PDA

View Full Version : You guys (and gochiefs) are idiots.

Goapics1
01-06-2006, 07:13 PM
Herm Edwards equals an NFL coach and respect.

Dick Vermeil equals mediocrity.

Quit whining.

4th and Long
01-06-2006, 07:15 PM

Quit whining.
Why is someone with a Colts logo in their signature lecturing members of this board?

irishjayhawk
01-06-2006, 07:18 PM
Why is someone with a Colts logo in their signature lecturing members of this board?
Fair point.

Skip Towne
01-06-2006, 07:19 PM
Actually, VD is pretty close to a .500 coach for his career. Marty has a much higher winning %age, just no success in the post season.

milkman
01-06-2006, 07:21 PM

Quit whining.

Uh, I'm pretty sure that Dick got tons of respect.

He's been to two SBs and won one, something that Hermie hasn't accomplished.

That being said, we got what I expected when we signed Dick, and I expect we'll get more of the same with Hermie.

Mr. Laz
01-06-2006, 07:22 PM

Quit whining.
thanks dad

STFU

Count Zarth
01-06-2006, 07:24 PM

Quit whining.

Our official name is "GERM WARFARE" not "you guys."

BTW, Germ had a LOSING RECORD in New York. I'd sooner welcome back Dick Vermeil.

Skip Towne
01-06-2006, 07:26 PM

BTW, Germ had a LOSING RECORD in New York. I'd sooner welcome back Dick Vermeil.
What was his record in NY before he got raped by injury this year?

Count Zarth
01-06-2006, 07:27 PM
What was his record in NY before he got raped by injury this year?

35-29. Still pretty mediocre.

And as I've pointed out, he's only won 1/3 of his games against teams with winning records.

Goapics1
01-06-2006, 07:28 PM

Some of you guys have no effing clue as to what is going on.

Herm is a solid coach with solid credentials. He has coached the Jets for cryin' out loud! They are one of the most jinxed organization's in the league.

Of course, most of you were prolly watching Sportscenter or some media outlet throwing Herm's stats out there. (39-41 record). Most of you will never appreciate what you will have!

Whatever. See you guys in the playoffs next year.

Mr. Laz
01-06-2006, 07:50 PM

do tell, please enlighten us all with your football acumen

KILLER_CLOWN
01-06-2006, 07:59 PM
do tell, please enlighten us all with your football acumen

Works similiar to the Borg, Herm Punked those phillies 41-0 and they were assimilated.

Vindicator
01-06-2006, 08:01 PM

Herm is a solid coach with solid credentials. He has coached the Jets for cryin' out loud! They are one of the most jinxed organization's in the league.

Of course, most of you were prolly watching Sportscenter or some media outlet throwing Herm's stats out there. (39-41 record). Most of you will never appreciate what you will have!

Why does this remind me of my brother trying to sell me that POS 79 Chrysler he had?

Skip Towne
01-06-2006, 09:06 PM

And as I've pointed out, he's only won 1/3 of his games against teams with winning records.
Who is available that has a higher winning %age than .546? I don't think Marty will come back.

nychief
01-06-2006, 09:11 PM

You official name is MORON.

SNR
01-06-2006, 09:12 PM
Dick Vermeil > Sperm Edwards. At least Vermeil won something.

I have a sickening feeling Edwards will have all of the worst qualities of Marty and Vermeil all rolled up into one package

CanadaKC
01-06-2006, 09:25 PM
I think Herm is the right guy as well. I was wrong on LJ...Gochiefs and SNR will eat crow as well.

KILLER_CLOWN
01-06-2006, 09:32 PM
The main reason I don't like the hire is that he is carl's buddy. Carl's best hire was Schotty and they argued quite a bit over decisions. I am however willing to give germ a chance before he's condemned.

morphius
01-06-2006, 09:37 PM
He has coached the Jets for cryin' out loud! They are one of the most jinxed organization's in the league.

Whew, luckily we are not...

Oh crap!

Ultra Peanut
01-06-2006, 10:20 PM
I don't hate the hire, but I still want to join GERM WARFARE. I'm a sucker for titles.

ChiTown
01-06-2006, 10:21 PM

Quit whining.

:spock:

Wha?

milkman
01-06-2006, 10:46 PM

Whatever. See you guys in the playoffs next year.

You're a Colts fan.
I don't get why you have any interest in whether we like the guy or not.

Man crush?
Does he a have great ass that you can't take your eyes off of?

What?

Herzig
01-06-2006, 11:05 PM

Any given season, 1/3 teams have winning records, 1/3 are mediocre, and 1/3 of them suck. So much for your stat.

