactly. ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones
01-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Talent wins games, IMO, not coaches. With the exception of Marty and his disciples.:)

SLAG
01-06-2006, 02:49 PM
I for see another one and done

Garcia Bronco
01-06-2006, 02:51 PM
I think it's too early to tell...it all depends on what players stay or go.

jAZ
01-06-2006, 02:53 PM
Easy there chopper.
Maybe I'm the only one that saw this, but I saw a thread that said "Poll: ..." and the thread starting post.

(normally this means a poll is coming)

But I also saw that there was a 2nd post already by the threads starter, and still no poll.

I took that to mean that the poll box failed to get checked and we were dealing with a error or some kind.

But then once I posted my reply and the page reloaded, the poll was there.

:shrug:

ptlyon
01-06-2006, 03:04 PM
Maybe I'm the only one that saw this, but I saw a thread that said "Poll: ..." and the thread starting post.

(normally this means a poll is coming)

But I also saw that there was a 2nd post already by the threads starter, and still no poll.

I took that to mean that the poll box failed to get checked and we were dealing with a error or some kind.

But then once I posted my reply and the page reloaded, the poll was there.

:shrug:

You have to create a thread before making it a poll. Just another CP oddity.

philfree
01-06-2006, 03:18 PM
I'm no football expert, but I do remember what happened when Gunther came back. People had lofty expectations without player upgrades.

I fail to see, sans player upgrades/changes for the positive, any reason why Edwards will make any difference.

This team has lot's of talent. Heck we just won 10 games with a brutal schedule. We have it a little easier in 2006 it appears and we have our team and systems in place. Yeah another player or two won't hurt but we are a good team as it stands.

PhilFree:arrow:

Garcia Bronco
01-06-2006, 03:20 PM
I really do think that Herm can guide a vet team with a ton of talent...but if players leave and they change the offense....you've got to many unknowns to get excited.

ChiefFripp
01-06-2006, 03:40 PM
We'll be the basement dwellers of the AFCW next season. Oakland will get revenge on us twice next season, in short, the sky is falling.

Calcountry
01-06-2006, 03:41 PM
I say yes because Herms good with veteran players. We just won 10 games and that is generally good enough to get you in.btw, you were going to explain something to me after the Rose Bowl.

Calcountry
01-06-2006, 03:43 PM
I really do think that Herm can guide a vet team with a ton of talent...but if players leave and they change the offense....you've got to many unknowns to get excited.Well, that makes me feel better. You Bronco fans sure know your football better than anyone else. After all, Denver has won way more playoff games than us. So what would we know about football anyway? :D

Frazod
01-06-2006, 03:46 PM
Well, he's won more playoff games with the Jets than Dick did with the Chiefs, so I guess that's a step in the right direction.

And perhaps he's bright enough to realize McCleon and Warfield SUCK. If he isn't, we can't blame senility.

I really have no opinion. It's done, and I have no control over it. So let's just see what happens.

And we do have about SEVEN MONTHS until the season starts. :deevee:

phxchief
01-06-2006, 03:49 PM
I really do think that Herm can guide a vet team with a ton of talent...but if players leave and they change the offense....you've got to many unknowns to get excited.

Unknowns (and some known negatives) got Bronco fans excited and look how that turned out.

phxchief
01-06-2006, 03:50 PM
We'll be the basement dwellers of the AFCW next season. Oakland will get revenge on us twice next season, in short, the sky is falling.

Sean Salisbury could coach KC to at least a home win vs Oakland. Don't get silly now.

banyon
01-06-2006, 03:55 PM
The reason the Chiefs will make the playoffs next year is

Baltimore
Cincinnati
San Francisco
Seattle
Jacksonville

Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Arizona
St. Louis
Miami

jAZ
01-06-2006, 03:58 PM
You have to create a thread before making it a poll. Just another CP oddity.
Oh wait! I just realized that the thread was started by mlyonsd and the first response was from ptlyon.
Not the same person.

Nevermind!
http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2005/02/18/inside-snl-radner.jpg

jAZ
01-06-2006, 03:59 PM

Baltimore
Cincinnati
San Francisco
Seattle
Jacksonville

Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Arizona
St. Louis
Miami
That's a superbowl-friendly type schedule.

jAZ
01-06-2006, 04:00 PM
That's a superbowl-friendly type schedule.
Though I do expect all of those bolded teams to be improved from this year.

NaptownChief
01-06-2006, 04:06 PM

Baltimore
Cincinnati
San Francisco
Seattle
Jacksonville

Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Arizona
St. Louis
Miami

Looks good now but very tough if not impossible to predict how it will look next year when it comes around. Same reason MNF had so many horrible matchups this year on TV despite attempting to stack the lineup with the best match up each week. Good teams become really bad quickly and good coaches like Lovie Smith can turn around bad teams very quickly.

CHIEFJW
01-06-2006, 04:09 PM
You have to think Herm's addition is a plus he was an all pro D-Back, and what's our major weakness on defense D-back play or lack there of.

JBucc
01-06-2006, 04:09 PM
I say yes, but not necessarily because of Herm, moreso because of LJ getting to start every game, and hopefully the Defense improving some and getting a good DT/DE.

siberian khatru
01-06-2006, 04:11 PM
Might as well start preparing yourselves now: We're going to be 13-3.

el borracho
01-06-2006, 04:15 PM
As long as we stay healthy we should stay competetive. There is a lot of talent on this team in Green, Johnson, Gonzalez and the Oline and in Allen, the linebackers and both cornerbacks.

