PDA

View Full Version : Edwards Signs! (reportedly)

Bill Lundberg
01-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Chiefs | Edwards reportedly signed to 5-year deal
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 19:28:02 -0800

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have reportedly signed New York Jets head coach Herman Edwards to a five-year deal worth as much as $20 million. A press conference is tentatively scheduled for Monday, Jan. 9, to announce Edwards as the new Chiefs coach.

VonneMarie
01-06-2006, 09:01 PM
Local news just broke the story...

Count Zarth
01-06-2006, 09:01 PM
Are they having an all-weekend rave at DV's ranch or what?

grandllama
01-06-2006, 09:03 PM
must be true... the kcstar website is tits up...

DenverChief
01-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Well at least he gets to make his mark on this team early in the offseason

the Talking Can
01-06-2006, 09:07 PM
dang..5 years.........(gulp)

ArrowheadHawk
01-06-2006, 09:09 PM
dang..5 years.........(gulp)
herman is the man.....to take us to the promis lan'

Mr. Kotter
01-06-2006, 09:09 PM
Fair market value for a reputable and respected coach. Sounds fair to me. Good luck, Herm.

VonneMarie
01-06-2006, 09:10 PM
herman is the man.....to take us to the promis lan'
ROFL

SNR
I'm joining forces with gochiefs.

Don't tell me. Prove it.

Count Zarth
I also wish Herm good luck.

You're going to need it.

Count Zarth
GERM WARFARE MEMBERS UNITE!

ArrowheadHawk
01-06-2006, 09:11 PM

Don't tell me. Prove it.
i think ya'lls avs are too big

BigChiefFan
01-06-2006, 09:11 PM
I commend the move. Carl didn't waste any time. My God, Vermeil hasn't even been retired a week and Carl has already found his replacement. Edwards is a tough, no nonsense coach and I think his enthusiasm will pay off for us. Some are acting like we just signed Mike Tice for God's sake-let's keep it in perspective, Edwards knows how to coach players and motivate them.

Mr. Kotter
01-06-2006, 09:13 PM

You're going to need it.

Is every single one of your posts for the next six weeks gonna sound as if you've got sand in your mangina.... :shake:

The decision has been made; it's time to move on. Critique and offer constructive criticism as you wish. However, the whining, sniveling, and pouting is already getting old. Get over it.

Of course, this is the internet; do as you wish.... :)

Yeah, yeah.....I'll go fugg off...or jump in the lake or whatever... :p

Deberg_1990
01-06-2006, 09:14 PM
So does this mean that Chad Pennington will follow Herm here to KC and become our QBoTF???

Count Zarth
01-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Is every single one of your posts for the next six weeks gonna sound as if you've got sand in your mangina.... :shake:

Six weeks?

He signed a contract for five years.

nychief

Don't tell me. Prove it.

Don't tell me? Prove it? What it the **** is that supposed to mean?

SNR
i think ya'lls avs are too bigNo, not at all. Your monitor is just too small.

tk13
Six weeks? We got six months before training camp. gochiefs shall be unbearable again.

Mr. Kotter
01-06-2006, 09:16 PM
Six weeks?

Eh, most of you Chicken-little types will come around eventually....at least until he totally wrecks the team. ;)

Mr. Kotter
01-06-2006, 09:17 PM
No, not at all. Your monitor is just too small.

Your avvy is 200 x 200 pixels....the rule is 150.... :)

VonneMarie
01-06-2006, 09:17 PM

Don't tell me. Prove it.
Did you say that after the Dick Vermiel signing?

nychief
01-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Six weeks?

Gochief knows jack shit about football, he is just trying carve out an identity as something other than a pillow biter.

Count Zarth
Eh, most of you Chicken-little types will come around eventually....at least until he totally wrecks the team. ;)

Our numbers will grow with every loss.

SNR
Don't tell me? Prove it? What it the **** is that supposed to mean?I've been disappointed far too often as a Chiefs fan.

This is the first big "signing" of Carl's career that I'm not all too excited about. Herm will have his supporters at the beginning. I won't be one of them.

If the guy can bring success to KC, I'll be happy to eat burned crow every day for the rest of my life as a Chiefs fan. For now, though, I'm not falling into the same trap as everyone else.

Mr. Kotter
So does this mean that Chad Pennington will follow Herm here to KC and become our QBoTF???

I'll pass on that, for the moment. If we get no one, and he becomes available and is healthy....he'd be worth a look.

The Bad Guy
01-06-2006, 09:19 PM
Awesome.

Before all you Herm-haters can become unbearable on this board, at least give him a chance to name his coordinators.

stevieray
Six weeks? We got six months before training camp. gochiefs shall be unbearable again.

again?

Count Zarth
Gochief knows jack shit about football, he is just trying carve out an identity as something other than a pillow biter.

Oh great, not this shit again. Football knowledge card! :rolleyes:

SNR
Your avvy is 200 x 200 pixels....the rule is 150.... :)The rule is 150 x 150 and yet my avatar is still up there. Could it be I've outsmarted the system? :)

BigChiefFan
01-06-2006, 09:20 PM
Head Coach Edwards, Herman
5 years NFL HC 15 years ASST. In NFL

