PDA

View Full Version : Utility bills

tommykat
01-06-2006, 09:17 PM
CHIT...........Got mine today.....OK, Nov was $90ish Dec went up to $165 and TODAY it came in and was $287...........Freak I leave it on no higher than 64 when home and 61 or 62 at night.....What the :cuss::cuss:

One person not home.....not cooking.....little of nothing I use here and that much! My neighbors was over $330. They are freezing to death and was gone most of the month with the temp at 54 and still had that high bill.....

SO I HAVE VENTED. Do I feel better? :shake: Tried of paying for Katrina and the low lives not working and collecting money from the government! Sorry if I hit a nerve with anyone that lost family there. Just sick of our Government screwing us!!!

KcMizzou
01-06-2006, 09:22 PM
I hear ya. My gas bill jumped from $67 to $309 las month.

|Zach|
01-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Utilities included in my rent.

Hooray.

laser1972
01-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Mine was $300.00 last month, now its at 68 at night and 65-66 when i am not home..

I regret the hardwood floors probably dont help..

Yes, those high bills are paying for people who DONT pay their bills and then the sob story is on the news.... Probably have theirs on 80 in the winter, but cant afford the bill.. gas is just a bad word all over...

tommykat
01-06-2006, 09:29 PM
But chit it wasn't cold in December but a few days, our winter has been warm and we still pay for what??? Sorry just pissed! As 1 person can have a bill that freaking high? :shake:

Bed time.......have fun all.

Baconeater
01-06-2006, 09:34 PM
I installed a wood-burning stove in my basement a few years ago, it's worth it's weight in gold. Electric heat pumps can save you money, but if you rent then neither of these options do you any good. Doesn't sound like there's any relief in sight either. Your local utility may offer a budget plan that will spread the cost out over the year, you may want to check into that.

tommykat
01-06-2006, 09:37 PM
I installed a wood-burning stove in my basement a few years ago, it's worth it's weight in gold. Electric heat pumps can save you money, but if you rent then neither of these options do you any good. Doesn't sound like there's any relief in sight either. Your local utility may offer a budget plan that will spread the cost out over the year, you may want to check into that.
I was on level billing at one time, I see I will have to go back to that again. But prices weren't like this then....thanks anyways.

KILLER_CLOWN
01-06-2006, 09:43 PM
We were paying around $400 last year and this year the even payment plan has me at a cool $109. Gee that was a tough decision for us.

tommykat
01-06-2006, 09:45 PM
We were paying around $400 last year and this year the even payment plan has me at a cool $109. Gee that was a tough decision for us.

But will you owe at the end of the year? I didn't when I did this, but I would say I would this year.

Skip Towne
01-06-2006, 09:45 PM
I was going to comment earlier but I just regained consciousness from receiving my bill. It is quadruple my previous high. Somebody is going to pay. Probably me.

grandllama
01-06-2006, 09:50 PM
somebody needs to quietly go over to TK house and unplug Jim Nasiums extension cord that is connected to those 15 space heaters...

KILLER_CLOWN
01-06-2006, 09:50 PM
But will you owe at the end of the year? I didn't when I did this, but I would say I would this year.

According to the ditz on the phone no, but i will be paying an extra $75 through the summer months.

Baconeater
01-06-2006, 09:57 PM
Your level payment probably will be higher than it was before, ours is balanced in July.

Hoover
01-06-2006, 09:57 PM
my gas bill was $400 for November

Ouch!

plbrdude
01-06-2006, 10:06 PM
my gas bill was $400 for November

Ouch!

wow. ouch is right. my shop had a nov bill $40 for gas & elect. dec $140 and that's kept at 38 .
house went from $87 to $165. thats gas and elect. i have a 12 seer heat pump w/95k 90% gas furnace back up. i was cryin the blues, now i'm thinkin' not so bad.

harpes
01-06-2006, 10:10 PM
$397 Gas Bill $165 Electric, $65 Dish, $127 Cell, $59DSL, $109 Sprint. Thats why the hell I'm sitting at this damn computer on Friday night sipping cheap vodka instead having a life

penguinz
01-06-2006, 10:13 PM
Check your bill and make sure it does not say estimate on it. Sometimes they will guess the amount they think you used instead of reading your meter.

Valiant
01-06-2006, 10:21 PM
But chit it wasn't cold in December but a few days, our winter has been warm and we still pay for what??? Sorry just pissed! As 1 person can have a bill that freaking high? :shake:

Bed time.......have fun all.

Gas companies said they were guessing what you were going to use this winter here in kc... Ours was over 230 after being 90 bucks... Im sure if a group of people got together to look into it there might be some refunds...

Valiant
01-06-2006, 10:24 PM
Gas companies said they were guessing what you were going to use this winter here in kc... Ours was over 230 after being 90 bucks... Im sure if a group of people got together to look into it there might be some refunds...

Oh our house in roughly 60-65... And it was only cold for maybe 10 days here in kc...

Baconeater
01-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Check your bill and make sure it does not say estimate on it. Sometimes they will guess the amount they think you used instead of reading your meter.

That's another way they fuk you. Last year I received a bloated estimate in January, and they balanced it in February, no problem except gas hit it's peak price in Jan, but I was credited at the Feb rate. Bastards. :cuss:

luv
01-07-2006, 12:02 AM
Utilities included in my rent.

Hooray.
All I pay is electric. Good thing it's the gas that went up. :thumb:

My utility bill for last month was about $36-38. That's more than usual. Usually around $28-30. :D

Baconeater
01-07-2006, 12:08 AM
All I pay is electric. Good thing it's the gas that went up. :thumb:

My utility bill for last month was about $36-38. That's more than usual. Usually around $28-30. :D

You can be sure you'll be seeing a rent increase soon....

luv
01-07-2006, 12:11 AM
You can be sure you'll be seeing a rent increase soon....
Just renewed my lease for another year in December. I'm good for this year. It also includes cable + HBO and high speed cable internet. Take off the average price for those two things and I'm actually only paying around $395-400 for rent.

jjchieffan
01-07-2006, 12:21 AM
I bought my house a year ago. One big selling point was the electric heat pump. Our electric bill was under $150 last month, and we have a 2 story house, and my wife keeps the thermostat at 72 degrees. No way I could afford gas.

Saulbadguy
01-07-2006, 10:01 AM
my gas bill was $25 last month. wtf.

sd4chiefs
01-07-2006, 10:10 AM
My energy stocks are kicking ass.

penchief
01-07-2006, 12:30 PM
CHIT...........Got mine today.....OK, Nov was $90ish Dec went up to $165 and TODAY it came in and was $287...........Freak I leave it on no higher than 64 when home and 61 or 62 at night.....What the :cuss::cuss:

One person not home.....not cooking.....little of nothing I use here and that much! My neighbors was over $330. They are freezing to death and was gone most of the month with the temp at 54 and still had that high bill.....

SO I HAVE VENTED. Do I feel better? :shake: Tried of paying for Katrina and the low lives not working and collecting money from the government! Sorry if I hit a nerve with anyone that lost family there. Just sick of our Government screwing us!!!

You should be tired of corporate welfare, too. Especially when energy companies are raking in record profits. They're a bunch of major league crooks and they have us by the nuts.

penchief
01-07-2006, 12:36 PM
My energy stocks are kicking ass.

That's what it's all about. We're an INVESTOR NATION, BABY!!!!!

Why sit on your asses and collect welfare when there's a better way to make money by doing nothing? Unfortunately, that is the direction this country is headed. Investing has become more virtuous than working. I know that most people do both but when the interests of Wall Street weighs more heavily than the interests of working families then this country has it's priorities screwed up, IMO.