Hydrae
01-06-2006, 04:16 PM
Just based on schedule I expect us to be in the playoffs next year regardless of who is the coach.

chiefsfan1963
01-06-2006, 04:36 PM
Vermiel set this team up for any coach to come in and reach the playoffs in his first year! Thank you DV!

Herm should be able to accomplish this. I would have rather had AS, but I'm fine with CP's decision to go with Herm.

I'm happy that we still have 7 draft picks!

listopencil
01-06-2006, 04:54 PM
I say yes, but not necessarily because of Herm, moreso because of LJ getting to start every game, and hopefully the Defense improving some and getting a good DT/DE.

Yep. I can see Edwards sticking with LJ and your team improving because of it.

mike_b_284
01-06-2006, 05:02 PM
I have a feeling next year will be dismal. Except LJ will set single season rushing yards and TD records, singlehandedly giving us the best statistical offense in the nfl. We still will go 8 - 8

MGRS13
01-06-2006, 06:07 PM
Wow....more blind faith. I remember at the begining of this year everyone saying we are in the playoffs this year no doubt. That being said I had us at 6-10 so I too was wrong but come on, unless Herm brings ty law and Jon abraham with him and gets willie and will to stay for one more year we will not make the playoffs.

JazzzLovr
01-06-2006, 06:15 PM
Might as well start preparing yourselves now: We're going to be 13-3.

Oh great... Frazod is going to hunt you down and shoot your refrigerator for saying something like that.

:D

Count Alex's Wins
01-06-2006, 07:09 PM
Germ guarantees us nothing.

I'll wait and see who his assistant coaches are before making any predictions.

If we can get a competent defensive coordinator in here, I will feel better. Hopefully Trent Green can make up for Germ's massive shortcomings.

Frazod
01-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Oh great... Frazod is going to hunt you down and shoot your refrigerator for saying something like that.

:D

The next time we're 12-3, I'm kneecapping somebody. :#

FAX
01-06-2006, 07:31 PM
question, herm watchers.

herm appears to have done moderatly well with the jets (excluding this year and in 2003).

how strong was their division in those years?

the buffs were down, right? and miami?

FAX THE DOESN'T FOLLOW THE EAST

mlyonsd
01-06-2006, 07:41 PM
Germ guarantees us nothing.

I'll wait and see who his assistant coaches are before making any predictions.

If we can get a competent defensive coordinator in here, I will feel better. Hopefully Trent Green can make up for Germ's massive shortcomings.

So in other words you have no nads and will make a prediction. You'll make a fine bitch someday.

Count Alex's Wins
01-06-2006, 07:42 PM
So in other words you have no nads and will make a prediction. You'll make a fine bitch someday.

Did you even read my post?

As soon as we hire a defensive coordinator, I will make a prediction.

mlyonsd
01-06-2006, 07:45 PM
Did you even read my post?

As soon as we hire a defensive coordinator, I will make a prediction.

Yea I read it. Did you read the poll question?

Mostly I was just messing with you. No harm, no foul.

LiL stumppy
01-06-2006, 07:46 PM
Yes

Count Alex's Wins
01-06-2006, 07:48 PM
Yea I read it. Did you read the poll question?

Ah yes, the poll. I voted no. Because Herm alone will not be enough.

mlyonsd
01-06-2006, 07:52 PM
Ah yes, the poll. I voted no. Because Herm alone will not be enough.

Fair enough. And I'm with you on this one.

Count Alex's Wins
01-06-2006, 07:53 PM
Fair enough. And I'm with you on this one.

Want to join my "GERM WARFARE," anti-Edwards club?

mlyonsd
01-06-2006, 07:56 PM
Want to join my "GERM WARFARE," anti-Edwards club?

Heh, as much as I'd like to.....once Edwards is named HC I'll be behind him 99%.

FAX
01-06-2006, 08:00 PM
what i believe

i believe that herm will help our d improve whether gun stays or not.

i believe that our o will decline if will shields retires.

i believe that a #1 offense is more than good players. it is part talent, part playbook, part coaching

i believe that we should not introduce a new offensive scheme just because we hire a new coach

i believe i'm sick of not going to the playoffs.

i believe that chicks should drop panties whenever they're served beer and ice cream.

FAX

Logical
01-06-2006, 10:40 PM
I view next year as a rebuilding/re-tooling year, so I doubt it.

O-line will be partially rebuilt.

D-line will start to be rebuilt when you need probably 3 players it is unlikely to happen in only 1 year.

Secondary will be partially rebuilt

Offensive scheme will change completely to a ball control/Time of possesion/Play action pass offense

Will the defensive scheme change? I certainly hope so!!!

listopencil
01-07-2006, 12:27 AM
Offensive scheme will change completely to a ball control/Time of possesion/Play action pass offense

That will help out your D if LJ is the starter. You look like you have a stud RB for next year to power that kind of O. There's nothing wrong with playing some smashmouth, control the LOS, eat up the clock O. Green strikes me as a guy who can take advantage of a strong running game off of play-action. It's just hard to overcome a big deficit with one.

Simply Red
09-19-2007, 07:54 AM
amazing how accurate some posters were on this thread.

HemiEd
09-19-2007, 08:28 AM
Hopefully Trent Green can make up for Germ's massive shortcomings.

:)