New York Jets Head Coach Herman Edwards' endless passion for the game of football combined with a relentless work ethic has quickly earned him the distinction of being one of the NFL's bright, innovative head coaches. Edwards, who guided the Jets to back-to-back AFC playoff berths (2001 and 2002), led the Green and White to the 2002 AFC East title in what is widely considered to be the most competitive division in all of professional football. He became the ONLY coach in New York Jets history to have guided the Jets to winning seasons in three of his first four years. In the 2004 season, the Jets finished the regular season with a 10-6 record and a 1-1 record in the postseason. He guided the Jets to a 6-2 mark at home this season and a 4-4 record in road games. Edwards, by virtue of the Jets' 2004 Wild Card berth became the first head coach in New York Jets history to have earned admission into the postseason on three separate occasions. Edwards also has earned the distinction of becoming the first Jets coach to lead the Jets to two AFC Divisional Playoff games (2002 and 2004), and became the first coach since Walt Michaels in 1982 to lead the Jets to a playoff road win when the Jets defeated the AFC West Champions San Diego Chargers.
Edwards 10-6 record made him just the third head coach in franchise history to lead his team to double-digit wins in different seasons with the Jets. Edwards, perhaps one of the finest coaches in the NFL in adverse situations, helped the Jets rally from a two-game slide, and the loss of QB Chad Pennington in early November, to earn two big road wins in a row, thus closing out the month of November 3-2.
The Jets' 2004 defense showed a marked improvement from the 2003 season, and surrendered an average of only 16.3 points per game, the third lowest average of points allowed in the team's 45-year history, bested only by the mark in 1993 (15.4) and 1985 (15.9). The Jets' defense limited opposing offenses only 38.0 conversion success on third downs and surrendered more than 20 points in a game only five times this season (weeks one, two, 10, week 16 and 17).
In 2003, Edwards and the Jets were forced to deal with a major setback when quarterback, and team leader, Chad Pennington suffered a broken wrist that sidelined him for the first half of the season. The Jets struggled to find their rhythm in the early portion of the season and fell behind the pack in the AFC East. However, under Edwards' guidance, the Jets rallied in the second half of the season and climbed into contention. In December, the Jets shifted gears and convincingly defeated one of the NFL's hottest teams, the Tennessee Titans, in an emotionally charged Monday Night game at The Meadowlands, 24-17.
Edwards' leadership style is a unique combination of honesty, innovation, motivation and trust. He applies a wealth of knowledge gleaned from years of playing the game at the highest level, combined with having learned the intricacies of the game from some of the most astute people in the National Football League, such as Kansas City's Dick Vermeil and Indianapolis' Tony Dungy. In his fourth season as a head coach, Edwards has guided the Jets to the third-best winning percentage in Club history (.547) and reached the 30-win mark quicker than any coach in team history (53 games) except for Joe Walton (52 games).
His now famous mantra, "You Play to Win The Game," was one of the most lasting memories of the 2002 NFL season and became the Jets' rallying cry for their remarkable second half of the season comeback, turning a tumultuous 2-5 start into a stretch where the Jets captured seven of their last nine games and earned the division title.
As the head coach of the Jets, Edwards has piloted the Green and White to a 35-29 regular season record (.547 winning percentage) and an overall mark of 37-31 (.544 winning percentage). In 2002, Edwards' Jets conquered the AFC East after a hard-fought battle all season long against division foes such as the defending Super Bowl champion New England Patriots, the Miami Dolphins and the upstart Buffalo Bills. Edwards has guided the Jets to the postseason in 2001, 2002 and 2004.
Edwards, a model of consistency and class, became the first coach in Club history to lead the Jets to the postseason in his first year with the Club. He followed up the accomplishment by once again guiding the Jets to the postseason in 2002 and capped the season with a convincing 41-0 victory over the Indianapolis Colts at The Meadowlands, before falling to the eventual AFC Champion Oakland Raiders in an AFC Divisional playoff game. The AFC East title marked the Club's second division title since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970 and the Jets' back-to-back playoff appearances were the first for the organization since the 1985-86 seasons.
The Jets' 2002 AFC East title was a product of the team winning seven of the last nine regular season games; three of the last four; eight of the last 10 and four in a row at home. In addition, the Jets' 41-0 playoff win over the Indianapolis Colts in the postseason was the first playoff shutout in Club history and marked the second most points scored in a shutout win in NFL annals, while the 41 points scored were the second most in team history in a playoff game.
Edwards was one of just two AFC coaches to take his Club to back-to-back playoff appearances (2001-2002), joining Pittsburgh's Bill Cowher (the Oakland Raiders also accomplished the feat, in 2001 under Jon Gruden and in 2002 under Bill Callahan).
As the head coach of the Jets, Edwards guided the Jets to the best regular season road record in his first two seasons (11-5). In addition, Edwards' teams have been penalized the fewest times for the fewest yards of negative yardage in the last four seasons, a direct testament to the discipline he has instilled in the team.
Edwards was the only coach out of six newcomers in their first year with their respective teams in 2001 to earn a playoff spot.
In Edwards' first season with the Jets in 2001, he oversaw the implementation of new offensive, defensive and special teams philosophies. Edwards kept a forceful hand on the controls and guided the Jets to their first playoff appearance since 1998. Besides his 10-win season, perhaps the most indicative statistic supporting the effectiveness and diligence of Edwards' coaching style was the discipline the team displayed, garnering an NFL-low 63 penalties for a League-low 507 yards.
Relying on a respect-based managing style, keen preparation and a belief in his players and coaching staff, Edwards pushed a diverse roster featuring solid experienced athletes and youthful players into believing in a common goal of reaching the postseason.
The Jets set a franchise mark for most road wins in a season going 7-1, which topped their 5-2 record in 1968. Additionally, the Green and White's 7-1 road record tied them with Philadelphia for the second most wins in 2001 (STL, 8-0).
Besides the Jets' hustle and grit, Edwards' squad also showed a penchant for fourth quarter comebacks in 2001, with five come-from-behind victories in the fourth quarter, highlighted by the team's thrilling 24-22 season finale win at Oakland on place kicker John Hall's 53-yard field goal with just 59 seconds left in the game.
Edwards' 2001 Jets led the NFL in turnover differential with a +18, a margin of one over their closest rival, Edwards' former club, Tampa Bay, who finished with a +17 ratio. The Jets produced the second most take-aways (39) in the AFC and tied with the Bucs for second most in the NFL behind Cleveland's 42. The Jets also proved to be frugal in turning the ball over, relinquishing it just 21 times all season, tied for the fewest in the AFC with Seattle and Pittsburgh and trailing only San Francisco's 19 in the NFL. This season, the Jets were a +17 in the +/- category, which placed them second in the league.
Edwards received numerous accolades throughout his rookie coaching campaign for his willingness and cooperation with the media. He also was awarded the Staples "NFL Coach of the Week Award" following the Jets' 21-17 comeback win over the Miami Dolphins on October 14, 2001.
Following his rookie season as Head Coach, Edwards was rewarded by Jets' Owner Woody Johnson, President Jay Cross and Executive Vice President/ General Manager Terry Bradway with a one-year contract extension, thus extending his contract through the 2005 NFL season. Edwards signed a four-year contract extension this past February, thus extending his contract through the 2007 season.
Edwards was named the Jets' 13th full-time head coach on January 18, 2001. The former NFL standout defensive back earned the reputation as an excellent communicator and one of the best teachers during his time spent as assistant head coach/defensive backfield coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1996-2000). At Tampa, he worked closely with current Indianapolis Colts and former Bucs' Head Coach Tony Dungy with the day-to-day administrative dealings associated with the head coach's role.
While with the Bucs, Edwards helped the secondary become one of the NFL's consistently top-ranked units. In 2000, CB Donnie Abraham (team-high 7 INT) and FS John Lynch (3 INT) each earned Pro Bowl recognition and, collectively, the group recorded 25 interceptions, which tied for first in the NFC and third in the NFL. The Bucs' 41 take-aways tied for second in the NFC and fourth in the NFL. The Bucs' defense also finished +17 in the plus/minus category, tops in the NFC and tied for third best in the NFL. The Bucs' defense finished fourth in the NFC in total defense, allowing 300.0 yards per game (9th in NFL) and under his tutelage, the Bucs finished in the top 10 in pass defense in four of the five seasons. Edwards had a major hand in overseeing the NFL's second ranked pass defenses in both 1998 and 1999.
Under Edwards' mentoring Lynch earned three Pro Bowl berths (2000, 1999 and 1998) and Abraham earned one (2000), thus marking the first Pro Bowl appearances by a member of the Tampa Bay defensive backfield since Wayne Haddix in 1990. In 1999, Edwards' troops turned in a stellar effort in the playoffs, holding the second ranked Washington Redskins' passing attack to a mere 121 passing yards and the top-ranked St. Louis offense to just 258 yards through the air. His 1998 group, despite battling through a rash of injuries and the integration of young players, managed to surrender an average of just 172.6 yards per game, the club's best single-season showing since 1982.
In 1997, the Bucs' secondary completed its second consecutive stellar performance under Edwards, finishing in the top 10 in pass defense. While in his first season with Tampa Bay (1996), Edwards led the group to a fourth place ranking in pass defense by limiting opponents to just 182.8 passing yards per game.
Edwards joined the Buccaneers after having worked the previous six years (1990-95) in several different capacities with the Kansas City Chiefs. In 1995, he worked as a scout in the pro personnel department and from 1992-94 he served as the Chiefs' defensive backs coach and was credited with the development of CB Dale Carter, the AFC's Defensive Rookie of the Year in 1992 and S Charles Mincy, while also coaching Pro Bowlers S Kevin Ross and CB Albert Lewis. In each of his three seasons as the Chiefs' defensive backfield coach, KC ranked in the NFL's top three in take-aways and in the top 10 in pass defense. The 1992 season saw the Chiefs lead the AFC, and finish second in the NFL, in pass defense, surrendering a mere 158.6 yards per game.
In 1990-91, Edwards was a talent scout for the Chiefs while also serving as an assistant to Tony Dungy, then the Chiefs' defensive backs coach. It was also at that time Edwards had the opportunity to closely work with Jets' Executive Vice President/ General Manager Terry Bradway, who was also working in the personnel department of the Chiefs. Edwards initially worked for the Chiefs in the summer of 1989 as the recipient of the team's Minority Coaching Fellowship.
Edwards began his coaching career at San Jose State as the Defensive Back coach from 1987-89 and during each of his three seasons at SJSU, the Spartans' opponents completed less than 50% of their passes.
As a player, Edwards played 10 seasons in the NFL, including nine with the Philadelphia Eagles (1977-85), after signing as a rookie free agent following his collegiate career. He was signed as a rookie by current Chiefs' President and General Manager Carl Peterson, who at the time, was the Eagles' director of player personnel. Edwards went on to earn a starting cornerback position in his first preseason game as a rookie at cornerback and proceeded to start the next 135 regular season games during his stellar Eagle career. His career was highlighted by second-team All-NFC honors in 1980 and 1982 and an appearance in Super Bowl XV, a 27-10 Raiders win over the Eagles. He departed Philadelphia with 33 career interceptions, which currently ranks third in the Eagles' record books. In addition, he recorded five postseason interceptions, and combined with his regular season interception total, his 38 interceptions stand as a team record.
Edwards gained fame for one of the most memorable plays in Meadowlands history when he recovered a fumble by New York Giants' QB Joe Pisarcik and returned it 26 yards for a touchdown with :31 remaining in Philadelphia's 19-17 "Miracle in The Meadowlands" win on November 19, 1978.
In his final NFL season as a player, Edwards' played in four games for the Los Angeles Rams and three for the Atlanta Falcons, before announcing his retirement during the season on November 11, 1986.
COLLEGE: Edwards began his college career at the University of California-Berkeley and played there in 1972 and 1974. He earned Pac-8 (now Pac-10) honors and set a Golden Bears' record with four interceptions in one game. He played the 1973 season at Monterey Peninsula Junior College and his senior season at San Diego State.
PERSONAL: Earned his Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice from San Diego State.
He was recently named as a charter member of the Fritz Pollard Alliance, which serves as a conduit between NFL minority coaches and executives in an effort to ensure minorities receive equal consideration for all League job openings.
Herman Edwards is a strong proponent of being a positive role model and is one of the organization's most active participants in off-the-field outreach programs. In 2002, he was served as a national spokesperson for the National Sportsmanship Day, an event promoted through the Institute for International Sport, which serves as a forum for students, teachers, coaches, parents and fans to discuss pertinent issues of ethics, fair play and sportsmanship. He also was recognized by the One Hundred Black Men, Inc. and The Association For A Better New York in 2003 for his outstanding contributions to society.
Edwards and his wife, Lia, work closely with the American Diabetes Association chapter in New York City. In 2004, Edwards launched the inaugural Herm Edwards Golf Classic at the prestigious Piping Rock Country Club on the north shore of Long Island, which raised more than $200,000 for Generation Jets Academy.
He and his wife were guests of President George W. Bush at a 2002 White House function celebrating Martin Luther King's birthday. This event was part of a national campaign that encouraged all United States citizens to work on improving the country through volunteerism.
Edwards hosted a youth football clinic for 250 children in New York City's Central Park in June of 2002 and 2003 and also conducted a Coaches Clinic for 300 area football coaches at Fordham University. In addition, Edwards has been named the recipient of the Staples "NFL Coach of the Week" honor three times (once each in 2001, 2002 and 2003), every year he has been an NFL head coach. Additionally, Edwards was named the recipient of the New York Sports Award as the area's Coach of the Year in 2002.
A frequent motivational speaker at area schools, Edwards espouses the power of positive thinking, teamwork, family values and religion in his speeches. Edwards has also served as a featured speaker at his alma mater, San Diego State, at their annual Coach's Clinic for high school and college coaches.
He is also a proponent of the New York Jets Women's Organization, founded by his wife, Lia, which supports The INN (Interfaith Nutrition Network), the Nassau County Coalition of Domestic Violence, Mercy First, Breast Cancer Research Foundation, Diabetes Research Institute and The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
Edwards was named to the Positive Coaching Alliance's National Advisory Committee in the spring of 2003. Edwards will help spread the organization's message to preserve the "purity of the game of football" and to coach in a positive manner. Edwards is joined on the advisory committee with former NBA Head Coach Phil Jackson and Detroit Pistons Head Coach Larry Brown.
With Tampa Bay, Edwards and the Buccaneers' secondary implemented a youth enrichment program called "Focus and Finish," in which they encouraged high school athletes to excel in academics, athletics and as citizens in their communities through volunteering, tutoring and mentoring. Students were rewarded for their work with tickets to a game.
Head Coach Herman Edwards received the Big Brother of the Year award by the Catholic Big Brothers for Boys and Girls in June 2002 at its annual awards dinner at the Marriott Marquis in New York City.
Edwards has hosted the Herman Edwards Football Camp for underprivileged children in the Monterey Peninsula for the past nine years and has also hosted the Annual Herman Edwards Charity Golf Classic, which benefits the Boys and Girls Club in Seaside, CA. He graduated from Monterey HS.
Herman Edwards was born in Monmouth, NJ and was raised in Seaside, CA. Edwards and his wife, Lia, have a son, Marcus, who is a scholar-athlete in his senior year at San Diego State University.

