PDA

View Full Version : Omar Jacobs to enter draft

Reaper16
01-06-2006, 06:47 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2283069
As most of you know, Jacobs is the very talented QB from Bowling Green. Right now, he's being pegged as a 4th rounder, but will undoubtedly rise after the combine in a relatively QB weak draft.

But if we could get him in the 3rd... :drool:

NJ Chief Fan
01-07-2006, 05:39 AM
just saw a mock draft sayin were takin him in the first I SURE AS HELL HOPE NOT

Saulbadguy
01-08-2006, 05:47 PM
I don't like him that much.

John Matrix
01-14-2006, 01:43 AM
It wouldn't kill me if we did take him in the 2nd...he has all the tools. He'll be a better pro than Vince Young, I guarandamntee it.

Tribal Warfare
01-14-2006, 03:32 AM
It wouldn't kill me if we did take him in the 2nd...he has all the tools. He'll be a better pro than Vince Young, I guarandamntee it.

When Jacobs wins a championship soley on his talent then I 'll believe you

Reaper16
01-14-2006, 11:45 AM
To be honest, with the signing of Printers (no laughing) there's no way we use a 1st day pick on a QB.

Reaper16
01-14-2006, 11:46 AM
If Vince Young were on Bowling Green he would never have had the chance.

John Matrix
01-14-2006, 04:28 PM

When Vince Young sets an all-time NCAA record for TD-INT ratio, then I'll buy into his hype...but watching him run roughshod over a mid-level D1 defense didn't get me off quite as quickly as it did all the east/west coast pundits.

HolmeZz
01-14-2006, 04:54 PM
When Vince Young sets an all-time NCAA record for TD-INT ratio, then I'll buy into his hype...but watching him run roughshod over a mid-level D1 defense didn't get me off quite as quickly as it did all the east/west coast pundits.

You can't pimp Jacobs and then complain about Young's competition.

Jacobs is a system quarterback who took 99% of his snaps from the shotgun. I don't think either him or Young will be great QBs at the next level though.

John Matrix
01-14-2006, 04:58 PM
I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy of the situation...Jacobs gets downgraded for the quality of his competition and his system, but no one mentions how USCs D sucks...the one difference I see between the two is that Jacobs has a much stronger arm than Young...and that will make a difference at the next level. I'm not saying Jacobs is worth a 1st RD pick, I'm only saying that someone shouldn't put Young so high and discount the abilities of someone like Jacobs who has just as much potential.

John Matrix
01-14-2006, 08:17 PM
How can you not love a guy like this to run the Chiefs offense?

HolmeZz
01-15-2006, 11:43 AM
Jacobs throws the deep ball well, that's it. His arm isn't NFL-strong and he has terrible velocity on his intermediate throws.

John Matrix
01-15-2006, 03:31 PM
If someone throws a deep ball well and has ideal NFL arm strength, wouldn't it stand to reason that he puts decent velocity on his intermediate passes? Have you read a single scouting report on him, or for that matter ever actually watched a Bowling Green game? When your receivers are wide open and you hit them in stride...it's ok to take something off of it to make the ball more catchable. You don't have to throw every pass balls out like Leftwich.

HolmeZz
01-15-2006, 05:20 PM
He doesn't throw hard enough was the point I was making. You don't need to throw hard to throw a deep ball. You just need good timing.

And yes, I've seen plenty of Bowling Green games. He's a great college QB. His game doesn't translate to the NFL IMO though.

John Matrix
01-15-2006, 06:28 PM
The guy was a high school pitcher, and a damned good one. Combined with the fact that scouts commend his arm strength, I would think that proves that he has enough velocity on his throws in order to be successful. Throwing the deep ball is also about arm strength, which is why the Chiefs struggle w/ it, due to Trent's lack of elite arm strength.

Mecca
01-15-2006, 11:20 PM
Young and Jacobs with both need to change their games and the style at which they throw to be succesful in the NFL. The diference though is, you're looking at top 10 for Young and 2nd-3rd round for Jacobs. At those rates, I think I'd risk it on Jacobs........