Coaching isn't the only factor to W-L ratio...The players have a hell of lot to do with it too. Our current roster is better than anything the Jets have/had.

alanm
01-06-2006, 11:26 PM
I haven't had anything to say about Edwards because I'm not sure how I feel about it. It feels to me I guess like we get a guy back who cut his coaching teeth in KC under Marty and who in all regards has been sucessful in all his assignments. He's family who's coming home. That said, I feel like were going to put more emphasis on defense again. My only concern is how the offense is going to change and the coaching changes that are going to take place on both sides of the ball. And the perception that Herm isn't that great of a game day coach.

I do think Edwards is a very good motivator and you can be sure there's going to be hitting with a emphasis on tackling in training camp. I do think we're going to be a more fundamentally sound team all around.

We'll find out.

Count Zarth
01-06-2006, 11:58 PM
Any given season, 1/3 teams have winning records, 1/3 are mediocre, and 1/3 of them suck. So much for your stat.

What? It's 33 percent over FIVE YEARS.

Wallcrawler
01-07-2006, 12:59 AM
Herm Edwards took a Jets team with less talent than the Chiefs to the playoffs 3/4 years. I dont even count this year against Herm due to the injuries. When youre on your 5th string QB, there's not a whole lot anyone can do.

Herm had the Jets a kick away from the AFC Title game. Herm doesnt kick the field goals, last I checked.

Count Zarth
01-07-2006, 01:00 AM
Those Jets teams were NOT less talented than KC. They certainly had more talent on defense. And they had Curtis Martin, Pennington, Moss or Coles, Chrebet and solid o-line's on offense.

Rausch
01-07-2006, 01:03 AM

I've seen your sig.

I've seen his sig.

You have no credibility with me...

Rausch
01-07-2006, 01:05 AM
Those Jets teams were NOT less talented than KC. They certainly had more talent on defense. And they had Curtis Martin, Pennington, Moss or Coles, Chrebet and solid o-line's on offense.

His defense was better and so were both Coles and Moss.

The rest are leaps and ****ing bounds below KC's offense...

Cochise
01-07-2006, 01:05 AM

If he does put us in the playoffs this year, I'll hand you the chapstick after you finish your 'polishing'.

Count Zarth
01-07-2006, 01:07 AM
His defense was better and so were both Coles and Moss.

The rest are leaps and ****ing bounds below KC's offense...

Saying there was a huge talent difference between KC and the Jets is an erroneous statement.

Did the Chiefs have a more talented offense? Yes.

Was the gap enormous? No.

Did the Jets have a more talented defense. Yes.

Was the gap enormous. YES. Especially in 2001 and 2002.

Wallcrawler
01-07-2006, 01:09 AM

Well, Herm got them to the playoffs pretty consistently. Something we cannot say for Vermiel.

If youd like to play the lame ass soft schedule card again, then you damn well better discredit the entire 13-3 schedule the Chiefs had under Vermiel and Saunders because ours was the softest in the league.

Many people wanted Vermiel to stay. Many people wanted his understudy.

6-10, 8-8, 13-3, 9-7, 10-6. 1 playoff appearance with a loss.

Hardly room to complain about mediocrity.

Edwards might not have compiled more than 10 wins in a season with the Jets, but he did reach the playoffs 3 times, in the same division as the 3 time defending superbowl champion Patriots were in. More than Vermiel and the Chiefs can say.

People against Herm Edwards act like we arent going to have any winning seasons under him.

Count Zarth
01-07-2006, 01:11 AM
If youd like to play the lame ass soft schedule card again, then you damn well better discredit the entire 13-3 schedule the Chiefs had under Vermiel and Saunders because ours was the softest in the league..

Going 13-3 with a soft schedule is one thing.

Going 10-6 or 9-7 with a soft schedule is something entirely different.

I doubt Herm would have been 10-6 with this year's Chiefs schedule.

Rausch
01-07-2006, 01:16 AM
Saying there was a huge talent difference between KC and the Jets is an erroneous statement.

Did the Chiefs have a more talented offense? Yes.

Was the gap enormous? No.

Did the Jets have a more talented defense. Yes.

Was the gap enormous. YES. Especially in 2001 and 2002.

The Jets have nothing close to Gonzo or Holmes in his prime. LJ even.

And if you think Pennington is even comperable to Green I'll ****ing smack you...

Count Zarth
01-07-2006, 01:23 AM
The Jets have nothing close to Gonzo or Holmes in his prime. LJ even.

And if you think Pennington is even comperable to Green I'll ****ing smack you...

I didn't say they were.

The gap in talent is not that huge.