Chan93lx50

IM IN!

The Bad Guy
I've been disappointed far too often as a Chiefs fan.

This is the first big "signing" of Carl's career that I'm not all too excited about. Herm will have his supporters at the beginning. I won't be one of them.

If the guy can bring success to KC, I'll be happy to eat burned crow every day for the rest of my life as a Chiefs fan. For now, though, I'm not falling into the same trap as everyone else.

Who was out there as a better option?

And don't say Al Saunders. There must be something about his interview skills that really irritates general managers. The Vikings hire a guy who never has called an offense over him? I like Al a lot, but something doesn't add up.

SNR
Awesome.

Before all you Herm-haters can become unbearable on this board, at least give him a chance to name his coordinators.Alright, sure.

I'll take down my avatar until Jimmy Raye and Kurt Schottenheimer are back at the office again.

SNR
01-06-2006, 09:22 PM

And don't say Al Saunders. There must be something about his interview skills that really irritates general managers. The Vikings hire a guy who never has called an offense over him? I like Al a lot, but something doesn't add up.Al Saunders

Count Zarth
IM IN!

Outstanding! FALL IN!

tk13
It's been 15 minutes and I already can't tell gochiefs and SNR apart.

Mr. Kotter
The rule is 150 x 150 and yet my avatar is still up there. Could it be I've outsmarted the system? :)

Apparently.

We should probably get a Mod to issue an opinion. :D

The Bad Guy
01-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Al Saunders

If he's a better option, why is he being passed over like GoChiefs at a dating auction?

Chan93lx50
01-06-2006, 09:25 PM
Hey its a win win situation for us Herminhaters.

Herm turns out to be one hell of a coach and the Chiefs kick ass and make the playoffs the next five years. That would be some damn good crow that I would gladly eat.

On the other hand he sucks monkey nuts and the coalition of Herminhators come out smelling like roses

nychief
01-06-2006, 09:26 PM

So you are asking us or Herm to prove it? Why not ask us how much change is in gochiefs pocket?

Look I understand that you are a beaten down chiefs fan, hell, we all are. But, who in the **** did you want us to hire? Ron Meeks?

SNR
01-06-2006, 09:27 PM
It's been 15 minutes and I already can't tell gochiefs and SNR apart.Stevieray sucks

nychief
01-06-2006, 09:28 PM
Oh great, not this shit again. Football knowledge card! :rolleyes:

that emoticon cuts to the bone, buddy.

the Talking Can
01-06-2006, 09:28 PM
So you are asking us or Herm to prove it? Why not ask us how much change is in gochiefs pocket?

Look I understand that you are a beaten down chiefs fan, hell, we all are. But, who in the **** did you want us to hire? Ron Meeks?

no, but Ron Mix was high on my list...

SNR
01-06-2006, 09:29 PM

Look I understand that you are a beaten down chiefs fan, hell, we all are. But, who in the **** did you want us to hire? Ron Meeks?Kirk Ferentz.

Damn, I knew I couldn't say that with a straight face

VonneMarie
01-06-2006, 09:30 PM
You guys need to give Hermie a chance. You guys didn't treat Vermiel this way, so why Hermie?

Count Zarth
01-06-2006, 09:30 PM
You guys need to give Hermie a chance. You guys didn't treat Vermiel this way, so why Hermie?

Dick had skins on the wall. Germ is an overgrown cheerleader.

VonneMarie
01-06-2006, 09:31 PM
:spock:

tommykat
01-06-2006, 09:31 PM

Excuse me! They treated Vermiel the same way.....No one likes changes, especially here.:harumph:

VonneMarie
01-06-2006, 09:33 PM
Besides, isn't his wife a KC native?

SNR
01-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Excuse me! They treated Vermiel the same way.....No one likes changes, especially here.:harumph:I was hella excited about the Vermeil hiring, actually.

SNR
Besides, isn't his wife a KC native?Can she play corner? :hmmm:

tommykat
I was hella excited about the Vermeil hiring, actually.

I was....MOST here weren't.

VonneMarie
01-06-2006, 09:35 PM
Can she play corner? :hmmm:
Can you?

stevieray
01-06-2006, 09:36 PM
Stevieray sucks

germ warfare grand admiral?

megatard.

Chan93lx50
01-06-2006, 09:37 PM

When DV came in he just took the Rams to the superbowl in only 3 years of being head coach. So I guess we had the hope he would do the same with the Chiefs. (Of course now we know he didnt)

Herm took over Parcells team which was already a decent football team, but now look at them they are in shambles.

SNR
01-06-2006, 09:38 PM
germ warfare grand admiral?

megatard.It's a joke. I'm acting like gochiefs

SNR
01-06-2006, 09:39 PM
Can you?I'm not KC native Herman Edwards' wife

Mr. Kotter
When DV came in he just took the Rams to the superbowl in only 3 years of being head coach. So I guess we had the hope he would do the same with the Chiefs. (Of course now we know he didnt)

Herm took over Parcells team which was already a decent football team, but now look at them they are in shambles.

Please. Talk about a simplistic over-simplification..... :rolleyes:

stevieray
It's a joke. I'm acting like gochiefs

gotcha.

KILLER_CLOWN
01-06-2006, 09:40 PM
If germ hires jimmy raye how many will drop off the love boat?

btw the thread title got me excited and then i realised Donnie is still playing for the bolts.

Count Zarth
01-06-2006, 09:41 PM

I expect our members to grow everytime Germ does something stupid.

Dave Lane
01-06-2006, 09:42 PM

We're going to need it.

I corrected your post for you!

Dave

Mr. Kotter
01-06-2006, 09:42 PM

Then, there'd be a mutiny of gochief's ship; and I'd throw him to the sharks....

SNR
01-06-2006, 09:43 PM

btw the thread title got me excited and then i realised Donnie is still playing for the bolts.Would've been cool. Then Dante Hall could kick his ass everyday in practice instead of only twice a year

Dave Lane
01-06-2006, 09:43 PM

btw the thread title got me excited and then i realised Donnie is still playing for the bolts.

I'll burn every bit of chiefs stuff I have...

Dave

BigChiefFan
01-06-2006, 09:45 PM

Herm took over Parcells team which was already a decent football team, but now look at them they are in shambles.Get your facts straight. Parcells' final year as the Jet's coach, the team was 8-8, then Al Groh took over for a year. Herm Edwards wasn't there until 2001.

Dave Lane
01-06-2006, 09:46 PM
Would've been cool. Then Dante Hall could kick his ass everyday in practice instead of only twice a year

Why can't I use the germ warfare avatar? It says its too big...

Dave

Count Zarth
01-06-2006, 09:47 PM
Why can't I use the germ warfare avatar? It says its too big...

Dave

Upload it as a profile picture.

Chan93lx50
01-06-2006, 09:47 PM
Get your facts straight. Parcells' final year as the Jet's coach, the team was 8-8, then Al Groh took over for a year. Herm Edwards wasn't there until 2001.

Ahhh thank you for the Jets history lesson!

Mecca
01-06-2006, 09:48 PM
It's been 15 minutes and I already can't tell gochiefs and SNR apart.

GoChiefs will be having dreams about him in drag before long........

Mr. Kotter
01-06-2006, 09:48 PM
Ahhh thank you for the Jets history lesson!

If you guys are gonna be asses about this, expect the same in return. ;)

harpes
01-06-2006, 09:49 PM
Remember Herm is DB genious and thats what we needed. We lived Dick and Now Herm will take us on to glory

chefsos
01-06-2006, 09:49 PM
Head Coach Edwards, Herman
5 years NFL HC 15 years ASST. In NFL

New York Jets Head Coach Herman Edwards'..... :shake: ..... Herman Edwards was born in Monmouth, NJ and was raised in Seaside, CA. Edwards and his wife, Lia, have a son, Marcus, who is a scholar-athlete in his senior year at San Diego State University.
Good gawd, I made an attempt to read all that, but it ruptured my spleen about three paragraphs in.

Chan93lx50
01-06-2006, 09:51 PM
The whole Herm thing does not bother me that much, I just have a bad feeling about it. Hell can' really even put my finger on it, but its fun having a 200 pixel avatar though bitches

Ari Chi3fs
01-06-2006, 09:52 PM
I dont mind this pick at all...

Good 4th round pick... heh.

given away a 1st [Green] 2nd [Surtain] 3rd [Vermeil] 4th [ Vermeil, Edwards]

man, almost like a complete draft we have given away... heh.

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2006, 09:53 PM
While I think I would have preferred Saunders as the head coach, Herman Edwards is a fine choice. He's Bill Cowher, jr. not Marty Jr. He's led his teams to the playoffs 3 out of 5 times and if it hadn't been for a bad kicker (and I think we can ALL relate), he'd have been in the AFC Championship game last year.

He'll have a team that's is fundamentally sound (i.e., no more Ole'! tackling) and given CP's comments, I think we'll see the same offensive scheme employed by Vermeil.

People in Indy moaned an yawned when Dungy was hired (because he was of the same ilk as Marty) and all he's done is improve that team. I don't think we'll see the up and down years like we experienced with Vermeil (unless we get devastated by injuries like the Jets) and I think that every year, we'll have a shot to go deep in the playoffs.

While I don't want the see the return of "Martyball" or "Maul ball", I really don't think we will. That's ONE lesson that I believe that Peterson has finally learned.

Dane
~hopeful

DenverChief
01-06-2006, 09:53 PM

The decision has been made; it's time to move on. Critique and offer constructive criticism as you wish. However, the whining, sniveling, and pouting is already getting old. Get over it.

Of course, this is the internet; do as you wish.... :)

Yeah, yeah.....I'll go fugg off...or jump in the lake or whatever... :p
Agreed

OMG did hell just freeze over?

D-Day
01-06-2006, 10:01 PM
Chiefs fan in New England...

The most enduring moments of five years of Herman Edwards football

three choices...

1. not getting the play called in time in the Baltimore game 2004 and then having to settle for the field goal to tie the game they eventually lost in OT.

2. calling for the team to take a knee in the Pittsburgh game which moved them back just far enough to miss the field goal that might have won it

3. Arguing over timeouts with his coordinators.

He is a solid motivator and his players love him. He sucks with the X's and O's. He relies nearly COMPLETELY on his coordinators- for all play calling duties- unlike Vermeil.

This will come down to his coordinator choices. He is a GOOD coach. I don't think he's great.

Halfcan
01-06-2006, 10:02 PM
Herm-please fix the Defense!!!! I don't want the rest of the Jets staff. HHH-sorry bad luck.

milkman
01-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Excuse me! They treated Vermiel the same way.....No one likes changes, especially here.:harumph:

No, actually the the majority was fairly positive when Dick was hired.

Only a small minority thought it was a mistake, including myself.

But KCJohhny was so adamantly opposed to the idea that he melted down before our very eyes.

His meltdown just made it appear that Dick's hire was viewed negatively to you.

D-Day
01-06-2006, 10:08 PM
Henderson would be a good defensive coordinator.

milkman
01-06-2006, 10:09 PM
While I think I would have preferred Saunders as the head coach, Herman Edwards is a fine choice. He's Bill Cowher, jr. not Marty Jr. He's led his teams to the playoffs 3 out of 5 times and if it hadn't been for a bad kicker (and I think we can ALL relate), he'd have been in the AFC Championship game last year.

He'll have a team that's is fundamentally sound (i.e., no more Ole'! tackling) and given CP's comments, I think we'll see the same offensive scheme employed by Vermeil.

People in Indy moaned an yawned when Dungy was hired (because he was of the same ilk as Marty) and all he's done is improve that team. I don't think we'll see the up and down years like we experienced with Vermeil (unless we get devastated by injuries like the Jets) and I think that every year, we'll have a shot to go deep in the playoffs.

While I don't want the see the return of "Martyball" or "Maul ball", I really don't think we will. That's ONE lesson that I believe that Peterson has finally learned.

Dane
~hopeful

Dungy hasn't won a SB yet.
Neither has Cowher.

Logical
01-06-2006, 10:15 PM

If the guy can bring success to KC, I'll be happy to eat burned crow every day for the rest of my life as a Chiefs fan. For now, though, I'm not falling into the same trap as everyone else.Personally success is not enough, hell technically Marty brought success, perhaps you meant a Super Bowl when you said success. I have learned to be specific around here.

Halfcan
01-06-2006, 10:17 PM
My sources say it is a done deal! For a list of my secret insider sources scroll down

Newspaper
TV
Internet

VonneMarie
01-06-2006, 10:17 PM
OH, HELL NO!

The Bad Guy
01-06-2006, 10:36 PM
OH, HELL NO!

Uh, yes he would.

He's a very good d-coordinator.

siberian khatru
01-06-2006, 10:41 PM

I don't know much about his scheme, I just know he's a really intense hard-ass dude. Maybe harder than Gun. Gun's like, "You guys SUCK." Henerson's like, "I'm gonna KILL y'all."

Dave Lane
01-06-2006, 10:45 PM
Dungy hasn't won a SB yet.
Neither has Cowher.

The whole Marty tree is poisoned at the roots.

Dave

BigMeatballDave
01-07-2006, 01:49 AM
Hey its a win win situation for us Herminhaters.

Herm turns out to be one hell of a coach and the Chiefs kick ass and make the playoffs the next five years. That would be some damn good crow that I would gladly eat.

On the other hand he sucks monkey nuts and the coalition of Herminhators come out smelling like rosesYou are correct on all accounts, but you forgot one thing. You'll sound like whiny bitches in the meantime...
:)

Tuckdaddy
01-07-2006, 10:11 AM
I commend the move. Carl didn't waste any time. My God, Vermeil hasn't even been retired a week and Carl has already found his replacement. Edwards is a tough, no nonsense coach and I think his enthusiasm will pay off for us. Some are acting like we just signed Mike Tice for God's sake-let's keep it in perspective, Edwards knows how to coach players and motivate them.

Great response. Herm is more of a leader and motivator than any other available coach at this time. This was a good move by the pitbull.

Woodrow Call
01-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Has anyone heard any reactions from the Chiefs players about the move? I am interested to hear what they think.

OldTownChief
01-07-2006, 11:08 AM

Eat shit and die.

Count Zarth
01-07-2006, 11:13 AM
Eat shit and die.

In time, you will call *me* master.

OldTownChief
01-07-2006, 11:18 AM
In time, you will call *me* master.

I seriously doubt it. BTW who would you have coach the Chiefs?

Count Zarth
01-07-2006, 11:20 AM
I seriously doubt it. BTW who would you have coach the Chiefs?

Kirk Ferentz, Bob Stoops, Ron Rivera, take your pick.

CHIEF4EVER
01-07-2006, 03:04 PM

And don't say Al Saunders. There must be something about his interview skills that really irritates general managers. The Vikings hire a guy who never has called an offense over him? I like Al a lot, but something doesn't add up.
Fassel has a better resume than Mr. 4-12 and we wouldn't have to give up a friggin draft pick for him. I like Stoops better, Ferentz too.

Mecca
01-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Hiring a college coach with the current team we have=bad idea.

Jim Jones
01-07-2006, 03:09 PM
The current team we have is gonna be around for what, 1 or 2 more years? I'm tired of that "We have a veteran team so we need a veteran coach" bullshit.

Ferentz would be perfect. We have a veteran team now but in a year or two we're gonna have a really young team when all the old guys retire.

Officially count me on the GERM WARFARE bandwagon. We're hiring a ****ing clone of Dick Vermiel, except he isn't even as good.. how is this a positive move?

Count Zarth
01-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Officially count me on the GERM WARFARE bandwagon.

WELCOME ABOARD!

tk13
01-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Yeah, but that's kinda the point. Herm took a veteran team in NY and ended up getting rid of most of Parcells castoffs and drafted replacements, and won with both groups... like Vilma and Dewayne Robertson, both starting safeties, etc...

Chiefs Pantalones
01-07-2006, 03:12 PM
WELCOME ABOARD!

Count me in too.

If we win the SB with him, I'll GLADLY eat crow.

melbar
01-07-2006, 03:12 PM
Kirk Ferentz, Bob Stoops, Ron Rivera, take your pick.
2 of your choices could be busts when moving to the NFL (see Spurrier who looked a heck of a lot better going into his first NFL job than Stoops or Ferentz) and Rivera hasnt head coached in the NFL (see Gunther) Edwards at least has a nice track record with inferior talent and a nice association with the current leadership.

Count Zarth
01-07-2006, 03:13 PM
Count me in too.

If we win the SB with him, I'll GLADLY eat crow.

STEP LIVELY THERE!

Mecca
01-07-2006, 03:13 PM
Yeah, but that's kinda the point. Herm took a veteran team in NY and ended up getting rid of most of Parcells castoffs and drafted replacements, and won with both groups... like Vilma and Dewayne Robertson, both starting safeties, etc...

That is exactly my view on this aswell. Some people are just mad they didn't get their guy so they need something to bitch about.

Jim Jones
01-07-2006, 03:14 PM
WELCOME ABOARD!

Mind if I use the avatar as well?

Count Zarth
01-07-2006, 03:15 PM
2 of your choices could be busts when moving to the NFL (see Spurrier who looked a heck of a lot better going into his first NFL job than Stoops or Ferentz) and Rivera hasnt head coached in the NFL (see Gunther) Edwards at least has a nice track record with inferior talent and a nice association with the current leadership.

ROFL

So now every college coach who moves to the NFL is a bust? And every coach who has never been a head coach is a bust?

I adore your reasoning.

Count Zarth
01-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Mind if I use the avatar as well?

Check your PM's, recruit.

CHIEF4EVER
01-07-2006, 03:18 PM
That is exactly my view on this aswell. Some people are just mad they didn't get their guy so they need something to bitch about.

I ain't mad about not getting man "x". I am pizzed at Peterson for giving up a 4th round pick that we desperately need for a coach that doesn't have as good a resume as others that are available who we could get for NO draft compensation.

VonneMarie
01-07-2006, 03:20 PM
All you GERM WELFARE DOUCHES can kick rocks.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-07-2006, 03:21 PM

STAND DOWN, CIVILIAN!!

VonneMarie
01-07-2006, 03:23 PM
STAND DOWN, CIVILIAN!!
Bite me buttmunch!

Count Zarth
01-07-2006, 03:23 PM

Supreme Commander GoChiefs

Grand Admiral SNR

4 Star General Dave Lane

General Vanilla Thunder

Commander Saggysack

Lieutenants Chan93lx50 and Jim Jones

WE STAND UNITED!!!

Mecca
01-07-2006, 03:24 PM
I ain't mad about not getting man "x". I am pizzed at Peterson for giving up a 4th round pick that we desperately need for a coach that doesn't have as good a resume as others that are available who we could get for NO draft compensation.

Edwards is a better coach than Jim Fassell........How often do we find impact players in the 4th round? Playing the law of averages it's not a bad move. It's a 2nd day pick for a head coach, hell Tampa gave up 2 first rounders.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-07-2006, 03:24 PM
Bite me buttmunch!

NEGATIVE IMPACT, I REPEAT, NEGATIVE IMPACT!!! I WILL COMBAT YOU!!!

melbar
01-07-2006, 03:25 PM
ROFL

So now every college coach who moves to the NFL is a bust? And every coach who has never been a head coach is a bust?

I adore your reasoning.

Thats not my reasoning at all. I'm just saying a proven NFL Head coach with playoff experience who knows what to expect in the big leagues is better than a guy who hasnt been there and whos style may not transfer to the NFL. I'd rather not take a crap shoot with a team that is still pretty darn close. :)

VonneMarie
01-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Supreme Commander GoChiefs

Grand Admiral SNR

4 Star General Dave Lane

General Vanilla Thunder

Commander Saggysack

Lieutenants Chan93lx50 and Jim Jones

WE STAND UNITED AS DOUCHES!!!!
I helped you fix your post.

No thank you's will be needed.

Jim Jones
01-07-2006, 03:26 PM

Vilma is a great player, Robertson has decent but he was a top 5 pick so if you miss on that you really f'd up.

The only other really good pick Herm has had was Santana Moss and he never knew how to use him. Moss leaves and is now a pro bowler, some great coach eh? :banghead:

If Herm really rebuild the team then why were they one of the worst teams in the NFL? The fact is after Parcells "Castoffs" left, Herm has been shit. They got lucky last year because Martin was out of his mind.

Count Zarth
01-07-2006, 03:26 PM
'm just saying a proven NFL Head coach with playoff experience who knows what to expect in the big leagues is better than a guy who hasnt been there and whos style may not transfer to the NFL.

Germ Edwards: 4-12

Nick Saban: 9-7

Nice reasoning!

tk13
01-07-2006, 03:28 PM
Vilma is a great player, Robertson has decent but he was a top 5 pick so if you miss on that you really f'd up.

The only other really good pick Herm has had was Santana Moss and he never knew how to use him. Moss leaves and is now a pro bowler, some great coach eh? :banghead:

If Herm really rebuild the team then why were they one of the worst teams in the NFL? The fact is after Parcells "Castoffs" left, Herm has been shit. They got lucky last year because Martin was out of his mind.
Did you even watch them? They had to play FIVE quarterbacks. If the Chiefs put James Kilian out there at QB, you think we'd even win 4 games?

Over-Head
01-07-2006, 03:30 PM

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have reportedly signed New York Jets head coach Herman Edwards to a five-year deal worth as much as $20 million. A press conference is tentatively scheduled for Monday, Jan. 9, to announce Edwards as the new Chiefs coach.

Wow, that AFC West crown sure will look good on you guy's next season if it's a done deal.
Wouldn't surprise me to see the Chiefs take the AFC next season.
DV seems to have gotten the team to a serious playing level. And with Edwards at the helm, it should be exciting to say the least.
Props!. You guy's are getting a great replacement for a hard set of shoes to fill. IMO

Hey AL, yo!.
Over this way,
Turn your fuggen head east
THIS IS HOW it's suposed to be done. :banghead:

Jim Jones
Did you even watch them? They had to play FIVE quarterbacks. If the Chiefs put James Kilian out there at QB, you think we'd even win 4 games?

Isn't it the coaches job to realize that he needs a competent backup QB? In today's NFL you can't go into the season without a backup who you feel is capable of winning games if your starter goes down. So if Hermiel wants to blame someone for having scrubs like Bollinger and Testaverde at QB, he needs to look in the mirror. ESPECIALLY considering Pennington's injury history.

Mecca

It's pretty difficult to use a downfield reciever like Moss when you have Chad Pennington at QB. If you start going downfield with Chad you're asking for a 30 INT season. It's something he just can't do well, he and Moss didn't fit well together.

I like how you guys just ignore that Herm had half his team go on IR. I bet the Chiefs would have won a whole lot of games this year with Damon Huard and Dee Brown starting most of the year. That's the equivalent to what happened to the Jets.

Color Red
01-07-2006, 03:31 PM
Here's what I like about this: Peterson's MO has been to do what it takes (trade draft choices if need be) to get someone reasonably proven as HC. This instead of what we used to do, taking some quality assistant and give them a chance to be HC. That is a risky recipe. Herm has already established for himself some respectable credentials. If he shows himself now to be a top shelf HC, we're going to look back on this transaction as an absolute steal! Hey we could have been looking at some assistants or retreads, we didn't have a choice with DV retiring. My only concern is that we can keep some of the effective continuity of Trent Green in place through the remainder of his productive playing days, and any of the other old timers who stick around. That would have been why I could have liked Saunders. It would be great if guys like Roaf and Shields have enough confidence in Herm to stick around another year to see what he can do (we really aren't that far from getting into the playoffs, are we?).

If Herm can keep the continuity, continue the transition into the Larry Johnson days, bring a missing successful element to the D here quickly --he has a reputation for getting players to overachieve --we could win one for Lamar. Considering the circumstances, this is about as good a plan as we can get right now. With all respect, I think DV lost a bit of his step.. this is a great way to go. And don't forget, maybe Herm can be key to LJ's further development/maturity. With Vermeil gone, all the "take off the diaper" jazz should be gone too.

Win one for Lamar!

Count Zarth
01-07-2006, 03:31 PM
It's pretty difficult to use a downfield reciever like Moss when you have Chad Pennington at QB. If you start going downfield with Chad you're asking for a 30 INT season. It's something he just can't do well, he and Moss didn't fit well together.

ROFL ROFL

And that's why Moss had 1,100 yards and 10 TDs in 12 games after he finally got into the starting lineup.

Mecca
01-07-2006, 03:32 PM
ROFL ROFL

And that's why Moss had 1,100 yards and 12 TDs in 12 games after he finally got into the starting lineup.

Testaverde played the majority of 2003........

CHIEF4EVER
01-07-2006, 03:33 PM
Edwards is a better coach than Jim Fassell Fassell coached a team to the SB and was unfortunate that he ran into the Baltimore Ravens buzzsaw defense that year. What has Herm done the last 5 yrs? Not bashing the guy, just making a comparison.

How often do we find impact players in the 4th round? Jared Allen

Playing the law of averages it's not a bad move. It's a 2nd day pick for a head coach, hell Tampa gave up 2 first rounders.

They got Guru-den. We got a coach coming off a 4-11 season with close ties to CP....too close for comfort.

Don't get me wrong, I am willing to give HE the benefit of the doubt. I just think CP knew all along who he was going to get and didn't bother to examine other (possibly more viable options) before pulling the trigger and giving up the bootay on the draft pick issue.

Over-Head
01-07-2006, 03:33 PM

I like how you guys just ignore that Herm had half his team go on IR. I bet the Chiefs would have won a whole lot of games this year with Damon Huard and Dee Brown starting most of the year. That's the equivalent to what happened to the Jets.
I was wondering if anyone other than me was thinking this exact same thing. :hmmm:

Count Zarth
01-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Testaverde played the majority of 2003........

Wrong again. Chad played in 10 games. Testaverde played in 7.

What's more, Chad and Vinny had almost IDENTICAL stats and Chad actually averaged MORE yards per attempt.

Jim Jones
01-07-2006, 03:34 PM

Please, there's still ways to get him the ball. Brunell never exactly had a cannon for an arm, and especially doesn't now with his old age, and yet they still have an explosive offense.

I'm sorry but the injury excuse is BS. Yes Pennington went down and Martin missed some time.. but Pennington is injured every year and Martin is like 33 years old, and the Jets had no capable backups. Who's fault is that?

The fact you need to realize is the Jets got worse and worse under Herm. In his first year they went 10-6, followed by 9-7, then 6-10, then 10-6, then 4-12. Notice a trend here? They only went 10-6 because Curtis Martin went insane in 2004 and had one last great year before breaking down.

Mecca
01-07-2006, 03:36 PM
This is pointless no matter what I say some of you just won't be happy.

Jim Jones here basically saying Herms a bad coach because he doesn't have 4 Pro Bowl QB's on his roster is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen but that's his perogative.

Jim Fassell isn't more "qualified" because he went to a Superbowl. Barry Switzer won a Superbowl, you wanna hire him?

This arguement has become stupid because some people are taking this to extreme levels to just dislike Edwards. If you don't like the decision fine but the way some of you are acting is just absurd.

tk13
01-07-2006, 03:36 PM
Isn't it the coaches job to realize that he needs a competent backup QB? In today's NFL you can't go into the season without a backup who you feel is capable of winning games if your starter goes down. So if Hermiel wants to blame someone for having scrubs like Bollinger and Testaverde at QB, he needs to look in the mirror. ESPECIALLY considering Pennington's injury history.
I don't disagree with that. But backup does not equal five. They lost Pennington and Fiedler in the same quarter of the same game. I didn't know all NFL teams were supposed to find 5 competent quarterbacks. Nobody even carries more than 3 QB's.

Heck, I didn't realize there were 160 NFL-caliber QB's to begin with. I'd like you to tell me one NFL team that could play 5 QB's and win football games.

KCChiefsMan
01-07-2006, 03:37 PM
I think I'm the only one on here that thinks Herm Edwards is a good coach

Jim Jones
01-07-2006, 03:38 PM
Oh please, you guys know exactly what I'm talking about. I never said they needed 5 "pro bowl QB's"..but the fact is Pennington gets hurt every year and the Jets didnt even have ONE competent backup. They had 50 year old Vinny Testaverde!! Real nice job there, Hermiel.

Count Zarth
01-07-2006, 03:38 PM
Jim Fassell isn't more "qualified" because he went to a Superbowl.

Really?

Who do you think got the Giants to that Super Bowl?

Kerry Collins? ROFL

Fassel > Germ Edwards.

Count Zarth
01-07-2006, 03:39 PM

That speaks volumes.

D-Day
"If Herm really rebuild the team then why were they one of the worst teams in the NFL? The fact is after Parcells "Castoffs" left, Herm has been shit. They got lucky last year because Martin was out of his mind."

Herm never lost his players and they will go through a wall for him.

He's just not smart.

He's WAY too loyal to veterans- ie. Priest vs. LJ... and he's Marty when it comes to offense.

He's a decent coach- not great. I'm fairly skeptical to be honest.

Mecca
If you'd really take Jim Fassell over Edwards, I see why people pull the football knowledge card on you.

tk13
01-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Oh please, you guys know exactly what I'm talking about. I never said they needed 5 "pro bowl QB's"..but the fact is Pennington gets hurt every year and the Jets didnt even have ONE competent backup. They had 50 year old Vinny Testaverde!! Real nice job there, Hermiel.
They had Jay Fiedler, and he got hurt right after Pennington did. They had Bollinger, signed Testaverde off the street, and then used Kliff Kingsbury for a bit when both of those other guys were hurt.

Jim Jones
01-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Jim Fassell isn't more "qualified" because he went to a Superbowl. Barry Switzer won a Superbowl, you wanna hire him?

It makes him a lot more qualified then a guy who's never even been a conference championship.

Count Zarth
01-07-2006, 03:41 PM
If you'd really take Jim Fassell over Edwards, I see why people pull the football knowledge card on you.

I wouldn't take either of them.

Over-Head
01-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Nope, I happen to think he'd have worked out well in Oakland, I mean face it. We've been needing a coach every since Chuck left.
Calawhat?
Norv TurnOVER.
Jezz's titt's, the way AD pick's em' I'm half expecting Mariuchi to pop his head back out west.

I can't believe with what's actually out there for HC's that are any good anyone could complain having a good, Not yet "Great", but none the less solid HC replacing a well oiled Machiene that DV built. :cuss:

Mecca
01-07-2006, 03:44 PM
How many teams in the league can withstand losing their starting QB for the season? Let alone 3, if you think any team could survive that you're dilluted.

melbar
01-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Germ Edwards: 4-12

Nick Saban: 9-7

Nice reasoning!

Edwards lost his starting QB and RB for starters. Stoops wasnt exactly brilliant last year without his DC either. Saban inherited a team that was realing the year before because of the Williams fiasco.
Look I'm not saying all college coaches are going to suck, but there are many good coaches who just cant cut it in the NFL. Erickson, Spurrier, Mackovick, and a certain USC coach. I'm not gung ho for Herm either , but of the available coaches , I think he was a pretty solid choice.

CHIEF4EVER
01-07-2006, 03:45 PM

Apparently you misread this part of my post: Don't get me wrong, I am willing to give HE the benefit of the doubt. I just think CP knew all along who he was going to get and didn't bother to examine other (possibly more viable options) before pulling the trigger and giving up the bootay on the draft pick issue.

C'mon man, you know as well as I do that that is a HORRIBLE comparison. Switzer took over a Cowpiles team that was already built by Jimmie Johnson. Kerry Collins sure as he** didn't coach the Giants to the SB.

Count Zarth
Look I'm not saying all college coaches are going to suck, but there are many good coaches who just cant cut it in the NFL..

Sure. It's Carl's job to find the right one instead of hiring one of his buddies.

Mecca
Yea man let's hire Bob Stoops who any time he's faced a team with the same talent level he's looked lost and been out coached. Yea man I'm heavily impressed by that.

Count Zarth
01-07-2006, 03:47 PM
Yea man let's hire Bob Stoops who any time he's faced a team with the same talent level he's looked lost and been out coached. Yea man I'm heavily impressed by that.

WHAT?

Did you even watch the OU-Oregon Bowl game?

CHIEF4EVER
01-07-2006, 03:48 PM
They had Jay Fiedler, and he got hurt right after Pennington did. They had Bollinger, signed Testaverde off the street, and then used Kliff Kingsbury for a bit when both of those other guys were hurt.

That is precisely the reason I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Jim Jones
01-07-2006, 03:48 PM

Kirk Ferentz would have been a MUCH better hire then Hermeil. heck, I'd even take Stoops. At least he can surprise us and be great, we know what we're getting with Hermeil.. mediocrity.

Mecca
01-07-2006, 03:50 PM
WHAT?

Did you even watch the OU-Oregon Bowl game?

Because Oregon was sporting as much talent as OKlahoma with their 4th string QB in there...... :rolleyes: Yet Oregon still nearly won the damn game.

I'm sure that also negates the total ass kickings by KSU and USC, not to mention Nick Saban making him look like a moron in that title game.

melbar
01-07-2006, 03:50 PM
It makes him a lot more qualified then a guy who's never even been a conference championship.

Ya, Barry didnt inherit a great team or anything... :rolleyes:

Count Zarth
01-07-2006, 03:52 PM
Because Oregon was sporting as much talent as OKlahoma with their 4th string QB in there...... :rolleyes: Yet Oregon still nearly won the damn game.

I'm sure that also negates the total ass kickings by KSU and USC, not to mention Nick Saban making him look like a moron in that title game.

Well I don't know alot about college football, but anytime an unranked team beats a 6th-ranked team, that seems pretty damned impressive to me.

If Stoops wasn't one of the better coaches in the country then forget it.

All I know is the ONLY reason Carl hired Germ is because they are buddies. He didn't even shop around.

Jim Jones
01-07-2006, 03:53 PM
Ya, Barry didnt inherit a great team or anything... :rolleyes:

I was talking about Fassel.

Jim Jones
01-07-2006, 03:54 PM

you win some you lose some. Those losses don't negate the countless wins over Texas, the 2001 national championship over FSU, the win over Oregon this year.

Him even getting to those title games with Jason White as his QB proves how good he is.

And i don't know why you're only talking about college coaches, there are plenty of NFL coordinators who would be better then Hermeil too.

Mecca
01-07-2006, 03:55 PM
Well I don't know alot about college football.

Obviously..........

KCChiefsMan
01-07-2006, 03:55 PM
. Saban inherited a team that was realing the year before because of the Williams fiasco.

Miami went 9-7 which is pretty damn good for what they have

Count Zarth
01-07-2006, 03:56 PM
Obviously..........

I admitted it, freely.

There was no reason for you to act like a jackass over it.

melbar
01-07-2006, 03:58 PM
How many teams in the league can withstand losing their starting QB for the season? Let alone 3, if you think any team could survive that you're dilluted.

Amen.
Dont forger the running back.

Mecca
01-07-2006, 03:59 PM
I admitted it, freely.

There was no reason for you to act like a jackass over it.

Sure there is, you're acting like a jackass over Herman Edwards all over this board. So maybe resorting to your level will click in your head a few times. Taking the higher ground isn't working with you so maybe being brutally honest will.

tk13
01-07-2006, 04:00 PM
Amen.
Dont forger the running back.
And their best offensive lineman, Kevin Mawae. If the Chiefs lost Green, LJ, and Roaf we'd be dead.

melbar
01-07-2006, 04:02 PM
Miami went 9-7 which is pretty damn good for what they have

What they have is a team that was picked to go to the Super Bowl year before last , a great D , and 2 star running backs. Chambers was making some nice plays too.

Count Zarth
01-07-2006, 04:03 PM
Sure there is, you're acting like a jackass over Herman Edwards all over this board.

Yes, but he deserves it.

And furthermore, he's not admitting shit.

Mecca
01-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Yes, but he deserves it.

And furthermore, he's not admitting shit.

So he deserves it in your estimation because you don't like him? That's great logic man, if I was giving you what I thought you deserved after this lame "germ warfare" crap. Not to mention all these posts on here that are just illogical.

You'd think I was a hell of alot more than just a jackass right now.

melbar
01-07-2006, 04:07 PM
And their best offensive lineman, Kevin Mawae. If the Chiefs lost Green, LJ, and Roaf we'd be dead.

We saw what losing 1 pro-bowl lineman can do . If we had had Roaf healthy do you think we would be playing this weekend , or maybe even starting next?

Logical
01-07-2006, 04:10 PM
Kirk Ferentz would have been a MUCH better hire then Hermeil. heck, I'd even take Stoops. At least he can surprise us and be great, we know what we're getting with Hermeil.. mediocrity.Why don't you post Iowa's records the last 4 or 5 years under Ferentz. Pretty unimpressive as I recall except for 1 year.

Count Zarth
01-07-2006, 04:10 PM
So he deserves it in your estimation because you don't like him? That's great logic man, if I was giving you what I thought you deserved after this lame "germ warfare" crap. Not to mention all these posts on here that are just illogical.

You'd think I was a hell of alot more than just a jackass right now.

Dude. If you came out and said "I don't know shit about football" I wouldn't respond with "HAHA U MORON."

Show some decency. We may not agree, that doesn't mean you have to be a jerk about it.

Jim Jones
01-07-2006, 04:13 PM
Why don't you post Iowa's records the last 4 or 5 years under Ferentz. Pretty unimpressive as I recall except for 1 year.

11-2, 10-3, 10-2, 7-5. Pretty damn good considering Iowa was in the shits before he got there, and it's probably damn near impossible to convince a top recruit to play out in the middle of nowhere at Iowa. he has NFL experience and totally rebuilt that program, seems like the perfect coach to me.

B2chiefsfan
01-07-2006, 04:14 PM
I'm cool the Herman Deal. I reallly think he'll do well for the Chiefs. Do I expect him to take the Chiefs to the SuperBowl...???? Hell, I'll be tickled to death if the Chiefs just get a playoff win within the next couple of years.....

He's an NFL coach with playoff wins(within the last five years) under his belt

Yep, I like the Herman pick...............

Mecca
01-07-2006, 04:16 PM
Dude. If you came out and said "I don't know shit about football" I wouldn't respond with "HAHA U MORON."

Show some decency. We may not agree, that doesn't mean you have to be a jerk about it.

So let me get this right, I'm acting like a jerk? From what I've seen, since last night that it became official this was getting done you've been running around this board acting like a jerk.

Craving attention, creating your little "germ warfare" thing. Telling us all how horrible Herm is because he wasn't "your guy".

Simple as this, if you're going to act like a jerk you should expect to get it back sooner or later. Are you trying to say you should be able to act like a jackass but not get called on it by anyone?

shakesthecat
01-07-2006, 04:16 PM
Why don't you post Iowa's records the last 4 or 5 years under Ferentz. Pretty unimpressive as I recall except for 1 year.

your and idiot

Count Zarth
01-07-2006, 04:19 PM
So let me get this right, I'm acting like a jerk? From what I've seen, since last night that it became official this was getting done you've been running around this board acting like a jerk.

Craving attention, creating your little "germ warfare" thing. Telling us all how horrible Herm is because he wasn't "your guy".

Simple as this, if you're going to act like a jerk you should expect to get it back sooner or later. Are you trying to say you should be able to act like a jackass but not get called on it by anyone?

I'm not acting like a jerk.

I have an opinion. I haven't attacked anyone for disagreeing with it.

I may defend my opinion to the death. That does NOT make me a jerk.

The fact that ANYONE is offended by what amounts to an AVATAR CLUB is ridiculous. Grow some thicker skin.

If you're so incensed, start a PRO-GERM club or something. It would be fun as hell if you ask me...and that's what Chiefsplanet is all about.

Mecca
01-07-2006, 04:22 PM
I'm not acting like a jerk.

I have an opinion. I haven't attacked anyone for disagreeing with it.

I may defend my opinion to the death. That does NOT make me a jerk.

The fact that ANYONE is offended by what amounts to an AVATAR CLUB is ridiculous. Grow some thicker skin.

If you're so incensed, start a PRO-GERM club or something. It would be fun as hell if you ask me...and that's what Chiefsplanet is all about.

I'm not offended by it I just think it's dumb........What's your sig line again?

Originally Posted by htismaqe

I said your opinion is DUMB.

I think that applies in this situation to how I feel about all of this.

B2chiefsfan
01-07-2006, 04:27 PM
This Herman guy really sucks...........:rolleyes:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/coaches/index.php?coaches_id=3

New York Jets Head Coach Herman Edwards' endless passion for the game of football combined with a relentless work ethic has quickly earned him the distinction of being one of the NFL's bright, innovative head coaches. Edwards, who guided the Jets to back-to-back AFC playoff berths (2001 and 2002), led the Green and White to the 2002 AFC East title in what is widely considered to be the most competitive division in all of professional football. He became the only coach in New York Jets history to have guided the Jets to winning seasons in three of his first four years. In the 2004 season, the Jets finished the regular season with a 10-6 record and a 1-1 record in the postseason. He guided the Jets to a 6-2 mark at home this season and a 4-4 record in road games. Edwards, by virtue of the Jets' 2004 Wild Card berth became the first head coach in New York Jets history to have earned admission into the postseason on three separate occasions. Edwards also has earned the distinction of becoming the first Jets coach to lead the Jets to two AFC Divisional Playoff games (2002 and 2004), and became the first coach since Walt Michaels in 1982 to lead the Jets to a playoff road win when the Jets defeated the AFC West Champions San Diego Chargers.
Edwards 10-6 record made him just the third head coach in franchise history to lead his team to double-digit wins in different seasons with the Jets. Edwards, perhaps one of the finest coaches in the NFL in adverse situations, helped the Jets rally from a two-game slide, and the loss of QB Chad Pennington in early November, to earn two big road wins in a row, thus closing out the month of November 3-2.

Count Zarth
01-07-2006, 04:28 PM
Wow. A bio from the JETS website.

I bet they really point out all of his shortcomings there.

B2chiefsfan
01-07-2006, 04:30 PM

Gochiefs has gotten himself a pair of nuts lately.............:spock:

Go ahead and bring it this way youngster.............

CHIEF4EVER
01-07-2006, 04:30 PM

If any of it is nonfactual, please elaborate.

Count Zarth
01-07-2006, 04:31 PM
If any of it is nonfactual, please elaborate.

Most team websites blow their players and coaches endlessly. You'd be hard pressed to find a bio that pointed out ANYTHING negative.

Please note that this team just DUMPED him.

melbar
01-07-2006, 04:31 PM
your and idiot

your AND idiot.... ROFL
classic

CHIEF4EVER
01-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Most team websites blow their players and coaches endlessly. You'd be hard pressed to find a bio that pointed out ANYTHING negative.

Please note that this team just DUMPED him.

You still failed to elaborate on the nonfactual portions in spite of the deflection. BTW, he didn't get dumped, They got compensation for him.

Count Zarth
01-07-2006, 04:35 PM
You still failed to elaborate on the nonfactual portions in spite of the deflection. BTW, he didn't get dumped, They got compensation for him.

I'm sure the Jets were just HEARTBROKEN that they had to get rid of Edwards.

Plenty of facts in those bios, sure. And like I said, nothing negative.

milkman
01-07-2006, 05:04 PM
Edwards is a better coach than Jim Fassell........How often do we find impact players in the 4th round? Playing the law of averages it's not a bad move. It's a 2nd day pick for a head coach, hell Tampa gave up 2 first rounders.

I don't get this.

Every one arguing for Edwards cites his playoff record, yet summarily dismisses Fassel's playoff record.

Fassel's overall career record is better than Edwards, and he took a team that he built, not another HC, ala Switzer, to the SB, with a far worse QB than Hermie has had to work with.

So tell me why Fassel is worse than Edwards?

Mecca
01-07-2006, 05:09 PM
How about because Fassell's background is offense and we don't need another offensive head coach? If we wanted to do that we could have just hired Al Saunders and had 5 more years of what we just had.

We're never going to win with all offense and no defense. I don't think we should have had much consideration to hiring an offense first head coach.

milkman
01-07-2006, 05:11 PM
How about because Fassell's background is offense and we don't need another offensive head coach? If we wanted to do that we could have just hired Al Saunders and had 5 more years of what we just had.

We're never going to win with all offense and no defense. I don't think we should have had much consideration to hiring an offense first head coach.

So you mean't to say that Edwards is a better "choice", instead of better "coach"?

Mecca
01-07-2006, 05:12 PM
So you mean't to say that Edwards is a better "choice", instead of better "coach"?

You could say that, I don't think Jim Fassell is a horrible coach or anything. He's just not the right fit here.

milkman
01-07-2006, 05:13 PM
You could say that, I don't think Jim Fassell is a horrible coach or anything. He's just not the right fit here.

OK, I can accept that.

Jim Jones
01-07-2006, 05:14 PM

What background does Herm have? He's just a motivational guy, he's never been known as any kind of X's and O's guy on either side of the ball. His defenses in New York were ass until Donnie Henderson came along.

Fassel might have a background in offense but that doesn't mean he's incapable of hiring a great defensive coordinator to work the D for him.

If you want a f'ing defensive minded coach then lets get Ron Rivera!!!

Count Zarth
01-07-2006, 05:14 PM
Yep. Well done, lieutenant.

Mecca
01-07-2006, 05:15 PM
What background does Herm have? He's just a motivational guy, he's never been known as any kind of X's and O's guy on either side of the ball. His defenses in New York were ass until Donnie Henderson came along.

Fassel might have a background in offense but that doesn't mean he's incapable of hiring a great defensive coordinator to work the D for him.

You can ask TK to post all the Herm info again that he's posted........either that or you can search back through the board to find it.

Herm was a defensive back coach here and with Tampa for many years.

Count Zarth
01-07-2006, 05:15 PM
Herm was a defensive back coach here and with Tampa for many years.

Exactly. Not much of a pedigree.

Mecca
01-07-2006, 05:16 PM
Exactly. Not much of a pedigree.

Do you realize how many players he sent to the Pro Bowl when he was a DB coach? I'm pretty sure he's credited for making Dale Carter the player he was.

Count Zarth
01-07-2006, 05:19 PM
Do you realize how many players he sent to the Pro Bowl when he was a DB coach? I'm pretty sure he's credited for making Dale Carter the player he was.

I don't care. Jerome Woods made the pro bowl two years ago.

milkman
01-07-2006, 05:20 PM

I am not happy with Herm as HC, but I think the guys that are make a valid point when they point out that this is a veteran team, and a coach with experience is better suited to the job at this point in time.

I would rather have hired Al, but I think Rivera would have been a bad fit today.

Tribal Warfare
01-07-2006, 05:43 PM
I am not happy with Herm as HC, but I think the guys that are make a valid point when they point out that this is a veteran team, and a coach with experience is better suited to the job at this point in time.

I would rather have hired Al, but I think Rivera would have been a bad fit today.I'm hoping that Herm will bring the Tampa Bay Buccaneer style, and attitude to the defense. If he can do that I'll be happy. though this style better not affect the offensive scheme then I'll be really pissed.

Jayhawkerman2001
01-07-2006, 07:38 PM
**** all you stupid ass haters. the Chiefs are our team, show some god damn pride whoever the hell it is we got at coach. i bet you herman edwards will be a great fit for this team. quit trying to start shit with your germ warfare stuff. its really childish

milkman
01-07-2006, 07:42 PM
**** all you stupid ass haters. the Chiefs are our team, show some god damn pride whoever the hell it is we got at coach. i bet you herman edwards will be a great fit for this team. quit trying to start shit with your germ warfare stuff. its really childish

I love it when n00bs feel like they have a say in anything.

It's so cute!

VonneMarie
01-07-2006, 10:22 PM
Just thought I pass this along...

Chiefs | Team close to terms with Edwards
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 20:15:55 -0800

Doug Tucker, of the Associated Press, reports the Kansas City Chiefs are close to coming to terms with former New York Jets head coach Herman Edwards. The team expects to finalize a deal with him Sunday, Jan. 8, and formally announce him as the new head coach on Monday, Jan. 9. As reported earlier, it is believed that Edwards will earn between $4 million and $5 million a year with the Chiefs.

DaWolf
01-08-2006, 02:50 AM
Here's what I like about this: Peterson's MO has been to do what it takes (trade draft choices if need be) to get someone reasonably proven as HC.

The one thing I have never understood is people's insistance that we don't spend money. That's a load of BS. We spend plenty of money, and we had when we hired Vermeil one of the largest and highest paid staffs in the NFL. When guys request players we go out and pay for them. I have no problem with Carl there, so I agree with what you say there. Carl sees what he wants and gets it.

Here's the negative though: many times what Carl wants is just wrong for the organization. He will often sign the wrong player. He will often sign no player because he feels like he's already put together a good team. He will often hire the wrong coach (Gunther twice). i've never questioned Carl's desire to win, it is there in full force. But he wants to win with his buddies or his players (Grbac is a perfect example), and often when that doesn't mesh with being a good decision, it backfires...

Rausch
01-08-2006, 03:28 AM
Just thought I pass this along...

Chiefs | Team close to terms with Edwards
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 20:15:55 -0800

Doug Tucker, of the Associated Press, reports the Kansas City Chiefs are close to coming to terms with former New York Jets head coach Herman Edwards. The team expects to finalize a deal with him Sunday, Jan. 8, and formally announce him as the new head coach on Monday, Jan. 9. As reported earlier, it is believed that Edwards will earn between $4 million and $5 million a year with the Chiefs.

Monday at 3.... :hmmm:

Where did I see that.......

Count Zarth
11-20-2007, 09:53 PM
WOOHOO!

Stinger
11-20-2007, 09:55 PM
Yeah .... print'em !!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Well wait a minute ..

Pablo
11-20-2007, 09:56 PM
This is the best news I've heard all night. Herm 4 Lyfe!!!!!

Mecca
11-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Can we take this one back.......and anything nice I said about Herm in this thread.....I take back.

Count Zarth
11-20-2007, 09:59 PM
It's funny seeing Mecca defend Herm in this thread while Germ Warfare unites.

TEX
I'm hoping that Herm will bring the Tampa Bay Buccaneer style, and attitude to the defense. If he can do that I'll be happy. though this style better not affect the offensive scheme then I'll be really pissed.

ROFL

I guess your PISSED! :hmmm:

Pablo
Can we take this one back.......and anything nice I said about Herm in this thread.....I take back.OH yeah..there was a bunch of Herm-blowin' goin down in this thread. It's okay, I still haven't totally lost hope in Herm. At least he's building a good team for someone else to take over.

Mecca
11-20-2007, 10:00 PM
I feel ashamed.....ashamed I said nice things about Herm.

dirk digler
11-20-2007, 10:03 PM

Jim Jones here basically saying Herms a bad coach because he doesn't have 4 Pro Bowl QB's on his roster is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen but that's his perogative.

This arguement has become stupid because some people are taking this to extreme levels to just dislike Edwards. If you don't like the decision fine but the way some of you are acting is just absurd.

LMAO

Priceless

Mecca
11-20-2007, 10:05 PM
LMAO

Priceless

Obviously personal experience changes things.

smittysbar
11-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Boy I got a kick out of this thread...

dirk digler
11-20-2007, 10:08 PM
Obviously personal experience changes things.

Flip-flopper

:)

Mecca
11-20-2007, 10:09 PM
Yes I'm flipping.......I need a shower now to wash the shit I said off....

I was wrong I fully admit it and wish to change my views, I have now be educated.

MadMax
11-21-2007, 12:14 AM

Rewind the clock PLEASE!!!!

Count Zarth
12-27-2008, 11:58 PM

Prophetic.

Kyle DeLexus
12-28-2008, 12:13 AM
They'll give Herm $20 mill but won't open the wallet for any talented players

Mr. Flopnuts
12-28-2008, 12:46 AM

What?

Bacon Cheeseburger
12-28-2008, 12:50 AM
This thread is a good example of how little the people who act like they know everything really know.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-28-2008, 12:53 AM

What?

ClevelandBronco
12-28-2008, 12:54 AM
I'm like a guy walking past a graveyard full of people I never met.

cdcox
12-28-2008, 01:15 AM
Worst thread ever.

pr_capone
12-28-2008, 01:22 AM
Prophetic.

you don't get to toot your own horn on this subject since you flip flopped

Rausch
12-28-2008, 01:30 AM
you don't get to toot your own horn on this subject since you flip flopped

And if he was any kind of reporter he would have contacted the NFL and found out exactly WHY the NFL let up on their "no picks for coaches" stance.

Something a drunk fuck like me posted the phone number (now changed) and reason for around this time...

KCChiefsMan
12-28-2008, 02:21 AM

NOOOOOO!!!!!!

okay..........my size 12 is in my mouth, shoes and socks still on. :cuss::cuss:

smittysbar
12-28-2008, 08:33 AM

Good stuff :D I bet you would change a few things in this post, if written today.

Reerun_KC
12-28-2008, 08:35 AM
This is the best thread I have ever reviewed... Nothing more sastisfying that reading all these Herm swallowers and watching them eat cock..

BigChiefFan
12-28-2008, 08:36 AM
Good stuff :D I bet you would change a few things in this post, if written today.I still think he's a good motivator, however, my optimism at that point in time looks a bit foolish today.

I also saw the thread title and my heart about sank-I thought this was current and I was about to lose it.

For the record, I also liked Hugh Douglas.:D

Over-Head
12-28-2008, 08:37 AM
This is the best thread I have ever reviewed... Nothing more sastisfying that reading all these Herm swallowers and watching them eat cock..:clap:ROFL:clap:

smittysbar
12-28-2008, 08:38 AM
I still think he's a good motivator, however, my optimism at that point in time looks a bit foolish today.

I also saw the thread title and my heart about sank-I thought this was current and I was about to lose it.

For the record, I also liked Hugh Douglas.:D

Oh, me too. I immediately checked the date.

milkman
12-28-2008, 08:41 AM
This is the best thread I have ever reviewed... Nothing more sastisfying that reading all these Herm swallowers and watching them eat cock..

I wasn't happy that we signed Herman fucking Edwards, but unlike you, I just didn't see the need to beat everyone over the head with it.

We were stuck with him.
State your opinion and move on.

When the time comes for you to gloat, do it.

But even though I never liked Herman fucking Edwards, your continuous drumming on the subject got really tiresome.

blueballs
12-28-2008, 08:45 AM
did you leave out the re
resigns today

Braincase
12-28-2008, 08:47 AM
Keep in mind that keeping Herm around may prove to be an economic decision - if the coach the new GM (whoever that is) wants is more expensive than Herm, we might wait until after all the stadium renovations are done before giving the new guy the keys.

blueballs
12-28-2008, 08:49 AM
kill the messenger

smittysbar
12-28-2008, 08:49 AM
I wasn't happy that we signed Herman ****ing Edwards, but unlike you, I just didn't see the need to beat everyone over the head with it.

We were stuck with him.

But even though I never liked Herman ****ing Edwards, your continuous drumming on the subject got really tiresome.

heh, I got a kick out of it. Always made me think, "wow someone that hates him more then me.......unbelievable". I truly think he would take a swing at him, if the opportunity ever came to be. :D

milkman
12-28-2008, 08:52 AM
heh, I got a kick out of it. Always made me think, "wow someone that hates him more then me.......unbelievable". I truly think he would take a swing at him, if the opportunity ever came to be. :D

I guess if I thought of that potential scenario, I might have enjoyed it more.
But I didn't really get all worked up about it.

I sometimes occassionally thought he just went overboard, even though, for the most, I agreed.

Reerun_KC
12-28-2008, 09:01 AM
I wasn't happy that we signed Herman ****ing Edwards, but unlike you, I just didn't see the need to beat everyone over the head with it.

We were stuck with him.

But even though I never liked Herman ****ing Edwards, your continuous drumming on the subject got really tiresome.

Its good to be me....

Reerun_KC
12-28-2008, 09:03 AM
I guess if I thought of that potential scenario, I might have enjoyed it more.
But I didn't really get all worked up about it.

I sometimes occassionally thought he just went overboard, even though, for the most, I agreed.

Its okay, really...

I would of never taken a swing at him, that is not my style... I would have called him out though if I ever met him... I would like to ask him some questions the KC media is to chicken bleep to ask... I honestly think I could out debate him or out think Herm on any matter...

blueballs
12-28-2008, 09:03 AM
she may be slow but
Karma's a cold hearted bitch

Reerun_KC
12-28-2008, 09:05 AM

No swing, but someone had to lead the Herm bashing charge....

I just will be glad when it is over with... I miss the passion and enthusiam I had for the team and franchise...