PDA

View Full Version : Good deal on 19" LCD

Claynus
01-07-2006, 01:10 PM
I am having a hard time finding reviews on this model but it has DVI and a low response time. Comes with the DVI cable, too.

http://www.ezbuyclub.com/EzBuyClub/WebStore/a.asp?ItemCode=MN-PTVL1918BKR

http://65.60.98.99/EZbuyclub/products/MN-PT-VL1918_200.jpg

Only $219 shipped.

Thinking about grabbing it but looking for reviews.

ArrowheadHawk
01-07-2006, 01:11 PM
19" LCD should cost you at least 275 i wouldn't trust it. probably get what you pay for

Claynus
01-07-2006, 01:12 PM
19" LCD should cost you at least 275 i wouldn't trust it. probably get what you pay for

It's marked down from $399.

Valiant
01-07-2006, 01:35 PM
It's marked down from $399.

It said it includes a dvi cable so I am calling bullshit... only 90 day warranty, most are 12months... I would be weary of the buy.. It is a brand I have never heard of and it is a used item... Just check your local electronic stores for open box buys if that is the case...

Ari Chi3fs
01-07-2006, 02:18 PM
i think you should buy it Clayton, that way we can have some EZBuyClub Warfare threads in 91 days or so.

DRU
01-07-2006, 02:22 PM
Open Box 90 day warranty means it's a refurbished unit. I wouldn't get it, not because it's refurbished, but simply because it's only 90 day warranty. Any reliable manufacturer offers at LEAST the remaining original warranty on refurbished products and often times will even start the warranty over.

Kerberos
01-07-2006, 03:22 PM
Interface Standard Analog VGA (D-Sub)

Listed as dual input but go down and look at the specs and it says EXACTLY what it says above.

Buy it GoatCheeze and tell us what you got for $219.

Claynus
01-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Interface Standard Analog VGA (D-Sub)

Listed as dual input but go down and look at the specs and it says EXACTLY what it says above.

Buy it GoatCheeze and tell us what you got for $219.

You're saying they're lying about DVI?

Valiant
01-07-2006, 05:31 PM
You're saying they're lying about DVI?

I would be more worried about the 90 day warranty.. As long as you understand you are getting a used item with only 90 days of warranty..

The manufacture site says it comes with DVI.. So you are good there... I would be worried about getting a used computer item shipped to me.. When playing with the 90 day warranty you have to remember those people take up to two buisness weeks to send back in forth if it is having problems.. Then that does not add into the fact that they have to receive it to count when they got it for your warranty...

Other then that it seems like a good deal and the manufacture says it does actually come with the dvi cable.. Not sure how they make any money though..

AeroSquid
01-07-2006, 05:40 PM
12ms is slow for a TFT and 250 cd/mē is not great brightness. it's an open box item with a 90 day warranty... run the other way and don't look back lol.

Claynus
01-07-2006, 05:47 PM
12ms is slow for a TFT .

I just wanted to argue this point. I thought 25ms or more was slow and anything 16ms or lower was good for gaming and DVDs.

I have seen many reviews on 16ms / 12ms LCDs that said they were just fine.

TinyEvel
01-07-2006, 05:56 PM
I wouldn't buy anything smaller than 27"
Unless it's for inside your van.

Skip Towne
01-07-2006, 06:05 PM
Well, Princeton is on Directv's list of TV's their remote will program to operate. But I've never run into one. Caveat emptor. Did you get a job?

Claynus
01-07-2006, 06:06 PM
Well, Princeton is on Directv's list of TV's their remote will program to operate. But I've never run into one. Caveat emptor. Did you get a job?

This isn't a TV, it's an LCD monitor.

Skip Towne
01-07-2006, 06:38 PM
This isn't a TV, it's an LCD monitor.
I realize that. I was speaking to the name recognition of Princeton. I've never heard of it but it is listed. Were you aware there are Harley Davidson TV's?

KcMizzou
01-07-2006, 06:40 PM
Were you aware there are Harley Davidson TV's?:spock:

I sure wasn't. Weird.

Valiant
01-07-2006, 06:40 PM
I just wanted to argue this point. I thought 25ms or more was slow and anything 16ms or lower was good for gaming and DVDs.

I think anything higher then 8ms sucks for gaming... well especially for fps type games...

Claynus
01-07-2006, 06:41 PM
I realize that. I was speaking to the name recognition of Princeton. I've never heard of it but it is listed. Were you aware there are Harley Davidson TV's?

Do they come with chrome?

ZootedGranny
01-07-2006, 07:28 PM
I think anything higher then 8ms sucks for gaming... well especially for fps type games...

I've got a 17in Viewsonic that I've had for a couple of years, and I see absolutely no ghosting despite it having a 16ms response time.

As for that original post, I don't have an opinion on that monitor, and upon looking, haven't found any reviews for it. Princeton isn't anywhere near the top of the LCD foodchain, but they aren't complete trash either.

One piece of info I'd offer is only if you're new to LCDs, moving from a CRT. You may or may not already know this, but most 17inch LCDs are comparable in screen size to some manufacturers 19inch CRTs, because an LCD's viewing size is generally at what they list the LCD.

AeroSquid
01-07-2006, 08:55 PM

and that shows your ignorance of LCD monitors. There are 2 different kinds of panels, TFT and TN displays. I own an 8ms TFT LCD and it is not fast enough. a 25ms TN panel is just as fast as a 16ms TFT, neither are fast enough for any halfway serious gamer.

Skip Towne
01-07-2006, 09:03 PM
:spock:

I sure wasn't. Weird.
In my job I've probably seen 6000 TVs. But only one Harley Davidson. It was nothing to write home about. Very plain 19". I doubt Harley made it. Probably farmed it out and put their name on it. I'll bet they would bring a good price in Sturgis, though.

Claynus
01-08-2006, 09:24 AM
and that shows your ignorance of LCD monitors. There are 2 different kinds of panels, TFT and TN displays. I own an 8ms TFT LCD and it is not fast enough. a 25ms TN panel is just as fast as a 16ms TFT, neither are fast enough for any halfway serious gamer.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh. Excellent.

I truly AM ignorant...is there a FAQ I can read somewhere?

Claynus
01-08-2006, 09:27 AM

I've having trouble finding any TN panels on newegg.