They had a shitty coordinator.

quiettiger
01-07-2006, 03:00 AM
I have several takes on this:

1. Herm isn't as good or as bad as people are giving him credit.
2. He gives this team a lot of continuity. Who else is going to do that with restructuring this team? Even as a caretaker aren't your players professionals or did all that hugging and kissing wear them out?
3. If Herm doesn't mess with the formula too much he could probably position himself to make a run after things. The problem is convincing people of what he is about and not making the wrong changes.
4. No matter what anybody says at this point there is a certain factor of luck involved. Herm has had a lot of bad luck. If his luck turns around he might look smarter than he is.

Larry Johnson turned out to be a good running back despite everyone not being sure what to make of that move. This could be one of those same moves but it is a long way off from deciding.

grandllama
01-07-2006, 03:17 AM
People against Herm Edwards act like we arent going to have any winning seasons under him.

Hmmmm... five year contract right...

2006 - 9 - 7
2007 - Loses vets, Carl Drafting 6 - 10
2008 - Loses control, remaining vets, 3 - 13
2009 - Clark kicks Hermie & Carl to the farking curb...

I love crow and hope I'm wrong... this is just what I see in the future.

Dave Lane
01-07-2006, 07:39 AM

Quit whining.

Wrong you'll see, feel free to bookmark this post.

Dave

nychief
01-07-2006, 07:45 AM
Going 13-3 with a soft schedule is one thing.

Going 10-6 or 9-7 with a soft schedule is something entirely different.

I doubt Herm would have been 10-6 with this year's Chiefs schedule.

soft schedule? The Patriots are in the East still right?

tomahawk kid
01-07-2006, 07:56 AM

Save yourself some time. You're not going to convince Darth Grandstander to change his mind.

He's getting WAY to much attention with this whole "Germ Warfare" schtick.

Saggysack
01-07-2006, 08:01 AM

Yeah, and so are Dolphins and Bills. Your point?

Extra Point
01-07-2006, 08:02 AM
"You PRAY to Win!"

Four more years of CP!

Smed1065
01-07-2006, 08:06 AM
Wrong you'll see, feel free to bookmark this post.

Dave

I have not said much about Herm yet. I am not sure he is the messiah yet but I will wait until I see what direction before being so sure I know someone I have never meet. At least they have won a playoff game on the road since 2000. Some people are just set in their thoughts and ways I guess, That seems narrow minded or immature to me. IMO

nychief
01-07-2006, 08:08 AM
Yeah, and so are Dolphins and Bills. Your point?

gee saggy, what do you think my point is?

Count Zarth
01-07-2006, 08:14 AM

Because two games out of 16 really makes the schedule tough instead of soft.

Saggysack
01-07-2006, 08:23 AM
gee saggy, what do you think my point is?

Gee ny, I think you are trying to make a point, but failed miserably.

milkman
01-07-2006, 08:45 AM
Well, Herm got them to the playoffs pretty consistently. Something we cannot say for Vermiel.

If youd like to play the lame ass soft schedule card again, then you damn well better discredit the entire 13-3 schedule the Chiefs had under Vermiel and Saunders because ours was the softest in the league.

I don't think you'll find anyone that hasn't given credit to that soft schedule for the Chiefs 13-3 season.

Many people wanted Vermiel to stay. Many people wanted his understudy.

I had no desire to see Dick remain.
I never wanted to be the HC of the Chiefs to begin with.

As for Al, I wasn't opposed to hiring to replacing Dick, because he would have lent himself to the continuity of this offense.

I've also heard him do interviews over the years on SD sports talk, and he is articulate and intelligent.
He doesn't have Dick's emotion, but that might bring a different dynamic to the sidelines that would have worked for a veteran team.

6-10, 8-8, 13-3, 9-7, 10-6. 1 playoff appearance with a loss.

Hardly room to complain about mediocrity.

Edwards might not have compiled more than 10 wins in a season with the Jets, but he did reach the playoffs 3 times, in the same division as the 3 time defending superbowl champion Patriots were in. More than Vermiel and the Chiefs can say.

Why is there not any room to complain about mediocrity?
We've suffered from mediocrity for 17 years, and don't feel that Edwards will bring anything to the table that will put an end to that mediocrity.

Hell, I'll bet he leads this team to a couple of 10-12 wins seasons and gets us to the playoffs.

Big ****in' deal.

I've waited 35 years for another SB.

If Hermie doesn't achieve that goal, then all he will have done is continued Carl's legacy of mediocrity.

nychief
01-07-2006, 08:47 AM
Gee ny, I think you are trying to make a point, but failed miserably.

My point is that to say the East is weak, and the west is amazing is wrong and stupid. Anyone who watched the East (like myself) the last few years would know that that is tough division - highlighted by the fact that the Super Bowl Champion 3 out of the last 4 years has come out of that division.

Taco John
01-07-2006, 09:49 AM
http://hermachance.ytmnd.com/

Mr. Laz
06-15-2007, 05:16 PM
:hmmm: